Novel The time when I got thrown in a parallel world

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Grave1Mix, Jul 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Grave1Mix

Grave1Mix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, I'm new member of NUF and I'll be posting my first novel. God I'm nervous, but #$%& it. I just want to hear what you guys think of it. Please criticize to your heart's content. It's still just Chapter One so I don't really expect any great comment's since this one has a slow moving plot at the start.

Title: The time when I got thrown in a parallel world

Also newbie work, so please give suggestions and any good titles, this one is just a temporary title.

Synopsis:
    Reve Flamus was a former assassin, and because of his savior, Reina Schwartz, he had developed an interest in magic. Aiming to revive magic into his world, he now aims to be an archeologist. The easiest way he had thought of to revive magic was for him to travel to the past and learn it himself, but in reality that was impossible. Without thinkning too much on it, he made a wish. Hearing Reve's wish the god of life Cresto attempted to grant his wish, but was interefered by Sircus, the god of war. Reve was then sent to a parallel world, that branched out of his original world's timeline. Being thrown in an unknown world how will he move forward....

Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04
    Chapter 05
    Chapter 06
    Chapter 01
    The Past, The Future and the Gods’ Crime​

Sounds of gunshots resounded throughout the mansion. I’m surrounded by countless number of enemies and the higher-ups of this place would’ve been informed already of what I did. It was only a matter of time till their whole forces come to this place.

“Tsk! Every time I go to an intersection there’s always someone ready to intercept me. I have no choice I guess I’ll jump out of the window.”

I pointed my pistol to the nearest window started shooting it. Once I got out, I made my way to the other side of the mansion, where an entrance to the mansion’s basement is located. I kick the door open and rushed to the place where they torture people.

The sight that welcomed me after opening the door was the figure of my friend covered in wounds, has some missing nails and traces of blood flowing out of her mouth.

I used the key I got from the second floor and started to take off all of her shackles.

「 Why did you come?... They’ll kill you. 」

「 I can’t leave you here. 」

「 Yes, you can. You said you have a dream. If you get killed here, then all the things you did would be for nothing. 」

「 It won’t come true if you get killed, idiot! You promised that it will be the two of us who’ll make that come true. Before, you told me to stand by my word, now it’s your turn to stand by yours. 」 Is what I told her as I hand her a pistol.

She sighed and took the pistol from my hand. 「 You and your excuses, I know that you just can’t live without me, stupid. 」

She paused then flashed me a grin. 「 But I guess it can’t be helped 」

“As soon as she recovers she also recovered that kind of attitude… It somehow pisses me off.”

Her name is Reina Schwartz. She is a woman, who is 8 years older than me and is also the one who took care of me when I was still little. She was a childish, and stubborn tomboy, who often messes with anyone and treats them like a gofer. She may be troublesome at times, but nonetheless she was still someone I respect. She gave me things I would’ve never found on my own and most of all she taught me how to trust. After that little exchange we got out of the room, but as expected there are already people waiting for us.

“The way they fired their guns… they don’t seem like they were aiming at us. It seems more like they were buying time.” As I was too busy thinking about this the other person didn’t even wasted a single moment to think. A number of gunshots beside fired and a moment later, none of them were still breathing.

She calculated all of the enemy’s position just by judging from the trajectory of the bullets and had her bullet ricochet to hit her targets. Doing a feat like that in less than minute, her amazing feat left me frozen as I stare at her.

Feeling my gaze, she turned to me and said. 「 Just so you know I’m not interested in “little” brats. 」

「 Where in the world did you get that idea, “granny”? 」

「 I’m still a teenager blockhead. I’ll kick your ass after this. 」

She talks like she’s mature but her childish side always surfaces up, and I also forgot to mention that she’s a sore loser that will get back at you with violence when she has nothing to retort. She doesn’t like getting messed with even though she does it to others all the time.

After that little banter we made our way outside the mansion, but the number of enemies are getting troublesome. As usual they’re quick to relay information and they’re trying to push us back, well more hold us back until their reinforcements arrive.

Although I don’t think we’ll lose to the like of them, I can’t help but feel like something dangerous will happen if we stay here. Hoping that my intuition be prove wrong, we pushed forward.

By the time we got out my hopes just got shattered after seeing the sight that welcomed us. The number of people in this place may reach over five hundred and all of them were armed. Not to mention that they have brought something that you don’t usually see being used these days as one of their means of subjugating us.

What I see in front of me is a crowd of people and numerous vehicles, along with some helicopters and tanks. Not those tanks where you store things, but a military tank.

“You’ve got to be kidding me...” Those were my real thoughts after seeing this sight. I mean, who in the world would use tanks just to subjugate two people. I know that they had tanks around this city, but I’m sure as hell that those things aren’t from this place. I stay frozen at the sight of the weapons of destruction in front of me, I only came back to my senses after I felt her smack on my back and heard the phrase “run!”.

Against this force of overwhelming firepower, we started to ran towards the places crowded with people. We honestly don’t give a damn about them since they’re the ones who’s aiming at us, and it was basic strategy for people like us to use our enemies as our shield. We blended in the crowd of people to make it hard for the helicopters and tanks to spot us. It is also because of it that we were able to avoid an attack concentrated at us, since they’ll end up shooting their comrades.

Although, hoping that the tanks and the helicopters won’t spot us is nothing but a wishful thinking. As soon as they found us they have opened fire. Luckily, the place was crowded with the cars they used for transportation. As a result, they ended up mowing their allies while we were able to avoid getting fatal damage.

You’ll be asking for the impossible, if you want us to avoid getting damage against those things. While I was busy paving a way for the two of us, I took a glance at Reina who was silent since the time we broke into a run.

She had a cold expression, while taking her aim at something. When I turn to look what she was aiming I saw a tank with a clear aim at us.

“Shit!” I quickly turned my body with the intention to tackle Reina out of the way. Well, I’m no hero so of course I won’t just push her away and take the shot, but before I even got the chance to get near her the tank exploded.

She fired a few rounds and the tank’s barrel exploded. She proceeded to empty the magazine she has shooting the helicopter on our tail got its fuel tank on fire and exploded a moment after.

“As expected of her...” are the only words I can think of.

I am a skilled gunman myself despite my age and height but I have no confidence whether I could beat the other members of our squad in a serious fight. Reina herself is already out of the question since our skills are levels apart.

I conceitedly thought that we’ll be able to escape if she can do that much, but that thought didn’t last long for another set of enemy reinforcement came. It was already hard to avoid getting a direct hit from those things, and that number of reinforcements is already pushing this situation to overkill.

It was also one of the time of my life that I thought. “This is the end, we’re never gonna make it.”

Even though I’m skilled I’m still a 10-year-old child. The reason I came here is to save the only friend and the only person I trust. I came alone since the other members said that it’s not worth to endanger the lives of others just to save one. I threw a fit and infiltrated on my own.

I turned to Reina when I suddenly heard something exploded near us. I closed my eyes and everything turned black – –.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

「 Mr. Fla…, Mr. Flamus… 」

“I feel like someone’s calling me...” As soon as I thought that something hit the back of my head giving me a wake-up call.

Curious at what hit me I lifted my face only to see the face of my smiling professor. I was sleepy and wasn’t able to resist because his boring class amplified my desire to sleep.

Why am I sleepy?

Well it because I was busy working, it’s a hobby of mine.

By the way the name’s Reve, Reve Flamus. I’m an 18-year-old student with a not so ordinary past, but hey I’m a nice guy. Though despite being a nice guy I don’t have any a special girl right now, not like I’m interested in the first place. Nope, it’s not an excuse because I can’t make one. It’s not that I can’t, it’s because I don’t make one.

Also I have a nice face, if I do say so myself and I’m not being narcissistic. It’s a given that elves have a nice face and I’m not an exception, even though I’m only half of it.

However, on the outside I look like a pureblooded elf and due to some reasons I hide the fact about my other half. If it was known publicly it’ll be a pain to deal with certain people. Also, I don’t hate my other half, I just want to avoid troublesome things.

Going back to the situation right now my bald professor’s eyes are not smiling despite him smiling at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

「 Mr. Flamus, care to explain why the “Great Empire of Mavis” lost the war against the “Tribes of Muskus Forest” despite having a huge advantage in numbers. If you can’t answer this simple question, then consider yourself failed. 」

This cueball is my professor in History, which is supposed to be obvious right now. There has been a lot times like this in the past but yeah, can’t do anything about it. So I can’t do anything than complain silently like this.

“That wasn’t a simple question… More like we’re ways away before we even get to that topic. I know that you’re angry because your class is so boring I always fall asleep, but asking something we haven’t even discussed is way too cheap baldy.”

Well enough of that farce it’s not like a problem for me since I study in advance.

「 I apologize, Professor Maxim, and what I believe that the reason is because the tribesmen of Muskus Forest succeeded in luring the enemy soldiers inside the forest and used the place to their advantage. 」I answered him with confidence.

“I see… well it’s a good thing that you weren’t just sleeping inside my class.” The professor took a turn and walked towards the front as he continued his lecture. As for me I did a mental fist pump thinking...

“Hahaha! serves you right cue ball! Though things might get hairy next time he caught me.” Is what I thought as he walks away from me.

