LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird.

I read up 10 chapters (stocked) at one go, and the impression I get is... weird.

The "fate" system hasn't interfered with him yet. However, he's going around severing fates. Like of Miyasame Asaka's. Or the Demonic Old Man (and the young hardworking worker). Or the ex-warlord.

Making so many moves that contradicts the original flow of time would have the system unleashing a setback for him. And now the story goes to the Zhangs. If my hunch is right, its just too coincidental for Wang Chong who needs a prim and proper forging clan to mass produce weapons (even if its from normal steel).

2. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I would think that the fate system's interference works by looking at the scale of how things are being changed by Wang Chong. Like, whether it's the fates of individuals who are changed, or groups of individuals, or regions, nations, the world, etc. Perhaps if Wang Chong is only affecting individual fates (whose butterfly effect doesn't majorly affect anyone/anything else), or affecting things on a small scale, the fate system doesn't interfere much, and it's only when the scales start getting bigger that the system interferes.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  3. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aha. It does make sense. The fact that the first "fate suppression" (or 'emnity of the world', i truly forgot) only first triggered because he reincarnated. So that was big enough to trigger. But others did not. I guess you're right. I'm going to keep this in mind when reading this.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  4. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Why will he let the smith clan forge without his tehniques? They will just waste limited resource, so stupid... and he wants to make the army stronger.

5. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    He wanted to make his swords more valued, as he is the only one to be able to forge it. It would be that rare like a limited edition of a product..
    Edit: I mean, they could compare it more accurately

6. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that, but he could still help them make excellent swords while he makes epic ones

7. bluewolves

bluewolves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean share the secret so his sword isn't exclusive anymore?

8. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    He wants to make an army, not personal wealth, the secret would only be known to the smith clan which is basically his.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  9. bluewolves

bluewolves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He need money to hire instructor and future plan.

10. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    He has money and will get more...

11. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    No can do. What "Secret" if you pass it around? Not only Zhang clan isn't his, He is only a benefactor from what i think.

12. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the answer to that is obvious. He wants to strike a balance between making money and making a powerful army. Yes, if he gave them the technique it would increase the quality of the swords that they make, which would make their army stronger, but doing so would lose him a significant source of revenue. Not to mention that there's no need to give them the technique in the first place. Yes, using his technique makes them that much stronger, but it's not as if without it they'd be weak.

You should remember that there was a chapter a while back where the clan tried forging a weapon using a small piece of ore, which was much stronger than anything they currently had. They'd definitely be able to make powerful swords, suitable for mass production/use in the army, regardless of whether or not Wang Chong provides them his techniques.

Not only that, but making super OP weapons for the average soldier isn't going to end up well, if it means that the enemy may be able to pick up the weapons after said soldier(s) die. Having the average soldier simply equipped with better weapon is more than sufficient.

Dildrave likes this.
  13. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    So why not just make money from common soldier weapons? Enemy soldiers may pick up weapons and that's dangerous? I suppose then the colonists should've brought bows and arrows instead of guns coz the Indians could've stolen their better weapons.

14. kaneabel

kaneabel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Who are the MC's subordinates and how does he get them to join him? I mean future generals, powerful experts etc
    2. Who is the MC's greatest enemy? The possible linchpin who will cause the downfall of the empire
    3. How is the MC's cultivation progress and how does it compare to others? What are his strongest skills?
    4. Does he develop modern weaponary like guns etc?
    5. Does the Evil Emperor old man recover fully? What happens to the people pursuing him?
    6. How does the MC's father react when he comes back & sees his son's accomplishments?

15. REDjoker81

REDjoker81 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the website was working earlier today for me and still is.

16. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you asking a question whose answer is so obvious? How much profit would Wang Chong be able to make from selling common weapons? He's refraining from mass producing the best quality weapons because it's a better means of making profit, and because it'd be more suitable to give those weapons to officers and commanders in the army, not the common soldier. Hence why he is getting the smithing clan to create weapons using the Wootz Steel without providing the tempering technique, so as to equip an army with weapons more superior than those used by their enemies, but whose quality isn't high to the point of needing to worry about the opponents being able to make use of said weapons against your own army (in particular the officers and commanders), and being more vulnerable as a result.

What would happen if he gave the smithing clan his technique, and the quality of swords used by the commanders and common soldiers were the same? Once his side gains some casualties, and the enemy are able to procure their swords, it would make it easier for them to attack army officers by swarming them. But if there's a difference in quality in the weapons held by officers and the normal soldiers, then even if the enemy gains a hold of the weapons from common soldiers, it'd make it more difficult for them to attack the officers (and it would require the enemy officers to fight the officers instead).

17. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    You should probably take a look at this spoiler thread since some of your questions have already been answered there in more detail.
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-human-emperor.34114/

1. The MC gain subordinates in the near future from the training camps. He mostly uses his previous knowledge to find the people who would become famous in the future, but he also recruits others by setting up tests, since there were others who are talented, just that they weren't able to blossom in the previous life. Most agree due to him offering incentives and rewards that they aren't able to resist. Most of his subordinates have pretty vague backstories. In his previous life, some became powerful lone experts, whilst others become future generals and commanders.

2. Too vague/complex to be able to be answered. There probably wasn't just one person who was behind the empire's downfall. It was a series of events whose culmination into the fall of the empire.

3. As of the latest raw (~ Chapter 624), he is in the fifth level of the Profound Martial Realm (Origin > True > Profound > Saint > God), and rapidly rising due to his techniques. His strongest skill is probably his self made sword technique that he made in his previous life that was tempered through the various battlefields.

4. No. This isn't that kind of series. I doubt he even has the knowledge to be able to create that sort of weaponry.

5. Not at this point. He's still in the midst of recovering. Some of the people pursuing him found him, but were attacked and killed by Wang Chong with the help of the ex-Marshal.

6. The next time MC's father meet him face to face, it's on the battlefield during a war. While he's surprised at his son's accomplishments (after hearing about them), he just accepts it, and is proud of the fact that he has changed for the better.

18. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    God realm is now introduced, hopefully with his dragon bone he can get to that realm in this lifetime

19. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    arrghhhhh i want to fucking beat the shit out author !!!!
    maybe someone in china already did XD

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    NeaxD likes this.
  20. Lineage

Lineage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is getting stretchy as emperor's domination. Will it continue like this?