LCD The Great Conqueror

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jackfrost2139, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Jackfrost2139

Jackfrost2139 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been reading this for awhile and see it has potential so I felt I should spread the word

Cool novel too

2. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    enlighten me as to how the equipment stats work exactly if you know
    like wth does 1-3 and 2-3 mean?

3. YaFedImYaEatIm

YaFedImYaEatIm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Note number 3 on Chapter 4 [3. This should be defence range. For example in games when someone attacks and you have defence range 5-12 you can block a minimum of 5 damage and a maximum of 12.]

4. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    So isn't it the same? 1-3 and 2-3 will block max 3dmg, while minimum shouldn't matter, like in 2-3 it wouldn't be like you get damaged by 1atk points?
    Also I get database error, when trying to access the translators page, zenithnovels.com and am wondering is this just with me or everyone and if it's only me how do I resolve it?

5. YaFedImYaEatIm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes that is true however if you play games how this often works is ever single attack you receive has a chance to block between 5 - 12 damage so sometimes you'll only block 5 or 6 and others you may block 12. In terms on the novels world think of it in terms of a bow lets say, if you full draw you can get 12 damage however when you're rapid firing or you don't have the time to prepare a full draw you'll only be doing the lower range damage.

And about the site, we became popular a bit too fast which is crashing our servers :(. The administrator is trying his best to fix that.

6. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the translator ever transition into actually translating names in this series? Really annoying to read it in broken pinyin.

7. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this considered the same as coiling dragon in it being a western fantasy genre? Cause if not I think it's fine the way it is

8. YaFedImYaEatIm

Reading List:
    Link
    The genre is undefined as the author has created his own universe rather than going by the cultures we have on Earth if not slightly towards the Chinese cultural side as alas the author himself is Chinese and it will rub off in some way or another.

It is not specified where the setting is set but however it is not logical translating most of these names to English as later in the story many of the names no longer translate to English. Not to mention that the manhua translations are in this format as well as the previous poll by the previous translator. I have also mentioned this in one of my very early translation notes as well.

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Are the non-English names Elvish? German? Esperanto? Russian?

10. YaFedImYaEatIm

Reading List:
    Link
    The names are English and Chinese and Chinglish if that makes sense.

11. AwwGasm

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I saw the note but I wanted to know if it eventually changed and maybe the early chapters were just left as is. I know both languages so the way the names are in pinyin are really grating and I can hear it resounding in broken pinyin in my head everytime I read it. It doesn't need to be English specifically but it would have been nice if the names had interpreted logically and smoothly. Ya Se > Yasir, Ou Nisi Te > Ounist, etc, but I guess the fans who came over from the Manhua have spoken. The clan names aren't particularly creative either...

Anyway many thanks for your translations, I especially like translators who bother to place footnotes on their translation process and choices but the names are just too much for me.

12. YaFedImYaEatIm

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem :) as for the tribe names -.- I personally am not too much of a fan but it's not as if the Chinese do not have actual names for those animals. I was tempted to say he was mimicking western names but then Bisi Mai and Tianmei tribe came up and then more names started cropping up so in the end it's better to keep it in Chinese than wannabe half English.

As a translator I must try my best to retain author intent thus I also did not change the names in Chinese. In the future if the site allows it will, I maybe will try see if we can get a plugin so that we can have everything replaced with English for those who really wish to read in English but until the 600 chapters are over it will likely not happen. If it you want I can ask for a my glossary to be put up on the site.

13. AwwGasm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I can definitely see how it's a dilemma, but ultimately to me it just spells to me that the author didn't think his names through and can't plan ahead. It just becomes a mess of uninspired names that don't mesh and just sound weird together. I would however argue that the author intended certain names to be western in nature and is simply limited by Han Zi. A name like Tuo Ma Si is very obviously (to me) meant to be Thomas.

Anyway I'll check back after that the end in case the English name plugin ever comes to fruition, cheers!

14. Grimmvalky

Grimmvalky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't access the site

Dying.....

Xilphidae likes this.
  15. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    New site is always like this just be patient

16. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just starting reading this series.
    God, aint the translation make me confused.
    Bi er, lay in. etc.
    Why dont you just translate it to bear or lion directly.
    i just wanna know, if in the latest chp it changed?

17. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It stays like that in the latest chapters.

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    What's this song from ch 63 lol? Kind of funny.

For those who didn't check the TL notes:

19. YaFedImYaEatIm

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I forgot to mention the songs name is 忐忑 which means nervous or apprehension in English. As in what it is? I don't know really, I do not understand the Chinese musical culture much

Astaroth likes this.
  20. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is really interesting. Though it was a bit irritating at first with the weird names(Bi Er, etc.) one can get used to it soon and after that it becomes better than the english version.

Astaroth likes this.