Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Before ML being MC back to his sect, in the mountain, JC wanted to bring MC to his sect and torture him because he was able to control Wen Ning. But MC said that even though he is gay, JC is not his type so he won't go with him. JC got pissed and asked who was his type, and MC replied that it's ML. JC leaves, then ML said that MC won't mind going back to his sect with him.
    I didn't read the whole thing so I don't know of any other instances.
    Near the end of the novel, JC saw MC and ML hugging and confront them about it

Mrinmoye, LoveManga, xBubblex and 7 others like this.
  2. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe some of the easier snippets are doable, but this novel is definitely above my translation abilities.

MC was referring to when ML was drunk the first time. MC had helped him wipe his face and ML seemed to enjoy it a lot then.

People were mostly freaking out and scared b/c they're afraid that MC will go on a revenge spree and kill them all. Yes, they did organize a 2nd alliance of clans to storm MC's old haunt to try and kill him again.

There are definitely subtle clues that ML missed the MC while he was gone. In the past, their relationship was only ML being in a one-sided love, but yes, there were people who knew that ML was in love with MC.

Jiang Chen is extremely, and I mean extremely, unhealthily obsessed with hunting down MC. In the 13 years after MC died, he's tortured and killed a lot of innocent people he suspected to be MC. Even the smallest of suspicions is plenty justification in his eyes, which is why Jiang Cheng was so adamant about trying to kill MC even before he has concrete proof.

MC didn't die directly b/c of Jiang Cheng, but b/c he lost control over the undead and they tore his body apart. Jiang Cheng did not know about MC and ML's relationship until near the end of the novel.

The red clothes you see in fanart like the one linked is actually a special uniform that was only used in during a shooting competition between the clans, which is why even though MC and ML are in different clans, they're both wearing the same red clothes.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 11 others like this.
  3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    didnt the mc lost all his cultivation before he dies?....how could he summon undead?
    i have a feeling the mc will be running away a lot from Jiang cheng during the novel :D
    What happened with the second alliance? ....did a war break outor the mc manged to prevent it this time?
    oh is the ml the leader of his sect?

LoveManga likes this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    ML's brother is the sect leader

5. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh i see! ....btw i was watching some fan art /fan animation (maybe video game?) videos on youtube and it seems the ml fought against his sect's people to protect the mc (kyaaaa) (<3) although i dont know how accurate they are

btw both the mc and ml play musical intstruments right? *.*

LoveManga and xBubblex like this.
  6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, MC flute, ML guquin(?).
    Btw, can you tell me the youtube link?

LoveManga and xBubblex like this.
  7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 2 others like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    ... so hot:oops:

LoveManga and alexfilia like this.
  9. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Normal cultivation uses spiritual energy. Summoning the undead uses the resentful energy of those who died with grievances instead. They're two fundamentally different sources of power, but since resentful energy is corrosive, hard to control, and inferior to spiritual energy, no one else bothered with it.

Obviously MC doesn't die. This alliance came to be not b/c of MC, but b/c of the mastermind behind the scenes, and with MC revealing the spy amidst their ranks, it kind of lost its purpose. It's rather ironic b/c it ended with MC and ML saving the lives of everyone in the alliance lol.

ML ended up choosing MC over his own clan, and yes, he had fought and injured clan members for the sake of protecting MC before.

Yes! Flute and guqin combo is one of the best, and I seriously died so hard when I found out just how well MC and ML match each other in this aspect~

!!! There's seriously so many amazing videos for this series. If you want a more comprehensive list, bilibili's 魔道祖师 tag is full of amazing creations. The fact that there's so many goes to show just how popular this novel is. Bewares of spending hours and hours there haha~

My personal favorite is this amazing video *^* The song, art, voice acting, just this entire collaboration video, everything is original and created by the fans. You'll get spoiled for some of the major plot points that happen in the novel, but since we are in the spoiler thread, I'm guessing that's not going to be an issue. The character designs are incredibly beautiful, and it's the biggest influence on how I personally visualize how they look.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 9 others like this.
  10. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    kyaaa *faints* thank you!!! ....you are the best <3 *gives ice cream cookies*!!!!!!!!!
    poor ml he really liked the mc :( ...how come the clan didnt kick him out after this?....does his brother aprove of their relatonship?

