The Resistance: A Call to Arms (Game 2)

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Arcturus, Mar 29, 2017.

?

Who will win the Second Missions?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2017.
  1. Tony

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. The Resistance

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    *patpat*

2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Scheming while resistance is fine if you are competent. @Chocol8 's lie and his other "schemes" didn't qualify as competent in my humble opinion. @SpearOfLies coming out was also very bizarre and foolish imo as well. And @kyuukestu denying the fifth proposal was sheer stupidity.
    Aca is pretty good, though she is limited by her reliance on sensory feedback she doesn't get through a computer.
    I agree with you that @SpearOfLies coming out was over-scheming and incompetent really at that stage of the game. Also in hindsight, I probably should have declared a mistake once I made it. Ah well. I've undertaken some measures to prevent such a mistake in the future anyway.

And dont expect the wrap-up tonight. I'm rather exhausted and don't have sufficient willpower to do more than respond to this thread.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zone Q11 She has claimed to be sadistic and a misandrist. And has been called a dominatrix. Need I say more about how she relieves stress? I thought it would be obvious myself.
    Yes. I actually thought you were better once everyone suspected you as a spy since your voting patterns and comments were at times irregular and seemingly random.

a101011 and AliceShiki like this.
  4. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    In this game no one, including myself, should have been scheming, spy or resistance. For most people scheming requires a certain level of involvement from all players and doesn't work in the slightest if they simply decline to commit. I can, technically, scheme by assuming incompetence (god knows I do it enough) but not when emotions are also unreadable. The spies should have been blunt and straightforward, doing essentially nothing and failing every chance they got, while resistance should have been similarly blunt and based hypotheses on logical facts not emotional suspicion. Neither did that; luck played more of a role than skill by both sides. Spies ended up with more; resistance had none. Add in mildly competent playing and they probably could have won in 4 missions for a perfect victory.

That that is so blatantly obvious is hurtful. I like to think I can actually use logic and facts alone to win games like this... evidently not. It sucks that an accusation doesn't even get a response half the time. Also that too many people weren't even trying.

Spears decision was idiotic. Zone and NZ saved him but that really should have fjnished the spies off because of how poorly timed it was. Of course then he could have just let go of his pride and approved Choco's mission and still would have done fine, but for some reason he never wanted to approve except when forced, which is a terrible play style.

As for the mistake, as long as it doesn't happen again don't worry about it. The bigger mistake was Chico's, not yours.

Alright, I'm going to stop you right there. This [redacted] is getting annoying. My experience in that arena is limited to text at best, though from what I understand if you need google to decipher it doesn't even count as that. So stop comparing me to whatever fetishized fantasy you have in your desire to be dominated over, because I cannot fulfill it.

And I really shouldn't talk about that subject when I have so little experience in it.

5. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    And you're still a good player. Just a handicapped one who needs to figure out new methods to overcome the lack of sensory input. Then, I'm sure you'll be back to a dominating force that predicts the majority of the spies.

I already called him outright incompetent, I didn't feel the need to say much further. And you may have noticed that I have taken to putting asterisks to mission comp members so I don't forget.

And you know I'm just messing with you ;) :p

Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.
  6. Omnifarious

Omnifarious Re: member

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry::cry::cry::cry: I think I said this tho... very early iirc... I thought to myself if aca is resistance she will take what I said as helpful and modify her play, because it was an important thing to point out...

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat pat*

At least you tried...

8. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows? I doubt I'll get to practice enough; maybe over the summer I'll figure something out but past that it's getting busy time again. Quals next year... Why? Why does such evil exist in this world? Though it's odd to say back to when I have yet to be such a force online.

I noticed both. Still I can't just say agree after making sure to type so long already, no? And while I figured that was what the asterisks were for I was kind of curious why you hadn't been keeping any records before that if it was the case. I might be able to memorize twelve players votes and team composition consistently; even so I don't like to try it.

I am aware but it is seriously annoying. Mostly because the entire subject is anathema to me.

... Just a tip, modifying one's playstyle solidified through years is kind of difficult. Especially if it has worked for all those years. I knew it wasn't working from about mission 2-2 but couldn't figure out another way; nor can I even now. I need data of some sort to base anything on, and the best way I have to obtain data is to overrun everything and force the experiments I want. Is it the best strategy online? Probably not. Am I capable of switching to another? Not within a single game. Nor, probably, within multiple. I did get closer than anyone else on resistance's side, but then started trying to find more and more data so I wasn't gambling and in so doing ended up gambling even more. Sticking with probabilities, and trusting them, is what I should have done from the start.

9. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    *sits on Aca's head*
    mmmm...It's just too difficult for me to regulate the impish tendencies I get. Now that I can say is something that is the same irl and not unique to this persona.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. Fabulist Ed

Fabulist Ed 〖He Who Must Not Be Tamed〗〖Workaholic〗

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it's helpful to say, I inherently worry that probabilities and numbers for being are circumstantial, if that is the right word or people behaving badly like pie face. And I still stand by that numbers can trick people, if they are used by clever people. and I am NOT clever people.

So I tend to use lots of verbal traps, for example, since I consider you clever, and I personally thought clever people are flexible and adaptable. If Aca takes my tip or enhances it, she is resistance more, if she does not more spy like she is... I kinda work like that, not saying it the right way, but that's what I do.

Think back now I don't feel so bad about calling @NZPIEFACE and @a101011 a buncha nerds and giving them a hard time when they were talking about their science homework...

a101011 and AliceShiki like this.
  11. Fabulist Ed

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah wrong account lol

Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.
  12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    gg

Perfect way to avoid suspicion if even Resistance are doing it ;)

Fabulist Ed likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *giggles* *pat pat*

Fabulist Ed likes this.
  14. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Decent, but wasn't active enough in naming probable spies to discuss with others.

Fabulist Ed likes this.
  15. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    .....How many do you have...

16. Fabulist Ed

Reading List:
    Link
    ♫I am 13 going on 14
    I know that I'm naive
    Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet
    And willingly I believe♫

Zone Q11, seven and AliceShiki like this.
  17. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link

AliceShiki and Fabulist Ed like this.
  18. Fabulist Ed

Reading List:
    Link
    cackles evilly

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    *squishes* Flame of Udun, Go back to the shadow

Zone Q11, Fabulist Ed and AliceShiki like this.
  20. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, who else besides Aca recognized the two works I got my initial flavor text from?