Picked Up The Hero suddenly proposed to me, but...

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Yukkuri Oniisan, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno.... I haven't even touched the LN yet...
    The five books (bunkobon, since tankobon is expensive!) cost 3455 yen with 2500 yen shipping cost and the 15% book import tax surcharge...
    If someone fork me the money, I will read the books and answer your question :D (and translate it when 2018 came)

2. Manic Josei

Manic Josei 《Josei in a Shoujo's Clothing》

Reading List:
    Link
    The synopsis is interesting! I want to read it all now but my Japanese is still mediocre. I hope an angel would pick this.

3. LC

LC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds like fun, i agree.. up this thread :D

4. LC

LC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumping.... please pick this

5. LostBMe

LostBMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really feel like doing the whole thing but maybe to tempt someone to volunteer?:)

If you're not allowed to do this kind of thing here, please feel free to remove at will. And sorry, if it breaches any of your policies.

The Hero Asked me to Marry Him!?​

Author: Togashi Sei

The hero who had saved the beautiful princess from the demon king returns triumphantly. The hero proposed in front of the crowd, who anticipated the status quo proposal to the princess as they expected the two would fall in love with each other. He proposed…..to the princess lady-in-waiting “A”.

“I love you” he said.

“But, but,.. I..I’m just one of the mob characters!?” she replied.

This is a story about lady-in-waiting A, who was shoved into the limelight as the heroine of the story – even though she’s only a mob character.

This is being published by Alphapolis and forgive me for being so selfish but with this, I will withdraw “The Proposing Hero” chapters including all the side stories.

Prologue

The Proposing Hero
    Sir Hero’s Proposal
    Lady-in-waiting A’s dilemma
    The fairy tale continues – on the sidelines
    Situational Awareness ≠ A Clear Answer
    An Introduction to the Characters

The Engaged Hero
    Till Death Do We Part
    A Blessed….Nope, It was a Cursed Bracelet
    Kowtowing is a Foreign Custom
    The White Bishop
    Side Story: You’re….the Hero, right? Part 1
    Side Story: You’re….the Hero, right? Part 2
    The Revelation
    Let’s Get to the Hero
    The Hero’s Upbringing
    The Blessed Protection of the Fairies
    It Ain’t Easy Being a Hero Candidate
    I’m About to Give in to my Sympathy
    Mr. Frost, the Chancellor
    Looks like Someone’s Pulling the Strings from Behind the Scenes
    All right, Whatever
    A Chance Meeting under the Moon
    My Reply
    Uhhh, Maybe He’s a M?
    And…We’re Back at the Beginning
    A Day in My Life Beginning
    A Day in My Life Ending
    Side Story: Obstacles Keep Popping Up, Forever
    Side Story: Magic Resistance Stats and A Comedy Routine
    Side Story: The World’s Blessing

The Battling Hero
    A Nasty Socialite is a Given
    The Faeries and I
    When You Change Your Surroundings, An Event Will Occur

From this point on - only look if you're ok with funny grammar (spelling, tense going weird, etc.)
    Prologue​

The Princess of the Great Kingdom of Schwaltze, renowned for her beauty, was abducted by the Demon King.

The King immediately dispatched his soldiers to rescue the princess but before the mighty powers of the demons, they were mercilessly defeated.

Left with no other alternatives, the King decided to ask for the help of the Hero who was said to have been chosen by a revelation of the Goddess.

After inviting them to the castle, the King asked the Hero’s party, “Please, please, save the princess. I will, of course, promise to reward you all with whatever you request.”

“All right. I shall save the princess even if it should cost me my life.” Nodded the Hero in reply. He was an unbelievably handsome, with his blue-eyes and blond hair.

And he wasn’t the only one.

The members of his party, the wizard, the elf, the woman warrior, the priest and the woman thief were all incredibly beautiful such that they would never go unnoticed in a crowd.

Huh? By their looks? Are they chosen by their looks?

All those present, the Chancellor, the Ministers, and the lady-in-waiting A, had the same thought echoing in their head.

But apparently, on top of being good looking, they were a party with top notch skills as well.

The Hero’s party left while being cheered on enthusiastically by the people of the kingdom - especially by the women . And a short time after, they returned after successfully rescuing the princess.

On top of which, they even defeated the Demon King.

“Ahhhh! Many thanks for successfully rescuing the Princess!” said the King happily, after his joyful reunion with his daughter.

“I speak no lies to you. I shall grant you your wishes!”

The crowd that gathered in the hall, waited in great anticipation.

The princess who was said to be the most beautiful woman in the three kingdom and the hero who rescued her from the hands of the Demon King.

