LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    so... The Hu are already a massive and integral part of the royal court and have been for some time? even if wang chong's not too familiar with the royal politics, that seems like something that he should have been aware of. with all these Hu sounding off and coming out of the woodwork in an uproar seems more like they're just rushing out to prove how right wang chong was on the threat they pose, and events just got pushed up to an earlier date now. if the Hu have been around so long, then even without that decree having its chance to give 'em even more power, it seems like it should be rather easy to see just how infiltrated everything's become, especially now that they've been called out on it.

2. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Hus were smart, they would have just laughed it off.

But the fact they got "triggered", and began rioting en-masse... It only proves Wang Chong's hypothesis (hypothesis because he's not supposed to say that he came from the future).

Besides, there should be records where the Hu only promoted the Hus. This should be damning evidences in itself, even if its based on meritocracy.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  3. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about that, anything can happend in a novel where the emperor says 3 sentences and the MC thinks “The mind of an emperor is truly unfathomable!”
    I read that I throught that the emperor comes and everyone becomes an idiot. also @badiyee , 666 messages. Is that you Satan?

4. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, yes it does. And then some.

The latest war (first large scale war really) is nearing its end in the raws, and the war consisted of a couple of major battles and some other background context and stuff, and it has currently taken well over 130 chapters.
    [/spoiler[

Laughing it off would be pretty stupid, considering that his words/actions caused enough stir to merit the Emperor paying attention/getting clarification from him. If the Emperor decides to listen to Wang Chong due to it, and the Hu not reacting, then they'd be screwed xD

There are no records of such things taking place, because the policy hasn't been implemented yet. The Government decides who gets promoted to the important positions. Unless you're referring to the middle/lower positions, in which case I'm not too sure, but I'd still think that the Government decides who gets promoted.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. kryuzei

kryuzei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be records of that because during the family meeting, the narration said (which supposedly described what the elders were thinking) that a Hu promoting another Hu was a fact.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  6. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you provide a quote/link? If there really were records of that taking place, then I'd be pretty surprised at why the issue hasn't come up before, or at least been thought about by others.

7. kryuzei

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 101
    >Autonomous military districts’, this wasn’t something that one should be underestimated. This was a gigantic torrent that would shake the pillars of the empire. Upon recalling how casually they treated this matter, the elders immediately felt terrified.

>‘The Hu promoting the Hu’, this wasn’t just a possibility, it was a fact. They had seen many of such affairs back then, and Wang Chong was simply voicing it out.

Sorry, i was typing on phone. I'm assuming they overlook it since they don't want a conflict with the emperor and maybe the Hu is pretty subtle when promoting their own people (still under control and promotes chinese people along with hu)

Luffy1996 likes this.
  8. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a spoiler from the current mtl translation so i might be wrong but this is what i got: he played some kind of real time strategy war game and was the best at it(so he at least had talent for commanding troops and making fast decisions), and later when the war got desperate the elders(basically older generation) infused their memories about martial arts and the tactics into him letting him have a lot of martial arts and real war experience, then combined with strategy's from earth he improved the old ones while fighting letting he accumulate a lot of experiences fast.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  9. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure that was referring to the current past, and not the future/Wang Chong's past life? Cause why would Wang Chong be voicing something that all the elders should have knowledge of? I think that might have just been a mistranslation/bad wording.

That might have been it. Good catch. (y)

Luffy1996 likes this.
  10. kryuzei

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure it's the current past. Noticed the 'they'. Also read whole chapter and see that the elders WERE embarassed which means they simply overlook the matter. Humans are not infallible, they make mistakes along the way especially when the stakes are big.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  11. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if that's the case, then it's a shame that the author is depicting the elders as being so forgetful, considering that because the stakes are so big, they should at least try to be more thorough. Guess it was because they simply didn't think the matter would be so important.

12. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the story, the elders overlooked a simple matter. Up to the point Wang Chong pointed out the huge error, The Hus actually were looked upon as "one of the empire". However, Wang Chong pointed out that the Hus never saw it this way, due to his "previous life" experience. The part where he managed to dig out an evidence though was to point at the appointments made by the Hus (as in who the Hus promote) and it clearly showed that the Hus promoted their own over the Hans.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  13. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    don't understand what the majesty is thinking... He put Wang Chong straight to jail I don't it's okay...
    Is it like what one of commenter has said? that "defending Wang Chong in jail" part? Or maybe his majesty just want to see wang chong personally from numerous eyes?

Luffy1996 likes this.
  14. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever that has happened, it happened.

However, just like the story described, when the Hus (as in every Hu) banded together, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy of Wang Chong. As in when they all banded together to demand his execution, to the point of creating an ultimatum (either Wang Chong's life, or their loyalty). Therefore Wang Chong's "prediction" became true.

I think this worked out in Wang Chong's favour, because the previously undiagnosed tumour is now brought out in the open. The problem is now, to cut it, or not to cut it.

But I find it weird that the author's racist undertone to tell the story as in EVERY single Hu general actually went up in a roar. I would have thought that some Hus would just write to debate, not to demand an ultimatum. It can't be all the Hu generals are just pure blockheads that don't use their heads to "resolve" the situation.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  15. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, racism is real everywhere... Even in this modern era where everyone is educated, it's present. I don't know why the Hu lose their head, but maybe because they had been presented a chance that could redeem themselves or something?

And I hate the fact that the author understanding in Dao of Suspense is high!!

Luffy1996 likes this.
  16. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is probably over playing the fear some Hu have of job security while some also just love their Hu name too much so they got angry when they were question on loyalty. imo I think a lot of them are not traitors or anything yet. it just went Great Tang was getting surrounded in Wang Chong past life and since the HU made those 10 district under their control they felt they didn't need to really protect the rest of the great tang and just decided screw it let's just increase our power. So they are power hungry but as long as great tang stays strong the hu shouldnt rebel this time unless the author forces a plot where they will which imo would be a bit lame. If with what the MC knows he still couldnt change that. Whats the point of a destiny system and future knowledge if shit still happens the same way. Hopefully at least some of Hu decide to defend Great tang or more than his past life. Like that one hu Guy that had a mother from the Han.

17. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now is the best time to crush the HU's....the Han have still enough power to do it and time to prepare for the caliphat...

18. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Even he couldn't have imagined one memorial would blow up to become such a big issue. The capital is going to be cleansed. Wang Chong's name is going to spread throughout the whole country. This kid is going to be so famous...

19. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, this lad has even moved officers (or technically, ex-communicated ex-officers) of the previous dynasty, even.

Normally officers of previous dynasty would (dgaf) about the current dynasty, if my memory serves me right (hence why China keep breaking up even when they were forcibly united under a banner many times), since the novel draws inspiration from certain historical p.o.v (not based entirely on history, just drawing inspirations from it).

There should be a way for the Hans and Hus to assimilate, but it DOES relate to modern China's subjugation and deep rooted prejudices to minorities, including the Mongolians and Tibetans (in their attempts to forcibly assimilate via culture domination and elimination).

Luffy1996 likes this.
  20. Dirav

Dirav Happy Commoner.. \(°•,°)/

Reading List:
    Link
    The story become very interesting.. I think this is the most exiting part of the novel as of now.. Can't wait for more..