Novel Sword Immortal's Rebirth (Chapter 31 and 32 are up...)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Jun 11, 2017.

?

Dis gud?

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. I don't care

30 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. New readers, select this.

28 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is going to be like the final chapter boss battle in xianxia. Please advice!

Prologue 1: Nineorigin's Rebirth

+++

The Nineorigin Chaosworld was famed as vast without end, an amalgamation of countless lesser worlds, 900 greater worlds and 9 supreme worlds. With the Five Elements as the core, Wind and Thunder forming the inner heaven and Light and Darkness forming outer boundary, its Daocore disseminated limitless energy to the denizens of the world, allowing them to cultivate, to refine their inner selves and grasp the profound Dao!

However, at the moment, the minor and major worlds were almost completely destroyed! Countless lifeforms were exterminated, turning to dust, with even their souls exterminated. Only the 9 supreme worlds which were the core of the chaosworld were left intact.

At the limits of the boundaries of this chaosworld, in the boundless darkness of space, two figures stared at each other. The energy radiating from their bodies could exterminate all life from a minor world in an instant.

“Hahaha! Only the 9 core worlds are left! Once I deal with you, I will destroy them. That would be the death-knell for this pitiful chaosworld!” A black haired beauty clad in a red robe that covered little of her body proclaimed this loudly.

The target of her words, a white haired swordsman kept his silence as he drew his sword. With a flick of a finger, the sword turned into a sweeping pure white swordlight, transforming the space surrounding him into a domain. Earth spontaneously formed beneath the man’s feet and a natural law descended, transforming the barren earth into a vast sword. This was a swordworld!

“A Perpetual Sovereign of your age has formed a Swordworld? It seems that your comprehension of the sword has reached a peerless realm. The three Perpetual Sovereigns of your world could only use a formation to restrict me, but their battle prowess was pitiful. I played with them for a thousand years before unraveling their formation and slaughtering them! It seems you took that time to cultivate yourself, huh? Let’s see how long you can entertain me!” A spear formed in the woman’s hands. Woman and spear flew like dragons, aiming to pierce the swordworld formed by the man!

“Die, vile woman!” With each sentence, the sword intent surrounding the swordworld multiplied in intensity as it flew to slash the woman in half. A Perpetual Sovereign could form a world within himself. Beginning from a minor world, with cultivation, it would transform to a major world and finally a supreme world! The white swordsman’s swordworld was a supreme world, rendering him an existence at the apex of Perpetual Emperors. However, the woman facing the swordworld considered Perpetual Sovereigns as insects she could crush at will!

“An Perpetual Emperor of your age actually refined a supreme world! It seems that you have some talent… as such, I won’t play around anymore! Battle against this!” The spear in the hands of the woman multiplied in size, becoming as large as the swordworld in an instant! The two weapons which surpassed the sizes of entire worlds clashed against each other, trying to overpower their opposition. A shockwave swept out, forming large spatial cuts. A stray star was swallowed by a spatial cut, and the luminous mass disappeared in an instant.

The weapons clashed for a few rounds, forming overpowering shockwaves that tore through space like paper. The sword held the majesty of a supreme world with converging profound Daos while the spear was like a black hole, aiming to swallow even the light and plunge everything into eternal darkness!

After what seemed like an eternity, the crumbling of space finally stopped as the weapons returned to their wielders.

+++

“It seems that a clash of weapons is meaningless! Woman, unveil your true strength!” The man roared as boundless power erupted from him, multiplying the size of his body, finally ending at 36,000 km long. The entire body seemed like a peerless sword, a sword that could sever spacetime, the Great Dao and even chaosworlds!

“The sword is my body, the sword is my heart, the sword is my spirit, the sword is my path!” Boundless sword intent radiated from the white man and his swordworld synchronized. Finally, the gigantic figure of the man grasped the swordworld like a swordsman wielding a 3 foot sword!

In response, the black-haired woman flicked a finger, causing her spear to disappear. In an instant, she transformed into a 108,000 km long black dragon. The dragon’s body was clawless and wingless, with a figure like a coiling dragon or a flood dragon, a dragon that was not yet a true dragon. Myriad runes were etched on her skin, and a tremendous aura of desolation emanated from her! All cultivators would emit the Dao that they had comprehended, but what the black dragon emanated was the desolation of a white dwarf in the boundless starry sky!

“It has been quite a while since a cultivator has shown enough strength to witness my true form. Countless chaosworlds have suffered destruction as my Desolate Dragon Clan destroyed them and swallowed their Daocores! And now, your chaosworld will suffer the same fate!” The melodious voice of the girl had morphed to a great roar, but nevertheless, the message was comprehended.

“Desolate Dragon… A starbeast! An existence that swallows stars in infancy and worlds after they mature… You are obviously not an infant. But no matter how long you have lived, you’re your long lifespan ends here!” The white haired swordsman raised the swordworld and flew to confront the black dragon.

The black dragon roared, causing spacetime to come to a standstill and shatter. Normally, the walls of space would instantly recover, but it seemed as if the force of the roar forced even space to stay shattered! This was imposing a law on the boundless world, forcing it into desolation!

Seeing the peerless might of the black Starbeast, the white-haired swordsman paled. Nevertheless, he used the swordworld as a three-foot sword, dexterously slashing down on the humongous dragon. However, not a single drop of blood fell.

Whip! The tail of the dragon swiped down, forcing the swordsman to dodge. He once again slashed down with the power of numerous Daos, but the skin of the black dragon emitted an aura which ground away at the strength of the sword blows!

The battle had reached a stalemate. The dragon could not hit the swordsman, while swordsman’s strikes were meaningless.

The two foes stared at each other for a moment, before the black dragon resumed its attacks. Peerless might shattered space like glass, causing the swordsman to incessantly evade.

“Swordsman, while I cannot hit you for now, my every move is causing the boundless power of desolation to erode away this chaosworld! It won’t take long until all life in this world turns extinct, the principle of karma shatters and the Daocore of this world reveals itself! After that… hmph!” A great roar blasted from the black dragon’s mouth, filled with frustration with its inability to bat away the ant harassing her.

“Impossible!” Suddenly, the white swordsman realized that he had been too focused to defeating the black dragon, even reaching the point where he forgot about the power of destruction contained in her attacks!

