LCD The Black Card

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by danielmoon7, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there someone who read ahead and can give us the rules and what qualifies as acceptable?

The guy isn't very smart and hasn't even tried going back each day to ask new questions at the ATM.

Do any of these qualify? And by qualify, I don't mean guessing on our part based on tips/being robbed.
    • Charity, donating to a legit organization.
      • If not, what about on behalf of the Slave Bank?
      • If not, what about spending money to do charitable things like building and funding orphanages, philanthropic expeditions to fund something like Doctor's Without Boarders, but paying it all himself?
    • Stocks.
    • Paying the government's budget? He'd of course start small, then increase it as his amounts grow larger.
    • Starting his own businesses.
    • Paying for membership to auction houses, then buying online for their auctions.
    • Funding research budgets for cancer, AIDs, etc.
    There's a lot of possibilities, but it's annoying me that he's not even trying to ask about scenarios before hand. He should be making a list and confirming them. I'm sure he could at least ask a question a day. The voice seemed more annoyed that he wasn't doing this and going around aimlessly, which is why it didn't answer questions.

2. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He actually tried - but all he got as an answer was "you are not high enough level for that information". It is obvious that it is an entertaining game for the other party - thus they are not going to let him have it easy by leaving some easily exploitable loophole.

So it is all guesswork for him, which makes it extremely hard to experiment with these things, as even a single wrong expense can make him lose some of his essential parts.
    One of the most ironic things is that to safely experiment on how to spend - he must actually earn some money himself so that only a very small (and thus safe) part of the required amount is spent on such experiments - with the rest taken from his own wallet.

P.S.
    It looks like the main requirement is that he must obtain some use (for himself!) out of what he spends his money on. So things like stocks are out of question, as they are just paper...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  3. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    he can always upgrade to a custom diamond , rubies, sapphires, embedded gold cover phone. which will only cost him like 25 mil$ or something. and then there is all of those high end luxury watches which are only ten are something made of.

4. Gilboa

Gilboa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Liking the concept and eager to see what happeneds when he levels up and what new rules there will be :D
    I like how he got the taxi app and the whole Fuerdai thing.

5. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly the rules will be explained in more details at around chapter 100 ++

6. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    gravity tales is now under qindian, if i'm not wrong.

7. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. That was completely arbitrary nitpick from the Scepter (and extremely shameless self-advertising from the publisher).
    Who can guarantee that that new Alienware desktop doesn't have, say, unlicensed reproduction of something patent protected inside, like a cooling system? Or that a new supercar he has bought doesn't have a counterfeit, I don't know, light bulb?!

It seems the ONLY way to be even remotely safe is to massively overspend.
    So that idiot MC should've started investing into his own business, instead of playing games all the time...

MC suddenly becoming a psychiatrist guru wannabe was also very unexpected.

8. Diato

Diato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn the sly Scepter, looks like MC needs to think something to save his life

9. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    the cover art made me throw up a bit in my mouth, do people that punchable exist irl?

10. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW, Scepter's obsession with copyright can be exploited to easily spend ANY amount of money with Scepter being forced to accept it as a proper expense: just use it to buy the copyright for i.e. new web novels.

11. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it good?
    I don't think that plot has content of 1000+ chapter.
    If author has written it without doing lame job then it's pretty good of author.

12. Terepi

Terepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how half of the comments on here are just asking if it's good, or about spoilers.

13. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a really good work, the TLer also does a great job. It's one of those stories where the first 30-40 chapters is honestly setting up the story and all the "rules" but once that gets out of the way it becomes a story with very in-depth character design, writing, and plot.

Honestly this story needs WAYYYYYYYY more love.

14. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As i come to this grave today, I can only pray, some dear lover will pick this up. It's probably one of the few novels where after you get though the first bit you get to the meat of the story plots and it gets super good.