Discussion Tales of Demons and Gods Raws slow release

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by king4nod, May 14, 2016.

1. NoveLuber

NoveLuber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well you perfectionist go on about everything having to be perfect or its unacceptable.
    i enjoy the story, its funny, makes me laugh, gives me a good feeling and its exciting.
    if you read just for the grammar and stuff just buy a textbook?

2. pepeoo

pepeoo high lord of the seven seas

Reading List:
    Link
    what chapter is the raws at? Can anyone plz tell me?

3. Icha

Icha #googlemas #serius

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey hey is this was legally accepted arent you offending the translator? Don't you think before making the thread about many things such as his real life, such as his dedication to not abandon the translantion despite he isn't get anything worth from translating and just being cursed at some thread like this?
    Well im personally know how hard it is. And I still reading it. No offense just can you choose more proper title to be an asking tone like "why tdg chapter realese is slow?" Or something like that peace

shianthiestrada likes this.
  4. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe its a native kind of things. They just cant enjoy it if it isnt prefect. Non native wouldnt care that much though.

Icha and shianthiestrada like this.
  5. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    You Sir really need to read the first post.

He's talking about the author and not translator.

runsing likes this.
  6. Icha

Icha #googlemas #serius

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh pardon me then it's a misunderstanding

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some people don't read the first post tho, the title can easily confuse people. I'll change it.

MadHatter and asriu like this.
  8. dexter64

dexter64 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He had a newborn baby a few months back, also for months before the baby born he had a relative (I think it's his granddad) that was very sick.

9. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I haven't read TDG in a long time, and now seeing that the site is on wuxiaworld, that is a different story. That site doesn't play around. If the story is good, they will fix crappy translations till they are passable.

And as I look at some of the problem areas (a quick glance) from when I used to read (chapters 1-110), before they fully joined wuxiaworld, it seems that everything, so far that I've seen, has been switched to past tense. Which is good.

If that is the case, that one singe problem this series had may have been fixed.

Again, I was around in the first 1-110 chapters. Just leaving when they established themselves on wuxia.

If that's the case, if there is less pedo stuff, then I may continue with this series. It had a good start in the beginning.

*As for examples of terrible tense switching. Prime example. Any chapter of Law of the Devil under Bcat001.
    Again, no offense to the readers. I've checked it now, and yup, that novel is still riddles with those mistakes.
    Sigh, it was such a good novel. It would be in my top if it hadn't been in the hands of so many TLs without any/good editors.
    I posted a few paragraphs from randomly highlighting, and oh look, problems. (taken from Law of the Devil, TL: Bcat001)

As for TDG, A light case example, which is not terribly so, as this is actually a meh transition from a stylistic choice at the beginning of the novel: (Taken from wuxiaworld.com) But I haven't found those problems that it had before anymore. Which, again, is good.

P1: Over thirty students are sitting down and are awaiting to listen to the female teacher as she imparts her knowledge. The students are a bunch of Fighter Apprentices. They are Glory City’s Holy Orchid Institute’s students.

P2: “I heard that the new teacher, Shen Xiu, is one of the Sacred Family’s 3-star Silver rank Demon Spiritualists!”

P3: A few students were discussing softly among themselves.

This is change in tenses between P1 and P3. P2 is perfect the way it is. But its not the worse thing ever here since its just the transition from how the chapter was started to what is happening to the characters in the setting now. But before the story went over to wuxiaworld, somewhere the chapters became riddled with this tense switching, and it only grew worse until I quit at the later chapters.

10. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    How can it be a pedo if both Nie Li and the heroines have the same age >>

Drake888, shianthiestrada and runsing like this.
  11. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    he talked about how Ziyun would develop in the future (physically)

12. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

By the way, I can understand the guy! But I understand the translator as well. That's how the novel was written in the first place. At the same time I understand the author because he is trying to write the story in his own way.

13. DXHaseoXD

DXHaseoXD [Forever Alone] [Person who tries to translate]

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is ill so the raw releases have slow down. It's like how ATG releases are slow since the author is sick. Just be patient and they'll come out slowly.

shianthiestrada likes this.
  14. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw. What is he sick of?

15. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it from somewhere that the author is having a newborn. One of the chapter was written when he is waiting in hospital in labor. Well, I'm unclear as to whether the author is the mommy or daddy...

As to difference between past and present tense, shud be translator doing. Chinese grammar doesnt work that way @J-Mitch

MadHatter likes this.
  16. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

can you blame a dude? she's apparently hot as fuck and she's only like what, 13, 14? I don't think its particularly creepy to go "whoa, that girl is hot now, can you imagine what she'd look like in a few years?" (this would probably be creepier in real life, you know, since people can't live until they're a few thousand years old)

while we're at it, he actually KNOWS what she'll look like, considering he was dating her when she was around 16-17 in the future :p

17. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Just trying to explain why people may call him a pedo

18. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought people called MC a pedophile because his mental age is 1k+ and he's targeting a 14 year old girl.

19. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is probably nothing new to people who have been keeping up with the latest raws. To summarize, since 3 months ago, the author has claimed illness, the birth of his daughter and the death of his grandfather to slow down his chapter release rate. It went from 2 chapters a day to about 1 chapter every 8+ days.

However, recently, it was discovered what the author was doing. In chapter 434, there was this line,

但是叶星河的这枚丹药,上面蕴含的澎湃药力。竟然比他自身修炼出来的力量还要强大得多!
    But Ye Xinghe's elixirs...

So who is Ye Xinghe? From the context of the story's progress, it is definitely Nie Li.

So Chinese readers began to dig and they found out that Ye Xinghe is the main character of a new book, 星武神诀.
    http://shenqi.quyuewang.cn/?mod=book&id=64924

The author's name of this new book is 发飚的蜗牛, compare that to TDG's author's name 发飙的蜗牛. The second character is slightly different, with the order of the side-characters swapped.

New chapters for this book have been released daily (it's already at Chapter 21), so clearly, Mad Snail isn't greatly motivated to carry on updating TDG, even when he can. Also, he has been putting a bit more effort into TDG's manhua.

Previously, there were many loyal readers who stood up for the author saying it's because of his poor health and readers should think for the author, but with the light of the new novel, they all felt like they got slapped in the face.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4533357471
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4531369613

http://forum.qidian.com/NewForum/Detail.aspx?threadid=268752264
    http://forum.qidian.com/NewForum/Detail.aspx?threadid=268759545

This was discovered by Chinese fans over in China about a month ago. Even the stickied thread on TDG's Tieba page said it is 'killing' itself, with no updates to the manhua or the novel going to be posted anymore since they all feel betrayed.

Mad Snail also posted that he is posting TDG slowly because of personal reasons. However, the personal reasons seem to be for his new novel. He also promises to end TDG's novel properly, or he would not put in so much effort in the manhua. However, some people might know that there have been staff changes in TDG's manhua too, which fans are speculating is due to the loss in trust in the author's vision for TDG.

This is also not the first time Mad Snail has done this. He began writing TDG about 27 chapters before his previous work (TDG's prequel, Cult of the Sacred Runes) ended. Just before it ended, the main character also leveled up extremely fast, and a sudden ending happened, which is mirroring what is happening in the latest TDG raws.

There are still Chinese fans who have trust in the author, and I'm sure a lot of international readers feel the same. But this is a heads up to be mentally prepared that you will probably be disappointed. Of course, the best outcome is a good ending from the author.

20. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    If translation catch up them we will wait longer for latest release..
    Imagine if latest chap on monday..TL team might take a couple days to do their work, let said TL chap on wednesday..
    Than the next chap is a week later, TL also release on later date..
    The pain of waiting