‘I cannot even scratch her with my current strength, while every moment she breathes grounds away the Nineorigins chaosworld… How can I battle her? The Sword Dao is famed to purify all evil, but reaching a level where I can purify this desolation which reduces even universes to dust is simply wishful thinking…”

Suddenly, a wave of power entered the body of the swordsman, invigorating him. The power comprised of nine elements, coming straight from the Daocore of the world! The chaosworld supplied strength to its defender, not allowing him fall!

“The Daocore is granting you strength… it seems like it has finally realized the danger it is in. However, no Daocore can restrict me, a Desolate Dragon!” The tail that whipped out like a divine spear froze spacetime in an instant, causing the swordsman to be unable to flee. Against his approaching doom, the swordsman slashed out… causing bloody flesh to fall!

“That Daocore has granted you such strength?!” This was the first time that the black dragon had sustained injuries in a long time. The collaboration of three Perpetual Emperors had failed to even scratch her, while a lone man had injured her with a single slash? How could it be?

In reality, the assistance provided by the Daocore was limited. However, for a Perpetual Emperor who had reached the absolute apex, the next step of cultivation was condensing a Chaoseed, refining it into a Daocore and forming a chaosworld in the dantian! The Daocore’s transmission of energy had the dual effect of filling the white haired man with insights, causing him to make staggering leaps in his cultivation every moment!

Slash! Slash! Slash! Every flash of swordlight tore into the black dragon, causing her fleshy body to be continuously minced to pieces! With every moment, the black dragon weakened and the momentum was seized by the white swordsman!

Suddenly, the vast power of chaos that filled the boundless universe descended on the white swordsman. It was a power that did not originate from the Nineorigin chaosworld, but hailed from the boundless expanse outside. The boundless power of chaos was nursed in the dantian of the white swordsman fused with his soul, finally condensing into a chaoseed!

“I have left the boundary of Perpetual Emperor and finally broken through to a Chaos Sovereign. Black dragon, face your death!” The white haired swordsman flicked a single finger at the black dragon. The swordlight that flashed chopped through the power of desolation and cut through the black dragon!

“An entry-level Chaos Sovereign dares to be so arrogant? I cannot battle you for now, but after I completely mature, I will come for your head!” The cut that had chopped the dragon in half quickly mended, and the dragon swiftly flew away. However, would the swordsman let the beast that decimated his chaosworld run so easily?

“You killed my three seniors and destroyed countless lives in your mad slaughter. How can I let you go so easily?” The swordworld in the man’s hand turned into countless streaks of swordlight that instantly surrounded the black dragon. A cage of swordlight began to grind on the vast dragon, slowly condemning it to death!

“You… an entry-level Chaos Sovereign dares to cage me? It seems that I have to sacrifice some blood essence…” The runes on the black dragon’s body glowed as it burst out with unpredecented strength, shattering the cage of swordlight!

“That was simply my sword Dao. Let me show you… the true strength of a Chaos Sovereign!” The boundless chaotic energy that filled the vast expanse of the universe descended, fusing with the sword intent of the white swordsman. A sturdier cage bound the black dragon and the power of chaos strived to tear through the Starbeast!

No matter the secret arts used or the blood essence sacrificed, the black dragon could not shatter the cage binding it. The swordsman observed the runes burned on the dragon’s skin as he maintained the cage of swordlight.

For 25 years, the black dragon was bound by the sword cage. No matter how hard it tried to exit, it was impossible for it to leave. The Daocore slowly recovered, helped by the chaos power of the white swordsman.

“Hahaha… It seems that it is impossible for me to leave from this vile cage… A noble Desolate Dragon shall die in a chaosworld, bound by a entry-level Chaos Sovereign… What a shame…” The white swordsman only glanced at the dragon before returning to observing the runes on the dragonskin. The dragon had descended into frenzied insanity when it finally realized that death was inescapable.

“Your blasted chaosworld should be damned to destruction… Since I am fated to die anyway, let me take it to its final destruction with me…” Suddenly, an immensely powerful bloody shadow formed around the black dragon, shattering the cage of swords! The flesh and bones of the black dragon shattered, and runes engraved on the dragonskin shot out, forming a grand formation.

Limitless power of desolation emitted from the formation, turning the black dragon that birthed it into dust. With a flick of a finger, the white swordsman captured the soul of the black dragon and delved into it, searching for information on the grand formation. Before the soul was exterminated by the power of desolation, he luckily retrieved some information.

“Ninerune Great Destruction Array… This is formed from the Dao engraved on the Desolate Dragon and can destroy boundless worlds with the might of extermination… Only by comprehending the law of Desolation can this array be dispersed… Impossible, my understanding of Desolation from the black dragon’s runes cannot compete with this array!” The swordsman called on the power chaos to battle the array, but it was useless. The Daocore of the Nineorigin world did not even attempt to battle against the power.

“Is the Nineorigin Chaosworld fated to be destroyed…?” Just as despair filled the swordsman, a power emanated from the Daocore.

“Teleportation…? You want me leave?” A strange feeling filled the swordsman’s heart. The will of the world wished for him to escape and was willing to sacrifice itself for him!

“…No, I can’t leave.” A serene expression filled the swordsman, resolve to face death standing. Limitless power of chaos was attracted to his body, filling the chaoseed with power.

“My understanding of the Desolate law isn’t high, but I do have some understanding. Nineorigin chaosworld, your final surviving expert shall sacrifice his life for your rebirth!” With incomparable resolve, the swordsman spat out the chaoseed out of his body. Limitless power of creation fused into the Daocore of the world, allowing it to oppose the desolation!

As the body of the swordsman crumbled away, the chaoseed controlled by swordsman’s soul shot into the Ninerune Great Destruction Array. In his final moments, the swordsman countered the relentless power of destruction by the inexhaustible power of creation. As the power of desolation was finally destroyed, the soul of the swordsman finally began to crumble.

Just then, the Daocore attracted the soul, saving it from destruction. Having safeguarded the chaosworld from destruction, why wouldn’t the chaosworld save the brave hero that saved it?

This story begins with the white swordsman awaiting reincarnation, striving to create a magnificent legend once more!

Prologue 2

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    iormunger15, Trent and Pyoo like this.
  2. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds very chuuni

MHKnight and strayCat0 like this.
  3. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    An Perpetual Emperor of your age actually refined a supreme world

Should be a, not an.

Also could you change this part by using another example?
    Finally, the gigantic figure of the man grasped the swordworld like a swordsman wielding a 3 foot sword!.

