LCD Terror Infinity

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zheng not being dumb isn't really the standard. He still can't compete with people like Neo, Xuan, Adam, and that guy who got shot. When a single out of place reaction or lack of emotion will destroy the plan you don't tell it to Zheng. He's inconsistent and take makes him unreliable. Don't blame Xuan for not telling the plan. Blame yourself for not being reliable enough to be trusted with the plan. He randomly spent an A rank reward to buy Xuan an enhancement without even consulting him about it first as a form of petty revenge. He could have easily said that he's getting him an upgrade so pick one out.

Zheng looks incompetent because he's basically the Naruto of this story. He had to have Xuan explain the use of an energy converting ring to him. Somehow he hasn't even considered converting other sources of energy into Qi or Blood Energy to dramatically speed up his energy recovery speed. He's not actively searching out any bonus missions or words of power. He for some reason thinks he can steamroll over the Transformers movie even though we know mission difficulty increases based on the strength of the team.

2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zheng would agree to Xuan's plans. He did so in Starship Troopers. Xuan gave him the choice of plans and he choose the better plan each time, and that allowed him to grow up as a leader. The only time he said no to Xuan was when Xuan was going to try killing the bugs in space with a plan that had 10% success rate, that he was not going to tell the team, if you recall. If Xuan had to tell him the plan days ahead of time in Transformers but said any other way was impossible and would result in deaths as they are too weak, Zheng would worry and struggle till he came to a conclusion. He would agree to the plan and as he watches the people die I bet you anything he would promise himself to grow stronger so he doesn't have to do things like this ever again.

If Zheng weighed his team against the lives of strangers, he would choose his team. Everything we know about Zheng tells us this. He believes in bonds with movie character, they help him, give him new information and bonus mission, but he would choose his team. But no, Xuan who only trust simple people who don't talk back, who are worthy of his trust gets told his plans. Zheng went rage mode and burned himself out and almost killed Gando, but that's on Xuan. Emotions, how someone chooses to act and how they respond to events and predicting ahead of time, is all part of the ability of a good strategist which Xuan lacks. He knew Zheng's 4th stage was unstable, but without a heads up went a plan to drive him mad with rage. He knew Zheng would get mad, but couldn't grasp how rage and guilt effects a person so deeply.

Also, why does Zheng have to be worthy of being included in Xuan's plans? Xuan's just the strategist, not the leader. As for the A rank reward, you have to know that Xuan doesn't enhance. He only asked for pistols for self-defense. That's all, and if Zheng didn't force him he wouldn't have gotten anything. Xuan does not value his life after all and I bet he dies by the end of TI. As for not doing bonus missions Xuan's at fault too. He should be smart enough to invest in some worlds like they did in The Mummy, but Xuan locked himself in his room, didn't make more rings for Zheng, no bombs since those were unused ones from preparation of LOTR, or anything else. Just a magic cannon he couldn't complete in time which he should have bought time to make. With the exception of Jurassic Park, Xuan didn't find any bonus missions and would choose to not do any if it means a bit more trouble working with new people intimately or comes with uncertainty, meaning not given the plot of a mission ten days in advance. Xuan doesn't have the courage to tackle the unknown dangers.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  3. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Was Xuan really set on trying to kill bugs in space? He's not really the kind of guy to bet on a 20% chance. He seemed more bummed that he consider it beforehand and missed the opportunity. Xuan also said that if the success rate went over 50% then it's not that much of a gamble and so maybe he was thinking of ways to increase their odds.

Sure but that's not really the point. Nobody is arguing that Zheng would choose his strangers over his team. It's if he can consistently control his emotions and reactions enough to be trusted with delicate plans where if he fails he might get people killed. I think there's plenty of evidence to show that he can't. Anyway I should note that I haven't gotten past LotRs yet. Or rather they haven't entered Transformers yet.

