Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia ML should be whisking MC to his sect at about 11 or 12, right after when they gone inside the mountain and MC played that flute song that only he and ML knows about to summon(?) Wen Ning to help with dealing with a spirit(?)
    @winter-t Can you tell me about the event where near the end of the story, after MC tells ML that he wants to go to bed with him in front of everyone, then they all head towards a temple(?) and people can only find 4...bed(?) futon(?), one goes to ML, one to MC, one to ML's brother, and one to another guy. What's happening in this arc(?)?

LoveManga, xBubblex, Blood A and 2 others like this.
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the ml brother play a role in the story?
    Also why didnt anyone tried to bring the mc back before? (Since the ml missed him and all he could have found someone to bring him back) ....did he ever ask him how he got back?

LoveManga, xBubblex and Misaki Yata like this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk about the ML's brother, but isn't bringing the MC back is basically necromancer or something, like dark magic, I'm sure those kind of things were look down upon

LoveManga, Blood A and alexfilia like this.
  4. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this novel has a manga? (The art is so cute kyaaa :3)
    Since the mc has a hero complex he must go out a lot to do unedesary dangerous stuff for no reason...does the ml worry a lot about the mc? ( any cute moments *.*?)

Aeli, NA2Z and lazynoodles like this.
  5. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    After they get to ML's sect, something major happens and to solve that mystery, they end up travelling. I think MC finds out ML knows his identity sometime around when they start travelling, but it's been a while so I might have remembered incorrectly. It doesn't take that long for MC to realize.

At the beginning, it's just ML who knows, and Jiang Cheng who strongly suspects. Halfway through, Jiang Cheng gets confirmation, and around 3/4 of the way through, MC's identity is completely exposed to everyone.

That's actually the final arc of the novel, the grand finale haha. They're in a temple b/c that's where the final mastermind is, and this arc is basically them fighting it out while also working through emotional hurdles.

There's only 4 cushions (idk if you've been to temples, but it's those praying mat cushions) to sit on, so they split that between the people who were there. The other guy is Nie HuaiSang, one of the people ML and MC went to school with.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 8 others like this.
  6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to agree that those arts are amazing, but I have to wonder where the basic look of the characters come from, was there a picture in the novel or something?
    About the Nie guy, is the the mastermind? Because when I read it, a Su guy barges in and talk trash about MC and ML(?), then Jiang Chen come over after the Arthur event, then somehow they started fighting?
    And about that donkey, is there something special about it?

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t So ML has been wearing mourning clothes for 13 yrs? I wish I can find someone that dedicated

8. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    ML's brother plays a pretty minor role until the grand finale, where his role still isn't that big, but he is a major catalyst for MC's confession.

There are two major reasons. First, you have to remember that there's a reason MC is called the Founder of Diabolism. He's literally the first person who single-handedly pioneered this field, so it's not like the knowledge is widespread.

Second, the people who killed MC do not want him to come back. They had a lot of counter-measures in place to prevent MC's revival. But they didn't know that it was possible to offer your body up to be taken over, so this entire time, they thought that if MC were to come back, it would be in the form of MC stealing someone's body by force. It's also why MC was able to hide his identity for so long despite him pretty much exposing himself multiple times.

In short, ML did not have the knowledge to bring MC back, and given the circumstances at the time, it was highly unlikely that MC could come back, but despite all that, ML still held out hope. It's honestly quite heartbreaking how he devotedly waited for 13 years.

Yeah, it was looked down upon and called evil, and was one of the justifying reasons people used to kill MC. To be fair, it's an unfamiliar art and MC did lose control over it at times which led to massacres, and that ended up as further justification for killing MC.

No manga that I know of, but the Chinese fandom is so amazing. There are so many ridiculously talented fans, and the things they've created are honestly jaw-dropping. There was an announcement a while back that there's going to be an anime released this year, so I'm quite hyped~

MC's hero complex isn't to the extent that he'd go out of his way to help people, but if someone who needs help crosses his path, then he'd lend a hand even if it's dangerous. ML pretty much follows MC in whatever he wants to do, and while there probably were instances where ML was worried, I'm blanking on that atm. ML is really strong and MC isn't weak either, so they trust each other's strength.

If you browse enough, you'll realize that there isn't a canon design for any of the characters, but there are popular elements to each character that's generally adopted by many fanartists. The book does also describe how they look to some extent.

Arthur event? But yes, Jiang Cheng does show up and he fights with Su She.
    Nie HuaiSang isn't the mastermind behind the mystery MC and ML were trying to solve, but it's heavily implied that he manipulated a lot of things behind the scenes that led to the demise of the mastermind behind the mystery.

There's nothing particularly special about the donkey. It's mostly there as comic relief and MC's transportation, but there's also a really sweet scene that sort of involves it.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 10 others like this.
  9. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys are faster than I can reply haha.