When I read this, I can't help but imagine the giant swordsman wielding a sword...that's only 3 feet. The image in my head was a giant holding a toothpick XD. I know he's wielding the sword world, but the example used makes me imagine something else.

Zeckzen likes this.
  4. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought you said it was final chapter...

5. Deleted member 43009

Deleted member 43009 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not feeling much xianxia vibes from this.This feels like a generic japanese hero vs demonking/demon god ending

Zeckzen likes this.
  6. Satyryakfly

Satyryakfly Relic

Reading List:
    Link
    3 feet is actually a normal size for a single handed sword.
    A full Norman 2 handed Longsword was only 5 feet long, and landsknechte Zweihanders were 5'9'' (both pretty huge weapons for swords).

7. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Yeah, it's a xianxia. There wasn't even any attack name calling...

Tropes are tropes, you don't have to understand them to put them. From the very beginning, this story was too short to put actual tropes and make it less generic.

Final chapter 'style'

Well, most xianxia have a demon lord/god as ending bosses so...

8. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    I know.

But in this story, the Swordsman turned into a 36,000 km giant wielding a swordworld.

When someone compares the sword of such a giant to a 3 foot sword, it creates a weird image for me.

9. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    Very xianxia-ish! If I'd been told that this was a Chinese translation, I could well have believed it. However, if you want to be a real Chinese xianxia author, you must turn this
    into 3+ paragraphs of awkward description, with a minimum of 6 references to jade.

Hmph. I expect to see improvement next time!
    (One specific complaint: The 25-year period is too precise and goes by too quickly. Make it a process, even if you're compressing it into a paragraph or two.)

MostlyBlue likes this.
  10. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, that was simply a comparison. A 3 foot sword is the best size for a average swordsman. Like that, a swordworld is the best size for 36,000 km giant!

11. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, all advice on point. Should have atleast inserted 'white and smooth like mutton jade' in girl description...

12. Trent

Reading List:
    Link
    -_- @Tiber Winter, I don't know if you've had a bad day or something, but Aard's chapter is honestly at least as good as most translated novels, and better than many of them. It has its issues, but so do the stories it's basing itself off of, and this is to say nothing of its actual successes. The fact that it's readable puts its well above most amateur attempts. Go criticize those instead, if you have to criticize something. You've only been imprecisely lambasting the author's story since you've entered the thread. If you have specific advice on how he can improve, please feel free to actually give it.

13. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    I am all for constructive criticism, I just didn't get what you are criticizing. I mean, how do you understand CN novel tropes? For eg. @Trent said that I should have put in more jade-like tropes for the girl & not resolved the 25-year timeskip with a sentence and I get that. I don't get what you mean by:

'put too many types of generic chinese novel tropes in here without understanding the actual tropes. so well sadly its junk.'

Plez explain.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  14. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I should have explained better you are correct there, I should have not left it as simply generic tropes as their is more than that.

first Is the beginning you bring up multiple worlds, and such yet this is suppose to be a large fight and battle the next paragraph you destroy most if not all those worlds. Later, you have a duel of sorts which carries on to the end of the story, but this is suppose to be a large scale battle which implies multiple combatants besides well A dragon lady and a swordsman.

Your understanding of the concept of Tao is very lacking or may possibly be only received through reading novels, You have people emitting Tao when Tao is the path or doctrine you live by so when you say people are emitting Tao all over and this is the Tao Sword or Tao Chaos it does not really make sense from a traditional point of view as you are saying " they are Emitting PATH, PATH/DOCTRINE Sword. which ultimately shows a lack of understanding that a path of learning and having experiences or a way of life is not all of sudden a skill and or weapon. Then you mention law, which through me for a loop Desolate Law? what do you mean was this just another idea point such as chaosworld and was this suppose to show some understanding of the story I thought I would assume you would mention actual text or practices, but it seemed more irrelevant information was thrown in which well confused me, and made me convinced this story is a mix of many ideas without a singular idea or understanding. Up to this point I concluded it was generic and a mix mash of ideas and concepts from multiple novels and not a original understanding/story. Below I put some of the things that really were similar to other novels, or just confused me in general.

as you used the Ambiguous Idea Of multiple worlds preparing to fight. is a well used in many modern chinese web/light novels.

Your cute little changes on the idea of how cultivation works DaoCore???

White Swordsman, a continuous trope used through out plenty as a characters hair goes white.

So I hope this feedback is helpful and you are not to offended.

15. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I got you. The Dao concept was a little bit haywire, so I'll try and fix it.

And do you read Desolate Era? Most of the concepts are just lifted straight off it. For eg. Daocore=Worldcore, Nineorigin Chaosworld=Three Realms Chaosworld, etc.

Prologue 2 up in a while

16. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 2: Prelude to Reincarnation

Prologue 1

When the white swordsman woke up, he found himself in a white world. Misty smoke drifted in empty space, and all he could see was white.

‘Is this what comes after death? To think that I, Sheng Jiansui, the youngest Perpetual Emperor, would die like this… But it was a worthy death.” Sheng Jiansui, the Saint of Sword Quintessence, Daoist name Swordcore pondered over his final moments.

From his birth as a lowly orphan in the mortal world, he, a nameless boy understood that the most important thing in the world was power! He pestered a retired soldier to teach him martial arts. With perseverance, even with mediocre martial arts, he built up a strong foundation by practicing since his childhood. Ultimately, he joined a martial arts sect, obtained true legacies and soared into the boundless sky!

From a lowly mortal, he rose step by step, steadily increasing his martial arts and accumulating various experiences. He explored various secret realms, found greater martial arts and more powerful treasures and kept on expanding his horizons. He refined artifacts, talismans and pills and set up formations. But his Martial Dao was founded on the sword, and he never stopped cultivating his sword arts as he rose.

When he broke through to become a Perpetual Emperor, the Nineorigin chaosworld faced the threat of the Starbeast. The black-haired woman brought calamity to the world, destroying major and minor worlds like cutting grass. His three senior Perpetual Emperors implored him to cultivate in seclusion, as his strength wasn’t enough to impact the great battle. Thus, he used a time acceleration treasure as his seniors fought, rose to the absolute peak of power he could achieve and returned to battle.

“An eternity in this white world… doesn’t sound too bad, I suppose.” Since there was nothing to do, Sheng Jiansui closed his eyes, preparing to enter meditation. Just then, a soft voice spoke.

“You are certainly diligent… Anyone else would have at least explored this white space before even thinking of meditating.”