“but damn~... it’s really been a while since I last had that dream...” So I thought distracting my mind so that I won’t fall asleep again.

It was the events that happened several years ago, and despite that it still appears so clearly in my dreams as if it was just yesterday. It is an event that I’ll definitely never gonna forget.

------------------------------------------------------

By the way I almost forgot say I’m a cold blooded killer, although that is a story years ago. I left the underground world back then, and I haven’t held a gun in years. In exchange I got proficient with sword fighting, martial arts and other sports.

Also, since I haven’t been maintaining my body lately, I’ve become weaker than I was a few years ago. Even though I said I was weaker than before, I’m still way stronger than an average person. Strength is one of the things that doesn’t deteriorate too much even after a few years of skipping training. It also helps that I keep the nutritional value, of what I will eat, in mind.

Also since I’ll be living normally with a grand goal at the moment, losing battle strength isn’t a big loss for me. Now what’s is my grand goal? Well before I answer that I’ll answer a question you probably thought of earlier.

“Can you do magic?” Well the answer is no, despite being an elf I have no knowledge regarding magic or whatsoever. It’s not only me, but every person in this world has no knowledge of that sort. Even though magic is greatly involved in the history of our world.

My goal is to bring magic back into this world once more. What? Why no one knows how to use magic? Well... people can’t do what they can’t. Even though there are tons of books that teaches magic, none of them worked.

No one actually knows the reason, and to find what that is, is one of the things I’ll need to find out. So here I am in this specialized high school course for people aiming to be archeologists. There are still numerous labyrinths, ancient structures and dungeons. Also the reason why there are a lot of students in this course especially in this school.

This is a preparatory school that is quite famous for having 85% of their students easily get in big shot institutes that produced a lot of famous archeologist. Hmm? Why did I get interested in it? You ask too many questions. Well I grew up hearing historical tales regarding magic from a certain tomboy.

------------------------------------------------

Time passed and the bells rung signaling the end of school hours. Since I have some free time before work starts I always read up on things in a library nearby. I study there most of the time and read about magic.

「It would be great if I could go to the past...」

I let out a sigh and rest my head on the table in front of me. I closed my eyes and drifted to world of dreams...

「Ahh!! I’m bored~」Said a handsome blonde man lying on the couch and squirms.

He suddenly sat up right as if he remembered something.

「Hihihi~ Everyone’s busy today so that place should be unguarded.」said the blonde man with a smile of a mischievous child.

He made his way out of the room, with the intent to be able to get to his destination undetected, though he’s conspicuous in any way you look at it. The only reason he’s able to continue undetected is because of the lack of people. One could even say that the place is deserted despite having well maintained fancy halls with lots of artistic designs. Just one look and anybody could say that to create would easily cost millions.

He slowly opened the door and closed it after entering. In the middle of the large decorated room there is a small pond without a single fish living in it. The man stood in front of it and lots of people got reflected on it. The only similarities of the people reflected on it is that every one of them made a wish.

「Now then which one should I choose…」

“It would be great if I could go to the past...” A faint voice the blonde man heard. The pond reflected the figure of a young elf.

「Hoo~ Now that’s some kind of wish. I’ve decided, three, two – –」

「What are doing?」

The blonde man froze in place after hearing a deep and clear voice call out to him. Slowly he turned his head to the source of the voice and there was a tanned man with a rather large build, who was leaning on the wall behind him, with his eyes closed and his arms folded. He has light brown colored hair and an air of a seasoned warrior.

「Aa... e... I was just... right! thinking of observing people once in a while. 」

「Hoo~ really? Then what were you gonna do just now? 」The man asked as he opened his eyes and looked straight at the blonde man.

「I was stretching. Yeah, that’s what I was doing. 」He answered as he started to stretch.

「I see, do you really think could fool me?」The man nodded his head and glared at him afterwards. The man walked towards him as he questioned him.

「Not really, hahaha... but I’m so bored and everyone’s busy...」 The blonde man replied with a hallow laugh.

「That doesn’t mean you could mess around with wishes. Do you understand why you’re forbidden to enter this room? 」

「Please let me do it, just one time.」he replied putting his hands together as if praying.

The large man let out a sigh and argued with him for a while, but finally gave up. They were supposed to settle down on granting some minor wish, but it seems that the blonde man wants to grant some time travelling wish that could very well effect the current timeline of the world.

「Cresto! A God like you should know better than to just try and grant those kinds of wish! Besides that, did you already forget what you did to this world before? 」The large man scolded the other.

「B-but Sircus it would be interesting.」

The continued arguing and the large guy, Sircus, was preventing the blonde guy that goes by the name of Cresto from granting a wish. Though Cresto is being more unreasonable and still want to grant that elf’s wish. The two continued fighting over and as a result their magic blended and then they lost control of it. After that, it happened.

The reflection of the young elf is still on the pond but the surrounding area is different. The young elf wasn’t in a library anymore. He was now surrounded by a wide variety of biodiversity. The two people on the room paused for a moment.

「That place is... Okay, I still got some work to do so I’ll be taking my leave. 」Sircus stated as he made his way to the door, only to be stopped by Cresto.

「Where do you think you’re going Sircus?」Cresto asked with a completely different air about him. The carefree and happy-go-lucky vibe that he has a while ago are nowhere to be found.

「Work.」He replied with a smile.

「Work my ass you sneaky little shit. You’re a part of this so I won’t let you go. 」

「It’s your fault in the first place and how did you even manage to throw him into that timeline.」

「Well considering I had your help it won’t be impossible and it should be fine if we could keep it a secret since it’s just one person. I just need you to help me erase the traces and this never happened. 」

「Let me tell you one thing. Throwing an individual from our timeline to a timeline governed by a different set of gods is akin to sending that person to another world and could very well start war with the other set of gods. You’re asking me to participate in that troublesome thing thinking I would say “okay”. 」

「Of course, since I already have an evidence that you’re with me this moment. If I get caught so will you and it should be fine, since the God of the other place seems to be a minor God that doesn’t have the skill to detect these kinds of interferences or a free willed God. Also it’s also because of those kinds of gods that some of their people can summon people from other worlds. 」

Sircus let out a sigh after hearing Cresto’s reasoning. You could say that the world where they accidentally threw the young elf is a world parallel to theirs, that branched off a major choice and separated from their world with the other thus creating a parallel world existence. It has completely different cultures, set of gods, and laws regarding their world, and was something that they shouldn’t be interacting with.

Cresto had a point then, there is really no choice but to help him. After all, he doesn’t want to get in trouble with the other gods. So this will be a secret story about the time when they threw someone to a parallel world, that only the two of them knows.

Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04
    Chapter 05
    Chapter 06

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Allchemic and Ocarina like this.
  2. Ocarina

Ocarina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused about the MC. So he's an elf assasin that fight tanks? Or he's a person that gets transported to another world twice?

And avoiding tanks by running into swarm of foot soldier is weird imo. They'll just be beaten to death, it's 5000 armed units after all.

3. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no, It's was the girl with him, he's not skilled enough for that feat. and i don't remember putting 5000 armed units there. At most will be 500-600 armed units.Of course the people who're inside the tanks are also counted in it.

Well they'll survive with some help, i believed i mentioned a squad there.

His original world is already a fantasy world that just lost its magic, but that doesn't mean people from the fairy race would stop to exist.
    Meaning he's only transported once. He's transported to a parallel world, but since the movement of history greatly differed it is now akin to another world.
    In that other world the Gods Cresto and Sircus don't exist, because due to the different flow of history the wishes of people which lead to their birth was non-existent. Gods are born from the wishes of people after all.

Well, i think i'll just edit it more later.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  4. Dxynix

Dxynix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this post was about you getting thrown down the stairs or something, man.

I was really interested in a some shit post about getting thrown down the stairs, too. I don't know why?

5. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited Ver.1.1~

6. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04

Chapter 02

First Contact​

Grrr...

I noticed that there was some kind of change that happened around me even with my eyes are still closed. I felt like the table I was sleeping on got harder and cooler. I also noticed that it somehow got windy, when I should be inside a library, and most of all I hear a distant growling that isn’t coming from my stomach, and it was getting closer.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the biodiversity that surrounds me and the rock I was using as a table. Also the gradient of the light reflected on the plants indicate that it’s noon.

“There’s no way would be asleep that long.”

Then I looked to the direction where I heard the growling. What I saw was a large cat-like monster that has a single horn looking at me with the eyes of a predator in front of its prey.

“What in the world is this thing?!” I seriously thought. I don’t have any knowledge regarding animals, but I’m sure as hell there isn’t an animal like this one. I slowly positioned my body so that I could get stand and get away from this place without surprising this monster, and when I was about to run, my phone’s alarm rang.

The sound of a bell resounded from his phone in the loudest volume.

“Fuck! Why did it ring now?! Tch. The headset jack got removed.”

If it was noon then there is no way it should ring this time of day, but I don’t have the time to ponder about this it should be better to get away from here.

The beast let out loud roar followed by its claws. I was able to evade just in the nick of time. I quickly stood up and initiated my tactical retreat. No, I’m not running away. I could seriously kick that stupid cat’s ass, but unfortunately I don’t have any weapon at the moment. I’m no Hercules after all, I can’t just bare handedly defeated that large monster.

