LCD Taming Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Oct 24, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably a rare subclass/Skill

.... wait did this game have subclasses.... uh assume its some sort of skill

huh just reread it, i'm not sure if "production classes" are in addition to, or in lieu of regular classes.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A new class seems unlikely, so a new skill I guess?

Too bad most of his summons missed out on all that xp.

Hope he doesn't forget to heal the turtle. It took quite a lot of damage in this fight and it's probably not used to pain.

3. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm it depends on how the game is set up; either he is going to get a "ghost skill" where he can summon the ghosts of things he kills (like if you kill x monsters, you can summon a ghost of that monster once), or he is going to get a production class for the familiar trinkets; i'm leaning toward a ghost skill. Either way; it'll probably be insanely synergistic.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He really should have asked more questions. That guy could have probably taught him a lot about being a good tamer. If nothing else, he could have given him some tips on taming dragons more easily.

I'm betting that he's planning to try reviving the dragon himself without bothering with the enchanter. I'm really hoping that I'm wrong though. He doesn't need another power up right now. He hasn't even come close to experiencing difficulty yet after all. He should suffer a bit before getting such a major power boost.

5. Nope34

Nope34 {Nope Garden's Master~}{Flower and Water Guardian}

Reading List:
    Link
    OP new pet?
    Will he get dragon as familiar?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that whatever item the enchanter gives him doesn't make him so OP that he doesn't even need his pets anymore.

Couldn't he just get his guild to help him a bit? Unless the enchanter is going to make him fight something solo under some kind of time limit, it shouldn't matter too much so long as they never officially become a party. I know they're busy, but it shouldn't take more than two of them at the outside.

It would have been awesome if the tower was built in his guild's village due to it being his guild. Though it would also have painted a massive target on them ;)

I wonder how long it will take for the reporter to find him. From the way the notifications were phrased, the NPC's should be telling everyone his name right now. Also wondering how this will affect his guild since they were trying to keep his reset a secret until his level was restored. That is, assuming that names are unique in this game.

I was wondering what justification the author would use for him to become a Baron. Now I'm wondering if he'll "only" become a baron or if he'll shoot right up to Marquis or Duke or something ridiculous like that.

Its a really bad idea to log out in a dungeon, especially when you have a timed quest.

7. Blankdom

Blankdom Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Doubt that, but only one way to find out.
    2. I'd think having guild members help him find the enchanter is alright, but he'd be the only one who enter the dungeon/fight the monster, with how it restricts partying.
    3. The tower was said to have been built in the capital city already, so they'd have to build their own.
    4. Maybe, or just that there is a level 50 Summoner, while leaving the name out.
    5. Yeah, agree with you on the whole times quest thing, especially with the whole sped-up time, or whatever, in these type of games. -- Wonder if it's 3 in-game days, or 3 IRL days.

Wonder what Spirit Magic would do, maybe summon Elementals/Spirits, since summoners get it, but I think it's kinda odd that they'd receive 2.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    2) We don't know yet what the enchanter will ask for. If its just a fetch quest or something, then there's a good chance he can just have someone else fetch it for him. Even if he can't, its unlikely to be a timed quest. And even if it is, as long as the location itself doesn't forbid the entry of more than one human, he can just have his guild mates follow behind him and buff/heal him and his pets.
    3) I know, that's why I said it "would have been awesome."
    4) Also possible. We haven't really been told much yet about how fame works.
    5) I honestly don't remember what, if any, time differential exists in this series. Still, its not likely to be more than 4:1, so if he only sleeps 8 hours, he'd still have almost two days. No clue how reasonable that is as a travel timeframe though.
    6) I betting on a buffing magic at the moment. Though it could also summon spirits for one-off spells or something. Alternatively, it could just allow the taming of non-corporeal creatures.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm betting its his guild leader messaging him. I wonder if he'll tell him about the Empire Quest, and how long it will take him to remember that its timed.

Also wondering why he wasn't attacked as soon as he logged in since he should still be in the middle of a dungeon, right next to a spawn point.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does he even need fame when he already has an Empire Quest? And how is he supposed to avoid leveling when he has a timed Empire Quest that he can't afford to not do?

I hope he remembered to spend those 10k contribution points before resetting.

When is he going to check the new skills he got at level 50?

11. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    which anime is your avi from?(or is it a fanart?)
    EDIT: forgot to add.....maybe he can do the empire quest while he is not levelling?

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    http://76.72.168.19/search/results/?page=4&tags=8289
    http://ekaosite.tumblr.com/

Quests usually give quite a bit of xp, either directly as a consequence of completing them, or indirectly through the actions required to complete them.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm beginning to think that Korean MC's shouldn't be allowed to name their followers. This guy's naming sense might actually be worse than Weed's. Though he'd probably blend right in if he transmigrated to Pokemon...

Since he can only keep it summoned for 6 hours, he should look into acquiring three more elements and at least one magic for each of them. That way, there won't be any down time. Plus, when his summoning magic becomes good enough to keep them out for an entire day, he can just summon them all and use whichever is appropriate to the moment, assuming they don't get a share of the xp anyway. I assume that they don't, since it would be impossible for them to keep up if they were excluded from the majority of the hunting.

I wonder what the other summoners will think of his new bird, or if the author will forget that there's no possible way that no one would notice it on his way out.

By the way, if the translator reads these forums, I'd just like to put my vote in for translating the names. Chirp will make just as much sense to English readers as Jjaekee does to Korean readers, and will actually match the MC's description of it since I'm fairly certain that the majority of people reading the translation have absolutely no idea how to pronounce Jjaekee, or the turtle and golem's names for that matter.

14. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    *cringe*
    the author naming sense in this novel sucks......

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does he think any guard working at the king's castle would be low level? Wouldn't the highest level guards be placed there by default? I mean, sure, the soldiers at the borders might be higher level if there was a war recently, or threat of one, but otherwise, the best should be sent to guard the king.

It seems strange that Assassins have better long range mobility than Summoners. Though that's probably the MC's fault for prioritizing battle and ignoring logistics.

For a moment there, I thought he was going to send Ian out with another expedition to tame an adult griffin.

He should consider asking at the Summoner's Tower. The NPC's there should be able to give him some good ideas. Honestly, I don't know why he completely ignores such a valuable resource. Who knows how much basic information he's lacking because of it.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This man will die a virgin.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I was kinda hoping the death it was talking about would be because he got in over his head, but I suppose this is the next best thing.

What was the death penalty in this game again? Was it just 24 hours and 1 level, or was there more to it?

18. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Suicide to lose level to get quest...that's painful.

19. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    recent review brought up a point. story ever address why people would reset their accounts to play as a different class instead of just making a second account, or why the game lacks character slots?

20. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that says that it happens, but not why. "the system" means the designer made it happen. why would the designer of the game decide that was a good idea?