LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one more thing that defied logic. Considering that the Tangs have very strong network of army, how could two armies waltz into Tang unhindered? And more importantly, to kill off recruits? (i suspect they all aimed for 3 camps), and no responses from the Tang?

The story is already "off the cliff". Sigh.

2. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that I do agree with. It's pretty hard to believe that two enemy nations managed to send in their troops to the camps, which were located relatively close to the capital, with little to no reaction/response from the capital. The only thing that might explain it is:

1. It could be related to the foreign generals plot, where the generals protecting the border colluded with the enemy nations and gave them access/cover. Similarly, could be someone in the government that helped make things happen.
    2. Due to the small number of troops, it was easier for them to make it through the border?

3. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link

Another "plausible" explanation is that the Hus are literally involved, seeing that the Turks are at the North, and the Gorguyeons are at the south. But remember, the Hus control I think 2-3 sides (north, west, and forgot which direction), so assuming that the Turks and Gorguryeons are in collusion, they must have entered from somewhere, and the Hus involved. They "hate" (hate is an underrated word for this circumstances, its more of like kill on sight) Wang Chong for destroying their plans (we're assuming that they already have the intentions to betray the Tang Dynasty, even if this is a second timeline) prematurely. The borders who are under the Hans won't deliberately do this, unless the said traitor (which was not that revealed in chapters 1-3) actually played a role. I don't know.

However, you're talking about people who don't / can't retract their auras, so it would be impossible that such a big group can just waltz in. Furthermore, you're talking about "near the main capital" to which normally you'll have all sorts of EWS (early warning systems) in place by scouts, sentries, and not some mumbo jumbo pile of people. The elites of the elites, at the main capital city.

However, either way, the flow of history has been altered. First timeline did not had any of the camps assaulted. Now you have three camps assaulted.

Either the Tang Dynasty is just left the husk (and is empty within), or just a forced plot.

Something just feels off.

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    When the author writes Hui people, he's referring to Christians, Muslims & Jews. Hence the foreign (non-Han) promoting their interests over the Han-Chinese.

5. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a reminder that Goguryeon = Korea, so they're also to the north(east) of Tang. I think you were thinking of the U-Tsang = Tibet which is to the southwest.

Also, where did you read that part about the auras being unretractable? That's just your assumption isn't it? o.0

If anything, I would assume that the army used the wolves as a means of concealing themselves (by holding onto their underside, making them out to simply be a pack of wild wolves), and it was through this method that they were able to go past the patrols/scouts, etc. (if they didn't collude with people in the border or the capital).

But yeah, the Tang Dynasty being a husk of its former self was something that's been talked about before in the series (during the grandfather's banquet) and seemingly acknowledged that the peace has made many within the nation complacent. It's just that it hasn't reached a point where things have become unsalvageable.

6. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    so Starve Archive is dropping this. 35 chapters for the next 60 days. Oh well, about 2 days for 1 chapter then.

7. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, yeah, just took a look after reading your post. A bit of a shame, since I thought Starve was doing a great job translating, but it's understandable if the workload was too much for them.

Hopefully a solid translator/group picks up the series after Starve's chapters are released.

8. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually that's not really it. The Hu just refers the non-indigenous population in general.
    http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Altera/hu.html
    Its usage has changed throughout history so there's no one fixed way of looking at the word. For example, in some generations, it's used specifically for nomadic tribes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Barbarians. But yeah, in the novel, it's used generally for all foreigners.

9. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. miss xu

miss xu Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't understand today's chapter. Someone enlighten me please...

11. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Sage Emperor allowed numerous talented children and experienced soldiers/veterans die. That's basically it. Oh and some Hu children are aiming to go after Wang Chong.

12. miss xu

miss xu Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is the Sage allowing it? Did he also know of the hu's plan? ~~

13. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's letting them die, because the Empire/Dynasty has become complacent in their past glory/power/success. I mean if you have read the story at all you know in the future their kingdom crumbles in a alternate timeline the MC comes from... MC has created enough time flow changes (as the author has written a BUNCH of times already) that those in power are more aware of the surrounding dangers, and that how many of the young generation are literally just silver spoon fed. The easiest and fastest solution is to bathe the current young generation in blood.

What are a couple hundreds of sacrifices if they can obtain couple of hundreds talents who can become supporting pillars of their Dynasty in the future of 100 millions of people?

Basic militarily kingdom logic.

miss xu and FHandsome like this.
  14. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have a good map of the Tang Dynasty?

15. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    In the latest chapters (translated), the fact that the training camp was attacked by foreign forces must have pissed everyone off, right? Don't worry fam

In the latest chapters, Wang Chong attacks a foreign force (U-Tsang's) training camp with his 5000 Black Offensive brigade.

16. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, it's being dropped? That's a shame, but I hope Starve stays sane and healthy.

17. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where did you read that?

This is one of the best novel ive read recently... I hope its not dropped

18. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    From Starve's Patreon:
    "Sorry but I think I really can't cope with the workload so I'll be closing this Patreon. To repay for all of your expenditure, I'll continue translating (and updating the Patreon until 250)"

They also said they were going to find a new translator, though, so hopefully someone will pick it up fairly soon.

missycin likes this.
  19. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think hes focusing on lohp

Too bad. As much as i like lohp, this novel is right on top of the list too....

20. Dirav

Dirav Happy Commoner.. \(°•,°)/

Reading List:
    Link
    I think not,