LCD The Grandmaster Strategist

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *whistles innocently*

chopin124 likes this.
  2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not hanged by the cliff tho..
    If you havent noticed how jiang zhe's plot armor is like thicker than 2 great walls of china combined, then you arent reading this right..
    Theres already too many, "jiang zhe's life is hanging on the balance" or something like that... and plot armor always made its way to rescue him everytime...
    Getting hit by an arrow in the heart? Check
    Getting suffocated under the bed? Check
    That Illness erupting? Check
    Getting stabed by a spear?... triple check.

Sawcrot, chopin124, jkmessah and 2 others like this.
  3. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg lmao
    We shall now add being speared in the back to his repertoire XD
    Well if JZ dead then the title won't be the grandmaster strategist anymore lol

I wasn't really worried either but was curious as how it will play
    I hate that a no name soldier wounded him, he ain't even worthy >_>

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR!!! :cry:
    Why this cliff?!?!

Just started the series on Thursday... and now that I'm finally caught up I encounter this massive cliff! OMG Need more! How is this series so low on the rankings, clearly deserves to be top 5.

5. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    The primary reason is that it's a feast, not fast/junk food. The plot is complicated and involves more exposition and speech than action. The characters are relatively fully fleshed.

6. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice chapter, for some reason I like how Jiang Zhe accepted that the conditions for his plan to work were miracously on their side (The will of the Universe? :D) him being self aware helps to get rid of that omniscient, plot armoured image he can give off sometimes...

I expected Li Shun to easily take down the military commander for some reason but I guess sowing discord between Northen Han and Southern Chu works too.

Poor, poor Wei Ying, at this point he feels more like a villain from a cartoon seeing as how his plans just keep falling apart "CURSE YOU Perry The Platypus! Jiang Zhe!!:D

Yeah, Jiang Zhe surviving is a given, in fact the one I worry most for now ,when the news gets out, is poor Changle :cry:. I wonder if Li Xian is gonna get blamed with negligence later on? Seeing as how Jiang Zhe is currently invaluable to Great Yong.

I like mindless violent Xianxia just as much as the next guy but seriously this novel has been a breath of fresh air, you don"t how happy it makes me to see a protagonist that is smart and actually proves it, rather than the author just continuously praising him. Thanks for translating this great novel for us @Tannhauser :)

7. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to be an intelligent scholar... then I got a spear to the back...

8. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    LOLOLOL.

v4c16 is out!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    jkmessah likes this.
  9. chopin124

Reading List:
    Link
    Rrruuun Li xian!!!
    Jiang Zhe the tax collector is coming for you~ xD

He was literally protected by plot 'armour'
    o_O

Thankee for the chapter~

ABMAINA and Chiaroscuro like this.
  10. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Marquis of Chu so it is likely that his future title will be Duke of Chu... Duke of An for Shen'er and Princess Roulan interesting way of binding the Jiang family to the Yong imperial clan...
    Wow what a way of avoiding another life threatening situation...
    Prince of Qing although he acts like an asshole i wonder what kind of game he is playing and what kinds of benefits would he gain...
    I wonder what else will be included in that edict apart of those titles unless JZ already knew of them...
    Also is it just or would Lin Bi and Li Xian make a perfect couple - I hope she doesn't die (although she likely will) and ends up being a wife/concubine of Li Xian, although it would be wierd as she would likely hate him or Yong...

11. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    That time when the plot armour was literal l mao

That one was an interesting thought although seems somewhat unlikely since lin bi was invested at the general (in terms of feeling and anything else)

Lucang better watch out, JZ won't let any grievances not avenged, although he's somewhat proud of him too lol

Li Xian! You're on JZ's mischief target! Runnn~

Interesting chapter, we gotta know the thoughts of the "villains"

ABMAINA likes this.
  12. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    After almost being assassinated once it'd make sense for him to wear armour (especially when he travels) kind of a simple answer but it makes sense.
    >_>
    Did the Lin Bi and Li Xian ship just sail out of the harbour? o_O is this the start of another pair of starcrossed lovers?

I think after the fengyi sect killed his mum, he's just been felt wronged since ever so he has this kind of mentality that the likes of Li Xian who had a fengyi sect member as their wife shouldn't recieve all this goodwill from the emperor, so feeling wronged and jealous (which combines together to make his asshole-ish kinda persona) is what makes up his character to me. I'm thinking that Northern Han are gonna find a way to use that to their advantage.