The speaker was a teenager dressed in a white cloak. Even though the cloak covered the majority of her body, it could not conceal her curvaceous figure and jadelike white skin. He facial features emanated renowned beauty. From the distinct aura of chaos and the nine elements emanated from her, Sheng Jiansui realized that she was most likely the Will of the Nineorigin chaosworld.

“I suppose I should thank you for saving me. I am the Worldwill that was formed from the Daocore of the chaosworld. As for my name, you can call me…” The woman tapped her head as she thought of a name, “Nineorigin doesn’t sound bad, I think?”

“Nineorigin, good name, certainly a good name! You may call me Sheng Jiansui, or Swordcore if you wish. I have heard about 1,000,000 year old trees achieving the Dao and priceless swords giving birth to sword spirits, but I never expected that a Daocore could give birth of a Worldwill as well!” Sheng Jiansui was certainly amazed.

“Let me call you Swordcore then. It might be easy for swords and tree to gain sentience, but for a chaosworld it is too difficult. In truth, I only gained conscious thought when I absorbed your chaoseed after you used it to destroy the Starbeast’s array formation. It seems that I owe you too many things.”

Hearing this, Sheng Jiansui was stunned. “But you did supply me strength from your Daocore. And you even tried to teleport me away when it seemed that the chaosworld would be destroyed!”

Nineorigin simply waved her palm, dismissing it: “The desire to survive and the desire for revenge certainly aren’t indicators of sentience. If not for your chaoseed, it might have taken billions of years for me to be born, and my intelligence would be similar to a 4 year old at best.”

“After weathering this tribulation, while many things have been lost, I have gained things of more importance. My sentience and the abundant power of the chaoseed means that I can actively control the path which the chaosworld roams through the vast universe. This means that calamities like the Starbeast will not be able to attack this world at their will.” As Sheng Jiansui heard her words, his face brightened before suddenly paling as he realized one fact.

“Does the world have any Perpetual Emperors? After my death, I believe all Perpetual Emperors of this chaosworld returned to dust…”

Hearing Sheng Jiansui’s words, Nineorigin frowned. “…That’s true. While I can bring out the power of a Chaos Sovereign within the chaosworld, it is no replacement for a Perpetual Emperor. That said, the chance of a cultivator entering the Perpetual Emperor realm within the next 1,00,000 years seems near-impossible.”

“While the difficulty of breaking through to Perpetual Emperor is certainly high, all the people who have reached the half-step Perpetual Emperor realm are safely holed up in the supreme worlds. It certainly shouldn’t be difficult for them to break through in 10,000 years or so…” Sheng Jiansui refuted Nineorigin’s words.

“…To enter the realm of Perpetual Emperor, the cultivator must condense a Supreme Dao and fuse with it. However, don’t even speak of the minor and major Dao, even the 9 Supreme Dao were damaged in this great battle! Moreover, four new Supreme Dao of Life, Death, Nirvana and Desolate were formed as well! As it is, even the cultivation paths have to be rebuilt. Those surviving half-step Perpetual Emperors will have to shatter the Dao comprehensions before rebuilding them!”

“…Four new Supreme Daos? Nineorigin, are you going to form four more Supreme worlds from them? And speaking of the cultivation paths being rebuilt…” Just as Sheng Jiansui spoke, Nineorigin interrupted.

“You don’t need to think of those things for now. After all, you are only a discarnate soul. The mortal world is no longer the world you can call your own.” As Nineorigin said this, Sheng Jiansui finally realized that he was dead. As shock filled his face, simultaneously a strange relief came over his heart.

“…I suppose my words were too harsh. You were a Chaos Sovereign, an existence who could ignore the fetters of the chaosworld and explore the vast expanse of the universe. However, you selflessly decided to sacrifice everything to save me… I cannot repay 1/100th of your favor to me, but I will try my very best to grant you a path to reincarnation.” Nineorigin gently spoke.

“But for your rebirth to safely occur without loss of memory, I have to reform the minor and major worlds, stabilize the 9 supreme worlds, soothe the countless Dao, reconstruct the Underworld and the path of reincarnation and form 4 new supreme worlds… There are too many things to do. But I promise you won’t have to wait long. For now, you can sit and meditate here. This is the Daocore, the birthplace of the myriad manifestations of the Dao across the chaosworld. Normally, no one other than me can ever enter this space, so just think of this as an opportunity.”

+++

In what seemed like the blink of an eye, 500 years passed by. In these ten 50-year cycles where many mortal dynasties might rise and fall, Sheng Jiansui concentrated on sensing the myriad Dao. Abstract concepts like time-space, reality-illusion and void were simplified and easily comprehended. Mesmerized, just when he was on the verge of comprehending an insight…

“Jianjian, why do you cultivators love meditating on the Dao? You have been sitting like a stone all this while. Doesn’t it get boring?” Nineorigin stretched her arms as she interrupted his meditation.

“It isn’t boring at all! Stop interrupting me at critical times! And don’t call me Jianjian!” While Nineorigin had been hard at work reconstructing the chaosworld, after a while, she began to take breaks and slack off. Without sentience, she would have been completely incapable of feeling boredom and would not have faltered from her work.

True to her physical age, she was acting annoying like a teenager. Sheng Jiansui still didn’t understand why he was nicknamed Jianjian.

“The Dao… why is it something you have to pursue with all your strength. Even without a physical body, with only your spirit remaining, why try so hard…? The Dao is something I can control with a flick of a finger…” With a flick of her exquisite finger, space froze and time stood still. A star was born, shining bright, before turning to dust in a supernova. A lake formed before her, with multicolored lotuses floating gracefully. Myriad manifestations of the Dao occurred with a flick of a finger!

Seeing this, Sheng Jiansui could only sigh. This was like the difference between a genius and a ordinary student solving a mathematical problem. The genius would skip a few steps, due to his outstanding comprehension of the problem while the ordinary student could only carry out every single step.

And Nineorigin could arrive at the result by completely skipping the process! For her, the long path of cultivation and the torturous paths of meditation were meaningless. But even so, Sheng Jiansui had to teach her the path tread by ordinary cultivators, those that strived to oppose the Heavens with their own will!

“While you can easily command the Dao, it is something innate to you, like my arm is to my body. You have not meditated for countless years, spent sleepless nights rattled by the imperfections in your arts, desperately fought in life-and-death battles seeking for a breakthrough! You have never realized that the Dao is vast and endless, and with you only taking a single step on the vast path! You have never felt the sinking feeling that your potential has burnt out, that you will never reach the apex of cultivation!”

