LCD The Book Eating Magician

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Land Of Tea, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't seem likely, at least I hope not.

Seems highly likely Sylvia x Theo is the OTP since the Romance tag is present but Harem isn't, but the author is probably gonna have to deal with some heavy shipping wars.
    I mean color wars...
    [​IMG]

2. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I like Sylvia and Theo but the introduction of elves throws it all off for me lmao. Plus it seems they like him more since he got an elemental. So he might have a high elf that has a crush on him.

Slayer713 likes this.
  3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the increasing circle bonus for sensitivity would quickly cover the necessary sensitivity needed to form the next circle. Once he hit the 3th circle it's enough for perhaps the 4th and 5th circle. Sensitivity hasn't really been seen as an issue for mages after 3rd circle. Higher natural sensitivity might make it easier and faster to reach the next circle but the basic requirements are there already. I don't even think there's such a thing as being stuck at 3rd circle.

Like I he's obligated to pass down knowledge on the battlesong. I don't think they're in any rush.

I don't think he's obligated to return the book. He's obligated to pass down the knowledge or they'll take the book the book back. As for his superior methods it can be brought up at such a time. They might expect him to write his own book.

True but they don't actually know if his method will extrapolate like that. It might only work how he's using it now. The rest is speculation to them.

I believe Gluttony still gets hungry everyday and they live in the same place. While it's technically not anytime he wants it's close enough to justify the phrase.

It actually went rather well. Tywin successfully restored the power and influence of his House and kept the Lannister bannermen in line for decades afterwards. The problems in the kingdom are more of less unrelated to it. This model has been working in the series for 8,000 years. The only reason their civilization might be wiped out is outside magical forces.

It has been said that her authority is second only to the king and that her name was almost the same as the king's. To use Game of Thrones again I imagine 8th circle tower masters are like the hand of the king.

4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only 109 raw chapters so far so you're assumption is flawed. It could just as easily become a harem.

elengee likes this.
  5. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say anything connoting that it's set in stone, I'm well aware that the novel is still being written which is why I said there's probably some shipping wars happening on the Author's site.
    Hell maybe Mitra herself is in a restricted form and she'll grow into an adult form. Since the Elves react so heavily towards her I don't think it would be that strange if she's a high ranking Elemental.

Slayer713 likes this.
  6. Vrinshael

Vrinshael 【Chaotic】【Fetishist】

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, she has the name of a god. Can't expect her to be a normal one.

Slayer713 likes this.
  7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this novel goes well with praise the orc
    One wizard, the other warrior. When one gets boring, the other one exciting...

Rapacity likes this.
  8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it can be part of the harem. Hell, i know what i'd do if i had a hole in my hand with a tongue in it.

shader009, Tanhalevi and StuffedDuck like this.
  9. Notaborax

Notaborax 『Woeful One』『Poet』『Epi's & Azuka's Cat』

Reading List:
    Link
    well i dont think so, the story is more focused on character advancement than romantic relationships. maybe in the future though

Tanhalevi and Slayer713 like this.
  10. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just googled Mitra God of Honesty, Friendship, Contracts and Meetings. She sure looks adorable and honest in her character art.

Tanhalevi likes this.
  11. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God, no. You just made me imagine something weird.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Problem is that you can't really control the mouth. Odds are Gluttony will be insulted and bite it off.

shader009 and Tanhalevi like this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing he'll use Mitra to move around, instead of the scary cart.

Slayer713 likes this.
  14. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I guess it's going to be propelled by wind magicians like the barge in Release That Witch.

If it's a normal horse wagon I can see that being a terrible journey.

15. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it worked the way you think it does, then he would never have gotten stuck in the first place. Also, just because the author hasn't made special note of people being stuck at the third circle doesn't mean that they aren't, it just means that they aren't plot relevant.

Perhaps I'm misremembering the chapter, but as I recall, the author explicitly stated that what the king meant was that he needed to return the book when he died.

Since when was speculation not a good enough reason for people to act? Especially for something with such extreme rewards and such minimal risks (for the peaceful approach)?

Vince is a teacher at the academy. Unless he's planning to retire, that means that they aren't going to be together for much longer as there really isn't any reason for Theo to ever return there. Their time together is limited.

Not being an expert on the series, and with it being extremely off-topic, I'll leave it at that stuff happened during the most chaotic period in the country's history since its founding, prior to the start of the book and was, in a way, a precursor to rebellion, which supports my point far more than yours.