As they stood side by side, it was as if they were a scene from a painting, so beautiful, they were together. Everyone thought they looked natural together.

No doubt the two had fallen in love, just like a fairy tale. It was impossible to believe that they wouldn’t fall in love.

So the hero would no doubt ask for the princess’s hand as his reward.

And the two will marry and live happily ever after. Yes, undoubtedly, this is what would happen.

Upon hearing the King’s words, the hero said onto the king with heartfelt sincerity.

“Then, please, grant me your pardon for taking onto myself a single flower from this kingdom,” said the hero, his eyes wavered in the light, from shade of green to blue.

HE SAID IT!

Thought everyone. Of course, the flower could only mean the princess, in this case.

“Very well. Of course, you have my permission,” said the King as he nodded his consent.

“Of course,” said the Queen as she smiled widely.

“My thanks,” said the hero as he smiled gently at the King and Queen. With a graceful bow to the throne, he started walking towards the lady he loved.

He stopped in front of her and said, with all the love and gentleness showing in his eyes, “I love you. Please, will you be my wife?”

As he took hold of the princess’s lady-in-waiting “A”’s hand.

When reading, remember to add your own sweetness, it's missing a lot of sweetness. I think I dropped it in the translation somewhere.
    The Proposing Hero

Sir Hero’s Proposal​

Hello, how do you do?

I am called Ahlia, the lady-in-waiting A.

I am a daughter of a baron, and I serve as the lady-in-waiting to the second princess of Schwaltze, Princess Louise, as part of my training in etiquette.

It was just recently that the princess, who had been abducted by the Demon King, was saved by the Hero and returned safely to the castle.

A joyous event, undoubtedly.

It was worth all the prayers I offered daily to the goddess, wishing for her safe return.

However.

I do wonder what is going on with this situation, I find myself in currently.

In front of me, a man with such magnificent beauty that rays of holiness seem to emanate from him.

Sir Greed, the hero, for some unknown reason, took my hand into his and said,

“I love you. Please, will you be my wife?”

Everyone surrounding us was surprised.

The King was so shocked he has even stood up from his throne.

But I must be the one that was most surprised.

Weren’t you going to propose to the princess!?

In which case, why are you standing in front of me, holding my hand?

….Princess.

I came to my sense then.

That’s right. How shocking it must have been for the princess to see this scene. Because the hero she fell in love with is ignoring her and proposing to her lady-in-waiting.

Even as Sir Greed continued to hold on to my hand, I looked over his shoulder in the princess’s direction.

And what do you know?

The princess wasn’t even looking at us. She was staring intensely at the wizard of the hero’s party, the wizard with his black hair, brown eyes and of course, undeniable male beauty!

With a faint blush running across her cheeks, she had the looks of a maiden in love.

Wha…, what are you doing, passing over the hero and falling in love with the wizard!?

Falling into a state of panic, in my denial, I started to slide my glance to those around me. And I finally noticed.

All those who had gathered in the main hall were surprised at the situation, but the members of the hero’s party were unfazed by this.

In fact, they were all looking this way instead of being surprised.

“Do your best, Greed!”

“Yeah, man. Go for it! Don’t relent!”

“Now, be sure to let me conduct the wedding ceremony, please”

They seem to be cheering him on.

As an aside, they spoke in the order of the female warrior, the female thief and the priest (male).

After hearing them speak, I came to an understanding that for the hero’s party, this was already a reality they were aware of.

Apparently, it wasn’t that he had begun acting strangely all of a sudden.

…..Oh, dear. Oh, my.

It would have been so much better if he had become crazed as a result of the Demon King’s curse and proposed to me because of this.

After all, if he were to regain his senses, I would be able to act as if this proposal never happened!

But judging from their reaction, it would seem this is not the case.

Sir Hero is not only sane but also very serious.

I fearfully looked up at the hero and asked, “ Umm, ah, are you in possession of all your sense, sir?”

I could not help but ask, grasping at the slightest hope that I might be mistaken.

He quickly replied though.

“Of course. There is no lie in my feelings of my love for you.”

Sir Hero, I really wished that it were a lie.

But it seems that the Hero’s ‘flower’ is me. I didn’t notice before because those rays of holiness emanating from him interfered but, his blue eyes gaze so hotly at me as if he’d like to melt me as he looked down on me.

Oh, dear. I do seem to be in a pinch.

Because I am, just one of the mass mob population. A mob character.

I’m needed to take a breather so I'm writing this story. Sorry for such a brain numbing story. – Author’s notes

Last one.
    Lady-in-waiting A’s dilemma​

Mobs.

They are the extras that always exist in a multitude of stories.

They’re not even supporting characters. They don’t even have a name.

