LCD The Book Eating Magician

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Land Of Tea, Jun 17, 2017.

1. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's bother me too. Poligamy don't seem to a be a thing in Meltor and Veronica pretty much showed that she isn't willing to share him with anyone.

2. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Veronica lost against Aquilo...
    Claiming Theo as hers, sulk with development! Veronica complains about this thieving dragon to her grandpa who Spoiled her a lot.
    Thus a battle between two pure blood dragon start..
    Seeing Aquilo starting to lose her advantage..
    Theo interrupt the fight and re-challenge Red dragon..
    Later, a story of a magician challenge the red dragon is spread and known all over north area

3. Rhongomyniad

Rhongomyniad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're giving Sylvia way too much credit, and not giving Theo enough.
    She has exceptional magical sensitivity, that one I give you. But our protagonist, Theo was basically magically crippled due to his lack of that certain quality. One of the draws of the story is how he fares when that flaw is compensated for. I don't think it's fair to hold that one against him.

Smarter than him, however? No way. You really don't get how monstrous Theo's intellect is. This is the guy who researched and understood various branches of magic to such an extent that he could correct his teachers in one of the best academies in the country. These are people who presumably spent years focusing on their subject. He did this despite having no ability to conduct practical work himself. He can take people's life's work and gain a 99% understanding within days or weeks.

The reason why Gluttony has such a broken effect on learning is partly because of Theo. After all, what one is learning through Gluttony is only as effective as one's understanding and knowledge. The higher level abilities are also dependent on the user's understanding, character, compatibility etc.

As for hard work? Sylvia worked hard to get where is now, no doubt, but as far as magical training goes, she practically had everything handed to her. Theo had to hack it on his own with very little resources and very opposition from a lot of people until Vince came (which was fairly recent) and then play catch up once he started using magic.

And after that, his fast rise in strength was due to the tumultuous events experienced by him, which threatened not only his life, but of countless others. Sometimes, the whole world, even. Compare that to Sylvia, who chose to train within the safety of the magic towers.

In conclusion, it's not that Theo isn't special, but his qualities are often taken for granted due to the presence of Gluttony.

CodeZero and EmptyBox like this.
  4. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Supposing that line was literal (Theo challenging Veronica's grandfather instead of simply conquering her) I think he would do so for her grandfather accept her in his harem. You know, the kind of guy that is like "I won't accept my granddaughter being part of a harem, even more so of a weak human.". Then Theo challenges him for his acceptance of his power and the harem.

elengee and Slayer713 like this.
  5. Jinnai.l

Jinnai.l The Jerkaiser, Ruler of 108th dimension,Jinny

Reading List:
    Link
    That right. Theo have to understand a magic is already immense.

Aside magic knowledge, usage of general knowledge, risk taking, preparatio and ability to solve problem. This is trait Theo display without needing Gluttony help.

But what delegate Theo as cut above Sylvia or even Veronica is his ability to is his ability to pick a fight he can win and chose a method he know have a best chance of succeeding when his back is against the wall...his employment of Randolph, selection he take against pride and containment of the grimmer and the fight against the seven sword. Demonstrate his ability to probe his opponent and exploit the hell out of it...and excellent leadership

6. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't Aquilo naturally be stronger than Veronica, ie pure dragon vs 1/4 dragon?

Slayer713 likes this.
  7. Teisen

Teisen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure but Aquilo is only a dragon but Veronica is 1/4 Dragon + Mage right?

Slayer713 likes this.
  8. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    that is correct but there isn't really a such thing as "+mage", aquilo and veronica both use magic.

Slayer713 likes this.
  9. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Aquilo is almost unkillable on sea... So if veronica want to beat Aquilo on sea literally impossible.

Slayer713 likes this.
  10. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    The only true battle between Harem Members and the Mc is the battle of love. To see who can seduce Theo the best out of everyone!

11. Slayer713

Slayer713 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that its more of a trump card of the kingdom like a hidden task force or something, and I think these guys (Quattro) will go save Randolph and his sister, but they are too late and Randolph dies while entrusting Theo with his sister.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the swords is gone c:

Slayer713 likes this.
  13. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is more of a way for future tower masters to know and bond with each other even before they get their seats as tower masters. It is a good way for their promotion to go smoothly and the magic society stay unified. Plus the king and tower masters can keep an eye on the candidates and their interactions in a better way doing this. And it is an incentive for the younger generation. Kinda like their 'own' thing, where they don't need to listen to the old farts (and crazy dragon lady) in the towers.
    This will be a good opportunity to introduce the heirs to the Yellow and White Towers. Most likely they will both be 6 circles magicians.

And if Randolph dies I will kill his murderer myself (by kidnaping the author and writing the chapter in question).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Slayer713 likes this.
  14. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Theo would have been extraordinary anyway if he didn’t get gluttony and stayed a cripple. He would have brought many magic discoveries to the world just through his own investigations. He might have even found a way around his disability so he could still be a magician

15. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    That would require funds though, and mages would be better in research since they can see into more of magic then a cripple so no one would fund him after he was kicked out of the school.

elengee likes this.
  16. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to think he'd get some lucky chance that would let his intellect shine

Slayer713 likes this.
  17. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I get the idea behind Quattro, with potential Tower Master candidates being groomed and getting acquainted with one another before their future promotions, etc, but I feel like it's a little bit unequal. Not in terms of Theo > all other candidates (which is obvious), but in terms of the candidate for the Yellow Tower Master. Isn't that dude like several hundreds if not thousands of years old? What happens if he continues on for another couple hundred? The poor candidate will stay a candidate and be surrounded by people who eventually succeed their Tower Master's positions. xD

Slayer713 likes this.
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, Theo shall become a being that transcends monogamy as well as magic, but mostly monogamy. :hmm: #quatrogamytowermaster

Soon he'll go East for his quest and become a martial arts expert like Bruce Lee and 'Enter the dragon(s)'
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Slayer713 and injamambivu like this.
  19. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    You just gotta love this LCD for all the... "funny" comments.

Slayer713 and Rapacity like this.
  20. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Lecherous Chapter Discussion
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Teisen, Slayer713, Golan and 7 others like this.