Just because she has a lot of authority, that doesn't mean that she has all the authority. If there weren't limits, then she would be queen, and this is far more likely to be a limit than not.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course he could have gotten stuck. If the required sensitivity was greater than the bonus he got. 1st circle requires 5 sensitivity and gives 2 more on completing it. 2nd circle requires 10 and gives 4. 3rd circle requires 20 and grants 16. Theo's natural sensitivity could be 12. It could be a situation like that.

The king was certainly thinking about taking the book back after he died but it wasn't said out loud. Not part of the official deal but something he's going to do regardless.

It's probably a matter of pride for people like Veronica. Since when does an 8th circle mage have to ask a 5th circle kid for magical lessons? She's probably scratching her head with a copy of the book trying to recreate what he did.

Vince mentioned that he quit his job at the academy.

Not really. That event happened decades before the events of the book. A war had just ended and they in a period of peace. It can't be considered a precursor to a rebellion either.

She doesn't need all the authority to put down a house that maliciously attacked her people and the country's military. This is not a merciful society.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  17. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sincerely doubt we're ever going to agree, or that this will ever be relevant in the story as the author has probably thought about it far less than we have.

Yes, and everyone in the room understood what he meant. Therefore, from their perspective, Theo is only obligated to return the book.

And this makes her not incompetent as a leader and national representative how? If you're right, then her subordinates are dying for her pride on a daily basis.

Ah, that must be in a chapter I haven't read yet (I'm a bit behind at the moment), or I simply forgot. Still, that doesn't explain why he wouldn't be asking his questions.

It showed that the nobles could do whatever they wanted and the king couldn't, or wouldn't, stop them. It allowed a noble that didn't respect the king's authority to gain power and wealth, and that same noble (or his descendants who learned from his example) then rebelled and killed the king and the king's entire family. I won't say that this was the only reason for the uprising (it wasn't), but it definitely played a role in how the nobles were able to gain enough strength to make it happen, but again, this is severely off topic.

But it is a society with a government that consists of more than one person. As such, killing other members of the government always has consequences. From a political standpoint, certain noble families would be worth far more than a fifth circle mage, regardless of his supposed potential, especially if he could easily be painted as an unpatriotic individual who was helping the country's enemies by suppressing the growth of the nation's military by refusing to share vital knowledge with government. It wouldn't even take a particularly talented rabble rouser to turn this into a much more massive incident than her simply rescuing him, arresting those involved and killing those who refused to be arrested. I mean honestly, if he let her get away with doing that, then he might as well dissolve the nobility and replace it with the mage towers, and then chop off his own head, because that's exactly where the country would be headed.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The king planning to take back the book after Theo dies doesn't erase Theo's obligation to pass down knowledge to future generations.

They're not dying on a daily basis as they're not at war.

The king wouldn't stop them because that sort of thing is more or less normal. Tywin punished disobedient vassals which was in his authority. Tywin was already the heir to the Great House of the West. His family already had power and wealth. They are the wealthiest in the Empire after all. The power he's gaining is the power that's already expected of their family and granted by king in the first place. You say that the nobles gained the power to challenge the king due to events like this. That's wrong. They had that power from the start. Or at least from the moment the royal family lost their dragon shaped weapons of mass destruction. The 7 kingdoms were 7 kingdoms before they used dragons to turn it into an empire. Now that those dragons gone those Great Houses still have the power of kingdoms. If the king wants to suppress a Great House he needs to rely on a few other Great Houses helping.

I'm sure they can try to spin the story however they want. At the end of the day they took it upon themselves to attack a member of the country's military and nobility for their own purposes. They don't have the authority to do such so whatever excuses they use are worthless. You can't rabble rouse when neither you or the people you're egging on have the power to do anything. This king has no problems lopping of noble heads when they're causing trouble. What incident can they cause? Rebel? They die. Try to take advantage of the situation to gain benefits? Die still.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  19. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than Theo's obligation to the king, Theo passing Battle Song to the next generation is his obligation from Lee as the only one who managed to "unlock" its full form.

Lee himself said that the contents in the book was a bit incomplete and didn't contain the "full version of what supposed to be Battle Song".

I guess Theo will probably write a book that would contain information about the full version as replacement for the eaten Battle Song book.

Slayer713 likes this.
  20. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Oh shit shit shit!

Another grimoire holder? Wtf OTK Hermann?!?!?! Can Aura user be this OP!?!?

Tanhalevi and Slayer713 like this.