Tech warnings

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by justmehere, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude.

Japan?

2. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    1.) Some of those "anti-virus" out there can even bring more harm to the user so doing a bit of research before installing some random AV is highly recommended.

2.) Avoid clicking suspicious Ads and if you don't want deal with Ads/Pop-ups just install adblocking add-ons such as Adblock Plus or uBlock Origin available on Firefox & Chrome browsers.

3.) EMAILS if you received Mails you do not recognize or not familiar with. Be extra careful.

4.) If got Windows 7, 8 ,8.1 & 10 Keep it Up do date.

5.) Do make backups.

6.) Clear your Cookies & Cache from time to time.

7.) Lastly the most important part is..... "Common Sense" do not Immediately believe what you read on the internet do some research first.

justmehere likes this.
  3. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    U r FBI agent in disguise .....right???

4. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reportedly, a lot of 'grooming' starts with pedos and rapists playing xbox or similar, and using the unmonitored voice and video chat features built into the game to identify, befriend, and hunt their targets. This is a Big Legal Thing in corporate liability circles, since anything that gets used by pedos - even if totally not intended as such - gets you screwed in court.

5. Mystogrigen

Mystogrigen 「Clever and Witty Original Title」

Reading List:
    Link
    It prevents people googling the account name and finding their social media. Which most likely has their phone number. Which is most likely not set to friends only. Which you can then do things to end up with an address/location.

It really is scary how easy it is. Well, the one time I had to use it was because the raid leader in WoW, like any (ir)responsible player neglected their body until they entered a diabetic coma. "Yes, hello, is this *raidleader*'s mom? Yeah, can you go upstairs and smack the hell out of your son with a bottle of OJ?" "Is this a prank?" "No, but you should really get to him, he's loot master and we can't have him dying until the loot is passed out, why aren't you going yet I babble when I'm freaked out." The whole I'm I'm pressing push to talk in teamspeak because of habit. We never did get that loot...

xalienxgamerx likes this.
  6. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    Like avg which i personally consider a virus.

Chrono Vlad likes this.
  7. Mystogrigen

Mystogrigen 「Clever and Witty Original Title」

Reading List:
    Link
    OH! The First Law of the Internet: Don't use goddamned Internet Explorer! Seriously don't. That poor excuse of a browser besides being poorly made, is the prime target for most exploits, advertising trojans, redirects, phishing, scams, etc.

Seriously, that browser was so terrible in the Xp days, I had the command prompt command memorised by heart to download firefox without touching internet explorer.
    1. Go to Start > Run > “cmd” and hit OK. This will load the command prompt.
    2. type “ftp” and hit enter.
    3. type “open releases.mozilla.org” and hit enter.
    4. It will ask for a username, type “anonymous” and hit enter.
    5. It will then ask for a password, type “anonymous” and hit enter.
    6. Open the folder with the latest Windows release of Firefox by typing in:
      “cd pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest/win32/en-US/” and then enter.
    7. View the contents of the current directory by typing in “ls” and then enter.
    8. Switch to binary file mode by typing in “type image” and then hit enter.
    9. Choose the directory to download firefox to by typing “lcd C:\” (Typing this will save it right to the root directory of the C: Drive.
    10. When you typed in “ls” from step 7, it should have listed a .exe file for you. As of writing the latest version is Firefox Setup 3.0.11.exe. In this case, we will type in: get “Firefox Setup 3.0.11.exe” (type in the quotes)
    11. Now go check in your c:/ drive, and you should see the .exe file downloaded.
    12. Type “bye” to exit the FTP mode, and then type “exit” to close out of the Command Prompt.

Edit: Now I have a ninite executable with all the required programs selected and a few other odds and ends on a CD-R I keep in my desk drawer to use whenever I have to do a reinstall.

8. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont!!! Keep posting what would i ever show to people when i asked "do you want to talk about lord goddess ai chan?" How will i ever get you more followers if you stop posting pics

Ai chan likes this.
  9. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japan considered it a huge problem when their child molestation rates reached about a fifth of the US and UK rates. If by "asian" he only meant "east asian", then he's definitely right about it being less of a problem than "the west". South Asia is worse though.

This isn't a very realistic concern though. Child sex abuse is almost always done by someone the child already knows, only 5-10% of abusers are strangers, then an even smaller portion of that involves grooming, and an even smaller portion of that starts online, and then even when it does happen, having personal information about the child (beyond what they learn by communicating with the child) doesn't really make a difference. "Pedophiles can find information about a child" is pretty much just a scare tactic rather than an actual threat.

More useful advice would be to only share things on social media if you want them to be known to everyone who's able to access it (and be familiar with whatever privacy options are available in whatever you're using). That's true for adults and children.

AliceShiki and Ai chan like this.
  10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Loliconism is not the same as pedophilia. The lines are blurred in some cases, but they're not the same. Pedophilia is punished very severely in Japan, even more severely than many European countries. Don't judge them based on mangas, light novels and animes.

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, did you think anime is common in Japan? It's just the normal sick people you see in your own society albeit their morals is too strong that they dwell in the confines in the digital world and in 2D figures. I'd fap to loli hentai but I'd never do it in real life coz its just sick but me liking a 15 yr old girl is normal since im still 19. But if your older than 25 that is love or you are sick.

12. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people are aware not to put personal stuff on the internet,

like where you live, what your schedule look like, etc. But sometimes their kids can went overboard when posting on their social media.
    This occurs to me when I was playing a game on my android, kids were adding my account as friends. I went to my facebook, and behold, I know where they live, where they go to school, where they've been too and how they feel about their parents and friends.

13. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone is talking from experience

But @Ai chan is an exception

Ai chan likes this.
  14. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For laptop users

The CIA watched you jack off.

15. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have multiple emails, each connected to it's own social media accounts and game accounts.

...Makes it much harder to track down the actual person :)

Example...
    One email for desktop use (Facebook, Steam, etc.)
    One email for phone use (whatsapp, google play, etc.)
    One email for Cloud use (Google docs, Google photos, aws, etc.)
    ...and so on

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  16. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to add in my previous list:

Don't rely too much on the "Save Username and Password" feature on web browsers because that can be easily compromised better save those those in .txt and make multiple copies in different places or something similar where only you can access it.