As I run through the forest I checked what I have on my person and as I expected my bag that was left on the baggage area wasn’t teleported with me. How did I know I was teleported? Because that’s the only reason I could think of at the moment. I only have a pen, my library card, my headset, a few bucks and my phone.

I could use the pen if I was against a human, but against that thing it would be useless. I clicked my tongue as I remembered the technique I was taught when I was little. I don’t know if my current body would be able to withstand that technique, but it is my only hope. My instructor told me that it was an ancient martial art technique called 『Spirit Channeling』.

The key is to use your own life force and create an aura that can envelop your body and boost your attacks, defense, and reaction time. It’s a technique that uses an enormous amount of stamina.

I quickly turned around and saw that the large cat lunge on me. That scene may look fast to other, but to me it was a very slow moving scene. I slipped under the cat and landed a few strikes on its jugular. A moment later that stupid cat choked to death.

Although I only use it for a moment I felt a little tired already, but the good thing is I defeated the monster and it also seems like the stamina consumption of that technique is not as much as I thought. Though the effects of it seemed to be downgraded. If his body is the same as the one he had a few years ago then that stupid cat’s head would’ve flown away.

I walked over to observe the monster that attacked me and was convinced that it isn’t something I have any knowledge of. I broke off its horn and took it with me before I move on. I took it because it might be some kind of unknown species and the horn might have a pretty handsome price, not to mention that I could use it as a weapon if ever I get attacked by something again. Plus, the ride to get back home isn’t free.

I started to travel using the treetops to avoid getting found out by something. This is a forest after all and that thing earlier might not be alone.

“Hear me brave souls and answer my call.”

“What was that just now?” I stopped on my tracks and looked around.

“Save me from this place and I’ll offer my soul”

“Even if you tell me that I don’t really have any use for souls, and how do you do this? It seems like the voice was getting directly transmitted to me and for some reason I also know the direction it came from.”

“Hear me brave souls and answer my call.”

Did she just repeat that line?

“Save me from this place and I’ll offer my soul”

Yup, looks like she did, I thought I could answer with my thoughts since that’s how they normally do it in movies. Looks like she can only transmit and can’t receive replies. I guess I have no choice but to see for myself, since she can do something like this she might know how to use magic, if this is some transmission device I’ll be sure to wreck it for getting my hopes up.

With that I started on my way to the owner of the mysterious voice. I also made sure to pick some fruit along the way, since I don’t know how far the place is.

As I expected it was far, it took me till sundown to make. I don’t even know how far I ran. All I know is that its freaking far.

What I arrived at is a giant cave, just the opening of the cave is as wide and as tall as a five story building. Thinking about the cartoons I watched, cave with large openings is often a nest for dangerous monsters and my danger alarm is ringing like crazy. Those things only exist in fiction, is what I told myself as I move onwards to the source of the voice.

As I move onwards I hear a snoring sound reverberated throughout the cave. It was quite loud, and it’s something that you can’t expect to have come from a small being. Which could only mean that the something lives in here is a big monster.

Come to think of it the stupid cat that attacked me earlier is almost three meters in height even when it’s standing. It’s definitely not something normal. Being a former cold blooded killer that I am, I’m quite well versed in covert operations and have a lot of confidence in my infiltration skills.

That event years ago is an exception, they knew that I was gonna come. Though even if they knew about that I still got to the second floor of that mansion without raising an alarm. Well enough about that and focus on the current situation.

I sneaked inside the dark cave. It was a good thing that I was trained to adjust my eyes to darkness quickly and detect people via echo location. Currently I am traversing a rocky path and I can’t get a good picture of the monster that is snoring loudly, since it’s too big.

When I finally reached the place I instantly took cover at the nearest large boulder and took a peek. The moment I saw the monster that was living in this cave I could not help but go back to the cover and massage my temple.

“I’m watching too much cartoons, I guess I have to regulate that when I go back. Yeah, there’s no way that exist right, let’s take another look.” Is what I thought to convince myself out of the too absurd situation at hand.

I tried to look once again, but it’s still there. I went back to my cover, and crouched as I held my head.

“It’s a dragon alright. I guess it’s no use denying it. Luckily it’s sleeping soundly, I guess I could at least take a peek at it and just come back once I inform the country about it. They won’t be able to tell me I’m crazy if I bring evidence.”

I took my phone out and took a picture. My phone is of the latest model that has night vision, so I have no need for things like flashes. I’m so glad I bought this phone and just like I pushed onwards.

Deeper into the cave there was a pedestal that houses a single jewel. The jewel was shining brightly that it’s the only source of light in the cave. I honestly thought there would be mountains of treasure along with an imprisoned princess, but what I found is an empty space with only a pedestal and shining jewel inside.

Though it would seem that the voice is coming from the jewel. I did say earlier that I’ll smash it if it was a device but this jewel got me interested. It’s only a jewel so it should be fine to take it.

“This jewel is too interesting to leave in the hands of a dragon.” With that thought in mind I took the jewel off the pedestal and it stopped shining. It also stopped the repeated transmission it was doing earlier. I began to feel danger so I swiftly ran to the exit making sure that the dragon hadn’t notice me.

Though I never thought at that time that that jewel is what would change my whole life...

In a fancy castle somewhere stands a man with blonde hair, who wiped his sweat along with a large guy. These two were Cresto and Sircus, both of these guys just finished erasing every single trace of what they have done.

「Whoo~ Now that’s a job well done. Don’t you think so, Sircus? 」

「Haa~ don’t make me do this again you hear?」

「I know, I know. Plus, I already lost the reason to bug you guys again, since I have a new playmate. 」

「You don’t mean that elf earlier, right?」

「No, it him there’s no other person is there.」

「For god’s sake Cresto, don’t interfere with that elf anymore. What if you get caught? 」

「You worry too much Sircus, I’ll be careful.」

「That’s not the point, dumbass. If you go down, I’ll be caught up in it. 」

「Don’t worry it’s fine as long as I’m not caught.」

「Ugh… This is hopeless.」

「Mind telling me what’s hopeless?」 A sweet womanly voice asked.

The two were frozen in place as soon as they heard that. The sounds of stilettos hitting the ground grew louder by the second and the two of them slowly turn to look at the source of the sound and saw a red-headed beauty that no one could deny.

「M-Mistry do you need anything here?」Cresto asked in a very unnatural way that Sircus clicked his tongue after hearing Cresto’s horrible acting.

The woman walked towards Cresto and caressed his cheeks as she looks at Cresto in the eyes, with every single movement of hers can seduce just about anyone.

「Nothing really... I just felt sad that the two of you were having fun without me. You know you could always have “fun” with me anytime, anywhere...」She whispered sweetly into Cresto’s ear.

Seeing that Sircus can’t help but sigh. He remembered that Cresto isn’t good with Mistry, and decided to intervene.

「Mistry, what’s your business here?」

「Ara, I just said it, did I not?」

「We both know that is just a ruse, state your real reason.」He replied with the air of intimidation.

「How uncute of you, well I just notice that the room was getting used so I came to check out what’s happening, only to find both of you here. Cresto isn’t supposed to be in here too. 」She answer and took a glance at Cresto, before looking at Sircus once more.

“This is bad.” Thought Sircus and take a look at Cresto. Cresto was already shedding cold sweat because of Mistry and is already not in the condition to make excuses.

「Ah. I caught this guy lurking in this room and stopped him before doing anything we were in the middle of an argument just before you came in.」

「I see, so Cresto was being hopeless. Then what about the usage of this room, I definitely sensed something, care to explain. 」Mistry asked with a devilish smile on her face.

“So it really came to that. If we can’t satisfy her curiosity, we’ll be caught. Think! Think!” Sircus unlike his serious expression is desperately thinking as he looks around as he accelerated his thought process. “That’s it!”

「You see since this guy won’t give up, had to make him something. Cresto show her what your holding in your hand. 」

Cresto caught up on Sircus’ plan. The thing in his hand is a mirror with the ability like the pond although it is a downgraded version since a god can’t interfere with reality using it unlike the pond. The only similarity is the omnipotent surveillance ability that lets the user observe anybody anywhere.

「H-here...」

Although Cresto is still stuttering when talking it is a normal occurrence when Mistry’s around so he doesn’t sound suspicious at all.

「I see, then I guess I was wrong. I was convinced that you guys did something that’s clearly a violation of the rules. Hahahaha~」 Said Mistry as she laughed away her suspicion.

Cresto who was still nervous, got a little calmer after getting out of a pinching situation. A moment later Mistry left saying she still has some jobs to do and left the two gods alone.

「Phew~ That was close.」Cresto said in relief.

「Well, why do you have something like that anyway?」

「I can’t come here normally like everyone else so I created it earlier.」

「In short while I was doing my best to erase the traces you were making something like that.」 Sircus stated as he looked at Cresto with serious eyes. Cresto just looked away and started whistling.

「Well, I’ll forgive you for now since we got saved because of that, but don’t you do that again or I’ll strangle you.」

「Yeah~」 Cresto replied like a child who has a new toy. For the time being the crisis of this two gods have been evaded.

Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  7. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    A new chapter~

8. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04

Chapter 03
    The Students of Von-Railey Academy​

In a quiet and a very relaxing frontier village. There was a girl running around ruining the relaxing atmosphere of the village.

「LATE! I’M LATE! SO GET OUT OF THE WAY!!」The girl yelled as she rushed away without a care about the surrounding people.

The people who were relaxing and living the slow life were all disturbed by the girl’s racket, but they chose to just ignored her for all of them were already used to this scene. They just dismiss the thought with “Oh, she’s late again.” and go back to their work.

The girl was wearing the uniform of the only school in their area. It was a white colored uniform composed of a tight sleeved undergarment with traces of brown lines as design, followed by their white colored vest and a reddish brown colored skirt fluttering in the air. Though what stood out the most is the sword hanging on the girl’s waist as she ran through the streets.

She made her way to the fanciest building in their area, that stood out more than the government buildings. It was a school that was founded by a viscount that lived there long ago, but when the viscount died it was handed to the government. Even though it’s still up and running the school’s performance is said to have fallen down that it wasn’t comparable to its glory back when the viscount was still alive.

Though it still is one of the official schools accepted by government and is an important facility that trains soldiers and knights with the exception of mages and magic swordsmen, since mages, magic swordsmen are only trained in the capital city. If they produce great results they could be accepted to the schools in the capital free of charge. Of course everyone can get in those schools even without recommendations, if they have the money that is.

The girl who is running about the area is a third year student of the Von-Railey Academy. Von-Railey Academy is still one of the top schools around the country, even though the quality of their students definitely dropped since the passing of the Viscount.

The students who were at the top of graduates during the time of the Viscount, were people who were now widely known for their skills and power. They are also the reason why this country is known as one of the nations with the strongest military power.

She ran hastily to their classroom only to find out that the classroom was empty. She held her head thinking why is their classroom empty. She went outside for a moment to make sure that she entered the right room, but it’s a given that she won’t make that kind of mistake.

She sat at her seat, which is on the third row of the seats near the window, and held her head thinking of what was discussed yesterday. Even though she tried her best to remember but she can’t think of anything. Giving up on her futile a persistence and looked outside. The sky was clear and the wind was blowing nicely, the day was perfect to have an outdoor activity. As she thinks of those kinds of things her eyes were drawn to the people gathered at the grounds.

A moment after seeing the students at the grounds she remembered her teacher’s words yesterday.

“Tomorrow we will have a performance test at “Horunu Forest” please be sure not to be late.”

「Ahh!!」With that she suddenly stood up and ran towards the school grounds where they were supposed to be gathered. Every people here are all third years since the first and second years were deemed to be lacking in technique and courage, and is to be trained until they reached their third year.

Training only won’t make the students stronger, so on top of sparring with their instructor, they are given the chance to fight monsters on a one-on-one battle. The instructors catch lower level monsters and take them to the academy. This now creates an environment where students can see their own mistakes and learn from it without the danger of getting killed.

That fact is changed at the time they become third years. This is where the real thing starts. There are no retries in this year one mistake and death is something that would be unavoidable. Today this new batch of third year will make their first step on the outside world. There is a high probability that someone will die but it’s not something that could stop this event from occurring. This is discussed and is approved by both the students and their parents. So even if a student is to die, the school can’t be blamed for it is something that was approved by both parties.

By the time she got to the grounds almost everyone is already prepared. She looked around the grounds searching for people in the same class and luckily she spotted a girl who has orange colored tail waggling around. The girl was none other than her friend. Seeing her friend brought colors back to her pale face and quickly went to her.

「Oi!~ Fran! Tell what’re we gonna do here? 」

「Hmm? Rea…Huh? Don’t tell me you…」

「Pretty please! I completely forgot about it! 」 She pleaded as she closed her eyes and joined her hands together as if she were praying.

「I am amazed... you were so excited yesterday and yet you forgot about it. 」

「A lot happened and it completely slipped out of my mind.」

「Hee~ Is that so~ I see, I see~ fufufufufu~」 Fran replied with a sadistic glint in her eyes.

The moment Fran said those words an unshakable feeling of uneasiness attacked her. She opened her eyes and saw her friend with grin on her face. Just the looks of it alone doesn’t seem like it’ll result to anything good.

「Now, what should I have Rea do?~」Fran stated happily like a child thinking on how she should play with her toy.

「Eh!! Can’t you make an exception just for today? Or at least postpone that talk for another day. 」

「Ok, I’ll save it for another day~ fufufufu~」

It was a custom for the two of them to do something for the other if they ever rely on the other. It was more like a custom where Rea would do something for Fran, since Fran rarely relies on Rea and can be counted in one hand. On the other hand, the times Rea did can’t be counted. There never passed a week where Rea hadn’t relied on Fran, and Fran was very amused of Rea every single time.

「Then, what’s the deal?」

「Well, did you bring your... oh, right I forgot that you always carry that. Since you already have your weapon get on the line over there and get one of those things Miss Ursula hands out. 」 Fran answered Rea pointing on the people in line near the carriages.

「What’s that for?」

「Who knows... We’re just told to get one. We won’t be allowed to come if we forgot to get one. 」

「Hmm... Thanks, I’ll go get mine. 」

-----------------------------------------------

After every student confirmed their names and take one of the items handed out by the instructors. They were ordered to line up by class. An old lady that looks about 40~60 years of age stepped forward. Though she is old the air she exudes is like one of those masters that you can’t simply go against.

「Everyone listen! Today all of you will be taking your first step towards your dreams. For the last two years you were taught and tempered at this academy. Now it is for all of you to leave your comfort zones and challenge the real world. I want you students to remember a few things from us and carve it in your hearts.

First: Never underestimate your foes no matter how they look like. This is a very obvious thing to say, but there are still people who judge by appearance.

Second: Always be cautious. Where you students will go is a vast forest, and you are not alone in that place.

Third: You’re not heroes. I know this is a cruel thing to say, but always prioritize own safety than the safety of another. If you want to do some heroics, then at least do it once you’ve gained enough experience. There is no use of being a hero if you don’t live to see another day.

Fourth: Wise people don’t court danger. Don’t pick fights with monsters that are stronger than you.

Lastly: Never give up. There are times when you’re caught up in situations that you can’t escape. It is during those times a bit of courage and a strong resolve to survive can change the flow of the situation.

I want all of you to return to this academy alive. That is my honest feelings, so please remember these words. We have made those pendants that we handed out earlier to support this cause.

We have been able to procure enough materials to create one for every third year student and create those『Teleportation Pendants』. It will activate once you say the word “powrót osnuć” and transport you to the Magic Formula engraved in the large mat I’ll have set up in the camp by the entrance of the forest. 」

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the principal’s long speech, we got inside the carriages and made our way to the forest of Horned-beasts the “Horunu Forest”.

「I’m so excited, hahahaha!!」

「You’re too excited, if you keep that up you might be the first one to get killed.」

「Hahahaha! That won’t be possible for I have this! 」Rea declared as she hold on to her pendant.

「Rea, that thing doesn’t activate automatically. If you can’t satisfy its conditions for activation, it won’t work and if you’re in battle if you’re even a beat slower in doing it, you might be dead before you even get transferred. 」

「Geh... ha-hahaha! O-of course I know that! 」

--------------------------------------------------------

We spent the time we had during the travel by discussing how we should move in the forest. Some wanted to hunt alone while some wanted to be in groups. Well I ended up being paired with Fran. She’s well verse with lots of weapon and is one of the top rankers, which also means that she’s a candidate to be sent to the capital. Me? Well I’m in the top 47th Rank. I still have the midterm and finals so if I do great here I might even be counted as one of the candidates.

The candidates are the third years who occupy the ranks from 1 to 20, and the only ways to raise your rank is these three events. The first one is this Performance test, next is the Rank Wars, and the last once is the Individual Rank Battles. Also since all three of them is done once in each term, I have to perform great on all nine events.

Unfortunately, I got paired with the last term’s champion, so I got eliminated after the preliminaries last term. When I tried to complain they just brushed it off with a wonderful reason “Luck is also a part of a skill”. There’s only six events left that I can use to make it to the top 20, so I have to work harder.

Also, rankings are separated by year, so there can be freshmen who are stronger than seniors, of the third year curriculum. Plus, the winners of the Rank Wars are the only ones with the right to participate. There will be at most nine people from each school that will participate. Although there are rare cases where one group took the crown three times.

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, enough with that for now. We have arrived near the Horunu forest. The instructors swiftly set the camp not taking more than 20 minutes. After that we were ordered to line up and listened to the information the instructors are willing to tell us. Like what type of monsters live in the forest, also what monsters to steer clear from and the general layout of the place. They also told us how we’re gonna be graded and that we can’t go back to the forest after using the pendant, even though it could be used repeatedly.

As we planned I headed inside the forest with Fran. Our strategy if ever we came across a large number of monster or a strong monster, is that I’ll would be keeping the enemy at bay while Fran provide long range support. She chose to use a bow out of the weapons she could use because it was the one she was most proficient with. Though she did bring a sword and a shield for emergency cases.

