LCD The Grandmaster Strategist

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, since I've been sick since Friday night, there's probably only going to be one chapter released tomorrow (barring a miracle recovery and I get another chapter translated today). I'll make up for it on Wednesday.

In addition, the chapters are getting longer, averaging 6k words, up from a previous average of 4.5-5k. v4c20, which I just finished translating, is nearly 7k words in length ...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Linbe, jkmessah and Chiaroscuro like this.
  2. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your hard work Tann! Hope you'll recover soon :)

3. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do rest and recover well. xD Just when I finally start to catch up, you start releasing at a daily rate. Jesus, how do you translate a series of this difficulty that fast, and at such quality? @__@

I still haven't caught up yet, but I must say, I so far quite appreciate the portrayal of the Fengyi Sect in this story. Being a girl myself, I like competent women in stories, but I also think it's silly to try to white-wash them just because they're women. The women of the Fengyi Sect aren't problematic because of strength, intelligence or even Confucian values. They're problematic because they're bitches. With that sort of attitude, it doesn't matter if they're male or female. xD

In particular, they seem way too eager to support a weak monarch just for the sake of control. They claim that it's for the sake of the people, but that's bullshit. If they really cared for the people, they would aim for a situation where both they and the monarch are virtuous. A virtuous monarch would not turn down advice and support. The fact that they have to prop up someone incompetent just shows their own incompetence, hunger for power and lack of true good will.

... I Seriously need to catch up. (this isn't exactly the sort of story you want to speed through though, I want to slowly enjoy it xP )

jkmessah and Sawcrot like this.
  4. weirdo

weirdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the author of the novel is a woman, so I think she would know quite a bit about it. But this is also portrayed in an era where women were expected to be the caretaker of the household (the four womanly virtues). So the fact that they Fengyi Sect is even as powerful as it is comes off as a bit of a surprise, but I'm sure the author wrote them exactly how she did to demonstrate that lofty goals don't make for good people, regardless of gender.

I should note here that the chapters get ridiculously long as the novel goes on. In the last volume, there are chapters that have over 10k Chinese characters.

Tannhauser, Chiaroscuro and chopin124 like this.
  5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, the author is a woman, I forgot that for a while. xD But the thing I like here is that (so far at least), although there is a case made for traditional virtuous women, the argument is also applicable to men. Jiang Zhe himself said that he wants All his children to lead simple, happy lives, which is made more convincing by the fact that he too, wanted to lead a simple, happy life. He doesn't want Roulan to end up as the concubine of a man with several wives, and he only wants to have one wife as well. Also, I don't get the impression that he's attached to traditions just for the sake of traditions, but he's attracted to virtue in itself: he didn't care that Piaoxiang was a courtesan and all that jazz. In fact, he respected her for her art. He just cared that Piaoxiang herself was a good person.

I don't think Jiang Zhe would have had a problem with the women from Fengyi Sect if they were just powerful and smart, really. The problem was how they used it. xD

chopin124 likes this.
  6. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get well soooon!!!!

D:

*scolds microbes for illness*
    *yells at immune system to get their shit together*
    *gets cold* -.-

jkmessah likes this.
  7. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    Get well soon @Tannhauser and @chopin124

Whoa, I didn't think lixian will handle things personally woot
    FIRST VICTORY AHEAD

Ouch, that suicide squad feel was real.
    And talking about suicide... RIP the rest of lixian's general's
    Jiangzhe never let any misgivings unavenged lol

Tannhauser, jkmessah and chopin124 like this.
  8. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Tannhauser likes this.
  9. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. weirdo

weirdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all. If you saw the posting error, that would be my fault. I should have double-checked to make sure that Tann had posted the entire chapter. I also don't know if we'll post a chapter tomorrow, since Tann hasn't translated anything and is still sick.

@Broosk managed to post the chapter, but I really should have. However, he posted the unedited chapter. I found what the problem was (for those of you who want to know: the biography was closed by div instead of p so it resulted in just the biography being published) and have posted the edited version.

Also, thanks @Broosk.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Tannhauser and josh_15 like this.
  11. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm late to the party but...
    @Tannhauser get well soon!!!
    We will be patient readers/leechers!

I feel like Deja Vu when I read that last chapter though... When Tan Ji asked his subordinate if he wanted to leave since hr was young... I swear I saw that before...

Tannhauser likes this.
  12. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in some chinese drama maybe? it's not uncommon in this genre

13. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the well wishes! I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better!

Anyways, there's going to be one chapter tonight and tomorrow, and two chapters on TGIF.

Sawcrot, ABMAINA, chopin124 and 3 others like this.
  14. chopin124

Reading List:
    Link
    Willkommen zurück! :D

Thankee for the chapter!!! Hope you're feeling much much better :3

Sooo... this chapter paves way for a Grandmaster Strategist musical? :3

Not particularly a fan that they're saying percussion beats brass -.- :)3 despite being a pianist) (and yes, I know it's not the actual horn instrument but a warhorn) xD

Now the two armies need to break into dance to finally show, which army can truly bust a move to shake the heavens :3 (I think I'd like to read a story about that xD)

15. Rizkyfw

Rizkyfw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanx for the chapter and get well soon.
    it's always a blessing to start my morning with a dose of The Grandmaster Strategist

16. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    @weirdo I honestly thought that it was some sort of a teaser and was originally meant to be that way orz /fail

JZ: *Sleep no Jutsu*
    Xs: omigosh he must be thinking about something "deep"
    I just can't XD

Now we can add " fainting to exhaustion from beating a war drum" to jiangzhe's sickness repertoire xD
    Our mc is lucky but unlucky at the same time

Hmmm i'd like it if the youth joined yong army but that wasn't likely. Also, anoyher mysterious man! Dun dun dun dun~~

@Tannhauser glad to hear you're feeling better! Thank you for the extra chapters and can't wait for it \o/

17. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    A happy family reunion is always nice to see...
    And that action at the by Chengle... I have now a new level of respect for her...

jkmessah likes this.
  18. chopin124

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankee for the chapter~

Phew, another imperial harem struggle o_O
    Is Li zhi distancing himself from the harem to avoid his edicts being stolen? XD

Aaand Princess Changle doling out punishment when punishment is due :3
    Jiang Zhe is going to become shadow emperor and Changle shadow empress xD

Wonder if li kang's being manipulated somehow... since changle's entered the battle, Jiang Zhe will no doubt step up to help when needed...

19. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    v22 felt like I was translating a palace harem story. Princess Changle was pretty ruthless, acting under orders to kill Concubine Sima.

Li Kang's situation will be revealed in c24.

jkmessah likes this.
  20. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    dont tell me that Li Kangs mother is actually alive and it was a framed death and is being held as a hostage against him... i would be quite surprised if it was actually something along those lines...