“Even if you can fully command the Dao, it can only increase your personal power. And you don’t have much need of personal power in the first place. You cannot write that knowledge down in scriptures, cannot create supreme martial arts and cannot create peerless legacies to pass on to talents! Since you have not achieved the Dao by yourself, you cannot instruct the Dao to others.”

“Every single step of the path of cultivation is known to us because of our predecessors who walked that path without any knowledge. Their cultivation arts and legacies are the pavement layered on the desolate road for us successors. So, it is the duty of the next generation to surpass the previous generation!”

“While you have achieved the Dao… you cannot transmit it! You cannot nurture the next generation of cultivators with the hard-earned knowledge.” Sheng Jiansui shook his head.

Hearing his words, Nineorigin seemed to comprehend the difficulties and perils of the path of cultivation. “What you truly want to say is… the Dao that has been achieved by me is worthless, as it cannot be transmitted.”

“I didn’t mean-“ But Nineorigin had already disappeared. Sheng Jiansui sat down in meditation in quietness.

+++

Time passed like river water. With his heart set on comprehending the mysteries of time, Sheng Jiansui ignored all distractions, his heart set on the Dao.

With his heart in meditation, Sheng Jiansui never noticed that the Nineorigin chaosworld was no longer in pieces. All the minor and major worlds were reconstructed, the 9 supreme worlds were stabilized, the Dao was firm enough to hold up the heavens, the Underworld was functioning and the path of reincarnation was reformed!

With all her duties as the Worldwill complete, Nineorigin decided to form a sect in one of the major worlds. In the new world that had formed, she gathered people to form a sect. In the brave new world where even the cultivation paths had to be rebuilt, the ‘Nine Origin Sect’ took the initiative in exploring the unknown.

“‘While you have achieved the Dao… you cannot transmit it! You cannot nurture the next generation of cultivators with the hard-earned knowledge.’” In a large room at the top of a vast tower, the Patriarch of the Nine Origin Sect spoke to herself. Once upon a time, a white haired swordsman said these words to her. “Sheng Jiansui! Even without transmitting my Dao, I still nurtured a new generation of cultivators! I don’t need to transmit the Dao… I am the Dao.”

“I wonder how you will react to my great success… Of course I won’t tell you. It will be a nice surprise…”

Just then, a ripple went through a token on her desk. As the token transmitted a message to her, her divine sense pierced into the Daocore. In that space, a lone man had awakened.

With a single thought, a message was immediately broadcasted, echoing throughout the space inside the Daocore. “So you are up, huh? A long time has passed by. All preparations for your reincarnation are complete. I will send you to your new life right away!”

Chapter 3

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Trent likes this.
  17. Trent

Reading List:
    Link
    *Applauds* I’m very impressed with how you’ve again captured the feel of xianxia.

-First off, I was joking about jade! Please don’t put that in your story, we see it enough as is!

-During the description of his titles, "daoist name swordcore" is clunky and makes the description run on for too long. I recommend leaving that part out from this paragraph, and having him reveal it when he’s speaking to Nineorigin.

-The leap from her introducing herself to him speaking is too sudden. I recommend putting, “Sheng Jiansui was certainly amazed,” at the start of his paragraph instead of the end.

-"My intelligence would be similar to a 4 year old at best," is a too human and too specific thought. A world would be familiar with countless creatures, so it shouldn’t automatically consider humans to be the baseline of intelligence.

-1/100th to one-hundredth (for the more ancient feel).

-Like the 25 years before, I suggest expanding the 500 years. Time-skips are, more often than not, lazy choices that throw away potential.

-Some errors skipped past proofreading. :rolleyes: Not that saying that actually helps you.

Good work!

18. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1: Rebirth in the Dark Phoenix Clan

Prologue 2

“My emperor Heifeng, please bless your newborn son.” A jadelike young woman clad in comfortable yet majestic looking royal robes handed the infant swaddled in her arms. The baby gurgled loudly, but did not cry. The newborn seemed to gaze at the black-armored Emperor, his father.

The man coldly glanced at the baby while holding him in one hand. The other hand grasped a needle which pierced into the baby’s finger, drawing a drop of blood. A smile flashed on the man’s lips when he saw that the baby did not cry, and it widened the very next moment. “My son… he has inherited your Yellow Dragon bloodline with a thick concentration of 40%. The bloodlines of the Azure Dragon, White Tiger and Black Tortoise are in balance, with 10% each. However, he has also inherited a quite thick portion of the bloodline of our Dark Phoenix clan, at 30%!” Hearing this, the woman became pale.

“I shall grant my son the name of Jiansui, after a dream of the Swordcore Saint, the final Perpetual Emperor of the Primordial Era, who graced me in a dream last night. Heifeng Jiansui, my first son who has been born 6 years after the birth of my daughter, Heifeng Xingmei! You have been granted 7 years to hone yourself. After this time has passed, you shall battle to the death with your sibling for the right to claim the title of the successor of the Throne of the Dark Phoenix Empire!” With the majesty of a Divine Emperor passing a Decree to all under the Heavens, a shocking proclamation was made.

The Emperor handed over the child to his mother as he continued the proclamation. “For these 7 years, he is granted an allowance of 1,00,000 Elemental Jades for training himself. He is not allowed access to any more money for these 7 years. He is allowed 3 visits to the Divine Scripture Palace, and allowed to choose a Mortal-rank weapon from the 1-layer Treasury Palace. During the battle of the successor’s seat, he is restricted to only Mortal-rank weapons unless he has forged them himself. “

“My son, Heifeng Jiansui! I wish that good fortune may descend on you! Have my blessings!” The Emperor flicked a finger causing a violet aura to appear on his finger. This was the legendary ‘Violet Qi from the East’, the sign of a virtuous king. The light entered the baby’s body, purifying him.

After the Emperor left, the mother glanced at her son. “After 7 years pass, that Heifeng Xingmei will be 13 years old! Her 75% pure Dark Phoenix bloodline will awaken, leaving you no chances of escaping death! My son Jiansui… your namesake was the final Perpetual Emperor of the Primordial Era of 1 million years ago, who sacrificed himself to kill a Calamity that would have destroyed the Nineorigins World... I hope some of his destiny rubs off to you, allowing you a chance at life…”

The peerless woman never saw the face her son made when he heard her words. Now that his fate had been declared, the mother decided to feed her child.

