LCD The Grandmaster Strategist

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am interested to see if he can actually survive this.
    Another note I am proud of Li Zhi for his patience. He will get his payout now that very thing is coming together.

2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more like all of the fengyi sects women is the ennemies, they act like they own the world

3. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I was thinking that if he was gonna die then he might as well out himself as a sly and propose being a double agent for the Fengyi Sect, as a last resort and at least this way he'd have a 50/50 chance of being alive.

Yeah I was just saying that even if Xia Jinyi did say that he was a spy for Jiang Zhe it wouldn't be very credible since he hasn't had any contact with Jiang Zhe and has proven himself "trustworthy" (kinda ironic lol)

Cohran likes this.
  4. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xia Jinyi and Li Hanyou definitely know each other. If I remember correctly, their relationship should be revealed shortly.
    Actually, no one (aside from Jiang Zhe's group) knows that Xia Jinyi is a spy. Even if he claimed to be a spy, practically no one would believe him. The way he was inserted into the crown prince's faction was quite flawless. In addition, he has had no contact with Jiang Zhe or any of Jiang Zhe's subordinates, and has not done anything that would be typical behavior for a spy. The only thing that he has done is curry favor and be a sycophant. All of the discord sown because of his presence is actually collateral damage and not directly from his actions.

Cohran, ABMAINA and jkmessah like this.
  5. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    In that case, it truly is flawless on Jiang Zhe's part. He takes Sun Tzu's Art of War to the next level.
    "Know thy enemy" --> He knows the crown prince so well that he doesn't even need a proper spy, just a sycophant that will let him indulge in his desires. Just with that, he created a crack with Fengyi Sect, Lu Jingzhong and maybe now the Kongtong Sect as well. Really murder without blood.
    Xia Jinyi himself was a really good choice of personnel cause he's actually smart enough to know when to go strong and when to back down. Like leaving Xiao Lan a way out.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Cohran likes this.
  6. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, that's why Jiang Zhe is so terrifying. He's so sinister and he has no limits. Working behind the scenes on behalf of Li Zhi perfectly suits his talents (as long as we ignore his poetic ability, his ability to somehow teach even the worst students, and his multitude of other skills).

Cohran, ABMAINA and jkmessah like this.
  7. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh completely forgot about Zhang Jinxiong there, Xiao Lan and Li Hanyou being put in their place by the Crown Prince was satisfying to read although Xia Jianyi is now on Li Hanyou's radar I think.

So not only has their been discord sown between the Concubine Lan and Lu Jingzhong (thanks to Li Hanyou) but now even the Crown Princess and maybe Zhang Jinxiong (who's head of the imperial guards iirc) harbour some of resentment/misgivings towards the her... looks like the Fengyi Sect are being slowly alienated from people they could've used as chess pieces to suit their needs.

8. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    because they are selfish, only wishing for their own gains and treating others as pawns, they harm innocent people for their benefits but i am repeating myselfs for awhile now

9. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Xia Jinyi. (n)

10. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit just got real. Poor Xia Jinyi.

11. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, right now, there is nothing that the Fengyi Sect can do to make me like them. :mad:

12. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this you talking after translating the next chapter? :p
    Then I suppose the writer has done a good job! Now we can wholeheartedly hate Fengyi Sect!

13. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    They sounded pretty noble earlier on in v2c1, but my opinion of them has decreased with each chapter that has passed.

14. Plural

Plural Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fenyi Sect are bullies!

15. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Urgh...Just when you thought that you couldn't hate the Fengyi Sect any more than you already do this chapter gets released...

jkmessah likes this.
  16. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    The Grandmaster Strategist Volume 3, Chapter 4

what should i write now, i have already guess the fengyi sect is rotten to the core...
    maybe i should summon some xianxia mc with a certain r*pe and torture fetish?

17. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    The fates of some of the Fengyi Sect women are pretty bad.

18. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya know, as much as I don't blame Qin Qing, it really shows that who you marry can determine your fate. Marry a bad wife and the whole family can go down with you (vice versa of course). Honestly, I can't blame Qin Qing entirely as he knows that his wife is smarter and in general... he's a newlywed husband enamored with his new wife, who wouldn't listen to her?

Poor naive boy.

19. Tannhauser

Reading List:
    Link
    Qin Qing doesn't know the dangers of the jianghu (江湖险恶).

20. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I always had a thought that Jiang Yong would be an ally sooner or later... perhaps this set of events will be the start of an alliance?

Well seeing as how he's been raised in an upright household and trained to join the military, it's expected that he wouldn't know the dangers of Jianghu, I mean in Wuxia Jianghu is always made up of conniving characters that resort to all sorts of tricks and methods to win fights as opposed to a traditional battle a soldier would take part in. In fact my one of my favourite parts of this novel so far was chapter 20 in Volume 2... famous people from Jianghu poping up from nowhere like ninjas is one of my favourite Wuxia cliches.