Discussion Suggestions for must-read novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Parth37955, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you see...They still cost money. :(

Fudge my country's novel are worth SHIT...They are very costy and bad...

2. NaM

NaM 『♔ Re dell'appostarsi』(The GentleMaN)

Reading List:
    Link
    Tensei Shitara Slime datta ken (Jp)
    (Action/Adventure/Comedy)
    - One of the Reincarnated to another world theme from Japan that i actually appreciate and have an actual plot and OP world building and Characters

I Shall Seal The Heavens (CN)
    (Action/Adventure/Romance/Xianxia)
    - has lots of traditional chinese reference and good character and story development. One of the earliest translated novel in the translation Community.

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (Kr) (Action/Adventure/Comedy/Romance)
    - Virtual Reality story with an awesome Mc with long chapters and trilling game adventures.

3. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    If only we lived in a Star Trek style utopia where money didn't exist...

naviet likes this.
  4. Jed333

Jed333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jikuu mahou de isekai to chikyuu wo ittarikitari
    Different World with a Smartphone
    Charging Magic with a Smile
    And honestly surprised it has gotten to 4 pages and no one has said
    tensei shitara slime datta ken. <== Well thats what I wanted to say but someone put it up while I was typing this XD

5. HapUgMata

HapUgMata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Utsuro no hako to zero no maria is a good one but honestly it's not for beginners...

i think that's condor hero that you mean...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  6. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMPOSSIBLE!

:(

7. HapUgMata

Reading List:
    Link
    i was balancing kumo desu ga and tensei shitara slime...we'll kumo won with it easier to be captivated...kumoko is funnier than rimuru specially at the beginning...

8. Casul Reader

Casul Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei, what got me into this whole novels thing in the first place. Although the writing may not be the best, it is completed and the character development is something to read for.

HighSchool DxD, another one that got me into the whole novels thing. One might think that it's just ecchi, and yes there are a lot, and it may be just another power trip novel, but it was an enjoyable read.... For the most part.

HapUgMata likes this.
  9. LoLzM

LoLzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No the title of the show was "Eternity". I remember it airing around the same time as a Korean/Chinese/Japanese show called "Westside Story", which was about some guys in bikes and skateboards doing some tricks and shit.

10. HapUgMata

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe it was was on 9 or 13 back in the day...they were the ones with many chinese shows...but i still think no coz ATTE is still pretty new work of Er Gen...

11. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legend of Sun Knight
    Fate/Zero
    Mushoku Tensei (WN)
    Those are the three completed novels I can personally recommend. Coiling Dragon is also good and might be worth reading but not sure...

Sadly no completely translated Korean ones I have read and can recommend yet, will be multiple ones once the translations finish.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    let see some have stated it before I try to give broad thing my list will be
    ~ Coiling Dragon(CN)
    it's complete a perfect starter for newbie who want to know general think current translated xuanhuan/xianxia/or what ever it called genre on NU so they wouldn't surprise later it contain : looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story, secondary romance, ridiculous power about Immortal, mysterious old gramp trope on CN novel
    ~ The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor(KR)
    actually I wanna recommend .hack but no link so this will do introduce VRMMORPG and some MC who have money mongrel trait
    ~ Against The God(CN)
    this will introduce newbie toward lot of jade beauty thing how CN MC on xianxia/xuanhuan harem come, what is arrogance young master, coughing blood and I Your Father thing
    ~ Ze Tian Ji (CN)
    not all CN xianxia/xuhuan story is fast paced action and closed door cultivation this will prove it
    ~ Transcending The Nine Heaven(CN)
    xianxia meet politic huehehehe
    ~To Be Virtues Wive(CN)
    the most important from this title is............ welcome to ancient term on royalty of china prepare some pill if you get headache huehehe after you finish this you will see lot similar thing on CN ancient drama period This Benwang will take a nap~ zzzzzz wait what Benwang mean again?
    ~Infinite Stratos(JP)
    the one who make many people curse so called dense harem protagonist from JP harem genre
    ~Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro……(JP)
    Not all harem story with male MC is bad a must read for those who have read to much mc with Yuki Rito style
    ~Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu(JP)
    this nice start to learn about how reincarnated to villain on otome game try to avoid bad end, well beside the lovely bakarina style
    ~Uchi no Musume no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai(JP)
    this will intrude to cute thing outside romance

well that for now~

13. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Stellar transformation and douluo Dalu were the two main novels that I started off with. From there I got into other novels. And I checked out IET's and TJSS's other novels and started reading them too~

14. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei (Reincarnation) - Well, I have to say it is a really good overall novel to read with good pacing. On top of that, the translation is completed and it is a very good example of harems done perfectly.

Shieldbro (Isekai) - A good introduction to isekai novels with game elements.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - It's a good read, and is a different kind of JP novel from the ones a lot of people read.

Death March - Although it is another isekai novel, it goes off in a completely different direction with it being a slice of life comedy novel and all.

Overlord - Err... duh, it's Overlord.

Coiling Dragon

LMS

Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Heavy Object

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  15. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    warlock of the magus world and dungeon defense are two of the best novel dark fantasy which people can read and it is also newbie friendly cause of it's western naming style

16. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon Defense
    -If you're into psychological and dark theme that has no over exaggerating talks which conveys too much gore(but will still show some gore in the end)
    -more into an adult thinking ways.
    Volume one is good and easy to understand cuz it's funny talk about the MC's family

17. Harvestasya

Harvestasya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    .......... @Parth37955 what do you mean with cute? explain it I don't get it, please don't trick other

18. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I would argue that To Be a Virtuous Wife is not for newbies to the CN romance historical genre. It uses quite a bit of pinyin, terminology, and just general customs that would be best picked up by reading others in the genre first, perhaps the Mistaken Marriage Match series, I'm not sure. But I would not consider To Be a Virtuous Wife or World of Cultivation to be novels for newbies (despite being truly excellent).

asriu and Nimroth like this.
  19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Master's Wife could probably serve as an introduction to yaoi themed novels as isn't solely focused on the smut even if it is present.
    Probably one of the better xuanhuans I've read so far too...

asriu likes this.
  20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I only recommended it for lot of term that I found make my head dizzy~
    let them suffer!
    19668.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.