LCD The Dark King

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Jan 7, 2017.

1. TrueReader

TrueReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing i'm wondering is why didn't he take the chip reader last time. Plot holes keep popping up

2. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a lot of plot holes in the story. This is just one of the latest.

3. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    So MANY CHAPTERS , TRANSLATOR. YOU!! Amazing!

4. NightinWolf

NightinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the chapter where George and Rudolph had invited the Mellon consortia's board of director to talk about the new loom. They say that they had contacted three inventors from the temple of elements to try to make the new loom. I bet master Terence was one of them.

5. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just binge-read 245 chapters... This is great!

Its not exactly a 'morally upright' novel, but it does properly, and in a sense, realistically portray the descent to madness. After all, you're dealing with a 9 to 18 year old fella that has literally suffered through what a lot of adults can't and won't even make it without severe PTSD (especially that dungeon arc where he was nearly orally and butt-raped).

This story has so much potential, its a bit of a lot of things. Attack on Titans, that Magus story (which i forgot the title), Release the Witch, Fallout, etc..

But then again there are also so many questions.

Here are some that I had:

1. Who or what lies within the "inner wall".
    2. Within that 300 years gap, something built a wall so high (that's impossible with current level tech, maybe it looks abit like those in Pacific Rim, except on a much grander scale, with underground tunnels and whatnot). But who, or what?
    3. the MC now recovers 3 tubes of batteries and a holographic interactive card reader. So what can it teach / help the MC? Apparently it doesn't have computational power, so its just is an overglorified holographic portable wikipedia.
    4. The MC seems to be 'distracted' by entering multiple factions, but I doubt that's the case. What's his end game?

6. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I have a question to those who've read the raws...
    Is the girl he kept out of Jail an ally or enemy? Who betrays him on his team? Sigh.... I had high expectations for the kuudere girl

7. LethalSquirts

LethalSquirts extremely racist jokes

Reading List:
    Link
    dont you just love that

8. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the butler tried to betray him but our MC is way too smart. The butler is on his last chance as he already tried to betray MC a few times. The other people doesn't betray him yet. The girl seems to be quite kind hearted too, as she requested Dudian for soldiers to save the innocents. Our MC being the anti-hero he is asked her why he should do so but later gave her soldiers as it could bring him benefits.

9. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thank you I'm pretty much using google translate so its hard to understand some stuff.
    Yeah I was able to understand that she's kind hearted despite being tortured too. It'd be nice if Jenny was jealous of her but... What happen to jenny? I have no heard of her since the poem. I'm at the part where he grows wings on his back...? I think? lol I probably misunderstood

10. Zarek21

Zarek21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damned spoiler tags and their mysterious goodness....... I have officially confused myself by looking at them........

11. Manav

Manav Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will drop this novel if he gets back with Jenny. Jenny doesn't deserve the mc.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  12. Zarek21

Zarek21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't drop the novel just because of one bad choice that Dudian/Dean makes. For all we know she actually improves the story and helps him with his alchemy......or maybe not who knows I certainly don't

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  13. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing about this story is that, people insist that
    a) MC should be a Mary Sue (which he shouldn't, because that isn't human)
    b) MC is a Mary Sue (which he isn't because he does make a lot of mistakes)

But the subtle emphasis of the dark side of things that mirrors what happens in real world (even in academia, as shown in the temple of light / faith or whatever), is refreshing. Of course plot armor saves the day for certain things, but also it makes a good story to see how the MC tackles the challenges.

Now he's back into the "business and negotiations". This guy at this point is Zhuge Liang (in a bad sense). He's taking everything, too much upon himself. His assistants aren't up to par yet, and he has many fronts to tackle. Sooner or later, it will overwhelm him all.

This is only but one "walled city". I'm sure there must be other walled cities, and further adventures.

NightinWolf and Zarek21 like this.
  14. Varius

Varius Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only me or this novel lacks of hunting and developing hunter lvl like the first part of the novel?

How many gold does he gets from the goods..?? Anyone??

15. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    his first hunt for the "New World consortium" netted him 400 gold, with a potential deficit of 50k gold (because he needed a some sort of elixir to regrow his arm due to it being broken into pieces, and will need years for it to properly "heal".

16. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow reading you guys post i thought Jenny back stab the hero and then went off to marry someone else.

No, wait Jenny was loyal as a dog. After Dean there was no one else. She refuse to marry anyone else and after she found out Dean was innocent she ran to his side to apologize. She want to do anything to get his forgiveness.

Are we really saying that this person is redeemable?

17. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it's more that she's too naive and gullible to be worth the time, compared to others that bring more to the table than just "a noble's daughter". nice first love, time to move on.

Tramsloof likes this.
  18. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like i said before she wasn't that gullible. She have learn her lesson just like the MC. And no she have plenty of worth.

19. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    how has she learned? she hasn't examined the case or even asked what really happened, has she? would she even believe him if she was told? she was just notified he was found innocent and jumped on it. just because she apologized doesn't mean she's learned anything or actually grown.

20. LethalSquirts

LethalSquirts extremely racist jokes

Reading List:
    Link
    she actually did investigate the case before jumping to conclusions