LCD The Grandmaster Strategist

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Cheers.

2. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, it is rare for any story to have 100% interesting chapters. Even in my favourite series, there'd be slow moments where the story feels like it just trudges along (though sometimes it's because it's setting up something interesting for the future), but unlike many Xianxia stories with repetitive plot structures, the good stories will pick up again once they've finished setting things up.

Though that said, I think the latest chapters are just fine. xD

3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    meh he must be someone who read mc who kill everyone he met and bang every girls etc

4. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sry im not harem trash novel lover, and i hate typical CN, dont assume sht

this gets boring for me because everything has good result for mc, everyone work for him just magically loyal since the start

if u ignore the part that he is suppose to be an "intellectual" mc, what are the differences between this novel and typical CN? the way that everything he does will be good, all followers willing to die for him, and some other typical settings.

5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be nice guys, everybody has their own preferences. xD

@congvthc Though, regarding everything turning out well for him... his first student is now his enemy, the first general he served sent assassins against him, the 'friend of his heart' *cough* is actually a guy who came to assassinate him, etc. Also, the series doesn't hide the fact that the means he uses to achieve the 'greater good' are often quite despicable. Conversely, a number of his opponents, for example for Northern Han, are portrayed as quite decent people who are just trying to protect their own people. Some of his opponents were also quite crafty and nearly succeeded in having him killed off.

I personally do think that the aspect where this series lacks some balance is how Jiang Zhe is able to mass-produce talents so fast, but that aside, I can somewhat get the loyalty aspect. If you recall, this is ancient China. Education isn't widespread, you can't look up just whatever on the internet etc. In other words, true talents, especially ones with experience, are rare and would tend to stand out more (and conversely be relied upon and consulted more, which results in those individuals hoarding experience).

As for what's different compared to a typical CN novel... well, perhaps cultivating one's way up to success, and plotting one's way to success feels the same to you? It doesn't feel the same to many of us, plus I like Jiang Zhe's down-to-Earth personality, but I guess it's personal preferences. xD

chopin124 likes this.
  6. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey folks, the chapter scheduled for today will be delayed until next week. My head's spinning from everything that has happened and I'm evaluating my options. Whatever happens, a decision will be made over the weekend. I plan on going back to daily chapters soon, just need a short break to recharge.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    chopin124, Mizura and DeathStroke96 like this.
  7. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take care! :)
    Besides, I would like to think that fan translators are allowed to take a weekend off. xD

chopin124 likes this.
  8. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear readers:

It is with the utmost regret, and after much thought and soul searching, that I have ultimately decided that it is time to move on. Gravity Tales gave me the platform to allow my translation to reach a wider audience and hone my skills. For that, I cannot but thank the Gravity staff for giving me a place to call home, a place to experience the tight-knit translation community that I originally was only able to gaze at from afar. I also cannot thank my readers enough for enjoying and supporting The Grandmaster Strategist. Without Gravity Tales and these readers, all of the work and dedication into my translation would have been impossible. I truly believed that I would finish translating all 224 chapters of The Grandmaster Strategist on Gravity Tales.

Unfortunately, things have happened in the last several days that have made me question my dedication to Gravity Tales. I no longer feel that I can continue on Gravity Tales personally or professionally. To be honest, there have been moments these last several days where I have deeply questioned whether I should even continue translating, having lost the drive and motivation to work on The Grandmaster Strategist. That I have been able to pull through is only through the help of my colleagues both within and without Gravity Tales, readers everywhere, and my determination to finish the novel that I started to translate.

With this, Gravity Tales and I have come to a parting of ways. There is a Chinese saying, “天下没有不散的宴席.” Figuratively, “all good things must come to an end.” With this, I reluctantly and sorrowfully announce the departure of The Grandmaster Strategist from Gravity Tales and the move to WuxiaWorld. As I go, I would like to express my deepest thanks to GGP and Deceptioning for bringing me to Gravity Tales, to all of the lovely people who are or have been a part of Gravity Tales, and lastly to my readers, because without you, what’s the point of translating?

