LCD Taming Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Oct 24, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many other people will start noticing them after this? And how much that attention will increase in an hour or so when they get an S clear ;)

Also wondering if Limlong will wind up joining the Lotus Guild at some point. It doesn't seem terribly likely since he's more likely to want to fight against Ian than with him, but they keep bringing him up so I can't disregard the possibility.

2. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder about that... but I wonder when the other guilds will start getting introduced... We still haven't heard of their names.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    We heard like three of them in this chapter alone though?

4. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 94?
    or a new one came out...

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    95 is the most recent one I'm showing.

Lonelycity likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose they could try to cause an incident that might spark a war, but I think it'd be more likely to get them kicked from the guild.

Wow, I never expected the truth to occur to him so early. I wonder how his friend will screw things up for him? I'm betting it'll be either denying the possibility that she's into him, or giving him super bad advice.

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hilarious where Harin is like 'CAN I GO WITH IAN TOO' 'you're not level 100 yet...' 'T_T'

Lonelycity likes this.
  8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep your enemies close? lol. Well if they're in the same guild they could compete too, dungeon together, duels, see who contributes more to the guild etc. I'm sure with the "upcoming war" against another guild, the specifically mentioned to be superior in pvp situations class would come in handy if he did join.

9. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 97: tsk tsk them shits are going after the guild base. Hopefully they get taught a lesson. Would be good if this Roman levels up in between. Hmm can Ian take him to this Forlan dungeon?

10. p_chanyeolxoxo

p_chanyeolxoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 97
    Looking forward to the battle at the base.
    Those PKer are so funny, they were the ones that started the hunt then became the hunted xD and now they want revenge cause they failed lol

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So they don't pay their soldiers at all? Also, did they not hire any troops, or did it just not mention them being hired? If not, then I wonder if they're waiting until the the building's rank goes up so that they can hire higher level troops. If that's the case, I wonder if they'll wait for level 3.

Either way, he should take the time while they're training to acquire a bunch of evolution possible monsters for the summoners. One each would be good enough and shouldn't be too hard to manage. They can fill out their own rosters with more of them once Ian takes them on a few subjugation/training missions.

Or he could just breed a bunch of them. Honestly don't remember what the restrictions were on that ability.

12. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    They gotta give food and money to train soldiers. And still feed them after the training is complete. Maybe once they're trained it'll mention more about whether they get paid more or not~

13. jamechi

jamechi Will pop in once in a while, maybe...

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmph, those PKers better not actually attack the base. If they do, then I hope that Ian kills them again!! >~<

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it mentioned the food as upkeep, I'd think it would mention their pay as well. That's why I'm assuming that they don't get paid at all. Just food, and they can sleep outside on the ground (unless housing is covered in the base's static upkeep costs).

15. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I had assumed the Military Facility was a fancy name for a barracks.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    These rules seem to be designed to screw over small and/or casual guilds. The battles last between 3 and 12 hours and you need to have 2-6 armies of 30 people that are strong enough that you have confidence that they won't be steamrolled. Well, unless you absolutely dominate your opponent, then you only need the minimum of 2 armies, which is still not something that small and/or casual guilds could readily manage, even if such a guild would have any hope of steamrolling anyone.

"That’s definitely the Valiant Battleground. Firstly, if the attacking guild wins 3 times in the Valiant Battleground, from then on, it will continuously be a siege warfare.” This is contradicting itself. In the scenario proposed, the answer would be Battleground of Protection if the second part of this statement is correct.

"Moreover, an interesting point of territory wars was the part that one user couldn’t participate in the same territory war more than three times."
    "Once a user participated in the same territory war twice, they could no longer participate."
    So which is it? Both versions are mentioned multiple times. Is the author really so bad at math that he can't tell the difference between two and three? Or is this a translation error?

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was that or just a recruitment office that spawned fully trained soldiers after sucking up resources for a few days. I've seen both in games. Honestly, the kind that just spits them out is more common than the barracks though.

17. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread the rules and it is confusing. I have to assume those are mistakes by the author or the translator.

Another ambiguous statement is:
    What is that supposed to mean? Your domain can only be challenged once per day? You can only issue a challenge once per day? It can't be that you can only fight a Territorial War once per day because whether you win or lose, the domain goes into an invulnerable state for a week.

- - - - - - - - - -

So anyway, as I understand the rules of the Territory War:
    - combatants enter an instanced arena for the War.
    - the War consists of 3 open field battles (Valiant Battleground), followed by 1-3 siege battles (Battleground of Protection).
    - each battle has a 1 hour time limit.
    - battle victory condition is either (1) kill all, (2) most surviving combatants when time expires, or (3) during siege battle, destroy the Crystal of Protection.
    - invaders need 4 wins to capture the domain.
    - defenders need 3 wins to keep their domain.
    - quantity of combatants (per side) is 30 players max, plus unlimited (?) NPCs.
    - a player combatant can only participate in 2 battles at most during the War.
    - at the conclusion of the War, the domain goes into an invulnerable state for a week.

Regarding the maximum of 30 player combatants, after pondering it, I think that means both guilds can each bring up to 30 players into the Territorial War arena. Out of the pool of 30 players, they'll assemble a small group for each battle. So it's not 30 vs 30 for each battle, it'll be more like 6 vs 8 or something. Plus a batch of NPCs.

I'm also assuming the open field battle isn't on a nice flat meadow where both groups face each other. Instead it'll be a rugged map based on where the domain is, so the 2 groups would need to hunt and ambush each other. Otherwise, I don't know how a battle could possibly last 1 hour.

In terms of who the Territorial War rules favors, I believe it hinges on who can produce NPCs. A guild with an established domain can field mass quantities of NPCs. Even low level NPCs can be used to zerg their opponents. An of course, high level NPCs are almost like additional player combatants. A guild with no domain and thus, no NPCs is severely disadvantaged. The chapter wasn't clear on how many NPCs can be used on a regular Territorial War, it just mentions that a Country-level War has no limit to the number of NPCs used.

Also requiring a 6 hour commitment for Wars that can happen weekly is a big hassle to small guilds catering to casual players. That's like playing Eve Online! :cry:

Stark3 likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if her abilities apply the familiars of other summoners in her party? It just says "allied familiars" so its a bit ambiguous.

I wonder if Harin will think that he's a pedophile ;)

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the guys that were targeting him will be in the first two fights, and how upset they'll be at missing him if they're not.

Also wondering if Ian will realize Harin likes him before Harin realizes that they're not dating.

20. p_chanyeolxoxo

p_chanyeolxoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he have that talk yet with yoohyun about Harin? Cause Ian was confused as to why she is so "weird" towards him?

Seems like we're about to see some tactical commanding from Ian for the retainers, NPc soldiers, and his babies.
    Will they really take 2 wins though? Cause I can see the first win come from surprising the enemy guild with this tactic, but the second match? Wouldn't they change it up after round 1?