So that he doesn't ruin them of course. You can say that he's not the leader and so doesn't have that authority but Zheng has given him the authority to carry out his plans. You're missing the point. It wasn't Zheng forcing him to get an enhancement. It was Zheng randomly picking an enhancement for him. He could have ordered Xuan to pick something inside of acting like a child about it. That's what I'm saying. As for bonus missions sure Xuan can be considered partially responsible but like you said he's not the leader. Therefore more blame falls on Zheng. The pros of investing in the missions are self evidence since he's already done it a few times. Xuan not beating him over the head with it doesn't absolve him.

4. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry about telling you about Transformers, but this is a latest chapter discussion thread. Xuan was serious about killing bugs in space and even made the plans to, it was just that he wasn't even considering that it could be a S rank bonus mission. As for plans Xuan doesn't speak or lies, so Zheng can't give a opinion, so it became him not having a say.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if he was making plans I don't think he'd have carried them out until he got a decent success rate. Nobody would follow his plans if chased after 20% success rates. He wouldn't go through with a plan that gets most of the team killed. Now there's nothing stopping them from going back and trying to kill them now if they can find them. Buy the space robot for the pilot guy and get busy. It's also a lot of telling Zheng the first level of the plan but having multiple reasons for it.

6. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much information in latest chapters. I like info dumps for upgrades, how powers work in battle, self created powers, but not all this science and past era stuff. It just makes it less exciting. Maybe its important, but feels boring when no exciting progress is made.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Having read it makes this conclusion seem a bit ridiculous. There's nothing in Zheng's character to show that he would just check out when he's guilty. It wasn't even fully because of him feeling guilty. It sounds like there's a natural heart demon attack from advancing through the 4th stage.
    He also spent a lot of time working on the upgrade that Zheng forced on him without discussion. He made himself another heavy hitter that the needed.

I'm a bit irritated that Gando died in such a stupid way. Why did the girl cut the arm holding the allspark first? Why wouldn't Gando be safe in the plasma grenade explosion if the girl survived it just fine? Why didn't the team fly down to get him when it was obvious that he was out of power? Seems like all got the idiot ball and became incompetent. Zheng, Gando, and Xuan did their part only for the rest of the team to screw up. Zheng was right to be pissed at them.

8. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuan quoted what Zheng said before. I'll dirty my hands, but not my heart. Xuan then said lets test that after a odd ball speech about humans. He knew damn well how Zheng would respond.

If Xuan needed time he could borrow points to go back and I doubt its so hard to set up a lab in LOTR with the god store. He could have also got more human creations to help. Xuan being busy is his own fault.

I agree with Gando's death and that is why I don't like Team China or think they are strong.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    He knew that Zheng would jump to the next level genetic control and face a heart demon? No, he didn't. Also Zheng feeling bad isn't the same as Zheng willingly giving up control of his body and going berserk.

The point I was making is that he did make useful things with his time. Plus I doubt LotRs is the movie you'd go to to fiinish something like that. You're also assuming that Xuan had all the material needed the canon already. It's very possible that he needed to stay in god's realm to buy materials from if need be. This is an experimental cannon so there was probably some trial and error involved.

10. yuan-niisan

yuan-niisan ★【Blank Sect's Dao Protector】☆

Reading List:
    Link
    This argument was brought to you by Novelupdates.

11. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Not heart demon, but lose control... your right. Xuan just didn't care, or something less than not care, and assumed Zheng would just suck up the nuking of all those soldiers no matter how mad he got. I really shouldn't think the robot like Xuan could grasp real rage or how Zheng feelings of weakness would get the better of him. Still, he knew Zheng would get very mad at the least. That's why Xuan just outright refused to speak about his real plan.

He doesn't have to stay for long periods of time. Set up a mini lab somewhere and just stay for a few days at a time. There's no limit in going back. The leave behind and erase rule is for the real world, so he could leave stuff like how Zheng brought so much gold in The Mummy. Anything not directly combat related is dirt cheap and to carry it all they have the bag. Its a day or two of effort to set up if he gets some human creations to help out. He can gets some movie characters to protect it when he's gone since Team China are heroes. Lastly, Xuan had it finished in like 11 days, less since he also made the glasses, and only now needs to be tested, so I doubt its construction is so complicated he could only do it in God's Dimension.

