Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL thanks.

(^_^)V

kly and LaDyViL like this.
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the system also bring the author over in order to inprove the story? (Lol :D)

Or was there another reason?(like a lot of people were dissapointed and the system decided to teach him a lesson for his lazy writing?) (Poor author pffff :D)

Boinkers, bluep, kly and 1 other person like this.
  3. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I think author was just plain brought over. Not sure if he does anything honestly (or I missed something reading MTL without looking at pinyin). Author's manner of death is hilarious though. He plugs in his electronics (his laptop I think) and dies by electrocution. XD

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg! Thank you very much Scriptor! I bless you for this gift you have given to us fellow readers

\(^v^)/

swordfish, bluep, kly and 2 others like this.
  5. Luen

Luen One Who Silences The TMI Onigiri Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, was that what it meant? Was the way I read it weird then cause 向天打飞机 can also mean masturbating towards the sky since 打飞机 is slang for masturbating...I just thought it made sense since he's the author of a story with an MC who's got an entire harem.

kly, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  6. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how to rate a novel on novelupdates? Cause nothing happens when I submit my rating for scum villain. Are there any prerequisites I need to have cause if scum villain's rating doesn't go up from its current 3 imma go berserk ^♢^¤
    (N yes that's a weapon I'm holding)

swordfish, Boinkers, kly and 2 others like this.
  7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't there a rating form below the chapter list?

kly likes this.
  8. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    I filled it. Nada. It still says that there's only one rating there. That stupid 3.

swordfish and kly like this.
  9. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably is 'masturbating towards the sky.' I suck at Chinese slang and modern stuff lol. Mind if I change the footnote to add that? :D

In the review form thingy at the bottom of the page, you need to click on the stars. Clicking the 4th star gives 4/5 star rating for example. You might need to 'submit' an empty review if the star isn't registering.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    kly, Luen and alexfilia like this.
  10. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused about something....the mc said that the originalmc! was a rich young master that had everything he wanted from birth but i read in the spoilers that he hsd a very rough childhood that made him hate people....did i get it right or am i confusing the mc with the ml? ( or is it the mc that is wrong :D)

bluep, kly and scriptor like this.
  11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Original!MC was sold by child traffickers to a rich family, but he was treated terribly by the young master in secret. So on the outside, it looked like he was raised lovingly, but in reality, he was abused.

12. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the tip n yeah go ahead with the footnote. After reading the two chaps I realized that u r translation of it suits the story more since MC calls the author 飞机 sometimes

Boinkers, kly, scriptor and 1 other person like this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, you have it @winter-t . Our MC only knows what was written in the novel (AKA that Shen Qingqiu came from a wealthy family, etc.). He doesn't know the deeper history that was never mentioned until near the end of the novel when he goes through system repair for the memories. This novel is full of misunderstandings lol.

swordfish, Boinkers, kly and 2 others like this.
  14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I'll credit you too lol. If you come across any slang I miss in the future, please tell me. :D

kly, Luen, alexfilia and 1 other person like this.
  15. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    Will do XD

kly and scriptor like this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the MC's disciples react when MC isn't outright bullying ML anymore?

kly, bluep and scriptor like this.
  17. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    They all thought that 'Shen Qingqiu' got replaced or had gone crazy lol. In one of the ending extras (pretty sure it was in the extras), all the Peak Lords get together and have a meeting to discuss this. They speculate on whether it's really him or a case of substitution but have to conclude it's really him since there was this sword that works as an alarm or something for the sect. MC could pull it out with no problems. Funniest thing was probably all the Lords (except maybe poor Yue Qingyuan who liked the original) agreed that they liked this Shen Qingqiu better.

All the disciples thought he'd gone crazy lolololol~ Except Ning Yingying; she's super sweet as you'll be able to tell later. She's the girl who switches from harem candidate to extreme fujoshi shipper. XD

Mrinmoye, ahsudole, Attica and 9 others like this.
  18. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yue Qingyuan likes the original MC that will betrayed and kill him later? :eek:

19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is filled with misunderstandings and tricky subtleties lol. You'll fall inside traps a lot. Our MC only read the novel version and so that's the limit of what he knows -- AKA the idea that 'Shen Qingqiu betrayed and killed Yue Qingyuan.' An idea that is WAY wrong.

YQY = Yue Qingyuan
    SQQ = Shen Qingqiu

In reality, YQY was probably the only person who SQQ (the original) could tolerate. And YQY was probably the only person who could tolerate (and like) that scumbag SQQ. SQQ had a really tragic life (street kid adopted by nobility, noble family is actually super abusive, etc.). SQQ was shaped by the life he'd lived, though he wasn't a cupcake even without 'life sucks' tarring his personality. YQY and SQQ knew each other very early on and were good buddies in a manner of speaking.

What happened was like this: Our original!ML is a master of deception among other talents. He captures original!Shen Qingqiu and tortures him. YQY manages to drop by somehow at one point to try for a rescue attempt, but original!SQQ refuses because he wants YQY to be let off the hook by ML. His wording makes it sound super harsh though, so sad puppy YQY leaves thinking even the person he likes hates him. ML tortures SQQ some more, chopping off his legs and sending it YQY to instigate him. YQY is super upset and angry of course; he charges into what is a suicide mission and is stuffed full of arrows like a pincushion (literally) by ML. SQQ is super upset when he learns from ML in next torture session that he used him (SQQ) to kill YQY. Even as he's getting cut into a human stick, he's still thinking that no matter what, YQY shouldn't have been the one to suffer... ;-;

ahsudole, Aeli, swordfish and 7 others like this.
  20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye... so depressing, good thing that part is a long way from being tl. :confused:

kly, alexfilia and scriptor like this.