LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    c54: OMFGGGGG THE AUTHOR IS DRAGGING THIS WAY TOO FKING LONG! Did I srsly just read thru an entire arc about selling a fkin sword? I've already resorted to skimming just to fasten it up. smfh. I already know what's going to happen, why drag it all the way to heaven? So triggered, I was trying to avoid skimming over it, but it just is dragging it too far.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  2. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    c59: Finally! Glad I didn't have to go through each sword being tested, just cut through 'em all!

3. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I rationalise it is the fact that these people are cultivators, so their strength and abilities would be enough to offset any challenges brought upon by doing something as inefficient as using jewels as part of a sword. Either that or perhaps it is only limited to the scabbard?

I would highly doubt that's actually true. I'd be more inclined to think that they're simply people who have chosen or been elected to retire from the frontlines and allowed to serve the Emperor directly (or perhaps they were the people who fought with the Emperor when he came to power so were allowed to serve as his guard). It'd be incredibly stupid if the people who were supposed to protect the Emperor and his immediate interests (his position, family, city, etc) weren't able to actually protect them from opposing factions, cause that's basically suggesting that the real power belong to the generals and other military commanders who could essentially replace the Emperor if they wanted to (and worked together).

I would say it's readable. It's enough for you to know the details of what is happening, and really, that's all you need, since you can basically skim through any of the unnecessary fluff :D

4. stefanus101

stefanus101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone gives the real links of chap 85???
    the site is acting up again it redirect the link of chap 85 to chap 84

5. Tortex

Tortex [Lazy Tortoise that Dreams to be a Dragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    You can hit next chapter from 84 and it goes to 85 proper

Edit: Just checked, it's fixed

6. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this chapter talked something consort taizhen.. Who the hell..?
    idk, i felt like i have to spoiler this...

Lawlyeth likes this.
  7. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. according to the title, MC will plot a rebellion right?
    Human Emperor.

8. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably wayy later when he's op , it's foreshadowing a long novel

Luffy1996 likes this.
  9. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the history spoiler that was provided at the end of the chapter should give you a bit of background on who she was and why she caused the decline of the Wang Clan.

Not necessarily. I mean, by the end of his previous life, Wang Chong was only the Grand Marshal of the Great Tang's army, but given his situation (being in charge of the crumbling Empire's armies and its final hope), at that point or the years leading up to his final moments, he could have easily taken up the throne if he wanted to, yet he seemingly didn't, which to me says a lot about his character. Wang Chong is a very patriotic person, but not an ambitious person. He doesn't want to see the Tang Empire fall, but I don't think he would usurp the throne to ensure that it doesn't.

There's only one circumstance where I think that may not apply, and that is if a new emperor (either one of the current emperor's sons, or someone else who rose up in rebellion and took power) is so utterly incapable that his rule would result in the Empire's ruin, then I think it would be possible for Wang Chong to usurp the throne. However, I find that situation unlikely to occur, because he has knowledge of his previous life and his original timeline. He already knows who will take up power and become the new emperor if things don't change too drastically. All he would have to do is raise his own position such that he is able to teach, guide or advise the emperor on how to govern properly, and there would be no need for him to personally become the Emperor, something which he doesn't seem like he would want anyways.

Of course, I may be wrong, but from what I've read, that's what I think.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  10. stefanus101

Reading List:
    Link
    wow
    just read the latest chap
    and im satisfied with the world building
    but i think ill stop reading this novel for a while
    coz the when i read the chap i felt unsatisfied because of how short the novel felt

11. Unfettered09

Unfettered09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    As in you want to stockpile chapters?

13. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    especially when things keeps dragging out
    like the sword selling

14. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough I guess. I just read them as they come out, cause I can't wait for them xD

15. Tortex

Tortex [Lazy Tortoise that Dreams to be a Dragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww, she's being a shit bag for the sake of her son. That's so still a bitch that can go die. She wants her son to be the head even if he isn't the best choice and insults the old man that is keeping the clan afloat; if she isn't selfish and doesn't give a crap about the Wang clan I don't know what it is.

Odorico, Luffy1996 and ultragunner like this.
  16. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, and what's worse is that Wang Gen doesn't immediately backhand the idiot. Like, if you're about to become the Clan Head, or are in a competition to become one, you should understand that it should be about the Clan's benefit first and foremost, not your own. If he's happy being the head of a small and declining clan, and wants his son to lead an even worse clan, then he's doing a good job heading in that direction.

Odorico, Luffy1996 and ultragunner like this.
  17. stefanus101

Reading List:
    Link
    i know that the progress of this novel plotline is very,very slow and its better to stockpile it before reading it,but I CANT HELP BUT READ THE LATEST CHAP AND RANT LIKE A MADMAN BECAUSE I FINISHED THE LATEST CHAP OF THIS NOVEL!!!!!
    I FUCKING HATE THIS NOVEL YET LOVE IT
    I THINK I FOUND MY LATEST DRUG DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

18. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL is your best friend or worst enemy in this case.

19. raifan

raifan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So why does he feel the need to spend money like crazy? Offering the tutors 8 times more than they currently make? He says that the money would be worthless later because the empire falls, but isn't his goal to stop this fall? He can't say that the money will be worthless unless he doesn't think he can succeed. If that's the case, why bother paying them so much. His logic fails. I hate when an author makes it seem like the MC is supposed to be a genius, but then the MC uses stupid logic. Throwing money away for no reason, when you don't have to is stupid.

I didn't like it when he did it with the Wootz steel, upping the agreed upon price, but I tossed up to an investment. Still stupid to do that so quickly though. It's like he wants to throw away money just because.

20. NovaCi

NovaCi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea imo he is spend a bit too much but in his defense he did say he did not give a crap about money since if the invasion happens it would not be worth anything anyway so he rather just waste money now with hopes the invasion never actually hurts the country as much as it did before. probably in his head money is pointless if he does not succeed and if he does not make it he will die to the destiny stone of fate or w/e anyway.

Luffy1996 likes this.