Discussion Tale of Wuxia : The Pre-Sequel

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Khatulistiwa, Aug 12, 2017.

1. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    It's better than original.

2. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, does the bugs mentioned in the reviews fixed yet?

3. Life Inside A Room

Life Inside A Room Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao. "Mostly Negative."
    There's even people from China saying the game is bad.
    Doesn't look worth it at the moment until they fix things or actually becomes a proper game.

4. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does this mean? If this is the pre-sequel then there must also be a sequel, right? Or is this the story of the mc's father or maybe Master Nobody? I've only played the steam version on pc which came out on 2016.. might have been different from the original. All in all tales of wuxia was a pretty solid game, classic in my book, been a long time since I feel immersed playing a game again. So many routes to choose from with multiple endings. I got the ending where I freed and joined the leader of the previous evil sect to overthrow the current evil sect and good sect, the last fight was pretty challenging.

5. Mew2

Mew2 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone. I'm just found this community after stumbling across it.
    Regarding the title: it seems like that Fenghuang Game didn't even bother to get the English title of the game right. The title means Tale of Wuxia (Turbulent Legends of Martial Heroes): Prequel, not "Pre-Sequel." I'm guessing that the machine translation tool they were using caused that nonsense to happen, since Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel got translated into Borderlands: The Prequel in Chinese. The translation quality of the game is atrocious, but generally comprehensible, barring untranslated text, text that's easy to translate but left as Pinyin (Instead of Flower Elder, we have Hua Weng, and instead of Lady Meng we get Mengpo), and blind idiot translations like "Donkey Kong Punch" and "Guest of Dingle." The typesetting is also painful to look at. The P in Shui Panpan's (a major character and party member) name isn't even capitalized. Despite all the wonkiness, this is a pretty enjoyable game with plenty of freedom to explore and interact with the world. It's a story set about two years prior to the start of Tale of Wuxia, and focuses on the adventures of Dongfang Weiming's peers and seniors, primarily Gu Yuexuan, Jingji (Jing is not his surname), and Wei Ziling (a new character).
    Feel free to ask me any questions about the game either on the Steam discussion board (I'm 梦幻Mew) or here (not sure how often I'll check back).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017