Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms AKA Eternal Love

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by cap.toon, Apr 18, 2017.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the book, but the drama is very good. It has been a while since Chinese drama in this genre is this good. I usually get tired of very long Chinese drama because it is just too long. Most often I don't even finish the drama. The few Chinese series of this genre that I actually finish watching till the end are Jade Palace and Ten Miles Peach Blossoms. I am quite surprise I actually watched the entire 58 episodes.

I think MC is lucky. Her shifu took three heavenly thunderbolts for her, her family love her so dearly, her senior disciples care about her, she has the love of the ghost lord, even her brother's servant love her (the bird guy) and even have the love of Ye Hua. She doesn't have it easy, but nonetheless she's quite lucky compare to Xuan Nu and Su Jian. I thought Xuan Nu is quite unreasonable. How can she like the same man, who never love her back, for 70 thousand years? Seriously. Su Jian, on the other hand, I have to question how she was raised in the celestial palace. She was personally raised by Ye Hua's parents, so I thought she should have turned out better. She should have seen herself as an older sister, not a potential mate in anyway.

I guess my favorite character got to be the ghost princess. She doesn't have a big role, in fact she's quite powerless. I found her actions awesome and the actor fit the role. I really think she is a good candidate to be the wife of Mo Yuan's first disciple, but it seems that man is going to follow in Mo Yuan's legacy of celibacy. In the end, I really do like the interaction of the two main characters. Like seriously, all the kissing scenes were good. Not too much, not too little. Even I wonder how that is possible. Perhaps the actor for Ye Hua was just that good. Sadly, (-_-) there no scene where MC start the kiss.

My favorite line got to be what the third heavenly prince said, "She must have remembered you took out her eyes, so that's why she chose to remove you from her memory." I think the third prince is good too. I really enjoy his lines. He looks like a playboy, but he has some wisdom too.

Have you watch this drama? Your favorite part? Favorite line?

Jr194, PKitty and kiara8 like this.
  2. Jr194

Jr194 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol what a coincidence, I'm also watching this. Only at episode 5 tho. Waiting for the two mcs to meet XD

3. Dont_Don

Dont_Don Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I realized that she fell in love with her masters twin brother I was literally wtfing. Despite me liking the series and mc shes not exactly going to win any best parents awards anytime soon though. Poor kid neglected and alone.

4. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    It was pretty to watch and beautifully put together. I really like the director of this series, she has good aesthetic sense. Mark Chao didn't convince me Ye Hua at first (LOL that hair), but his acting definitely won me other. Only after the series was over did I look him up and realized he played Detective Dee in the movie adaptation too. No wonder! I liked him back then as well, though...he looked younger in that than in this series.

One thing that still makes me laugh is
    Ye Hua's final costume in the last episode. Like...why does it look like he took some poor grandma's sheets and made it into clothes? :coffee: The only detail that made that reunion scene less than perfect...rawr!

Am now looking forward to the movie adaptation just to experience it all over again. But until then, take this fun video that a fellow translator shared with me, hehehe~

5. Plural

Plural Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta love Dong Hua and Princess Fox.

6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I know huh. Both parents were so invested in their romance that I kinda feel bad for ai-li. Su Su how can u name your kid Li!! It sounded cute because I don't know what it mean until it was explained. But then, I can't blame them. They were not raised on family moral, but moral to defend the world even at the expense of their kids, family, and happiness. Just look at how many good character try to defend the world and bring the so call peace and order, while only the villain seek their own happiness. Although the villain didn't end up very good and didn't use morally accepted ways, they at least try to get happiness.

This is my first film with Mark Chao. I didn't buy him at first too. His acting won me over. I actually pull off this film for a while, didn't want to watch it until I saw a fan made video of the romance.

Were there voice dub? I read somewhere that it was. I actually saw the trailer for the movie version. I didn't know it was the movie version until now though. The graphic looks awesome, base on what the dragon looks like. But I think they over did the costume. Like seriously. Too flashy, doesn't fit in my opinion

Ruyi likes this.
  7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, their voices were definitely dubbed. The one who did Bai Qian after...episode 25 or so?...is this really popular VA in China named Ji Guanlin (季冠霖) who's done a ton of other roles, like Bai Ping Ting in General and I, Wei Yang in The Princess Wei Yang, Xiaolongnv in the 2006 Return of Condor Heroes, Zhen Huan in The Empresses in the Palace/Legend of Zhen Huan, Dongfang Bubai in Swordsman, and probably just about every other famous female lead (and/or supporting leads) in dramas before.

Here's an article about her and her roles: https://www.dramafever.com/news/who...bing-tiffany-tang-and-even-jennifer-lawrence/

Here's a video of her voice-over compared to the actual footage:

This is another one of some of her notable roles. I loved, loved looove her Xiaolongnv:

I kinda like the fantastical bent of the movie costumes. Makes it more different than the drama. Waiting to see how the large-scale fantasy feel will work out the screen...might be fun! xD

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  8. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. The voice actress can actually have such emotional tone. I didn't just fall in love with the acting, but the voice too. Oh well, that makes the character more realistic.

The costume is very over done. Not even the president/emperor himself wore flashy fashion. So uncomfortable and heavy, despite their lovely appearance. It's like an apple. It looks so pretty, looks like it will taste so good. U don't know till u eat, that it's so sour. Your temple can only wrinkle in agony.

9. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I've read the novel's summary (what with the translations being taken down and all) and I'm reading the manhua, I've never been interested in watching the show. But this video. This video lolololololollololololololol (what the heck is Ye Hua wearing at the end :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

10. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the fabric was actually nice, just the distance view isn't so awesome haha. I wonder if Mo Yuan somehow like Si Yan. The film reminded me my question, Si Yan doesn't greet Mo Yuan like the rest of his disciples nor treat her like one so I wonder if Mo Yuan actually secretly love her. When do I ever see the other disciple hug him? Did he dot on her because she's a female? That's quite sexist, don't you think?

iampsyx likes this.
  11. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not about the fabric...but...the style? He looks like a granny!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    And maybe it's because crossdressing MC is reeaallllyyyyy pretty and...well...the Master could be secretly gay? (Or he just didn't care about the gender, as long as it's a pretty face lololololol)

12. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Yan Zhi and Zi Lan get together in the Pillow Book? Please tell me they did. It was so sad when they couldn't get together in TMPB.