LCD The Book Eating Magician

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Land Of Tea, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In one fell swoop, he's got a "cheat item" that can help to potentially eradicate two problems at one go:

*raising affinity to a spell (or mastery)
    *raising magic power enough to learn new spells.

Oh boy.... now let's see how the story evolves. It lost some tension alright.

Zeraphin and Trent like this.
  2. Hamsta

Hamsta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Or, you know, just burn the evidence like the Library of Alexandria.

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully with the entire world trying to kill him, that will build some tension.

4. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    that is certainly not a good life to live.

5. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway, On chapter 7 right now, this has a good start like good Korean novels do, but I really have to nitpick one thing about the translation.

Anyway, "Anyway, Theo couldn’t care less about that right now."

Anyway, I don't know how faithful this is to the original source, I don't know if "Anyway," is some "that's the best we can do in English" translation of a Korean word, but for the love of god can people PLEASE STOP WRITING IT.

Anyway, NO sentence in proper English starts with "Anyway," it is fucking awful to read this and I cringe every time. In so many god damn translations I see this: sentences started with "Anyway," and the comma.

Anyway, I hate this so fucking much you people have no idea. I didn't even know it was possible to bastardize English in a way by simply adding a pointless word to the beginning of a sentence. Any and every use of this "Anyway," immediately turns any literature from something someone spent time and effort on into some bullshit "my wife is my sister" fanfic level of quality.

Anyway, Please, please for the love of god. Any time you would start a sentence with "Anyway," just fucking not write the word instead.

Anyway, "Theo couldn’t care less about that right now." keeps the flow, the narrative, the active voice, and doesn't seem like it was written by a person who enjoys fucking pigs.

Anyway, I would rather read a hundred times more mistakes of incorrect tense or total avoidance of the letter u in conjugating verbs (hung instead of hanged ffs) than "Anyway,".

Zeraphin likes this.
  6. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, guess this'll be an easygoing story. It would have been great if he still had major weaknesses and had to wrack his head and be steadfast like Magic Missile Man.

The story until now has reminded me a lot of DA:O's suggestions. But now it's going down the common appraiser path. We'll see what comes.

I hope that the novel's going to take each circle seriously, and not rush through them all on the power of the MC's OP artifact.
    It's a personal peeve that rarely bothers readers very much. It's not too different from "however," "but," "yet," "besides," etc. And a character can certainly start his sentences with the word to drive in a point. But it's accurate, thanks for the advice for tighter writing. :)

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Good way to raise his magic power though, i'm sure consuming magicians is a very good supplement.

Zeraphin likes this.
  8. Land Of Tea

Land Of Tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if it's wrath killing people to get magic of the other party
    sloth sleep on a book to obtain magic
    greed hoard magic books
    envy.... no idea
    lust....doing it and obtaining the other party magic
    pride... no idea
    here are some ideas how the other other grimiores obtain magic

Slayer713 likes this.
  9. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that going for cursed items would let Theo get stronger at a faster pace compared to non cursed items... or am I wrong in that suggestion...

10. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I want lust, cuz i am bibliophilic

elengee likes this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally it depends on how much magic inside to be drained, and the skills to be taken, strong memories of the previous item helps too

12. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Mass payback mode activated! Owai- this ain't a xianxia

13. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 15: The fighting this chapter was okay, but I feel as though it was missing something. Felt like it was a bit rushed, with not enough context, but maybe it's just me? o.0

14. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, I get that feeling, but it is all handwaved as Theo is smart and hardworking and has the proper ability to use magic this time. Chpt 16 just another blablabla session.

Slayer713 likes this.
  15. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, someone has a chance to catch that book destroyer!

But i'm really surprised that he kept vandalizing the school property instead of earning some money by appraisal and buying books to eat.

16. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since he already has such a high understanding of the books and has read them repeatedly, can't he just replace the more basic ones from memory?

17. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would just assume that it is difficult for him to just create new books and place them back. Not to mention it might not even be his priority right now, since he seems preoccupied with trying to graduate as a 4th Circle Magician (at least).

18. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad he chose to trust the professor. Honestly would have been pretty disappointed if he didn't, since the professor clearly cared deeply for him and his potential/determination/resilience.

I think the first thing that they should test together is have the professor write something and see if Gluttony will accept it.

CodeZero likes this.
  19. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Vince the teacher and human that humanity needs, but don't deserve. I'm worried that Vince is gonna die in the future at this rate, as part of the trope where good teacher sacrifice themselves for their student. Please don't die Vince

qwertzuiop, bob3002 and Slayer713 like this.
  20. Slayer713

Slayer713 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if it was like that envy could just be he gets jealous of person A's magic and acquire it, while for pride it won't give him magic but will improve his magic if, he himself feels proud of himself or something like that