Of course, although they may not have a name in the hero’s tale, in reality, they do have a name.

In this hero’s tale, I was given the role of the princess’s lady-in-waiting, A.

Upon witnessing the abduction scene of the Princess Louise by the Demon King, I would –

scream in despair, “PRINCE---SS!”
    And report to the King and Ministers –
    “The princess---, He, the Demon King!!!! The Princess!!!”

- In a panicked stated, I would tell them the truth of the princess’s abduction by the demon king, as a part of my role.

Indeed, I fulfilled my part. Or rather, it came to be just as it should.

As an aside, the Demon King was humanoid but he wasn’t at all handsome.

Truthfully, it was rather disappointing.

You’d think they’re normally have a good looking guy doing this deed, right? Why was it a frumpy middle aged man!?

……That I might have thought of something along the lines of this when I saw the princess being held by the ‘self-acclaimed’ Demon King, is something we shall not mention, yes?

While we’re at it, I suppose it’s also probably best not to mention that I might have wondered, why did he come in person instead of ordering one of his subordinates to do the abducting if he’s the Demon King?

Well, back to the matter at hand, my role in the Hero’s tale had mostly been completed with this.

All that remained was to pray for the safe return of Princess Louise and maintain her room daily so she when she returned, her quarters would not seem abandoned for lack of its master.

Well, I’m a mob. There’s a limit to what I can do, you know?

But I was quite satisfied with my life as a mob.

Because no doubt, while I was leisurely going about my way, pining for the princess; the Hero and the supporting characters that formed his party were spending their days fighting battles as they headed for the Demon King’s castle.

Just thinking about it makes me shiver.

I’m quite fine being a mob as I’ve no skills or stats for fighting.

So no matter what anyone may say, I’m quite FINE being Lady-In-Waiting “A”!

Which is why it’s quite, really quite, troubling to have the Hero proposing like this to me.

Because I’m so plain and ordinary, I don’t have the skills or status necessary to become the wife of the Hero, really!

I could feel the cold sweat rolling down me as the Hero continued to hold my hand. Those around us who had been looking on in surprise were starting to give us more of a speculative glance. And who could blame them for it?

After all, the masculine and yet beautiful Hero, had chosen to propose not to the beautiful princess but to the plainer-than-Jane, unimpressive lady-in waiting.

“A…ah….ah…, uhm, If I may ask, why me?”

Princess Louise was the most beautiful woman in the country.

He had to be in the princess’s company until they returned to the country so it would not have been unnatural for him to have fallen in love with her.

But this Hero that’s standing in front of me, isn’t even looking at the princess and is actually proposing to a plain faced, ordinary, average lady-in-waiting.

It’s no wonder that everyone should have this same thought occur to them.
    Why her?

Upon hearing my words, the Hero looked down on me and smiled gently.

“When I first saw you, when I was invited to the castle, you were worried about the princess. I was immediately drawn to you. At that time, I thought it was too soon to fight the Demon King as there was very little information about him. But upon hearing your plea to save the princess, I made my decision. I would save the princess for your sake.”

My plea to save the princess……

True. I did ask it of him. Of course, I asked him!

When he first arrived at the castle I I think I might have ….

“Please! The Princess! Please, save the princess!”

- begged him as I clung desperately to him.

In actuality, that was the only direct conversation I had with him – if you could even call it a conversation.

Because I didn’t have permission to speak on a personal basis when he was having his audience with the king, - even though I was present when he had his audience with the king.

Does this mean, he fell in love when I clung to him as I begged him……?

….It was something I did it as part of my role as lady-in-waiting A though…..

Who would have thought you could trigger the romance flag with such a typical plot line. On top of which, that it’d motivate the Hero to go and rescue the princess even.

…..Life’s funny like that sometimes, you just never know what will happen next.

“As we traveled, I clung to this thought. Once we managed to save the princess, would you….”

As the Hero spoke, Sir Greed gaze grew even sweeter as he looked upon me.

I could hear the mumbling of my fellow ladies-in-waiting behind me, aka my fellow mob companions, as they sighed “Oh, Sir Hero, you’re so wonderful,” or something like that.

No doubt, they too, can also see the beams of shining light that radiates from the beauty of the Hero as if he were casting a charm spell, given how close they were to us.

But would you mind if I pointed something out here?

…… Don’t you all think it’s rather sudden for him to be proposing marriage when the ONLY time we spoke was that one instance? Don’t you think he might have missed a few steps along the way here?

“The princess….what will happen to the princess?” shouted the King as he jumped up from his throne.

Looks like he finally recovered from his surprise.