Also since I’ll be taking most of the burden, Fran lent me her extra armor. It was light but it should be sturdy enough to take hard blows. Fran might act sadistic, cold and distant at times, but she still cares for her friends. I jumped on her and hugged her tightly as we fell to the floor of the female dressing tent. Well it isn’t a room.

「Hehehe~ You know you’re really cute at times.」

「Wh-what are you doing, Rea?!」 She asked in protest with her face red in embarrassment.

「Aww~ you cute little devil. You’re really cute when you’re embarrassed. 」 I told her as I rub my cheeks against hers.

「Wha-」 She stopped at that first syllable and landed a solid hit on my head. I fell to the floor and grabbed my head in pain.

「That hurts... 」 I told her teary-eyed.

She looked away and told me that I reaped what I sow. After that everybody gathered at the exit, once it starts there will be a huge race. Since there are a lot of people in groups, the first half of the test would be slow. The bigger their group is the slower they’ll progress and once the latter half starts everybody should already have a good grasp of the monsters that live in the forest and will start to move individually.

One of the instructors stood by the exit and started the count down.

Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Start!

Fran and I decided to stay at the back to avoid injuries before the test actually starts. Once the irritating mob of people who were dragging each other down are out. Both Fran and I, made our move and tried to avoid places with another group, since it would be troublesome if they claimed the monster we took down.

After an hour of walking, we decided that the area around us will be our hunting ground. The test is limited by time, so instead of hunting on the woods near the camp. It is better to go deep into the woods in order to have a higher rate of encounter, since the place near the camp would be deprived of monsters and will leave lots of people with not enough points. By the way, we already defeated a few monsters just on the way here so should be able to rack up a number of points.

We’re graded by the strength of the monster, and the amount of monsters defeated. Although most of the monsters in this forest are in the lower ranking tier, there are a few monsters that belong in the middle ranking tier in this forest.

The instructors come here frequently to procure monsters to be used in the performance tests of those in the lower year, so they know just how strong each and every monster hiding in these woods.

So how will the instructors know that we really defeated what we said we did. The solution to that is quite simple, since every monster lurking in this forest have one trait in common. All of them has horns, the horn’s structure is different for a specific kind of monster.

-----------------------------------------------------

After getting to our hunting ground we decided to split and find our prey. Of course we will stay away from strong ones and rack up a considerable number of them horns from the weaker ones. If ever a strong monster gets its eyes on us, we agreed to light up a firework that makes a lot of noise and explodes in the midair, which is the courtesy of my adorable friend, Fran.

I headed west and while Fran will cover the east, and as I scour the western parts of the forest, I was able to take down four enemies a few minutes just right after we parted. The enemy was a horned-rabbit, known for their tender meat that has an effect that restores magical energy through digesting.

Even though they’re an easy prey, it becomes troublesome due to their numbers. Though I’m quite delighted since the points I need were following me, but I would’ve been happier if they weren’t after my head.

Though I forgot to mention this, monsters are all carnivorous. These horned rabbits are animals that evolved due to the density of magical energy accumulated in their bodies. The horn grew after that event, and started to crave for meat.

Though it’s a rare case, there are also cases when humans become monsters. Those humans were like a walking disaster, since they were capable of learning, on top of getting their physical abilities enhanced by a notch.

Back to my dilemma, there are over thirty of those furry little devils and I’m completely outnumbered. While I was struggling with these bunnies I heard a firework explode, which only meant one thing. I took out mine and fired it to let her know my location.

After a while of waiting she finally got here with an elf on her back and three giant panthers.

「What the...」I was dumbfounded by the situation and the thought of defeating the troublesome monsters together all shattered apart. Giant Panthers are one of the animals that used to live here and turned into monsters. On top of that they’re considered to be one of the strongest monsters in these forest despite being on the lower tier ranking.

Yes, they aren’t the ones in the middle tier that lives in this forest. They’re considered the strongest for one reason, their numbers. They live in packs and rarely go off to hunt alone. They can defeat a single middle tier monsters if they work together, though they will definitely have casualties, and those monsters are on to us.

We’re in a clear pinch, though I’m curious about the elf on her back, it’s not the time for that. I quickly scan the surroundings to look for something that I could use to get their attention away from us.

When they came close I kicked the nearest horned rabbit to the closest panther. Horned rabbits are their main source of food, so it should at least serve as something to slow them down.

However, reality isn’t as nice as I thought. The monsters ignored each other and is aiming for us. We ran desperately, since even if it’s just the two of us we can’t hope win against that number of enemies. It also looks like the number of giant panthers are increasing by the minute.

“This is it... We’re gonna die... I haven’t even expressed my thanks to him...” was the thoughts going through my mind in that grave situation. That was when the pendant lent to us by our instructors crossed my vision.

“If we use this, we could get out of this place alive. I feel sorry for that elf, but I consider the lives of Fran and mine more important than his.”

Just before I tell Fran about my plan, I heard the sound of a sword taken out of its sheath. When I turned to the direction it came from there stood an elf battling against numerous monsters. I grit my teeth at that sight, for there stood a single figure taking on numerous enemies while I stood here thinking of running away.

“What am I doing here? I am Riverea Wintry, the one who’ll become the world’s greatest magic swordswoman, yet I’m thinking of running from these lowly monsters. Pathetic!”

While I was busy beating myself down, Fran had already taken her bow and acted as support for the unknown elf. As soon as I saw that I drew my sword once more and moved to cut down these monsters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour, we were finally able to cut every single monster with the intent to take us as their meal. The figure of the young elf still stood at the center of the monsters’ corpses. He gazed at our direction and said something.

「XXX XXX XXXXXX?」

「Eh? What did you say? 」I answered, for I have not the slightest clue as to what he had stated.

He too looked at me with a confused look. It would seem that he too, did not understand my words.
    Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  9. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04

Chapter 04
    Welcome to the Frontier Village of Guerrier.​

It was almost midnight when I got out of the cave. I gazed upon the sky and saw the moon nearing its highest. As I have been trained since childhood, I knew well that there isn’t anything good that’ll happen during the night in a forest. I quickly climb up a tree and carefully put distance between me and the cave. I don’t have a death wish, so better be out of that dragon’s range before it notices that something is missing.

“Well even if lots of things happened today, it sure was fun.” was the thought that crossed my mind.

During this time, I can’t help but wonder, where in the world am I. During this day I have seen creatures that resembles the animals I’m familiar with, but every single one of those creatures have a different air around them. All of them had become carnivorous, even those who’re supposed to be herbivores, and all of them had this horn on their head.

The situation around me wasn’t normal, and the dragon I’ve seen in the cave seemed too real. There are a few things I could think of, like some secret organization is experimenting on animals and created an artificial dragon, and I’m thrown in here as a guinea pig.

There’s also the situation where I’m thrown into some bizarre island full of beast, because someone didn’t like me and wanted me to disappear. Or maybe some group of developers finally created a perfect virtual reality engine and I was chosen as a random subject. No, no, if that were the case I should’ve received some kind of notification.

Ahh!! I’m watching too much cartoons! There’s no way that any of those would be right. There is still a possibility but it’s too small, and there’s still one thing I haven’t mentioned yet. That is, I was summoned to another world. It’s not entirely impossible since there were supposed to be a few incidents in history when our ancestors summoned people from another world.

Although that possibility already went out the window because there wasn’t anyone who seemed to be the one responsible for summoning me. More like there wasn’t anybody there when I got here, and I highly doubt that the large cat after me earlier is the one who summoned me.

I made a temporary shelter using large leaves, on top of the largest tree I saw. I should be able to avoid the monsters lurking in the dark if I hide myself on top of trees, since it would be troublesome to use a hollow tree as shelter when I don’t have any I don’t have any idea if something else is using that place as shelter.

There are also other caves in the vicinity, but from what I saw in the first cave I got into. I really should steer clear away from caves is the conclusion I got.

----------------------------------------------------

The sunlight peeked through the leaves that serves as wall for my temporary abode, signaling the start of a new day. Feeling the sunlight warmth of sunlight on my face, I opened my eyes and stretched my body.

I wanted to drink some water but noticed that I had none available at the moment. My throat was bit dry, so I decided to look for some river or something. A coconut would be fine too, but if I failed to find a river or something I won’t last for a little less than two days.

I decided to observe the birds and monsters around. I kept an eye out especially for those who’re in the middle of feasting on something, since there’ll be only two places they’ll go after a meal. Their den or a watering hole, with that in mind I continued my observation.

------------------------------------------------------

A few hours had passed and I was finally able to locate a river, where one of the monsters I’m keeping an eye on went to. I was all smiles when I heard the flowing water at a distance, but that smile was erased the moment I got there.

The place was teeming with monster, though I’m still in a condition where I could fend off a number of monsters. I can’t possibly take on the numbers in front of me, so I decided to follow the river upstream.

You can’t expect me to drink something downstream, since I don’t know whether it had monster pee in it or something.

After a few minutes of travel, I was finally able to find a spot that has no monsters around. I quickly jumped off from the treetops and have my share of water.

After I drunk my fill of water I decided to wash my face, but while I was in the middle of it. I noticed something moved under the water, and the moment I did I slowly backed away. This scene is what I normally see in movies, and something that isn’t nice is gonna come out of there if I don’t get away.