+++

That night, after being put to sleep after being fed his mother’s milk, the newly christened Heifeng Jiansui seemed to sleep soundly. In reality, the reincarnated spirit within him was pondering over the events that occurred soon after his birth. “It seems that a million years have passed by since my death. ‘The final Perpetual Emperor of the Primordial Era’… this is a grand yet ominous title. I am now a prince of the Dark Phoenix Empire. And to become the Crown Prince and succeed the throne, I have to slaughter my sibling in a duel after 7 years…”

“To begin with, let’s check my new mortal body first.” With a single thought, divine sense entered his infant body, allowing him to gain information about the best way to train himself. “My mother’s remnant energy after my birth hasn’t dispersed yet and that Violet Qi given by my father still remains… I might as well use them.”

Since the energy pathways within his body hadn’t been developed yet, he gently converged the two energies to meet at the most vital point in his body – the heart. His body had been created by the merging of Yin from his mother and the Yang from his father, and the two energies from the same sources converged again, forming a purifying power similar to the power of limitless creation held by the primal chaos.

His body was a still lake and his heart was its centre when a single stone dropped. Countless ripples originated from his heart area, sweeping through every single point in his body. His bones were washed, his marrow changed, his blood was transformed and his skin was cleansed. The energy that cleansed his body resonated with the origin energy that covered the world, drawing it into his body. Without conscious thought, the heavens decided to temper his body. An hour passed until the yin-yang energies finally dispersed and the purification of his inner and outer body stopped.

Once again, Heifeng Jiansui called upon his divine sense to observe himself. His body had been thoroughly cleansed by the baptism of energy. Not a single grain of dust marred his body. His internal passageways and energy channels had also been strengthened by large margin, enough to allow him to begin cultivation!

The greatest change was in his heart. His heart had seven apertures, and their openings glowed with the energy of the five elements. While ordinary mortals might not possess a seven-aperture heart, it was a famed saying that truly virtuous men had such a heart. Of course, cultivation would also refine the heart until it had seven apertures as well!

Fire, water, earth, wood and metal... their energy ripples emitted from five apertures of his heart, linked to the bloodlines possessed by his body. As he observed those energies, Heifeng Jiansui felt two faint fluctuations from his remaining two heart apertures that should have been impossible to find on his body!

The ripple of primal chaos! The twin energies of creation and destruction rippled from the two remaining apertures of his heart.

“How is this possible? This was a reincarnation and not a single aspect of my previous body was transferred over…” Heifeng Jiansui sent a strand of divine sense into the two apertures. The moment his divine sense struck, he was immediately inserted into an illusion…

+++

A black colored phoenix flew in the heavens. Chaosfire danced on its body and its flight through the sky tore a black streak through it. A fireball spat out could turn millennia-old trees into ashes in blinks of an eye. With peerless strength as its capital, the Dark Phoenix was the king of the heavens.

After countless years of being unopposed, a human cultivator challenged it, greedy for its corpse. Even though the phoenix turned the cultivator into ashes, its location was broadcast to the world. While it could oppose a single man, it could not battle an army. Yet, it tried. After nearly exterminating the sect that opposed it, it was shot through by a specially refined arrow and fell from the sky.

Yet it was a phoenix, it could not die…

+++

After witnessing a fragment of the life of the Dark Phoenix, Heifeng Jiansui realized that it was a fragment of the bloodline memories. This was something usually only available to those who held a pure bloodline, so how did he witness it with only 30% of the bloodline. It was an easy answer: could it be related to his reincarnated soul, a purified body, the baptism of heaven-earth energy or the fact that he was not even one day old?

No matter what, he did grasp some benefits from the phenomenon. His observing of the Dark Phoenix as it flew, battled and cultivated allowed him to grasp a few techniques. The most important was a breathing rhythm which would increase the density of his phoenix bloodline. He immediately started practicing it.

As he breathed in and breathed out, the ripples of the five elements in his heart lessened while the ripples of chaotic energy increased. It was completely unnoticeable, but the flow of energy entering his body increased as well. From tonight, Heifeng Jiansui made the decision that he would keep using this breathing technique without pause and without end.

If he practiced diligently, the breathing technique would become something that his body would unconsciously adjust to. Without conscious thought, it would become a routine that would fuse to his biorhythm and become something inseparable from him!

+++

The next day, the newborn Heifeng Jiansui was taken to explore the Royal Palace by his mother. The guards, maids and the servants always respectfully bowed before his mother. Even nobles and other concubines were respectful to her.

Swaddled in his mother’s arms, she set out showing him off to the various knights of the castle. As she replied to the various well-wishes given to her, she suddenly froze on seeing a 6 year old girl. The infant Heifeng Jiansui saw his mother’s reaction and put his eyes on the little girl.

“Consort Chanlong, you seem to be quiet healthy after your delivery? Good to see your newborn son. As I now have a sibling, I feel less lonelier. May I have a chance to hold him?” Heifeng Xingmei was dressed in a black frock with a phoenix mark on the back. She gave the sensation of burning fire even when she was offering polite greetings.

“Forgive me dear, but I am still a new mother; I can’t bear to let my child go for a moment. Perhaps you can hold him when he is older?” After warding off the little girl, my mother – Consort Chanlong quickly rushed away.

All the while, Heifeng Jiansui’s eyes were on the figure of the little girl his mother ran from. All he gathered was her lonely, wistful look.

+++

That night, Heifeng Jiansui was not taken for another outing. Instead, a pair of elders entered his room. After his mother greeted them, he realized that they were grandparents from the maternal side.

“Jian-er, greet your mother’s parents!” After his mother handed him to the two grandparents, he opened his eyes and gurgled at them.

“How cute! Yue-er, you son is quite something. Bye the way, here is the book you wanted. It was quite difficult to get hold of. And this is simply the abridged version!” The grandmother offered a thin book to his mother who gratefully grasped it.

After a while, the old couple went back. Meanwhile, his mother held him in one arm and held the book in another.

“Jian-er. Think of this as a bedtime story, okay?” After the infant gurgled once, his mother began reading.

“The sword is quite simple yet quite difficult to grasp. A layman can swing a spear for a week and be a master in the mortal world while a sword requires a decade to grasp. A saber is considered a deadlier weapon than the sword, yet the twin-edged blades of a sword allow for greater prowess in killing. The quote ‘One sword cuts through ten thousand tricks’ means…” This was certainly no bedtime story, this was a sword codex!

