LCD The Book Eating Magician

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Land Of Tea, Jun 17, 2017.

1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    If the author can F up the fact that the Token Tournament is the first yet there are previous victors, he can F up the battle scene too. Though I take it the fact that both Theodore and Sylvia just decide to ditch strategies and go shonen, they are as it is in the heat. Not that I like how it become so pathetic as Theodore wins thanks to his plot armor.

2. emry

emry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well those 2 are teens and in the end were like fxx it

3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder if someone will scout Theo to join their faction?

Like the Emperor or someone else?

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to fertilize that soil ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mrttao likes this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    "You may request a reward"
    "Let me check out your personal library"

Slayer713 likes this.
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Do your best
    [​IMG]

Slayer713, Rapacity, Stark3 and 2 others like this.
  7. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured the king came to snatch up Sylvia as a wife candidate with tons of power, almost no political entanglements, and an extremely beautiful appearance. But, since he didn't, and Theo has a nice stack of money all his own, Theo really should take the initiative to ask Sylvia out. Or, if he lacks the courage for that, or simply doesn't like her in that way, he should at least establish long range communication with her (I assume this is just a pen pal agreement since they don't seem to have a cellphone equivalent). Getting strong is important, but its not as important as networking and finding a good wife.

Also, I really think he should take the time to learn enchanting. There's a lot he could gain from it, both economically and strength-wise.
    Well, the Red Tower will at the very least. Honestly, they, and most other people for that matter, probably believe that he's already intending to join that tower since he's Vince's disciple. His heavy use of earth magic may catch the interest of the Yellow Tower though.

That said, he'll wind up working for the king no matter what given the laws and structure of that country, and there is no emperor. Unless your saying that foreign empires will scout him? I don't think he's quite at that level yet, especially given his age. It'll make him look like less of a genius that it took him so long to hit the Fourth Circle.

8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He also mentioned that most people wouldn't know that it cannot be transfered.
    or would assume they could handle it. "be killed by a mere grimoire? me? pah! I will subdue it!"

elengee likes this.
  9. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who finds it kind of weird how Sylvia gets a mention that she holds the record of 95 tokens, yet Theo wasn't mentioned when he should have 100 (his 5 + the 95 he won from Sylvia)?

mrttao likes this.
  10. Commentator

Commentator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    read explanation below that chapter

11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that the rapid acceleration that Gluttony's gonna teach Theo is not stealing the circle of Vince

12. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah... I kinda doubt it. The vibe the whole novel is giving off is positive and "family-friendly" so to speak. No emphasis on negative emotions - there very well could have been some kind of revenge plot already after the disaster the noble dude had at the academy (losing a very precious artifact no less). MC's kills have also so far been non-human creatures, and only done in self defence. I doubt that the novel would do a 180 degree in its approach now and make him kill someone in cold blood or have him harm a benefactor.

13. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I'm a little jaded, but I can't help but compare Theo's poor background to that of the MCs of Dimensional Sovereign and God of Crime, and those stories got pretty dark at times. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

14. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I did. Still doesn't explain anything. Sylvia got 95, but Theo got 100 by beating Sylvia's 95. What about it?

15. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    Theodore's record is 100. Her record is 95. If I understand RainbowTurtle's notes correctly, the word "record" here is used to mean information or account, not as in "world record".

16. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but what I was asking is, how come Theo's achievement wasn't even mentioned at all in the chapter, even though he had a higher record? Everyone was praising Sylvia's record of 95, yet no one mentioned Theo, who beat her record. I just found that weird.

17. bob3002

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't see either one mentioned in chapter 37. It's only talked about in the translator's notes at the end. I, like several others, thought that Sylvia's score would be zeroed after she lost, so I'm glad to be corrected in the TLN as to how she became the runner-up.

18. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because Sylvia probably had to earn those 95 by fighting multiple magicians, and Theo earned his just by beating a naive guy and then Sylvia.

19. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    While I can understand that logic, Sylvia wasn't continuously challenged, and had her stamina drained, or something like that, right? Cause if that's the case, then I'm pretty sure that if Theo was in her position, he likely would have been able to do the same thing.

Oh. That's weird. I could have sworn I read the audience or nobles talking about Sylvia being a genius by being able to get 95 tokens, or something like that. Guess I misread it then.

Still, the idea that the ranks are determined by the max amount of tokens held makes sense, otherwise it'd be pretty skewed and not a proper measurement of skill.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  20. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I entirely agree with that assessment. :) One thing to note tho, is that potential is one thing and actually doing it is another. While Theo showed that he's also capable of defeating other magicians until he comes to a score of 95, Sylvia actually went through that gauntlet. Maybe that's what the nobles were praising her for.