I feel like I have to clarify, but ML is not wearing mourning clothes. His clan's uniform is white clothes (with blue cloud patterns) and a strip of white cloth tied across their foreheads, which is kind of reminiscent of mourning clothes. MC calls it that b/c he thinks the design is bad, and well, that's the kind of personality MC has lol.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 11 others like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, since the MC said it twice, I thought he was shock or something.
    Arthur event = JC making a bunch of people to try to drawn out the sword to no avail.
    I think in the last chapter, there was a family of three, the mother said that MC is her benefactor, what's the story behind that?

Fiorisi, LoveManga and xBubblex like this.
  11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, ok, that's a pretty creative and concise way of calling that event. I like it.

Remember when MC pissed off the Wen clan b/c he was trying to save some people? Well, the mother was one of the people MC saved at the time. She would have been killed by the Wen clan, or at the very least, had her face ruined if not for MC.

Fun fact: ML was pretty jealous of her and MC totally teased him about it.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 11 others like this.
  12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t Oh, and the time when ML was drunk, why did he steal chicken and fruits and gave it to MC?

13. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, the things ML does while drunk is hilarious~
    Not long before this, MC and ML were in YunMeng (where MC grew up) and MC was pointing out and telling ML about all his childhood escapades. Some of the things MC told him about, was how he stole chickens and fruits and graffiti'd walls, basically things that a trouble-making teenage boy with too much free time would do. So after ML got drunk, he basically went and copied those things lmao. I think giving it to MC was his way of showing his love while drunk.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, Amaunett and 12 others like this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What else did he do in the occasions that he got drunk before?

15. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure he got drunk three times, and the stealing spree was the last.
    Personally, this was my favorite b/c it was so unexpected yet hilarious. This was an accident, as MC didn't realize ML would get drunk with only 1 cup of wine. So ML's drunken state is basically: drink 1 cup of wine -> fall asleep -> wake up drunk.

After ML fell asleep, MC went out to meet with Wen Ning, but in the middle of their meeting, ML shows up wearing his boots incorrectly and then acted all jealous as he pushed Wen Ning away from MC. Wen Ning had to stay a certain distance away or ML would push him away again all grumpily. MC took him back to the inn, and realized that ML was super honest and would do and answer whatever he asked. I'm kind of tempted to post a direct translation of that scene, b/c it is comedy gold haha.

In short, MC asked ML his opinion on various things like rabbits and Jiang Cheng, receiving one word responses, then pointed to himself. And ML's response was literally, "Mine." But MC misunderstood since he was holding ML sword at the time, and thought ML was referring to the sword (of course he wasn't lol).

Before MC could ask all the questions he wanted, ML's ingrained biological clock kicked in and he forced MC to lie on the same bed with him to sleep on time, falling asleep immediately. The next morning, as a prank and payback, MC took off his shirt, so when ML woke up and saw a half naked MC in his bed, he literally fell off in shock. Naturally, MC followed that up with very ambiguous words for maximum effect.
    This time MC purposely made ML drunk to continue questioning ML, mainly on how ML recognized him. Except MC then found out that when drunk, if ML doesn't want to answer a question or do something, then he won't.

MC remembered how mad ML was when he accidentally pulled off ML's headband tie long ago, so he wanted to inspect it and ML handed it over. While inspecting, ML took the chance to tie MC's hands together with the headband tie and then refused to set MC free. He then drags MC in front of the younger Lan kids and Jin Ling who were also at the same inn to proudly show off MC's bounded hands, and everyone is pretty much speechless. There's an implication behind the headband tie that MC doesn't know, so MC was clueless, but everyone else knew.

Back in their inn room, MC's still trying to convince ML to untie his hands and in the process, MC licks ML's hand when ML covers his mouth to stop him from asking. ML then starts avoiding MC, MC asks in jest if ML wanted to play hide-and-seek, ML nods, and MC dies of laughter. As they play, MC threatens that he'll lick ML again once he catches him to scare ML, but then ML basically runs towards MC, wraps MC's tied arms around his neck, and is all expectant as he waits for his 'punishment'.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want and have time, please translate it;)
    When he was drunk for the 3rd time, MC remarked that ML like it when MC wipes his face?

LoveManga, Blood A and Aster Anemone like this.
  17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    what was people's reaction when they realized the public enemy number 1 was back?
    did they try to kill him again?
    Do we ever see clues that the ML was missing the mc the entire time and wanted him to come back?
    (also did people know their relationship in the past?)

oh btw is the ml's sect the same people the mc saw when he woke up....the ones who helped his family village with the ghosts

The art was amazing <3 .....if there is an anime i will definatly watch it :3

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    LoveManga, xBubblex and Misaki Yata like this.
  18. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes about the sect, Idk about anything else

LoveManga likes this.
  19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Small question did jiang cheng try to kill the mc many times even without knowing for sure who he is?...or was he just hostile to him?....was he really the one who finished the mc off the first time? ....did he know the mc and ml relationship?

Also in the fan arts it seems that his sect wears read and carries crossbows xD

LoveManga and xBubblex like this.
  20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link