And looks like he’s angered by the fact that he’d all but planned to give the princess’s hand in marriage to the Hero but his plans have all gone awry with this.

No doubt he thought the Hero strung the Princess along and was just toying with her feelings.

But apparently, he’s failed to notice the Princess’s own feelings. Even though she’s still blushing and exchanging dreamy glances with the black haired wizard.

The Hero completely ignored the King’s words. He kept looking at me earnestly and would not even glance at the King even though he heard the King.

“Princess Louise? If you’re talking about Princess Louise, she’s got a thing with Lufus, right?” replied the Elven youth, in his place.

He waved his wand to point out Princess Louise and the black wizard, whose name is apparently Lufus, as they continued to exchange their loving glances.

Finally, the King seems to have noticed the situation between the princess and the wizard.

“Princess…? What’s going on..?”

The princess and the wizard finally broke off their gaze at the words of the King and looked at him.

They quickly returned their gaze to each other – Princess Louise, looking troubled and the wizard smiling gently at her to put her uncertainties at rest.

When someone gorgeous smiles, the affects can be stupendous.

I could hear my fellow ladies-in-waiting, with their voices rising to release a high-pitch screech, “Kyaa!”, from behind me.

……As long as they’re hot, that’s all you guys care about, huh?

Well, if I weren’t in this situation where the Hero is holding my hand and proposing to me, I’d probably be mixed in there with them, so I probably shouldn't be poking fun at them.

The wizard smiled once more at the princess before taking her hand and together they turned to face the throne.

The wizard is indisputably just as beautiful as the Hero. When he stood side by side with the Princess, it was as if they were a scene from a painting.

Apparently the others shared the same thought as they released a dreamy sigh that rippled through the crowd at the sight before them.

And it was before this crowd that the wizard spoke – and created an uproar.

“I am Lufus Licreed Ellusion, Prince of the Grand Duchy of Ellusion. I have a request of you, your majesty, King Schwaltze, and of the Queen, as well, your majesty. Please grant your pardon for my marriage to the Princess Louise.”

The stereotypical fairly tale was starting to take place ---- behind the back of the Hero who continued to hold my hand.

Author’s note: The MC has a tendency to play the ‘straight man’ in a farce

Aymee, LittleMadam, Ash-san and 6 others like this.
  6. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently dumping the text of the Light Novel Volume 1 (scanning-OCRing-checking for text error-reformating)... In other words: I will provide the RAW of this LN in simple editable txt or docx format.
    I have bought the Light Novels after all......
    P_20161013_114421.jpg
    One of the newbie translator is interested in translating it. So I will give the text to him.
    If for some reason the translator didn't translate, then I will gladly hand over the RAWs to someone else...

Kirarapot, Aymee, LittleMadam and 7 others like this.
  7. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks good I hope someone will pick up this novel.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :coffee: oh ho seem someone have good paycheck~
    too bad no peeking~

akki likes this.
  9. CaptainBunny

CaptainBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This stories been updated.

10. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna read it! wanna read it!

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    summon @Yukkuri Oniisan
    doc we got a problem~
    I just wanna ask is that ARIA who ask for raw?

12. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    um... if you're referring to me then no...? I'm just doing teaser MTL on the chapters from waybackmachine (and yes, they're just teasers so I would be really happy if you guys can find a proper translator)

(if you're not referring to me, then ignore this reply)

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I see teaser hmm not plan to make it full?:whistle:
    nice teaser btw~ WN or LN?

14. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sadly no :') , I didn't have nearly enough time, will and skill to become a translator ^^);

(as I said in a comment, it is a good story that deserve a good translator)

Thank you, I try :]

WN and probably only until chapter 5 (so 2 more; ch3&ch4)

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    see so you lpan to make lot teaser~ ah don't forget to link the raw who know perhaps someone will post it here~

16. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok I'm done with prologue->ch 5 teasers, someone pick up this cute(?) novel please :)

other than ch 6 can be found on the link Yukkuri shared, while ch 6 is here

17. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I love this already. I hate it when they fall for the princess or the strongest girl in the class or the popular ones. The side characters are more interesting to me

LittleMadam likes this.
  18. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the chapter, Aria-chan!

Though the whole read the air thing... shouldn't it be read the mood/situation? LOL.

(Maybe... I might do it... but but... that's like another project to do in between Happy Life And already, my progress is too slow. huhu)

19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19641.png truly rare male yandere still waiting for LN ver~

LittleMadam likes this.
  20. Yukkuri Oniisan

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I need to digitalize the text quickly then...

By the way, Chapter 5 of LN version is over 60 pages (>12000 Japanese words...) so I need some time to check if the OCR messed up or not.

LostBMe likes this.