With much love and the deepest of affection,

Tannhäuser

P.S. Until the move is completed, I will leave the chapters of The Grandmaster Strategist up. Also, there will be two chapters released tomorrow to coincide with the move to WuxiaWorld.

---

Hello all,

You’re probably wondering who’s talking now that Tann’s is done. Well, it’s his editor, weirdo or hweirdo. I’ve been reading light novels/webnovels on and off for over 4 years now, and the only novel I really got sucked into and had the drive to edit was Tann’s Grandmaster Strategist translation. So thanks to him and VideoMantic (head of the editors) I applied to Gravity Tales and became sole editor for Tannhäuser. And because of this I had the fortune to work on novels I loved reading. And I also got to be part of a great community.

But let me put some rumors to rest. 1) We are not moving because of money. 2) It has nothing to do with Qidian. 3) There is no internal strife. There have been no hard feelings on either side. In my opinion, the mass exodus is mostly a chain reaction.

And yes, this is all due to aliens. It’s an alien conspiracy. With unicorns. And the Illuminati. They’re all involved! Oh! I almost forgot about the Chaos Gods and the Cthulhu Mythos. (Note from Tannhäuser: I, for one, worship Grandpa Nurgle!)

Anyways, I’ll still be around as an editor on Gravity Tales. You’ll probably never notice me though. ;_;

Signing off,

weirdo (hweirdo)

9. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^well @Tannhauser at least with your addition to wuxiaworld, there will be fine an official wuxia being translated at wuxiaworld...(not counting the already completed wuxia there)

Good luck with your new venture at ww

10. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    @DeathStroke96 LOL, that is so true!

Thanks for your well wishes!

DeathStroke96 likes this.
  11. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tannhauser You don't need to sound so upset. Most of us readers are loyal to you as the translator of The Grandmaster Strategist, not to Gravity Tales (though kudos to it for bringing us so many great series). No matter which site you translate on, we'll always be grateful for the great translations you have provided us. :D

12. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    @Mizura Thanks! I'm just bummed at how things turned out. I didn't have any intentions of moving three days ago and then I learned things that made it impossible for me to continue on Gravity. :(

13. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We notice you hweirdo senpai xD
    (soz for the otherlandly honorific :p)

We thank you both for your terrific work on TGS!!

14. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this sounds selfish but as long as I can read TGS *shrug*

Also take your time, translating is such a tedious work lol if I'm around your place i'd buy you a coffee or two xD

15. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmn... well, as a reader, I don't really mind if which site you want to go as long as it's free (leecher mode lol) and the translation is on going. And as long as you still enjoy what you're doing, then by all means. As someone that respects and loves both WW and GT, somehow, I can only pray and hope that there wont be any bad blood trailing behind. There are a lot of speculations going around and I'm sure it will be cleared one day. If not, then let it be. What happens, happens.

So thanks a bunch for introducing me to GTS. It's really a great novel! Keep up the enthusiasm (for both you Tann and Hweirdo)!

16. fireutsie

fireutsie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't access the chapters on GT anymore :(

17. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Their being moved to wuxiaworld

18. fireutsie

fireutsie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup thanks for the notice, they are all on WXW now.

19. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah-hahah! The latest chapter was pretty cute! xD

Jiang Zhe: Yoo-hoo! I'm here! Come and get me!
    *enemies*: Get him! Capture him alive!
    *an enemy commander*: Eat my arrows!
    Jiang Zhe: *summons Xiaoshunzi*
    Xiaoshunzi has blocked the attack!
    Jiang Zhe: Yoo-hoo! That guy there! Go and get him! 100 gold!
    Friendly soldiers: Get him! Capture him alive!
    Enemy commander: ... crap.

chopin124 and Anon Ymous like this.
  20. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you started off in wuxia world forum, that was a surprise to me when you put chaptere in GT, finally wuxia world have something to merits his name

Tannhauser likes this.