After I got a few meters of distance something flew out of the water. It was a white, round creature resembling a fish, with a weirdly shaped mouth. Though the first thing I noticed about it is the horn protruding on its forehead.

It was a common thing I noticed among the monsters in this place. I first thought that every animal in this forest had those things, but I was convinced otherwise by the birds I saw earlier this morning.

There are some with a horn and some with none, even if the two had the same features. The ones with the horn are aggressive ones who craves for meat, while those with none are the normal and docile ones.

Since the enemy is only about the size of a soccer ball, I slowly took out the pen I had on my pocket. Unlike the large cat monsters yesterday, this one isn’t enveloped in thick muscles. It also doesn’t have any scales that looked tough.

The fish-like monster took a breath and let out a loud roar. The sound is not something you’ll expect from its little body. I almost panic, but before I think of what to do, I quickly aimed between its eyes and threw my pen piercing through its body.

I quickly grabbed the corpse of the weird fish along with my pen and swiftly put some distance between me and my initial position. While I ran through the woods I broke the horn protruding on the fish’s forehead and used it to have the fish bleed.

After that I threw the fish’s corpse away from me, and have it serve as a decoy if ever something with give chase. Those carnivorous creatures should be sensitive when it comes to the smell of blood.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t thinking enough. I forgot that it could come from the front too. This mistake clearly shows how shaken I was. After all there were numerous monsters just a few kilometers downstream.

I encountered a group of rhinoceros, thought it would normally hard to ascertain whether this animal is the aggressive type or not. Luckily the horns that serves as a sign for those things always have a reddish-brown color to it. So I was able to know that the rhinos in front of me are bad news.

I ran away at full speed with the rhinos on my tail, and after some time I came to regret my decision to run away. The number of monsters that are on my tail kept increasing, and before I notice it, I was already cornered.

The situation was grave, and I had no means of escape. It is now a kill or be killed situation, I steeled myself and drew the horns I got from the large cat yesterday and the weird fish earlier.

Holding back in this situation would only result in death. A smile appeared on my face at this despair inducing situation, and adrenaline started to pumped through my veins. My perception speed increased exponentially and everything seemed to move in slow motion.

I didn’t mention it earlier but my other half is of the Tieran Race. My dad was an elf and my mom was rare white tiger type tieranian. As a result, I have sharp claws, which I hide with my gloves and there’s also traces of white fur growing around my body that clothes hide. Luckily, I didn’t inherit the tail and the ears.

Although, I haven’t actually met my parents nor did I know their appearances, it was only some information leaked from the careless mouths of the people who trained me.

Also, we only call them Tieran because the whole word, Tierandroid is a mouthful to say resulting to its shortened version.

What is happening to my body at the moment is the unique ability inherent to a Tieranians. 『Critical Edge』an ability to increase bodily functions to the brink, but it’s not something a layman can do. A considerable amount of experience and control is necessary for its activation, since it only activates when emotions are heightened above a certain level. Perception ability is heightened to the point that one could clearly see and hear things a few kilometers away.

However, this comes with a price. First is that it takes a lot of stamina just to activate, and the second is one careless mistake could lead to death. Pushing their body past its limits and thus breaking their body apart. There is also a high risk of losing one’s sanity. You can’t hold on to your sanity if you don’t have any strong will that can fight against the urge to destroy everything.

I was holding onto my sanity quite well but I can’t use it for more than half an hour, so I swiftly took care of them all. After fifteen minutes, every single monster in my vicinity were all gushing blood through different parts of their body. I felt the energy left my body soon after that scene. I leaned my back on the wall large boulder behind me and sat down.

“I’m really not suited for these kinds of head-on battles...”

As I think of that, little by little my consciousness is drifting away. A moment later I wasn’t able to resist and went to slumber on the land surrounded by numerous corpse.

--------------------------------------------------

The sensation of soft and furry hair, along with the smell of shampoo. It was a nice feeling, though I wanted to sleep a little longer. I was convinced otherwise by the sounds of growling behind my back. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the sight of the back of a tieranian girl, with fox like ears carrying me.

I don’t have a clue on how I got into this situation, but if I don’t do something we’ll all be killed. I noticed that she had a sword on her waist and decided to use it. I swiftly got off her back, taking her sword with me, and confronted the pack of monsters.

Unlike earlier, I now have a proper weapon in hand and dealing with these monsters won’t be too much of a trouble. After all, I’m not alone at the moment, and they have weapons. They won’t probably leave me behind when I’m fighting this crowd alone. Unless both of them don’t even have the guts to risk their lives.

I mean, come on! You have something that is meant to take lives, and you don’t have the courage to risk yours. If that’s the case, then they have no right to hold a weapon, and even if they run away I’m confident that I could get away from this place safely.

Having a proper weapon in this dangerous place really helps to calm my nerves. Unlike earlier I should be able to keep my calm if ever something like that happens again.

With my mind at ease I was able to concentrate at the situation at hand. I was able to clearly see the monsters’ movements without resulting to that old technique or that dangerous ability.

While I was in the midst of the enemies the woman who was carrying me earlier had provided back up, with her bow and arrows. This turn of events really helped me, with this we should be able to survive this predicament.

As I cut my way through the horde of monsters, I suddenly heard a battle cry from the direction of the girl earlier. Though I honestly doubt that she’s the one who let made that battle cry and while I was having that thought. A white haired tieranian girl, with wolf features appeared in front of me, and had me frozen at her sight.

It was probably her who let made that battle cry, but what had my attention wasn’t the sight of her running through the field slaughtering those rabbits, it was her looks.

No, no this is not one of those love at first sight situation. It was because she looks too familiar, and this is not gonna be some old pickup line.

My time stopped at after having a single look on her face. All of the memories I have with that person came back to me.

-----------------------------------------------

Before I was nothing but an empty person, having no fear, no happiness, no sorrow. Not having any strong emotions, a person who only knows how to kill. I always thought that it was the only way for me to live, then she came along. She thought me various things, and the only person who told me I was free. Free to do anything I wanted, that I didn’t have to live in the shadows forever. That I can laugh like those kids I see in parks, and villages. She found me who was hiding behind a mask of cruelty.

--------------------------------------------

I came back to my senses after a few moments and continued the subjugation. I can’t help but remember those times, even though I know that she’s already gone. She gave me too many things to remember her, that I can’t easily forget. Though I want to let my feelings out, this is not the time for those, and if that woman was alive she’ll be laughing at me for getting sentimental.

After an hour the monsters that was over a hundred in numbers were nothing but corpses, and to make sure that there’s not a single monster breathing, I scanned the whole area once more.

After confirming that there’s not a single monster alive, I turned to the two ladies and asked.

「You guys alright?」

「XX? XXXX XXX XXX XXX?」

I wasn’t able to understand her language. I was so confident about my communication skills and yet I wasn’t able to recognize her words.

“There are four widely known language in the world, they should know how to speak at least one of those.”

Thinking about that I asked them three more times. The result was they weren’t able to understand even one of those languages. I came to a conclusion that the place I’m in is cut off from the rest of the world, since they don’t know the main languages and there are no monsters or animals like that on other places. That also serves as a reason why the existence of that dragon and monsters on this place is not recorded in any book.

While I was deep in thought thinking of possible places, the two girls were busy talking about something. The problem is I don’t understand a single thing they were talking about. It looks like they were talking about me.

After a minute of discussing by themselves, they turned to me and showed me one of the horns in their bag. Then they pointed at the corpses of the monsters we just killed. Judging from their actions, they probably wanted to collect the horns.

I pointed to myself, the corpses and the bag in their hands. I did it as a sign asking if I should collect the horns of the corpses and put it inside their bag. The white haired-girl nodded at me. I took on the bag that the white-haired girl handed right after nodding at me.

Since they’re the first intelligent beings I saw in this unknown place, I decided to do what they asked of me. They should know the way out of this forest in the least, and it should be easy to find out where in the world am I once I get into a town.

We even went to the place were one of them found me sleeping. I looked at the horns, thinking if these things have any value at all. I set that thought aside for now and focus on collecting the horns, since I’ll know the answer later on.

After we finished collecting the horns, they just left the place without taking care of the corpses. I’m kind of curious if it’s okay to leave the place like that, but they didn’t seem worried about them. If I worry about it I lose, so let’s not think about it. I saw nothing!

I just followed after them, since I don’t have a better place to go. Also, because I’m carrying one of their bags full of horns.

--------------------------------------------

After a few hours of walking, we were able to get out of the forest. The sun is about to set and not far from here is a camp occupied by lots of people. The two went inside the camp directly and I was about to follow, but I was repelled by something.

The two were able to get in, but I wasn’t. Hearing me fall to the ground the two turned to look at me. Although I was more interested in what prevented me from entering than their reaction. I tried extending my arm forward, and as expected there was something preventing my entry.

I was amazed, I looked around but saw nothing that looks like a force field generator. I was very curious about it, but I can’t even get inside so I have no way of knowing what generates this force field.

One of the two, the orange haired girl who carried me, decided to stay while the white haired girl took all of the bags and went inside the camp.

