Picked Up The Mightiest Manager

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by SinsI, Feb 14, 2017.

1. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Mightiest Manager 사상 최강의 매니저
    Raw Link: http://novel.munpia.com/67420
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-mightiest-manager/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Great and funny behind-the-scenes-manipulator MC that can also kick major ass if needed.
    Description: In a future world where Dungeon Clearing became a chore, an extremely experienced Hunter decides to switch occupation and to work supporting (and leeching off) other Hunters, using his profound knowledge of swindlers to swindle others instead.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. lacorzana

lacorzana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    I was gonna post a pickup request of this too, glad i searched first...
    Im requesting for this novel to be picked up too, its a novel that might be in par(and with similarities) with
    Everyone else is a Returnee
    Master Hunter K
    Lazy Swordmaster
    Seoul Stations's Necromancer

My own Description is, Strong Badass Hunter wanted to retire to the hunting industry-drama thing and lay low,do a managerial work, but protagonist is sly and crafty one, a big time scammer... but does it for good reason.

Thanks for the willing Translators!

4. vangent

vangent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading none of those novels. What else is there besides the mc being a strong manager?

6. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm let see,
    have you seen gintama?

lets just say its almost similar
    the main character is a veteran fighter in the old days where it was worth it and everyone had a reason to fight for something(invasion of monster in manager's case, alien invasion in gintama)
    Now,The main character is just tired in all of it, because the figting 'now' and 'then' is different,
    the fighting now had become a chore.. a job... and worst part is that, people with greed wont stop for nothing,( there starts injustice and cliche stuff... but those are just the background)

In the present, the main character decided to become a "manager" (no explanation why the mc motivated to become a manager yet)
    you see, the "hunters" cant be bothered with tax stuff, booking a dungeon, travelling, lodging,selling loots, etc.. that's why there came the "manager" which handle all this task. a jack of all trades as i call it.

The main character is by no means "lazy strong" or "cold guy strong"(aka alpha) or "hedonist and strong", he's something very unique,...
    i cant exactly describe him accurately for what he is, it is for the best read the first 2 or 3 chapter where the main character is on an interview for the manager job thing.

in my own description.... he's a sly scammer, and does it for a good intention, one which gains and loss are just.
    and if someone scams him back, he'll make a trap.
    if it didnt work and once the other party started to resolve it by violence,.. thing is... its gonna be the most regretful decision they'll ever make.

theres really small realease as of now, it's much more better for you to decide yourself how good or bad it is.

7. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    anyway, seems like this thread has been already forgotten.........................
    (i was thinking of making another pick-up request for this one, but now will have to wait until time runs out for this ones),,

8. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really want to read more of this...

9. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited description a bit.

10. RxSniper007

RxSniper007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 kr novels like everyone else is a returnee are truly epic :D

oh and also evolution theory of the hunter :D
    (though I can't bear to really read the translation of the current translator, too cringy grammar T_T such a abrupt change from the smooth flow of the former translator: lightnovelcafe barista-noona) XD

11. jenchan

jenchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one the novels that I'm thinking about picking up. Still reading another one to see which one I want to translate.

I'll update if I do decide to pick it up! :)

HavenCustos likes this.
  12. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it seems to be somewhat picked up (though translator seems to be extremely inexperienced, and no editors).

13. jenchan

jenchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by inexperienced? I would like to hear your thoughts. :D

14. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds decent, hope it gets translated.

Does the MC swindle alot of people? Or does he build a team and leech?

15. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lots and lots of grammatical errors and awkward phrases...

16. mochiii

mochiii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, I see what you mean, but isn't an inexperienced translator someone that provides incorrect translations? That's why editors are needed to fix those errors and phrases. It would be a lot of work if translators were required to fix grammatical errors and translate as well. I'm sure translating is hard enough. Hopefully, they get an editor soon though.

I read the previous translations and I found those to be a lot more awkward. I feel like the latest chapter was a lot smoother with better translations.

Well, that's just my opinion. ^^

17. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grammar - yes, phrasing - no.

Translation of fiction is completely different from nonfiction.
    Translators create a completely new work based on the original - something that can and should deviate from it to create better experience for the readers.
    As such, they, and only they are responsible for creating something that is fun to read - which includes all the non-trivial changes.

Editors or proofreaders might give them feedback about some problem places - but they should not make corrections beyond fixing simple mistakes.

18. mochiii

mochiii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, I agree with you on that, but there's definitely going to be grammatical errors since they're a translator, not an editor. They can always improve on the phrasing.

Well, anyways, I'm just glad it got picked up. Hopefully it doesn't get dropped again. :)

19. ellie.lee

ellie.lee New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys!

Ellie here. I'm a new Korean translator and I've asked Jen-Chan from K-Novel Translations if I could translate this novel since I really enjoyed the story and the characters. Thankfully, she approved so I'll start translating it and uploading it on my website!

Once my website is all set up, I'll come back and provide the link to the novel.

Thanks! ^^

20. mochiii

mochiii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck! Can't wait to read it :3