The Forever Alone Sect

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Eternal Liar, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Kurogane Toru

Kurogane Toru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I say the good point of being alone is the leeway it offers, but the bad point is that no one will know what you will be enjoying if you're alone. While there are many reasons for the good and the bad, I enjoy being alone because it offers me freedom and the quietness of your surroundings, but sometimes it's slightly depressing and that's just something you just have to get used to, that is how I feel. Though I don't dislike spending time with close friends, if I had any xD.

fireclaws likes this.
  2. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to know you still faithful, I'm promoting you.

True it is slightly depressing you can' share what you really like with others, but thinking in reverse it is exactly because of this so that you remain alone.

Kurogane Toru and Shance like this.
  3. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    What place is this ?

4. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    This is where we discuss the philosophy of being introverted, side discussion may include profundities of the perspective of each person and how they view introversion differently. We try to divulge our own experiences and reasons for being socially inactive, or at least that is how the society deems it so.

5. Haevrus

Reading List:
    Link
    To sum it up. You all are loners . You discuss the profanities and the fucked up views of the society from the P.o.V of not of a 3rd person but a 4th person. How great it is that you are introverted?. How much energy you have saved?. And the most of all disscuss your hidden qualities here. Right? . Great. I am in the Nirvana realm. Nice to meet ya.

6. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that is an exceptionally negative view you have here in fact probably the first I've ever read so far here regarding this thread, technically no. In contrary to your opinions, we never really complained about the fucked up views of the society. Society isn't fcked up, its just mostly people who couldn't accept the new changing values of the society or doesn't want to believe in it.

And also we do not believe being introverted is a sign of superiority, it is just another trait we possess due to different reasons, as for energy we saved . . . . Well I can't say I don't agree with this. Social gatherings are quite tiring in my personal experiences, lastly no. We don't flaunt our hidden qualities, to say there is any at all.

p.s Yeah you're in the Nirvanna realm alright. Welcome to this thread.

mir likes this.
  7. Falhrus

Falhrus Avoiding enemies is hard work y'know?

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome, welcome~ Hmmmm not sure what's happening here but whatever~

*ahem* Please enjoy your time here~ Although it is barren... and otherwise desolate...

@Eternal Liar You should really install a pond or something. I want koi fish and other kinds of fish swimming around happily.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  8. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    . . . . . nai wa, I don't have enough spirit stones for that.

9. Haevrus

Reading List:
    Link
    Na na, you took it seriously. Too many people are cynical and pessimistic or negative this days. I was just mimicking them.

10. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, can't tell the difference. Not the first time someone tried to bash the thread, but alright.

Haevrus likes this.
  11. Diamona

Diamona [Forever Alone Psychotherapist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahaha, no. There is a difference between selective reclusiveness and antiestablishment-fueled escapism. It can start like that, sure, but I don't think other members of the Sect are here to lick each others' wounds. That lacks the "Alone" component.
    For instance, this is the first time in a while I've visited the forums for a while. I might start visiting more often soon, but I have no clue at this point.

@Eternal Liar Would you say impartiality has to do with membership? Like being natural drifters that occasionally latch onto things?

12. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Membership has nothing to do with impartiality, no one can truly feel to be impartial but they can understand the concept of it and act as such. To ask for a show of impartiality on the internet where people bares their real intentions without a second thought is verily a monumental task. To quote

"Men must be free to do what they believe. It is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no matter how much we disagree"

They must be free to express themselves, yet we should not condemn them for being different from us. Only when they act should they be judged accordingly.

p.s what am I even talking about . . . .anyways to answer your questions [Like being natural drifters that occasionally latch onto things?], I think that naturally drifting and occasionally latching onto things doesn't accurately represent it. All people latch onto things, but a natural drifter just doesn't stay on it. They constantly change onto what they hold.

BrokenKi likes this.
  13. BrokenKi

BrokenKi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We are alone in this world, at start we have parents, after they leave us we are back alone. Love, family, friends they are just a mere ilussion, someday they will dissapear and leave us, in the end we are back alone.
    And when we leave this world we're buried alone.
    Tell me then are we alone in this world or no?
    Only when we embrace it, in the loneliness we can become our trueself.
    This is our dao, the dao of forever alone, this place is our temporary stop place where we drop our words or our legacy and leave. Whether u or someone read it or ignore it, it's urs and their decision

Haevrus likes this.
  14. Diamona

Reading List:
    Link
    ....Mmmm, ah, well...
    You know how in arguments, people ideally call for an outsider to settle things? Impartiality increases with the lack of connection one sees a situation with themselves.
    To clarify what I was asking, I was wondering if the lack of emotional investment in relationships was a factor.

