LCD Tales of The Reincarnated Lord

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shin Ah, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of hate her she is really annoying
    Wish lourist had her killed or exiled for disrespect trying to steal and destroy lourist's weapons for her own use also behaving so arrogantly with lourist despite the fact that he is now the new Baron and lord of the norton family
    if it was Second Highness or any other Noble she would be dead for her actions for sure
    Lourist is really too soft at times for his own good.

2. dats

dats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not bronze but iron. I think lorist said something like it's useless to continue with the usual power because of his inherited first world technique that cause the power to came inside his meridians

3. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess would be because it's pretty counter productive. Sure, those nobles attacked his lands, but you have to realise that it's likely that they just did it because they were ordered to by the Duke, and so were hard pressed to refuse (otherwise the Duke could attack him cause the dude is crazy). Not to mention that attacking all of the nobles would affect Lorist's reputation, making him out to be a ruthless person, or someone who has the goal of taking over the entire Northlands. While it seems like Lorist does plan to eventually unify the Northlands, he doesn't want to do so right at this moment, since he still needs to consolidate his own territory first and develop. He likely doesn't want to risk alienating himself and making more enemies needlessly.

I don't think Lorist's half siblings will plot against him. Not only did they not take advantage of him when he first arrived (when they all still thought/assumed that he was the useless/weak Iron ranked fighter), they still did not do so when the realm was previously attacked and still had the other town to deal with. Not to mention that the whole reason why they were fighting for the right to lead the family was because there were no better options. Lorist's siblings died, and they thought that Lorist himself wasn't fit to lead the family. But now that Lorist has shown how fully capable he is, I don't see a reason why the siblings would still plot against him. Not only is he a good family leader, he's also nice to them. If he was ruthless, he could have had them all killed or exiled somewhere.

Black Frost and Alexander12 like this.
  4. Alexander12

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your feed back agree with you on the first para maybe he did't want to be seen as ruthless better to keep good relations though i also fell Hennard is quite greedy and lustful not a very good ally for Lourist

Second Para
    Actually i read on a spoiler that lourist exiles some ambitious people of the maple woods basticide because they were scheming against him to some islands though i am not sure who was scheming against him.Also if those ambitious people are his siblings or not is uncertain maybe some of his half siblings would like to be a ruler

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  5. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's doubled if not tripled the total population of his land by arriving with the convoy. He's got more pressing things than going through minor loble lands are seizing whatever they have left, war is pretty expensive. How much gold and resources laying around is really left after they answered the Duke's call on that siege?

They're not potential enemies, he's go so many soldiers and so many silver/gold knights. Remember, at the start of all this, the duke had 5 gold knights, do you think those nobles have any Gold Knights? Maybe some of them have 1 because of family ties but I'd wager the vast majority of them have none. They're nothing. Plus, defender's advantage is a thing.

Lorist is will be busy overseeing the building of several villages/cities, this is the Northlands, it's in the rural wilderness in the middle of bumfucknowhere. He's going to have to build a LOT of things from the ground up. A lot of months will go by until a decent amount of that population will live in any semblance of dwelling.

In fact, Lorist will establish a lot of industries and trade routes when he's firmly set in as well as some much needed technological advancements this far north.
    If he's going to sell transformed resources(some folks he has in his convoy is bound to be someone who can craft XYZ things) they'll all want to buy that. The alternative is making long trips through the continent to get the same item, that's very very expensive. He's going to get the resources of these nobles in the end because they'll want to buy what he's the only one selling.

Tebix, Alexander12 and asriu like this.
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yup from that what written on history sure he is really competent leader~ on scheming and military affair~

7. Alexander12

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your reply
    You got a point

8. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    how old is lorist now?

9. myrzael

myrzael Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don´t you mean more like centuple? Did Norton dominion have even 2 or 3k people (without Wildnorth town)? Convoy had 100k vagabonds just from Andiraq and thousands of people even before + duke´s subjects too.

10. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Wildnorth Town had even more people than that, although I don't recall how much is left from them. One could probably go back and look how much there is at the bastide, firmrock castle, wildnorth and other miscellaneous villages. It's hard to get a real grasp because it was mentioned there were other villages but since they weren't important to the plot they were not expended upon.

Now that I think about it, it's probably more like 6-7 times the current population. Build baby build!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  11. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say he is still in his 20s, probably mid 20s by now, since I'm pretty sure only a few years has gone by since the start of the series, and he shouldn't have been that old since the start anyways (early 20s probably, since he reincarnated into the dudes body shortly after coming to the main city, and then went through school and then started teaching for a couple of years).

12. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 167: Very interesting to see an entire chapter be told in the perspective of historians/the history books. It was nice to see the various enemies of Lorist get destroyed by his temporary ally, though it's just a shame that Lorist himself didn't get much benefit out of it directly. Hell, by the end the Northlands has now been sealed off by the Madras Duchy, like damn xD

Anyways, I hope that next chapter will be all about Lorist and the convoy's return to their territory and everyone's reactions (both the family's reaction to Lorist's return and Lorist's reaction to the Second Highness's expansion).

13. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, forgot that he hijacked the Duke's people. Holy... He's got a lot of mouths to feed and house.

14. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm - Anyone have a map of the Grindia Continent? I swear I recall (vaguely) seeing one back when it was on Paths site, but I apparently didn't save it, nor can I remember where the heck it was. Google and forum searches have yielded poorly as well.

15. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be mistaken with another series, but I think I remember reading that the author said that while he has his own sketch of the map that he uses as references, he hasn't chosen to release it yet, but if someone else wants to make the map, they should contact the author to get more details.

Edit: Nope, I was right. Check out what he said here.

As for the map, I won't be posting it. Given that my computer is relatively old, I only have the map drawn roughly on paper for my own reference so that I don't make any mistakes. If anyone is interested in making one, please tell me your QQ email so that I can tell you more about the map...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Jarrow likes this.
  16. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 168: Lol, poor Lorist. While his actions in stripping the Duke of pretty much everything and anything of value was pretty badass, it was pretty rash. I'm hoping that he'll be able to cope with having such a sudden influx of new people when his current facilities don't seem to be adequate enough to house and feed everyone xD

Also, damn. So Irina is about to give birth already. While I'm not too surprised, I didn't think it was going to happen so soon. But I suppose it does make sense given when their first time together happened. Also, 10 months? Wtf? Isn't it normally 9 on earth? Why does Lorist think that it should have been 10? o.0

No fucking way. It's Pesha again? Really? This woman, seriously. Not only does she have in her care a Norton son (albeit an illegitimate one), she was also trying to train a group of warriors presumably only loyal to her. If that's not rebellion in the making, then I don't know what is. I'm glad that Lorist was able to see through that stupid farce and force her to make a choice to make her rebellion less likely/worrying. Though I do feel as though he was being too lenient to her. I probably would have stripped her of her position, or exiled her to a different city (maybe Morant (?) city so that she learns about Lorist's time there), so that she can temper her for a couple of years. Cause right now, she's not only stupid, she's got some suspicious traits, and is thus unworthy of anything. Her position as the caretaker of the illegitimate Norton, or a family knight, or a general or anything, and forcing her to temper herself might be the best way to fix herself, cause right now she's such a shit character who should be completely irrelevant.

17. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    She's like a dog, sometime they get into a certain mode and you just get them em off it by poking them on the side or something similar. She's sort of the same, if left alone a tad to much she starts having weird ideas.

I laughed when she hid behind the other knight.

CodeZero, Black Frost and Tebix like this.
  18. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not gonna lie, reading this made me laugh. A lot. Lol.

Chapter 169: It was nice seeing Lorist address his half siblings, and give them hope for the future. It was a pretty solid plan as well. Giving battle force manuals to those who can't train in them (at least not the inherited one) would likely make them feel grateful and loyal, whilst giving them the opportunity to become family knights, gain the Norton name, and start their own Norton branch family also gives them hope and more loyalty. Good move on Lorist's part.

As for Pesha, while it was pretty interesting seeing her reaction to the might of Lorist (about damn time), I still think the idea of sending her on an adventure to temper her spirit and temperament would have been the best plan of action. Send her off for a couple of years, let her experience the world and understand how not to be a bitch, or at the very least, the very real consequences when you start being bitchy towards someone you shouldn't.

19. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    You dirty little... :X3:

I think she'll be busy trying to build that group and trying to showcase how her female squad is no less than the male units. From we've been seeing i'm pretty confident in saying the world is a largely patriarchal. I expect some mockery and scorn at some point. For example, would the lady killer(lol) Hennard even accept to duel a woman, insulting her Knight's honor in the process? How prevalent could this attitude be?
    Pesha look like the sort of woman who'd want to prove something especially if she's being looked down upon, she's only giving up with Lorist because the power dynamic is just to large to overcome at this point.
    We've only seen her being a thorn in Lorist's side, it's possible she is more than competent in some areas and we've just not had the opportunity to see that.

That being sad, side characters don't get that much development and there's a LOT of them in this novel. Time will tell I guess. The fact that she periodically appear even as a gag ( getting all in your face and then eating dirt ) means that she's on the mid to higher "level" of side characters.

Tebix likes this.
  20. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by mockery and scorn? Who would do it? There certainly won't be any from Lorist's subordinates, and it's not like it's impossible for there to be female knights. Remember Lorist's cousin? She seems to be doing pretty well by Second Highness's side (as in, he hasn't tossed her aside just yet). If her being a female really resulted in her being mocked and scorned, I would think that she'd have went home a long time ago.

How do you know Hennard wouldn't accept dueling a woman? I mean, yes, it seems like the society in the novel is more patriarchal in nature, but that doesn't mean that all women are being oppressed. Because remember, regardless of what, this society is where the strong beats the weak. As long as a woman is strong enough, why wouldn't she be acknowledged and accepted by her peers? Back at the academy, there were female teachers (and students) there, but they weren't seemingly oppressed in any way. The only time Hennard, or any other knight would likely refuse a challenge is because they thought the other was too weak for the duel to have any meaningful purpose (i.e. a knight vs a normal person, or a Gold rank vs Bronze/Iron/Silver).

Society isn't what you think it is, lol.