After a while, the white haired girl came back with a beautiful tieran lady. She had a long black hair, with cat ears and a slender body.

Honestly, I’m starting to get irritated because people are talking in front of me without understanding what they’re saying. So I just folded my arms and closed my eyes, waiting for them to finished.

After a while, the orange haired girl tapped my shoulder and pointed towards the black haired beauty. The lady was extending her arm to me, though it doesn’t look like she’s asking for my hand.

She closed her eyes and started muttering something. A few moments later a bluish white light in a shape of a magic circle I saw in comics and novels with illustrations.

“This is... magic?!”

「What was that?!」I suddenly asked, although I think its magic, I still wanted to make sure.

I just asked normally in my own language, forgetting that they don’t understand my language. While I was looking at the beautiful cat lady with gleaming eyes of admiration, my attention was stolen by another thing.

「Whoa! It really worked! 」was what I heard.

「Eh?」a dumbfounded voice left my mouth as I turned to the source of that voice.

「Oh... So it seems. 」another girl stated.

Well, hearing the girl who doesn’t seem to understand my language earlier is now speaking it, who wouldn’t be dumbfounded. I pointed my finger at them.

「Eh? Earlier you... Eh!! How!? 」

The cat lady giggled and smiled. She was so cute that it makes me want to take her home, but that’s a crime. It is also rude to her, since she’s probably older than me.

「It’s the work of magic. 」 She answered.

「M-Magic! Can I learn it too!?」 I asked quite ecstatic.

「A-ah... probably? 」She answered with a bitter smile. She probably just answered because I was asking in a loud voice.

「I uhh... sorry... it was the first time I saw someone use magic, so...」

「I see... by the way, what were you doing in the forest? 」

「I’m also curious about that, why were you sleeping in that dangerous forest?」The fox girl asked in a cool tone. Her gaze was cold like she was looking down on me. She gives off the air of a rich girl.

「Oh me too! In the first place, there shouldn’t be any elf settlement in this continent, so does that mean you’re an adventurer or something? 」The wolf girl added.

“Adventurer? What is this girl saying? And what’s with settlements? Elves also live in cities you know.”

「Honestly, I don’t know. I suddenly woke up inside that forest. 」 I replied nonchalantly.

「Haah!? What’s with that? 」

「Did you make an enemy out of dangerous people? How stupid. 」

「Now girls don’t blame him too much, since he himself doesn’t seem to have an idea why it happened to him.」

“Aww! She’s so nice~”

「Well, it is as I said, so can you please tell me where I am at the moment?」

「You’re in the Kingdom of Veeto at the Verdure Continent.」

「Ve-to? Ver-du-re? I’m sorry but I’ve never heard of such kingdom. 」

“To be honest I also haven’t heard of such continent. There should only be four continents in the world, and I haven’t heard of such continent. I don’t really want to believe it, but it’s the only explanation that makes sense of everything that happened to me since yesterday. I wasn’t transported, teleported or summoned, I was in fact thrown into another world.”

「Eh?! We’re one of the three kingdoms that rules over the Verdure Continent you know? It should be common knowledge! 」 The wolf girl argued.

“Well I feel sorry about her but I can’t possibly know common knowledge from a different world. Well its decided that I can’t go back to my world, for now at least. I guess I’ll have to find work here. Then I’ll try to learn magic afterwards.”

「I’m sorry but I haven’t had the slightest knowledge about the places that lies outside of our island.」 Is what I said, but it’s just a random setting I thought of. If they try to pry about it, I can just say that its cut off from the rest of the world so the location is unknown and I’ll be trotting around the world looking for it.

A great excuse if I do say so myself, and it goes well with the fact that I have no knowledge about the common things in this world.

「Hmm... so what will you do now? 」 the fox girl asked with a composed look.

「Look for a job... well I may look like this but I’m quite skilled at a lot of things. For example, I could work as a merchant, carpenter, cook, gardener, bodyguard, and other more jobs. 」

I replied with confidence. It’s the truth after all, we’re taught a wide variety of things for situations where we can only infiltrate by getting hired. Having the needed skills is of course an important aspect of it.

My plan for now is to get into town, get a job, and learn magic! If I look at this situation in another angle, this is a chance! I’m currently in a place where magic can be learned, so I’ll think of the way back home once I mastered every magic there is.

「Oh! Before I forget my name is Reve Flamus. 」 I added after noticing that they haven’t called me by my name before.

「Come to think of it we haven’t introduced ourselves. My name is Ursula Weiss I am working as an instructor at Von-Railey Academy. I am pleased to meet you. 」She said introducing herself with a bow.

“She really is older, and she’s so nice. Hehehehe~”

「Ah! Yes, me too. 」I replied with a slight bow copying her.

「The name’s Riverea Wintry, pleased to meet ya. 」the wolf girl stated as she look at me, handing her hand towards me.

「Aa... me too. 」I just let out a half-hearted reply.

“In a way she resembles Reina, not just in looks but also in action.”

While I think about that I shifted my gaze towards the fox girl who was carrying me earlier. She still has this air around her making her seem like a queen of some ice castle.

「Frantia Wilhelm, nice to meet you.」 She said with an indifferent attitude.

“This girl is so uncute!” is what I thought, but I have to keep my cool. I don’t want to make enemies in this situation.

「I’ll go talk to the other instructors, so that we can have you inside. Please wait for a few minutes. 」

「Ah, thank you.」

“Hehehe~ I want to marry her!”

She turned her back from us and headed back to the camp. I am now left behind with these two girls, so while I wait for I decided to talk with the two.

「Ah, I’m just curious, but why did we collect all those horns earlier?」

「Well you see, we need to collect those to pass the test.」The girl called Riverea answered.

「Test? Do you need to only collect horns? or do you need to defeat the monster yourselves and collect the horn afterwards? 」

「The latter one.」 Frantia replied.

“Then aren’t they...”

「I see, so why did we collect the horns of the monsters I defeated? Isn’t that cheating? 」

「It isn’t cheating if you’re not caught.」Riverea closed her face to mine and answered.

「What a convenient reasoning...」

I talked with them about what happened in the forest, but decided to keep the cave with a dragon and a jewel, a secret. The two also talked about how Frantia found me, and it looks like she was the one who saved me before getting attacked.

According to her, she saw me sleeping in the midst of monster carcasses with three giant panthers, the large cat who was chasing us, approaching me. Then she decided to get me out of there.

She told me that she just doesn’t want to see anybody die in front of her and is the reason why she saved me. Well despite her words and attitude, I guess she’s a nice girl too. My impression of her went up because of that. Surprisingly she has a cute side too, and that girl, Riverea, hugged her mumbling about something. It looks like they’re close friends.

After a while of talking with them Miss Ursula came back with two old guys, one is a dog type tieran and the other is a cat type. Their probably instructors like Miss Ursula. They asked me some questions and at the end let me inside.

It’s just my assumption, but there’s a high chance that one of those two has some ability or magic to discern if someone is lying or not. Well not like I’d lie to them. The things I said were all true, it’s just that I avoided saying the “whole truth”. I can’t expect people to believe me after saying I came from another world, even if magic is well known in this world.

----------------------------------------------

Two hours after sundown, the camp was dismantled and everyone got inside the carriages. As I’ve heard earlier, they were having a performance test in this forest and their time limit was by sundown.

A lot of students were sleeping in the carriage, not that I can blame them. They were fighting with monsters all day. It’s not surprising that they’re all tired.

Three hours passed and we were able to reach their village. The frontier village of Guerrier is what they call it. The carriages stopped by the school grounds and when I got down from the carriage I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I turned to look at the source of the voice and saw Frantia.

「Where are you going?」 She asked.

「I don’t know too.」 I answered, it’s the truth after all.

「So you’re planning on going around town at this time, and where do you plan on sleeping?」 She replied with a slightly displeased tone. I don’t have any idea why she’s displeased though.

「I don’t know, maybe some back street. I don’t have any money so I guess that’s about it. I can sleep anywhere so I don’t really have a problem with it. 」

「Huh? You planning on getting mugged? Sleeping on the street with those clothes, is like saying “rob me, I’m loaded”. 」

I took a look at my clothes. I’m wearing my uniform from my school. I’m quite rich in my former world. Since I was someone from the underworld, I know lots of rich people I could threaten and get some money from them, then I learned how to use the stock market. So the school I was in is what you call an elite school.

「Well yeah... but I don’t really have a choice. 」

「Come with me, you said you want a job right?」

「Well, yeah...」

「I’m being bothered by my parents to get a male as a personal aide because of some tradition and I think you’re strong enough to be my bodyguard. You also said you’re skilled at anything, so how about it? 」

I, myself don’t have any problems with it, but there’s something I want to make sure of before accepting her offer.

「I’m an elf you know?」 Well I’m half-elf at least, and the reason I asked is simple. In my former world, even if there are peace agreements between elves and tierans. Personality-wise the two races are like oil and water. The straight-laced elves and the haphazard tierans. There are elves that doesn’t mind it like me, but we’re the absolute minority. There are tierans who only hate those kinds of stubbornly strict elves, and some who hates elves indiscriminately.

I don’t know about this world, but it’s just to make sure.