LoveManga likes this.
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the mastermind? And who is the guy dressed in yellow that have a red something on his forehead? Is the MC afraid of dogs?
    If it's so popular then why isn't there any manhwa? (And that's not sarcasm) :cry: I wish Legendary master wife is as popular as well

LoveManga, NA2Z and alexfilia like this.
  12. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to know that before the event where ML actively fought his clan members, he was an upright, rule-abiding youth, the epitome of the perfect example that everyone else looked up to. How his clan feels about ML is pretty much what his brother once told MC: "The only mistake he (ML) ever made in his life, was you."

Another reason is that after that event, ML went back to the clan willingly to receive his punishment, and he was severely punished. It wouldn't have been strange for him to die from it, and he was bedridden and in solitary confinement for three years after. By the time he healed, MC had already died, so basically there was no reason for the clan to kick him out. It was really tragic, b/c the first thing ML found out after coming out was news of MC's death, and then he went and got piss drunk for the first time in his life.

From the quote above, you might think that ML's brother doesn't approve of their relationship, but his brother was probably the first person to approve (though silently). He knows how important MC is to ML and it's obviously how much he wants ML to be happy. In fact, he was one of the people who thought that MC and ML were already together long before they actually got together, haha~

Jin GuangYao. MC and ML actually started suspecting him around halfway through the novel I think.

If you're talking about from the video I linked, there were two guys in yellow with a red dot on their forehead. The first guy is Jin Ling and the second is Jin GuangYao.

Yes, MC is terrified of dogs. There's a lot of scenes where he hides behind ML b/c there's a dog and calls for ML to help him, it's so cute~

Well, I have my fingers crossed for what'll be released this year so... I don't think The Legendary Master's Wife is as popular in Chinese fandom purely based on quantity of fanworks I've found, but of course, there's probably a lot of sites that I don't know of. But I'm fairly sure the TLMW is a lot more popular compared to TFoD in the English speaking community b/c there's a lot more translated chapters.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, Amaunett and 11 others like this.
  13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the relationship between Jin Ling and Jin GuangYao? Father and son? And JGY is the mastermind of what, exactly?

LoveManga likes this.
  14. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin Ling is Jin GuangYao's (and also Jiang Cheng's) nephew.

The mystery that MC and ML set off to solve is who the ferocious left arm (the one that rampaged in Mo XuanYu's village) belonged to, and who killed him so they can make it rest in peace. There's a lot of other subplots that MC and ML discover during their journey, and in the end, they realize that a lot of things were tied to a single mastermind behind the scenes. Jin GuangYao is pretty much the final boss of this novel.

LoveManga, xBubblex, Blood A and 7 others like this.
  15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Was the young master Mo really gay?

LoveManga likes this.
  16. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as anyone knows, yes. MC quite shamelessly used this fact to his advantage quite a few times.

LoveManga, xBubblex, Blood A and 5 others like this.
  17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :whistle:Can you give examples?

LoveManga likes this.
  18. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    One of them I think you've mentioned before. It was how in order to escape from Jiang Cheng, MC said that even if he's gay, it's not like any man would do, and that Jiang Cheng was definitely out and he preferred guys like ML.

After MC got dragged to ML's sect, he used the fact that everyone knew he was gay and liked ML's type and did a bunch of shameless things that could definitely be interpreted in that way in order to get kicked out. MC hadn't realized ML knew who he was, so he also tried to scare/anger ML with ambiguous actions for the same purpose.

There was another scene that was quite hilarious, and it was basically MC teasing Jin Ling for the heck of it b/c that's the kind of person MC is. MC had just rescued an unconscious Jin Ling and put him on a bed to rest. Jin Ling wakes up while MC is trying to change his clothes and freaks out while yelling, "I'm not gay!". MC naturally replies with, "But I am!"

19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG. Btw, can you tell me the implication of the headband in ML's sect?

LoveManga likes this.
  20. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a spoiler request -- well, kinda -- but I need halp... The raw link on niiselin's site (http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2368172) locks the chapters to VIP status after around 25 or so. Is there any way around it or some other site I can use? My Chinese is limited to piecing together Google Translate lol. Thanks!

XiaoFei likes this.