The Resistance: Return of the Tyrant (Game 3)

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by NZPIEFACE, Aug 7, 2017.

1. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted no for the mission actually. We need another 24 hours to talk

@thrynki
    @Uno
    @Zone Q11
    @Axiel

For some reason, Zone Q11 is being very suspicious. I don't want to believe he is a spy because I assumed he was from the very beginning.

2. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    However, in the next selection of members, we MUST say yes to the mission or else we will all fail.

3. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wait, I'm retarded, @NZPIEFACE hasn't sent the official list out. My bad!

4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. And so is someone else.

Axiel likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that was my own view on it, on my own reply to the post you replied to... The one that said that you made a kickeable offense, was Arc-chan.

Hmmmmmm... I think she meant you meta-gamed, like basing replies on the timing of people's answer (I don't remember this tbh, but I trust Arc-chan on those things) when they could simply be sleeping or working, or basing things on GM's behavior to discover what the role of someone is.

Like... Technically speaking, Resistance is a game meant to be played without a GM, IRL, facing the people and judging their expressions... This is already an adaptation, but the GM shouldn't be a factor anyone takes into account, because the GM shouldn't even exist in the first place... That's kinda why I said that basing your mistrusts on the GM is bad, because the GM isn't something that should exist in the original version of the game, so the online GM should be as neutral as possible.
    Oh no, you have 5 attempts to make a team, Thrinky's team is the first one, it means you have 4 more attempts.

The only team you'll be forced to accept, is Zone's team.

Axiel likes this.
  6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I was being lenient cause I thought the dude died. Didn't really affect anything either apart from the fact that he couldn't vote or choose missions.
    Actually, it would be better for Resistance when he wasn't voting, because that would be 1 guaranteed non-mission-fail, as he wouldn't vote.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    However you guys take it is up to you.

m7vpc and Axiel like this.
  7. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I understood that the "kick" was from Arc-chan. I just mentioned it to you because you didn't think I broke the rules but Arc-chan thinks I did something kickable. I'll just have to wait it out to hear what Arc-chan has to say.

I understand that the resistance game is meant to be played without a GM and I totally agree with you that this is an adaptation. One difference between real life and this game is concerning how we can assume it is a fair team game (specifically dealing with troll members). In real life, we can assume that people are playing not to troll because there are real life consequences (people don't like you or play with you). In the online world, because we don't know/trust each other, moderators are the reason why we can trust in a fair team game. If the online moderator doesn't seem to be correcting what we perceive as a troll, then we have to trust the moderator is doing his/her job, therefore the "troll" isn't doing anything against his own team. The difference of having a moderator is related to what we are talking about. This is because our trust in a fair game that no one is trolling relies on the GM, not each other player.
    If some player (resistance or spy) was trolling (not participating in his objective of the game), would you reprimand or remind the player?

Also concerning what I said about failing the mission, I was under the assumption that we had only 2 attempts. I asked the GM about it but we must've had bad communications because I didn't get a clear response about whether it is 2 or 5 attempts. You can see it earlier where I asked in this forum whether it's we'd lose on the second attempt.
    @NZPIEFACE

8. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you don't want me to comment on the GM's response or share my thoughts about it with others. But can you delete your third sentence? If you don't, I'll have to comment on it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone wasn't voting, I would remind them to vote on the 1st time, and kick them on the 2nd time.

If they were trolling though, I'd let them do as they please, trolling is a valid strategy, trolls are the hardest to read IMO, so if someone acts as a troll in every game they play, nobody will ever know their allegiance, because they always troll.

It can be a good, or bad thing though, it depends.

Blitz, Arcturus, Wobbly and 3 others like this.
  10. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trolling may be a valid strategy in some games. But certainly not this game. Here is my analysis.

Assume player A is a resistance member.
    Let's say he trolls, defined as not participating in his team's objective. That would make this game basically from 4 resistance member vs 3 spies to either 3 resistance member vs 4 spies (resistance pov because they don't know each other) or 3 resistance member vs 3 spies vs 1 troll (spies pov since they know each other). This would be unfair for the resistance team because a trolling teammate would hugely leave them at a disadvantage

Assume player B is a spy.
    Let's say he trolls, defined as not participating in his team's objective. That would make this game basically from 4 resistance members vs 3 spies to either 3 resistance member vs 2 spies vs 1 troll or 4 resistance members vs 2 spies. This would be unfair for the spy team because it would leave them at a huge huge disadvantage if they get revealed.

There is no advantage of playing a troll. The best strategy is either proving yourself innocent OR pretending to be the resistance.

Also, side note warlokid, if he is a spy, is NOT a troll. He would be playing legitimate nevermind how bad he may be.

11. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Blitz, AliceShiki and m7vpc like this.
  12. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! :blobxd:
    Trolling is tha best technique~

AliceShiki and m7vpc like this.
  13. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we review @Zone Q11's innocence.

I know I claimed he was innocent because I thought he was very helpful from the beginning, but these past few missions he did not vote for the mission (which shouldn't happen in the original game). Even if something occurred in real life, can we review why @Axiel and @thrynki thought he was suspicious. I'm still not getting what mission he proposed was very suspicious.

14. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    My kickable is just in reference to metagaming, not to the fact that I would kick you if I was GM. And my response was simply giving examples of metagaming, which I am not a fan of. Regardless, no argument should ever be prefaced by discussing a GM action or inaction, that is a bad argument and should never be used and doing so is a sure way to annoy any GM. Everything that @brasca123 has said about metagaming and the game being an adaptation pretty much covers all my thoughts on the subject. That's all I was trying to say.
    Actually brasca is incorrect. You have 4 attempts to make a mission. In resistance you will always have one more mission attempt then there are spies, to prevent a mission from being an automatic fail, due to all potential mission captains being spies.

Blitz likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh... When I played IRL it was always five... My bad... *rolls away*

16. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    That is technically what the rules say. But my variant (and the way my friends play) allows for there to be 5 spies which could result in an automatic mission fail if there were only 5 captains, so we have always played the number of spies plus one.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh? So 1 round get 4 tries(for the current game)? I thought it was an accumulative type between 5 rounds..

There goes my plan to auto fail them all..

18. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    .....no comment

19. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to vote yes.

This is still mission 4 so spies need 2 members.

20. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol did you think it was 4 tries accumulative? That would be crazy.