Side note. Do you know where the magic cannon plans came from? Magic design plans aren't in the exchanges, so I assume it's from Adam's Na Ring, but he never gave it to Zheng to open up.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The heart demon is what made him lose control. The events would be him getting mad, that provoking an advance in his genetic control level, and losing control to the heart demon. At most his rage and guilt put him in a bad state of mind to fight off the heart demon but it didn't directly cause him to go berserk. Besides Xuan had the ability to push back the heart demon anyway so it didn't really do any harm.

Anything not directly combat related is dirt cheap unless they're actually useful materials. Xuan has been emptying out his points buying mithril for a while. If he needed to quickly get materials he'd be stuck in the movie world for days with nothing to do. Anyway they underestimated the mission. I don't think he anticipated needing the magic cannon for Transformers which is why he didn't go to such lengths to have it ready by the movie. He still got a lot of things done in that time period though so it's not like he had nothing to show. His hypno glasses turned out well. On that note he wasn't just making the cannon. He was mastering his enhancement at the same time which means probably needed heals. Something else he needs to be in god's realm for.

13. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    The rage set it off. Zheng was so mad at Xuan, himself, and everything that he let his Fourth Stage take over since he wanted to destroy things to relive himself, and the more he let himself go to his battle instincts the less he had to think about. He would have had to face it one day, but not in a condition where he didn't even care to resist the rage.

As for harm you do know he almost killed Gando, right? He damaged his robot and may have been one of the causes of his death, although no one brings it up.

Useful materials are still cheap compared to everything else. Xuan could stay 1 day at a time. As for training that's actually a plot hole. Xuan technically died in LOTR, so he shouldn't have even got a basic reward. He probably did get the points, but don't feel he should have since it makes suicide bombers a good tactic. As for training and heals that didn't happen. They said Xuan didn't leave his room at all.

Xuan definitely should have made time to make rings for Zheng. He was about out of Blood Energy by the end.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Again what was set off was him reaching the peak of the forth stage. By letting his forth stage take over he reached the peak of the forth stage, which caused the heart demon, which caused him to go berserk. It wasn't just him letting go which caused him to start attacking Gando since he did that early on. It was the heart demon which appeared after he was pinned down under fire. However if he hadn't reached the peak of the forth stage would they have even been able to take the allspark and survive? Putting Zheng in a bad mental condition is not the same as directly causing him to go berserk in this case. There was no logical way for Xuan to plan for a heart demon.

Zheng only dented the robot's armor. They were all physical attacks so they bypassed the energy field and wouldn't have drained any of the robot's energy. Zheng's attack on Gando would have been a negligible cause for his death. Pretty much limited to the few seconds worth of energy wasted because of Zheng's attack. Energy that would have been made up for the two times Zheng threw him. The cause of Gando dying is almost entirely the secondary team's failure to secure him.

I don't think it matters that he died so much as that he was "living" when the movie ended. I believe Zheng still got points when he died in Resident Evil. Again going a day at a time is a lot of effort for something they didn't think they'd immediately need. They wouldn't have known if Xuan left his room at all unless they set up a guard to watch him. They actually sleep at night and spent quite a bit of time training themselves.

I feel they should be moving beyond rings. Zheng should be trying to properly cultivate to increase his cultivation level rather than only considering how much energy he can store.

15. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Moving on heart of the demon since we can't agree.

I think Zheng cut off the robots head. Don't remember.