And Heifeng Jiansui happened to be intimately familiar with this sword codex, after all he had written it himself!

Perhaps according to his mother, this was a way that would allow the destiny of Sheng Jiansui and Heifeng Jiansui to be bound together. But she would never realize -- Sheng Jiansui and Heifeng Jiansui’s fates were bound together more tightly than she could ever comprehend.

Chapter 2

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Trent likes this.
  19. Trent

Reading List:
    Link
    “Where washed” to “were washed,” and “new-born” is generally “newborn.”

Really impressive. I could handwave it in the previous chapters, but am I reading a professional work? :eek: The pacing is excellent, and the story’s quite riveting. You leave interesting suggestions, while not letting them bog the chapter down at any point. You’re gonna have to be careful not to overdo it, though, and I hope you don’t forget to later explore some of the issues that the story suggests exist (as long as doing so doesn’t bog the story down).

Question: did he immerse himself in the phoenix memories and watch them again and again, or was his insight experienced enough that he could comprehend techniques from a single look? You should also show something like the phoenix taking a great breath to amp up its fireball, to make his understanding of its breathing rhythm not seem out-of-the-blue.

Now, seriously, stop with the jade. :cry:

20. AardwarkThe2nd

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2: Battle Spirit

Chapter 1

“Jian-er, pay attention to my hand! The ‘Overturning Cauldron’ sword art requires unparalleled control over the fingers! If you want to practice the Quintessence Sword’s Foundation Scroll before you turn 3 years old, grasping the this sword technique is critical!” The reincarnated sword immortal’s mother Chanlong Yue perfectly demonstrated the intricate finger movements with a flourish. After that, she drew a sword from her spatial ring and demonstrated the sword art for her son’s pleasure.

Not a single drop of sweat formed on Chanlong Yue’s exquisite face as her breasts heaved and hips swayed. ‘My father seems to have good taste in women’, as this thought popped up in his mind, Heifeng Jiansui felt somewhat self-conscious for gazing at his mother with improper eyes.

Of course, instead of gazing at a sword art that he created as a part of the first layer of his Quintessence Sword codex which was useful to only mortals, he might as well gaze at a beauty. ‘The Emperor of the Black Phoenix Empire, my father, has a harem of 8 concubines, not counting the maids and Imperial servants. After I am declared as the crown prince, it will be an interesting experience, gathering women for my personal harem…”

In his previous life as Sheng Jiansui, he had never fallen in love with a woman. While he did enjoy some one-night-stands with beauties and engaged in dual-cultivation with a Saintesses and Holy Daughters of peak sects, he was simply indulging in the pleasures of the flesh. With his heart set on the Dao, how could he pay attention to matters like love?

But now with his old experiences and new body, he would still be able to climb to the apex even if he spent 16 hours a day whoring away. It was the foundation stage in his cultivation, so he couldn’t rush his cultivation with pills and resources. As for meditation, Heifeng Jiansui had been truly spoiled by the millennia spent in the Daocore. Any insight worth his attention would require him to sit in closed-door meditation for at least half-a-thousand years!

Just then, his mother spoke: “Jian-er, did you observe my stances and movements? Why don’t you demonstrate the ‘Overturning Cauldron’ stance to me?”

Drawing the few inches long bamboo sword from the mini-sheath on his hip, Heifeng Jiansui looked like a 4 year old playfighting. In reality, he was only a month old. When a month-old ordinary human would have been completely helpless in a fight, a Black Phoenix clansman had enough strength to battle an adult human.

In a blink of an eye, the light sword flashed in a complicated curve. Heifeng Jiansui didn’t need conscious thought to use a sword technique created by himself.

“Perfect! It seems that you truly share some fate with Sheng Jiansui, since your comprehension of his magnum opus sword codex, Quintessence Sword defies the heavens! You must understand, even some gifted swordmen have trained in the first layer for decades and yet have failed to master it! At this rate, you might actually master this sword art in a year, let alone 3 years!” In excitement, Chanlong Yue picked up her son and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

Heifeng Jiansui wiped off his cheek before asking, “Why is it so important for me to master the first layer within 3 years?” In this one month, Chanlong Yue had emphasized that mastering the sword art in 3 years was of vital importance.

“You must know that mastering the First Layer of the Quintessence Sword codex grants perfect control over the body’s muscles and the ability to easily enter a meditative state. If you can use these techniques during the awakening of the battle spirit, the battle spirit will certainly strengthen!” Seeing Heifeng Jiansui’s quizzical expression on hearing the word ‘battle spirit’, Chanlong Yue expounded:

“A battle spirit is a spiritual ability that can be awakened by strengthening the mind to a certain degree. However, direct descendants of our Black Phoenix Clan can awaken it at the age of 3. The ability depends on the mentality, cultivation path and talent of the cultivator.”

To demonstrate, she flicked a finger causing a small earthen spear to form midair. “This is a highly weakened version of my battle-spirit, Limitless Golden Mountain. From the name, you can guess that unleashing its full might here would be unwise.” She demonstrated a few simple tricks with the spear.

‘A battle spirit… Something like this never existed in the world before the Calamity… I suppose I should call it the Primordial Era now. So what Nineorigin said was true: the path of cultivation has changed…’ Heifeng Jiansui pondered about battle spirits as he observed Chanlong Yue doing tricks.

+++

After practicing his sword arts until his stamina was exhausted, Chanlong Yue declared an end to the day’s practice. As a reward for his diligent work, Heifeng Jiansui enjoyed deliciously cooked Fire-elemental beast meat for lunch.

In truth, Chanlong Yue had arranged for most of Heifeng Jiansui’s food to be cooked from Fire or Earth elemental beasts. Until a week after his birth when he could not touch solid foods, she even arranged beast milk for him!

After lunch, Heifeng Jiansui decided to meditate over his bloodline. He had nearly fused the phoenix breathing technique into his biorhythm, increasing his bloodline density by a noticeable margin. Twice a day when the density of chaotic energy was the highest, Heifeng Jiansui would tap into his bloodline memories. It had eventually turned into a daily routine!

+++

During the great battle against the Dark Phoenix, at the cost of countless casualties, the sect managed to cut off the wings of the immortal bird. The elites of the sect were quick to declare it a victory due to the spoils of war, even though there were ridiculous losses in terms of cultivators and the fact that they failed to kill the murderer.

