LCD The Grandmaster Strategist

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* Wth, there's a huge thread now on the so-called 'drama' with Gravity Tales. I had a quick look but couldn't even bother to read more than a few pages. It's full of just speculations.

@Tannhauser Are you alright? To most of us readers, whatever is happening is at most a drama session, but I know it must be much harder for you translators and for the people at GT: the ties you've formed and the time you spent there must mean something much more personal to you. I personally have no intention to pry, but I hope you're not being negatively affected by all this drama. You've obviously put a lot of thought into your decision, so I hope you can ignore the drama and do what you've decided to do. Whatever you decide from now on, we'll respect your choices.

2. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again, has nothing to do with feeling that Gravity is a sinking ship or looking for more money. To put it simply, I do not make money from translating and I was more than happy to continue on Gravity.

However, things have occurred that made me that translating, which has been a hobby of mine, feel like a job that I hated. That's not why I started translating. It fucking blows to feel that way. That's why I decided that I could not continue with Gravity.
    Thanks all! :D Glad you're all enjoying TGS!

Hard to think that I picked it to translate completely randomly, LOL.
    LMAO. That's basically what happened.
    I've come full circle. :p Being the only wuxia novel being translated on WuxiaWorld is kind of hilarious.
    I'm doing better. For a few days, I completely lost the motivation to translate and even contemplated quitting. It sucks what happened (unfortunately, I can't really explain since it's a lot of it is between GGP and hyorinmaru, doubledd, and RWX; and it's best if I leave it to them to explain). Anyways, I'm determined to move past it and finish TGS.

Everyone's support means a lot. It's been motivating me to continue.

Chiaroscuro likes this.
  3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    urg please finish tgs, this is worse than the previous joke with princess changle

4. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, I'm not even curious what happened. A lot of things can happen when a group of friends are working together, it's not necessarily something particularly insightful.

Heh, when he first started with "It is with the utmost regret", I was thinking "he's going to stop translating? Aww..."
    Then it turned out that the full message was "It is with the utmost regret that I'm informing you that I'm moving."

Hope you like the new place! xD

5. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    It's gonna take a while for me to get used to seeing TGS in the WW site format :D

6. weirdo

weirdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all your support! Much appreciated.

ABMAINA, chopin124 and Chiaroscuro like this.
  7. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    who are you? you sounds like hweirdo? but why your name is weirdo? this is weird!
    volume 5 chapter 10 looks like a way to flaunt jz skills to more people

8. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    It took me 2-3 hours yesterday to work with WordPress to get a release out. :mad:

9. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuuuu su qing!!! D:

10. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cliffhangeeeeeerrrr! But she's still alive Now so she probably won't die at the start of the next chapter. It wouldn't surprise me if Jiang Zhe half-anticipated this and sent back-up already.

In the meantime, Jiang Zhe continues his bad habit of wanting to collect people. It's a bit like a Pokemon game: you try to whittle down the opponent's health and capture him, but if you accidently kill him, drats! xD

I enjoyed the interactions by the way. I like how the author doesn't portray all the Northern Han folks as bad people. Duan Lingxiao doesn't seem to be such a bad guy, it's just that his value, 'loyalty', clashes with Su Qing's, which is 'Why the heck should I give a f*ck about a country that's only wronged me?' None of them are wrong.

chopin124 likes this.
  11. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    volume 5 chapter 11
    me: planned to read random novel first and finish with TGS
    me: open TGS link
    me: FUUUUUUUUUUUU*k i read tgs first !!!

Su qing, don't die !! second favorite girl after changle

12. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Cliffhanger galore... I wonder how Su Qing is gonna get out of this one~

I am of the belief that even the developers of wordpress don't fully understand how to use it either:D

Anon Ymous likes this.
  13. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First 5-6 chapters of Volume 5: It was great to see the changing dynamics in Northern Han's military. I was kind of surprised to see that Jiang Zhe's original plan wasn't to get rid of Long Tingfei's arms, but just to sow discord between him and his generals. But that's cool too, since that just means more credit to Su Qing.

Volume 5 Chapters 7-8: Pretty surprising to see that the Prince of Qing was actually trained by the Devil Sect and has their support. I find it kind of funny how he hates the Fengyu Sect but is willing to cooperate with the Devil Sect xD but in any case, Jiang Zhe's operatives are going to screw him up so bad.

14. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Above Roulan? BLASPHEMY!

15. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 5 Chapter 9: I really feel as though Jiang Zhe thinks Qiu Yufei can be quite a threat/nuisance if he was able to return. I mean, I know that it was said that Jiang zhe detained him out of friendship, but there's no way that's the only reason. Cause at the end of the day, they are both enemies, even if he was detained now, it is only temporary. In the end, Jiang Zhe and the Devil Sect will likely clash heads, and they will be enemies once more, so I'm more inclined to think that detaining Qiu Yufei is to simply make things easier for the invasion of Northern Han.

At the very least, he has a better use for him. Instead of having him fight them as a member of the enemy forces, why not have him fight against the enemy? At least, that might be what Jiang Zhe has planned. He might use him to attack Southern Chu or something.

Volume 5 Chapter 10: It was a pretty interesting twist to find out that the Northern Han had managed to build up a navy to prepare a naval defence against Great Yong's own naval troops. I'm surprised that Su Qing didn't manage to see that. I wonder if she will be punished or reprimanded somehow after all of this is over. Also, that bromance between Jiang Zhe and Xiaoshunzi <3

Volume 5 Chapter 11: NOOO, SU QING! Xiaoshunzi better come out next chapter and save her. T_T

16. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 5 Chapter 11: YAAAS. I knew Jiang Zhe had planned for the assault. Thankfully he had promptly sent help to protect Su Qing. Phew :)

Shame that they couldn't kill or capture the Devil Sect's head disciple though. Would have made for an interesting turn of events. Oh well, I'm sure there will come a day when he meets his end.

Oh? Was Su Qing a disciple of the Fengyi Sect? I had thought that Jiang Zhe had trained her as one of his agents before ... guess I forgot about how they interacted with one another, and how they didn't seem to have had that sort of connection.

17. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huyan Shouuuuuuu xD

Agreed, Roulan is obvs the most important character xD (can't wait to see her pull JZ's hair again :3 )

Thankee for the chapter~~

weirdo likes this.
  18. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone kind enough to explain to me who is Su Qing? I stopped read this from v4c25 to stock my novels supply for easter break but everyone keep mentioning Su Qing...
    really curious rn

19. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I can gather, Su Qing is one of the Great Yong agents sent to Northern Han to be a spy. In the first handful of chapters of Volume 5, she plays a pretty important role, though at that time, her (cover) name was Dai Qing or something like that. But yeah, the readers get attached to her during those chapters.

Sawcrot likes this.
  20. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    She's the Emei Qingshan, a martial artist, who is named alongside the Golden Bow Zhangusn, Silver Bow Wastrel, etc; she serves as the head of Great Yong's spy network in Northern Han.

Sawcrot likes this.