About rings. They obtained a lot of the materials, so it was worth it. Zheng is too afraid of refined blood energy to make it. Rings are necessary for Zheng since his Qi is much higher than blood energy. Actually three to five times more since cultivation manual boosted his Qi by 3-5 and by quality. His blood energy is only about twice the standard B rank after Dragon upgrade.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even know what we're disagreeing about anymore here. Either Xuan enraged him, Zheng deepened his unlocked state, and met the heart demon. Or he didn't enrage him, and Zheng didn't deepen his unlocked state at that time. It's unlikely that, without Xuan, Zheng would have deepened his unlocked state, with perfect mentality, and then beat the heart demon in the Transformers movie. Also judging by the fact that they barely made it through even with the power up, the peak early forth stage was necessary to survive the situation. Xuan also saw the possibility of Zheng going berserk and managed to prevent him from causing harm.

He slammed it into the ground, punched it, and swatted it with a slab of floor metal.

Saying Zheng is too afraid to do something isn't really the best excuse to push work on Xuan. He could also probably buy a blood energy improvement/cultivation method if he looked for it. The store has limitless things after all. If anything it seems like he should have been making energy storage devices for Gando and the demolition man.

17. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Blood Energy doesn't have cultivation manuals. Its genetics of a vampire that comes with blood energy. Cultivation manuals are so far exclusive to Qi when Zhttty got rid of top tier Qi for cultivation manuals. Vampire is unknown except the names since Zheng never exchanged for it any.

Xuan himself said that its still ranks for vampire and blood energy.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    If we're talking about cultivation method in the literal sense then there's almost certainly something in the store. A manual that tells you how to manually increase and improve your blood energy through practice. It's not like the original saints/demons would have been able to use the store and buy a higher class enhancement. Zheng just hasn't bothered looking for it. Quite frankly I'm not sure how much he actually follows the Qi cultivation method he bought. I don't think it's ever mentioned him forming a foundation or core.

I know but I assume he wants to manually increase the level instead of buying enhancements from the store so that they don't inflate their mission difficulty. It just seems like his cultivation is entirely reliant on improving his unlocked state.

19. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Zheng has a Qi center at his navel. And it isn't like there's one path Qi takes in fiction that demands he has a core or something. The Foundation stage pill isn't really explained except obtained youth. A core like the Lou what's his name is a exchanged ability that's probably S rank, which he did say he exchanged.

I don't think that's it. Zhttty the author just hates upgrades. Like in LOTR after, there's no description of A tier Tiger Soul or a warning of its demerits. Not even how many points it cost or how much he had left over. Zero had a 7000 and B rank reward plus 6000 from mission, but was told to save it to upgrade his already unreasonable eye power, instead of buying a better gun that would have saved Gando probably. His rifle isn't even unlimited ammo. Ying Kong has a Rank A and two B rank reward even after upgrading Xuan, but don't know what she spent on.

The whole not upgrading thing doesn't decrease rating or keep it same, or else you shouldn't bother to from the start to get upgrades and save up 50,000 points. Rating gets flipped flopped in TI over and over, but its not if Zheng's enhancements stay the same the difficulty won't go up or by much. Team South America showed that a team with a few powerful members and unequal team level is a lower rating.

His ability to refine Qi got faster with deeper unlocked stage, but that's all. No mention of normal Qi or Blood Energy.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is why I'm saying that he should form it naturally. As in following the cultivation method until he reaches increasingly powerful realms. I'm also pretty sure these realms of cultivation exist in this book. Imagine how much the team would benefit if his body stopped producing regular Qi and started producing the refined Qi.

Yes, it's obvious that Zero should have a better gun. Or at least multiple rifles for different situations.

Upgrading artificially increases your team rating. There are also other things that factor into the team rating but that doesn't mean that upgrading doesn't increase the team rating. This is why self created abilities are so powerful. They don't count towards your team's power which lets you steamroll over easy movies and get a lot of points. If you don't get upgrades from the start then you'll obviously die. How many times do you think a regular person can go through a Resident Evil type movie and not die? The point I'm getting at is that if he does upgrades manually then it won't be factored into mission difficulty in the future.

On an unrelated note I wonder by what logic Lan was using to predict that the Terminator world's countries would regress 100 years. If anything they should advance with all of the alien technology everywhere and two autobots.