And I don't think most people KNOW what their intentions are well enough to properly channel anywhere, let alone the Internet. I wouldn't call actions done to relief oneself of stress representing intentions so much as mental masturbation.

That sounds like nihilism applied to relationships. I don't think that is a healthy outlook on events, so maybe I can help counter with my own set of rhetorics.
    Amongst the billions of people in the world, every single one is a life.
    Against the flows of eons, all trickles towards the heat death of the Universe, but every single moment is a unique one.
    If something lasted forever, how could it be taken as anything but granted?

In the grand scheme, our individual actions do not alter the flow.
    However! Our actions influence our OWN lives.
    It is because of the mortality of the moment that interactions have any meaning,
    So why deny others' efforts and desire for camaraderie?

Fleeing to solitude while eschewing the value of friendship is escapism, not a form of truth.
    Being alone emerges with the lack of how much one can relate to others.

OK. Now that that is out of the way, I've been thinking: In what ways can a person feel alone?
    The first and obvious is the feeling their social life is lacking, and social circle is insufficient. The more complicated way is the lack of central compass. In other words, the former is external, while the latter vice versa.
    If my quirkiness didn't give it away, I'm in the second category. Maybe it is severe dissociation or a tendency for melodrama... Welp, not suicidal, so better off than most.
    So who here wonders sometimes if they are a person?

mir likes this.
  15. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *raises hand* o/
    I'm sorry, but I'm curious about this part. Would you be willing to say more about it?

16. Diamona

Reading List:
    Link
    'Lack of central compass' is desires or hobbies. Like how I said that being alone emerges with the lack of how much one can relate to another, if someone doesn't have enough contents, there is no reason to interact. Essentially, it is a 'reason' for interaction.
    In the case of dissociation, a person can feel like they are merely spectating their own life, rather than living in it. People seem like automata, sense of reality is fleeting, and feel a need for an anchor.
    As for what I mean by 'anchor', I mean a reminder that one's body is connected to the self. Brief amounts of pain can help abate the feeling of detachment. That cliche emo-kid line of "I hurt myself to feel ALIVE" actually has precedence.

The reason I fall into this category is due to rejection of gender roles, age roles, lack of hobbies, concrete goals, likes and dislikes. I'm intelligent, but just having lots of information and ideas doesn't make me any different from an encyclopedia. I have difficulty talking TO people rather than talking AT people. Not so much a problem on the Internet.
    I hope I answered more questions than I raised...

17. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's quite how I ended up alone. I share no interest at all with anyone in the near vicinity literally. Be it my choice of literature, game, tv shows, hobbies, philosophy, beliefs and a few others more. Essentially I'm surrounded by people who I cannot relate to in almost any fashion.

My family conversation takes place only when we're trying to prove each other wrong or begrudgingly asking for someone's aid. People I can actually talk to can be counted on a single hand. I feel like I'm alienated, I understand people logically and why would they act as such. But on a emotional level I couldn't accept how people deviate so much from how I think.

18. Diamona

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with intellect is when it is of a sufficient level where you can synthesize your own ideas, you are no longer subscribed to the 'common beliefs'. Maybe it is due to the educational system's neglect of increasing students' lexicons that new ideas are difficult to efficiently convey in conversations.
    Then there is the overall lack of ability people seem to have about hypotheticals and forming proper arguments against them. For instance, when I was younger, one of my favorite hypotheticals was bringing up cannibalism (yes you read that correctly) and asking scientifically why it is bad. Pretty much everyone copped out with ethical reasons, which are the loosest and unsubstantiated forms of logic. No SHIT it has ethical complications!
    Luckily, I have met someone who gave a proper logical rebuttal, bringing up Wediigo (think Mad Cow disease, but starting in humans), but only after more than a decade of asking.

I'm not 100% sure why people don't like trying to see things from other perspectives.

So, @Eternal Liar, what's your favorite genres in what you find entertaining? I'm trying to encompass games, literature, and television into one category, so you get to pick which you'd rather talk about.

19. Palm Reader

Palm Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loner diaries#101
    today i make a big step to say "hi" to my old friend that i meet in a coffeeshop..got a replay "hi" from him...that's it..

20. berdaperst

berdaperst New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but if we join a sect of loners... we're not forever alone?