Without any wings, the phoenix could only stare desolately at the sky. It cultivated as usual, but its wings no longer existed. While the bird would quickly recover if it found a rare herb or spirit stones, there were too few of them in the forest where he descended. With the loss of its wings, it no longer had confidence in battling mightier beasts and stealing away such treasures from them. Thus, the sight of a wingless bird hopping in despair became a common sight in a certain forest.

One day, the bird suddenly found a rare spirit flower in a bush. Unfortunately, there was a girl picking it. Swooping and snatching the flower, the phoenix immediately swallowed it. As it felt the restorative power fill its wings, it crowed in delight.

Suddenly, the crow heard the sound of a tinkling, beautiful laughter. Looking down on the earth, it was the girl from whom he had stolen the flower from! Sensing the phoenix’s gaze, the girl gestured for the bird to come down. Mystified, it gently landed on the girl’s shoulder…

+++

The bloodline memory suddenly ended, signifying the end of Heifeng Jiansui’s meditation. For the past month, he made sure to meditate on the bloodline twice a day. However, the memories were mostly fragmentary and vague. However, they seemed to grow clearer everyday.

After some research, he realized the reason for this phenomenon. In truth, the black phoenix breathing technique was refining his mind and body to have a closer resemblance to the phoenix, allowing him greater access to the bird’s bloodline memories. If he mastered the breathing technique and completely fused it within himself, his spirit would be highly strengthened. It might even awaken his mysterious battle spirit!

Within his mind, a plan to quickly accelerate the cultivation of the breathing technique began to form in his mind…

+++

“Are you sure? While I have mastered the foundations of alchemy, equipment refining and formation arrays and am certainly capable of teaching you, learning them now won’t be too useful. At the most, you will only be able to train your technical skill by rigorously drilling the foundations. Also, it will be extremely exhausting to you. Even your sister Xingmei is only focusing on training her combat arts and isn’t paying attention to such auxiliary techniques.” Chanlong Yue cautioned her son from the risk of pursuing a path that would lead to failure. He had suddenly asked her to train him in the three main auxiliary arts: alchemy, equipment refining and formation arrays!

“Emperor-Father said that only Mortal-rank weapons are allowed in the duel, unless I have forged them myself. While it is unlikely, I might end up having some supernatural talent, allowing me to quickly forge Earth-ranked items. If such a miracle occurs, defeating Xingmei won’t be impossible.”

“…That is certainly true. Okay, if you insist on it, I will train you in the auxiliary arts.” She wanted to reprimand her son on his final words, that defeating Xingmei was impossible in other circumstances, but bit her tongue.

“My son, I will begin with a simple introduction. All refined equipment, alchemical pills, formations and other items are rated in six ranks: Common, Mortal, Earth, Heaven, Immortal and Eternal. (Refined equipment of a certain rank are divided into sub tiers of low, mid, high and top grade.) The six ranks denote the six great ranks of cultivation in the Primordial Era. Even though the ranks of cultivation have changed, the ranks of items have been left as-is… in remembrance of the Primordial Era.” While waving her hands, Chanlong Yue avidly explained the auxiliary arts as Heifeng Jiansui listened.

“An alchemist who can refine low-grade Mortal rank pills is a low-grade Mortal Rank alchemist. A blacksmith who can refine high-grade Earth Rank weapons is a high-grade Earth Rank refiner! Thus the rank of an auxiliary master is defined by the highest rank item he can refine successfully. The current you can only refine equipment of Common Rank. If you awaken your battle spirit, the rank will jump to Mortal!”

“If you remember, an allowance of 1,00,000 Elemental Jades is given to you. While materials for refining are usually very costly, the cost for Common grade raw materials is quite low, amounting to an Elemental Jade for 10,000 units. Nobody really cares about those resources in the first place, so you can pick them up for free.”

“For now, come with me to the Refining Hall. Now that I have run you through the theoretical portion, let me instruct you practically!” As Chanlong Yue and her son walked to the Refining Hall, she mentally revised her lesson in her heart. The auxiliary arts would be a path to survival for her son, so she could not afford to be non-attentive while teaching.

+++

From that day onwards, an impossibly strict regimen began. In addition to his sword training, Heifeng Jiansui practiced equipment refining, alchemy and setting down formation arrays. All the while, he would use the breathing technique which transformed him mind and body into his ancestor, the Black Phoenix. He would meditate on his bloodline memories twice a day, observing and emulating the legendary bird’s breath, getting closer and closer to the original breath of the phoenix.

In truth, his understanding of refinement was high enough that he could refine Eternal rank equipment at his peak. But his current challenge was refining Common rank equipment. Even so, with his 1 month old body, the originally simple challenge rose in difficulty by a large amount.

In the beginning, Heifeng Jiansui would fail in refining a lot, due to his small figure and lesser stamina. However, his determination and persistence slowly increased his chances of success. Step by step, the equipment grade rose. From failures to low grade to mid grade, his skill rapidly rose.

Chanlong Yue was astounded by his rapid growth. It might have been understandable if his equipment refining skill rose, but his skill in alchemy and formation arrays rose side by side! She couldn’t help but think, perhaps her son’s gamble had paid off… perhaps he truly possessed a supernatural skill in auxiliary arts!

11 months passed by like this and our reincarnator spent had nearly spent a year in the new world. There was a week left for his birthday to arrive. Heifeng Jiansui’s hard work was still unknown, concealed by his mother. However, his physique had grown in strength and endurance, along with his appetite… this fact couldn’t be concealed.

However, who was he the son of? This boy had the strength and appearance of a 4 year old at the age of 1 month, why wouldn’t he be stronger and taller after an entire year? Thus, this matter was glossed over.

+++

The sounds of hammers resounded in a private refining room. Heifeng Jiansui had spent a year grasping the auxiliary arts. A few days ago, he accidentally forged a top-grade Common Rank blade. Since that day, he had been crazily training his forging arts, aiming to reproduce the miracle.

“Bang! Bang! Bang!”

As the sound of the finishing touches being applied rang out, Heifeng Jiansui gave a dissatisfied look at the yet unforged blade. “High grade again…”

Just then, a strange sensation filled his heart. For some reason, it felt as if a layer of film coating his eyes was removed. His surroundings seemed to grow more colorful. A feeling came over him, as if there was a door between his eyebrows, and he could open it with a single thought.

Heifeng Jiansui suddenly realized that he was infinitely close to awakening his battle spirit!

Chapter 3

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Trent likes this.