The Resistance: The First Steps (Game 1)

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Arcturus, Nov 26, 2016.

?

Who will win the first missions?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2016.
  1. Tony

42.6%
  2. The resistance

57.4%
  1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was known is lost; for none now are active on NUF who remember it.

It began slowly. There was a free land, full of care-free, fun-loving and irresponsible people. They called this great land NUF.

It began with the creation of the moderator tools. Nine were crafted and given to those members of NUF most trusted. Into these tools was given the strength and will to govern the masses of NUF, to turn back the tides of anarchy and division that always seemed to be close at hand. And for a time there was Peace

But the ruler of the Nine, @Tony became corrupted by his desire for power. He deceived his fellow staff members and created another tool. In the land of the Moderators, in the fires of Mount Doom, the dark lord @Tony forged, in secret, a master hammer to control all NUF members. And into this Hammer he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life.

One Hammer to Ban them All.

One by one the free lands of NUF fell to the power of the Hammer. The Adventurer’s Guild, The Kingdom Royale, the many sects, even the great Danmei Room. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of Men and Cats marched against the armies of the corrupted Moderators.

A small band of the strongest members of the Resistance has been chosen to carry out 5 crucial missions to destroy the Ban Hammer, and break @Tony ‘s power once and for all. However it has been discovered that some of these members are traitors to the Resistance, Spies who will in secret cause these missions to fail and cause @Tony to reign forever.

Will the Resistance follow @Das and bring a new land of freedom?

Or will tyranny be the new way of NUF?

Only You can decide.

I'll start up a game of Resistance with me as mod/god if there are sufficient people who pm/reply with interest in playing. The rules of Resistance are very simple.
    You have 5 missions. Good people (Resistance members) want to pass the majority of the missions, while bad people (spies) want to fail them. These rules are stolen from elsewhere, the comments in parentheses are my variation on these rules.
    Rules
    • The game requires between five and ten players. (not true, it can easily be played with more, thought the balance is tricky, I'll take up to 15 people in a game. I also don't like playing with less than 7)
    • Approximately one third of the players are randomly chosen as spies; the rest are members of the Resistance.
    • The spies know who the other spies are, but Resistance members do not.
    • The game consists of up to five missions. (if we have more then 12 people, it will be a 7 mission game)
    • Each mission has a leader. The leader proposes a mission team of a certain size, which the group approves by public vote.
    • If the group does not approve the mission by a simple majority, leadership passes to the next player .
    • If the group cannot approve a mission team after a certain number of attempts, the mission fails. (also depends upon the number of players)
    • Once a mission team is chosen, it votes by secret ballot whether the mission succeeds or fails.
    • Resistance members will always vote for success, but spies have the option of voting for success or failure.
    • It usually only takes one spy on the mission team to sabotage a mission, but sometimes the fourth mission requires two. (It will require 2 for the fourth and if a 7 mission game, 2 for the sixth as well)
    • If three missions succeed, the Resistance wins. If three fail, the spies win. (In a 7 mission game, 4 missions are necessary to win or lose)
    And finally, the last, but most important rule of all:

• You are allowed to say anything, to any one, at any time -- as long as it is said publicly. (still true)

Other rules of mine:
    I have decided to restart this attempt at resistance using a slightly different style of play. Please read the prior instructions to ensure that you are up to date on the rules. Each leader will have 24 hours to discuss who should be on their mission. This will then be followed by a 24 hour period where you can vote whether the chosen members will go on the mission or not. Voting will be done by telling me in your role pm. Failure to vote, will result in an automatic no to the selected members of the mission. You may continue to discuss as the voting goes on. You may only vote once and upon selection, cannot change your vote. The people sent on the mission will also tell me whether or not they will pass or fail the mission when they send in their vote on whether the chosen members should go on the mission. I will reveal the votes at the end of the 24 hour period. Failing to vote will thus result in you automatically passing the mission if you are on it.

The number of possible mission captains for a mission will be one more than the total number of spies in the game. If all of the mission captains' choices are rejected by the group, then the mission automatically fails.
    Current Players:
    1. @Bielt
    2. @brasca123
    3. @SpearOfLies
    4. @A5G_Reaper
    5. @Nurman
    6. @NZPIEFACE
    7. @Chocol8
    8. @a101011
    9. @shad12ow

Let The Missions Begin!

Edit: Since people don't seem to understand the spirit behind the rules, No you cannot edit your posts and No you cannot post a screenshot of your role.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Matsurika, Bielt, AliceShiki and 8 others like this.
  2. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    The first mission Captain is @shad12ow . Who will be followed by @Bielt then @brasca123 , etc.

Roles will be coming shortly

Zone Q11, Bielt and AliceShiki like this.
  3. Chocol8

Chocol8 [Chocolate Sect Founder] [Chocolate Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    We will vote who will we follow? Tony or Das? or is that the first leader thing?

*Actually torn who to choose, wonders what choice will bring me closer to my chocolate icon*

Zone Q11 and A5G_Reaper like this.
  4. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it's just a question of who you think will win

5. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I see, then I will vote for the one who can give me chocolate icon now hehe

6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    >Nine were crafted and given to those members of NUF most trusted.

LOTR PTSD flashbacks

And you should add a rule: No editing posts.
    Because this is NUF, and not a IRL, there are some interactions you can't make sure happens, but you should at least have this rule.

And PM everyone their roles....

Oh wait, I didn't get a PM for my role, does that mean I'm a normal dude?

Blitz, Zone Q11 and ADABANA like this.
  7. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Can spies be caught and hunted down or sth?

8. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol my vote makes me look like a spy..
    Roles haven't been passed yet.. I think..

9. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Pming now. Gimme a few minutes
    Nope. You don't kill people.

10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

11. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    They are all out now. I was writing color text

12. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Now discuss. Discussion is the heart of the resistance

Zone Q11 and iampsyx like this.
  13. Justderpin

Justderpin 『Ice's Meanie』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a rebel, of course I'm voting for resistance!
    [​IMG]

Blitz and Zone Q11 like this.
  14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Down with the foul @Tony and his evil minions! We shall kill them, feast on their flesh, mount their heads on the wall and glory over their remains!

Blitz, Zone Q11, Bielt and 3 others like this.
  15. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw for this game there are 3 spies and 6 Resistance members. This means that you will only have at most 4 mission captains each round.

16. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, that was my favorite part of the color text for both of the roles.

17. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Fucking hell, where's my color :(

18. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't like feasting on flesh or mounting heads upon the wall?

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  19. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    No.
    I want color like this damn it.

20. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad. Also I'm gonna post the color text for both roles. :
    Spies
    You are a member of the Evil Empire of Mordor the Moderators. May the great and powerful @Tony reign forever. You and your compatriots will struggle to maintain the chains of tyranny and make a better world. Yet there are traitors amongst your most dearest friends who cannot see the beauty of @Tony. You must fail the majority of the missions and ensure that your traitorous friends get what they deserve. Kill them, feast on their flesh, mount their heads on the wall and glory over their remains and make sure to fail their pathetic missions.

The Empire of NUF depends upon it.

Resistance:
    You are a member of the Great Resistance. May the foul @Tony be cast down. You and your compatriots will struggle to fight off the chains of tyranny and make a better world. Yet there are traitors amongst your most dearest friends. You must pass the majority of your missions, or risk never seeing a better, freer tomorrow. Find your enemies kill them, feast on their flesh, mount their heads on the wall and glory over their remains and make sure they don't fail your missions.

The freedom of NUF depends upon it.

Blitz, Bielt, Nurman and 3 others like this.