The Resistance: A Call to Arms (Game 2)

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Arcturus, Mar 29, 2017.

?

Who will win the Second Missions?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2017.
  1. Tony

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. The Resistance

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was known is lost; for none now are active on NUF who remember it.

It began slowly. There was a free land, full of care-free, fun-loving and irresponsible people. They called this great land NUF.

It began with the creation of the moderator tools. Nine were crafted and given to those members of NUF most trusted. Into these tools was given the strength and will to govern the masses of NUF, to turn back the tides of anarchy and division that always seemed to be close at hand. And for a time there was Peace

But the ruler of the Nine, @Tony became corrupted by his desire for power. He deceived his fellow staff members and created another tool. In the land of the Moderators, in the fires of Mount Doom, the dark lord @Tony forged, in secret, a master hammer to control all NUF members. And into this Hammer he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life.

One Hammer to Ban them All.

One by one the free lands of NUF fell to the power of the Hammer. The Adventurer’s Guild, The Kingdom Royale, the many sects, even the great Danmei Room. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of Men and Cats marched against the armies of the corrupted Moderators.

A first attempt at Rebellion led to a crushing defeat after a plan to destroy key government structures was narrowly foiled. @Tony and his Moderator Minions ruthlessly cracked down and suppressed the NUF populace. However, this first resistance has brought a new hope to those who fight against @Tony 's empire.

A plan has been hatched to steal secret plans to @Tony 's ultimate weapon, THE BAN HAMMER, an evil weapon with enough power to destroy all hope and resistance forever.

Pursued by Tony's sinister agents, the resistance struggles to complete 7 crucial missions in order to steal the plans that can save their people and restore freedom to the forum...

Current Players:
    Players are:
    1. @Aca1814ina
    2. @brasca123
    3. @iampsyx
    4. @Omnifarious
    5. @Parth37955
    6. @kyuukestu
    7. @NZPIEFACE
    8. @a101011
    9. @Zone Q11
    10. @seven
    11. @SpearOfLies
    12 @Chocol8

Let The Missions Begin!
    I'll start up a game of Resistance with me as mod/god if there are sufficient people who pm/reply with interest in playing. The rules of Resistance are very simple.
    You have 5 missions. Good people (Resistance members) want to pass the majority of the missions, while bad people (spies) want to fail them. These rules are stolen from elsewhere, the comments in parentheses are my variation on these rules.
    Rules
    • The game requires between five and ten players. (not true, it can easily be played with more, thought the balance is tricky, I'll take up to 15 people in a game. I also don't like playing with less than 7)
    • Approximately one third of the players are randomly chosen as spies; the rest are members of the Resistance.
    • The spies know who the other spies are, but Resistance members do not.
    • The game consists of up to five missions. (if we have more then 12 people, it will be a 7 mission game)
    • Each mission has a leader. The leader proposes a mission team of a certain size, which the group approves by public vote.
    • If the group does not approve the mission by a simple majority, leadership passes to the next player .
    • If the group cannot approve a mission team after a certain number of attempts, the mission fails. (also depends upon the number of players)
    • Once a mission team is chosen, it votes by secret ballot whether the mission succeeds or fails.
    • Resistance members will always vote for success, but spies have the option of voting for success or failure.
    • It usually only takes one spy on the mission team to sabotage a mission, but sometimes the fourth mission requires two. (It will require 2 for the fourth and if a 7 mission game, 2 for the sixth as well)
    • If three missions succeed, the Resistance wins. If three fail, the spies win. (In a 7 mission game, 4 missions are necessary to win or lose)
    And finally, the last, but most important rule of all:

• You are allowed to say anything, to any one, at any time -- as long as it is said publicly. (still true)

Other rules of mine:
    I have decided to restart this attempt at resistance using a slightly different style of play. Please read the prior instructions to ensure that you are up to date on the rules. Each leader will have 24 hours to discuss who should be on their mission. This will then be followed by a 24 hour period where you can vote whether the chosen members will go on the mission or not. Voting will be done by telling me in your role pm. Failure to vote, will result in an automatic no to the selected members of the mission. You may continue to discuss as the voting goes on. You may only vote once and upon selection, cannot change your vote. The people sent on the mission will also tell me whether or not they will pass or fail the mission when they send in their vote on whether the chosen members should go on the mission. I will reveal the votes at the end of the 24 hour period. Failing to vote will thus result in you automatically failing the mission if you are Resistance and passing if you are a spy. If you vote to approve or deny the mission composition and do not vote, if you are resistance, I will assume that you intend to pass the mission

The terminology to be used when voting is as follows:
    Please say Approve or Deny when voting on a mission comp.
    Please say Pass or Fail if you are voting for mission success.