Yeah I liked that, it helps to make them not seem like one dimensional villains who we can easily hate on *coughs Fengyi Sect coughs* :D

jkmessah and Chiaroscuro like this.
  13. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I do agree with you that, it has a large part on his mothers death, but I also think that he may be scheming something behind the scenes as it was said that he had dealings with the devil sect (likely the moon branch) and how everything in the past allowed him to get that fief where the fengyi sect would be the first suspect if they tried assassinating him and how it all worked out in his favour due to his multiple actions before he was sent away. I think that although he has quite a good standing currently he may want more or it may be that he is just short sighted which I doubt because if he really hated fengyi sect he should have been the first one to ask Li Zhi to allow him to conquer southern Chu and kill his mothers killer/s...

ABMAINA likes this.
  14. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, fearing having to copy books over other types of punishments like beatings? Jing Chi reminds me of a child scared at the thought of doing any homework.

Well seeing as how he revealed the schism between him and Li Xian during the wedding and grabbing ceremony it's highly likely that Lin Bi will use that to her advantage and sow discord (or try to anyway) between them somehow.

jkmessah likes this.
  15. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose for a general, though it hurts to get 20 beatings, his strong physique would still help him recover rather fast with proper treatment... but to have to sit still and copy down books that he has no interest in would probably be living hell to him, especially when he was younger and more hotheaded. The trauma lingers...

I enjoyed the chapter today, JZ killed a few birds just by straightening out Jing Chi! :D
    I'm waiting for JZ to collect his debt...with interest!

I just noticed your short story... Where is World of Cultivation? Hahah surely you can fit it in there somehow!

ABMAINA likes this.
  16. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    poor jing chi he would rather be beheaded than forced to copy books

17. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Extreme ain't it?

Makes him a bit more adorable. Not a word I would usually use to describe a battle hardened war general... but eh!

18. chopin124

Reading List:
    Link
    huuuh... bloodthirsty eh...? I wonder, does anyone know if someone's attempted a three kingdoms strategy but with authoring books? xD
    (As in three different authors writing with the same rules, same world, just writing different sides of the story?) (Huge potential to be an absolute clusterfuck xD but if pulled off, could be one hell of an exciting read :3)

It's just that I sometimes wonder what would happen if The Grandmaster Strategist was just but one part of several books where the other books would focus on the P.O.V. of the main antagonists/ tragic heroes (or something like that)

Would we be feuding arguing how much Jiang Zhe is absolutely much better than the others? (smugface)
    xD

or that Li Shun is an absolutely terrifying enemy (ok we don't need other books to tell us that, we KNOW he's terrifying xD )

Sorry, random thought xD

*ahem* *obligatory yell for Jiang Zhe to get shit rolling* *sits and watches with popcorn and bated breath for the unification of the world* o_O

ABMAINA and weirdo like this.
  19. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    Jing chi: a great general of heaven that had gone through many bloody battles but is afraid of copying books xD
    Cant help that the carrot and sticks works so well on him, at this point he's like a tamed dog lolol

Revenge is always a cause and will always be a cause to get everything moving.

Long Tingfei was surprisingly arrogant. The continuous battle winnings seems to make him complacent. After this battle the complacent attitude will gone and long Tingfei would understand why Linbi wanted to kill jiangzhe so badly.

I really want to see ghost faced general vs. Li shun. But it wasn't likely for li shun to be separated with jiangzhe at times like this. Hmmm I think that scholar warrior will be used in the battle with ghostfaced general. It's funny how they're so sure of everything when anything could happen in a battle lol

ABMAINA likes this.
  20. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really enjoying all these tactics and battles not to mention the Military Camp atmosphere so far, court intrigue was interesting and all but some good' ol action is great too.

Copying Books/Homework>Beheading

Seems like Jing Chi has got his priorities straight:ROFLMAO:

Hopefully it'll be at the level where he would make ge proud:D

I'll get to making a more concise and revised edition of it one of these days...

>_>

He already accepted how much of a threat Jiang Zhe is since Zhe managed to counter his long term plan of sowing discord in the Yong court in just a few simple moves. Its like you said after he loses he'll probably place even more of a priority on Jiang Zhe.

Yeah that scholar warrior is definetley gonna be used since they're currently defending the supplies and Jing Chi's only downside as a general is that he sucks at defense. It'll be a nice surprise to Northen Han when they lose :D

Chiaroscuro and chopin124 like this.