The number of possible mission captains for a mission will be one more than the total number of spies in the game. If all of the mission captains' choices are rejected by the group, then the mission automatically fails.

Edit: Since people don't seem to understand the spirit behind the rules, No you cannot edit your posts and No you cannot post a screenshot of your role.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Blitz, Zone Q11, Notaborax and 11 others like this.
  2. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Also the flavor text for goodies and baddies:
    You are a member of the Evil Empire of Mordor the Moderators. May the great and powerful @Tony reign forever. You and your compatriots will struggle to maintain the chains of tyranny and make a better world. Yet there are traitors amongst your most dearest friends who cannot see the beauty of @Tony. You must fail the majority of the missions and ensure that your traitorous friends get what they deserve. Kill them, feast on their flesh, mount their heads on the wall and glory over their remains and make sure to fail their pathetic missions.

The Empire of NUF depends upon it.

All votes will be cast here. Final choice for your mission if you are a mission captain must also be sent to me here within the 24 hours.

You are a member of the Great Resistance. May the foul @Tony be cast down. You and your compatriots will struggle to fight off the chains of tyranny and make a better world. Yet there are traitors amongst your most dearest friends. You must pass the majority of your missions, or risk never seeing a better, freer tomorrow. Find your enemies kill them, feast on their flesh, mount their heads on the wall and glory over their remains and make sure they don't fail your missions.

The freedom of NUF depends upon it.

All votes will be cast here. Final choice for your mission if you are a mission captain must also be sent to me here within the 24 hours.

Blitz, Zone Q11, Bielt and 3 others like this.
  3. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Much appreciated amusement. Very much appreciated.

4. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    ALL HAIL TONY!

And @Tony created The One Hammer in the Fires of Mount 4Chan not Mount Doom.

GET IT RIGHT!

Zone Q11 and AMissingLinguist like this.
  5. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds cool can I be a part of it?~

6. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I look up to @Tony and will always follow him/her to the end!

seven likes this.
  7. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Pyoo and AMissingLinguist like this.
  8. Ishmael

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh... to bad I´ll just spectate and be a civilian side character~
    "Tony and his great army swept across the NUF realm shattering space with a sweep of his arm leaving cities and sects in ruins, many heroic NUf warriors resisted but alas they perished. A decade ago a group of people known as the Guardians of NUF step up to oppose Tony... Their blows against each other eclipsed the skies and fractured the continent. The Guardians managed to strike down Tony but before they could deliver the final blow they were betrayed by their own brothers and sisters and were defeated... after that great battle Tony´s power grew forever more powerful and so his tyranny. The people of NUF cried out for liberation and as the greatest of the great gathered they prepared for the second crusade. Their legend... their myth... shall be recorded and witnessed by this spectator. My name is Ishmael~ "
    September 1, 1939.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  9. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for those that played the first game you know my vote

10. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't trust @Aca1814ina and she probabily doesn't trust me either.

11. Kagami Ren

Kagami Ren General of Satans 5th army

Reading List:
    Link
    Tony is everything for me :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

12. Ishmael

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see why~ "Looks at name"

Zone Q11 and AMissingLinguist like this.
  13. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    *stabs*
    I also like stab!

14. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    Stab? You mean Dab ;). I know that sucked.

15. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    *stabs*
    You deserve it.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  16. Ishmael

Reading List:
    Link
    "@SpearOfLies stabbed an innocent spectator and got killed by an angry mob of reptiles"

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  17. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    *tentacles win against reptiles*

18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    First team seems to be yours, any team in mind?

Also, @Arcturus , can you just post on the beginning of each day how many people are required for the mission, or rather, just put it all on the first post? Would make things easier.

19. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, I forgot. 4 people for the first mission. The missions wil go 4,5,5,6,6,7,7

20. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have time to read that but I support the resistance! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Blitz likes this.