「It would seem that you understand the compatibility between races. Yes, you’re an elf and I’m a tieran, and the compatibility of our race is the worse, but that isn’t true for everyone. My family runs a store that has numerous branches, so discrimination is not something that we’ll do. It is also as thanks for helping us top the test. 」

“Hmm... I see, it makes sense that it’s fine for them to hire me. I guess this is the best choice for me, since most of the people living here are tierans. It’ll be hard to get hired.”

「I got, I accept the job.」

「I see, then follow me.」She said with a smile as she walked past me, heading towards the exit.

Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04

10. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 05
    The Wilhelm Mansion​

After a half-hour walk we arrived at the gate of a mansion with a large garden, and at the gate stands an old wolf tieran guy that looks like a butler. He has this vibe of an experienced warrior around him.

Well I’m an experience warrior too, an assassin at least, but I don’t have that kind of vibe around me. That is because I’m hiding it, since it’s harder to fight someone on guard than someone who isn’t. Although I use it when I’m threatening somebody.

Just let an outburst of bloodlust towards them and it’s enough to scare them off, but it doesn’t work on idiots. Their immune to those, especially those who can’t read the atmosphere.

「Welcome back Lady Frantia.」

The old man greeted us once we got in front of the gate, and for some reason he’s staring at me. So I decided not to enter until Frantia calls out to me.

Frantia just nodded at the old man as she entered. She only noticed that I’m not behind her when she was already a few meters away from the gate.

「What are you standing there for? Follow me. 」

“Notice it sooner!” is what I thought as I ran towards her.

The old man was still staring at me with an intimidating air around him. The old man is giving me the creeps but I just ignored him as I follow Frantia. In this kind of times it’s better to pretend not to notice. You’ll lose if you mind it.

After we got inside a lot of servants were all lined up, and greeted her. Even this late at night they sure work hard. After that she casually told them that I’ll be living in this place starting today as her personal aide and to notify her parents.

The servants were all looking at me with dubious eyes. Well, I can’t blame them. I’m an elf after all, so I just pretended not to notice, and followed Frantia to the dining room.

After getting there I don’t know if I should dine with her, so I just stood there after getting inside. A moment later, Frantia told me to eat, since I won’t be of any use later on if I don’t.

As I thought she only acts cold, even though she’s a nice person inside. Her words aren’t the nicest ones, but her intentions are. I just smiled and take up on her offer. The food was nice, feels like I ate on a restaurant.

After that we made our way out of the room and headed for the large stairway in front of the main door leading to the second floor. After a few minutes of walking we arrived outside of Frantia’s room on the second floor. I was intending on staying back, but she didn’t let me do so. She told me to come in and when I got inside after closing the door, she raised both of her arms. I just looked at her having no idea what she wanted me to do.

「Help me change.」She stated calmly.

「Hah?」

「Take my clothes off and help me change.」She stated in a more detailed way.

「Are you okay with that, I’m still a guy you know.」

“Even the richest people in my former world change on their own, you know!” Is what I complained at the back of my mind.

「It’s your job and I’m telling you to do it, do you need to ask?」She told me with a mischievous smile.

I only sighed at her words and walked over to her. I can’t even start to believe the situation I’m in right now. A pretty girl, about the same age as me is asking me to take her clothes off. I can’t help but be aroused, in the first place who would’ve even expect this kind of situation. I completely thought that it’ll be just be preparing a change of clothes extent, but this situation is really out of my expectations.

I calmed myself as I start to take her clothes off and to do that I need to kill all of my emotions. Fortunately, I, who was trained to be an assassin, have no problems in doing it. It was originally taught to us to prevent us from hesitating when pulling the trigger. I honestly didn’t think it would come in handy here. Although I’m aroused physically, my poker face doesn’t show even the slightest hint of it.

「Aren’t you getting aroused? Being able to touch the body of a girl like me. 」 She asked as if she was aiming for it.

「No, not really. It’s a job after all. 」I lied with an impassive face.

「Hmm... I see, if you’re the type to get aroused in this situation you would’ve been fired. 」

“I see, so this was some kind of test. Well, I’ll be fine as long as I don’t lose my rationality and jump on her. I do admit that she has a great body though, hehehe~.”

After I finished changing her clothes, I went outside and what was waiting for me was the old man by the gate earlier.

「Good evening, young man. My name is Zaher Lupo, the chief butler of this mansion. I have been informed by the other servants that you have been selected as Lady Frantia’s personal aide, may I have a bit of your time? 」

「Of course.」 I immediately replied. He’s gonna be my senior at work after all, he can tell me what I could and shouldn’t do.

I just followed him, and after a few minutes of walking. We ended up in the large field, which I think is a training grounds, at the back of the mansion. He stopped walking and turned to me.

「Young lad, you have been chosen as Lady Frantia’s personal aide and I have been tasked to test the person Lady Frantia chooses by her parents, do you know what is the most important thing an aide should have? 」He asked.

「Strength? Judging from this location that’s the only answer I could think of. 」I answered. He let out an amused laugh.

「It seems that you’re at least good at analyzing situation. Then how about it? Will you take the test? 」

「Well you see, I have no choice but to take it because I really need a job at the moment.」I answered casually with a smile on my face. The old man assumed his fighting stance.

「I see, then shall we start.」

As soon as he said that I started to ready myself, but before I even answered. He was already in front of me. I was sure that he was a few meters away from me, and that was a distance you can close in an instant. I hurriedly dodged it, but I wasn’t able to evade the next attack. Fortunately, I was able to guard it with my hands, but my hands went numb for a few seconds because of that.

「Hey old man, that wasn’t nice. I wasn’t even ready. 」

「No opponent would wait for their enemies to get ready.」The old man replied with a smile, and continued his onslaught.

“Tsk, this is『Critical Edge』, I see this is the reason he was able to cross that distance in an instant, but what’s amazing is his control. If he didn’t have any control, that punch earlier could’ve shattered my arms at the least and worse, kill me.”

Well, there’s also a possibility that he’s using magic but I left that possibility out, since magic should have a magic circle. That’s what I think though, so that’s what I’ll believe.

I continued to dodge his attacks, and when I got a few fractions of a second, I activated my own 『Critical Edge』, I can’t control it as much as he can and I could go insane at any moment, but it should be fine I just need to finish it in fifteen minutes.

“I still haven’t recovered a lot of stamina, so I can’t keep it up for a whole thirty minutes. That old man uses that ability like it’s natural for him, and even if his attacks are strong and fast he clearly holding back.

This is the difference between us, even if I fight seriously I can’t defeat him. If that’s the case, then there’s no need to hold back!”

When he was about to land another strike, I moved out of the way and went behind him. He didn’t know that I have the same ability, so he probably thought I would use magic to fight back. That’s what I thought at least.

He quickly searched his surroundings, but before he found me I gave him a full powered kick. That could give him a large damage but it won’t kill him because his defenses should have been amplified by『Critical Edge』.

He flew all the way to the mansion and slammed on it. I panicked after seeing that wall on the place crashed to was demolished.

“Ah... this looks bad...” I thought after seeing that the hole in the wall.

A moment later Frantia’s figure can be seen at her room’s veranda. Zaher also got up and went outside as he fix his tie. He looked up as soon as he got out and seems to be discussing something with Frantia. I wonder what they’re talking about.

The next moment, he closed in a lot of distance in a moment and the next second he was already set on attacking. This time his speed was incomparable to that of earlier. The power also seems to be dangerous so I make sure to deflect it instead of taking it head-on if I can’t evade it.

“This guy... he’s still holding back...”

We continued in that stalemate situation for almost ten minutes and I’m almost at my limit. I have no choice, but to break the stalemate and attack on my side. Normally I won’t use this on someone I don’t intend to kill, but he should be fine since his defenses are great. Although hitting him in the vitals might still result to death so I decided to hit him with enough power to give myself an opening for another attack.

I quickly used『Spirit Channeling』and cover my hand with aura to boost my attack power. I concentrated it there because I have no need for defense and focused on attacking. Also, since I want to regulate the damage I decided to hit him with my palm.

「I’m sorry old man, but I can’t afford to lose this job at the moment.」 I said in a way that I’m sure could reach his ears.

I aimed at his dominant arm’s shoulder. It was a solid hit, and his dominant should be paralyzed by now. He’s now in a position where his balance is unstable, so I used that moment to take his back, lock his remaining arm and grab his jugular as a threat. Zaher let of laughed and stated his loss.

「I can’t believe I’d be defeated by an elf in a fist fight.」He said with a loud laugh.

「Then the job?」

「Hm? You passed of course, you can continue working on as Lady Frantia’s aide. 」

“His personality is totally different from earlier...”

「Thank you very much, Sir Lupo.」

「Ah. You’re too stiff, you can just call me Z casually. 」 He told me as he waved his hands gesturing me to stop the stiff attitude.

「Thanks Z, and sorry for breaking your shoulder...」

With a loud laugh he replied. 「You’re welcome young lad, and don’t worry about it. It’ll be back to normal by tomorrow, by the way your name is? 」

“Seriously? I was certain that his joints and shoulder blade were broken.”

「Reve Flamus.」

「Got it, and Reve, you should go to sleep now, tomorrow’s gonna be a long day for you.」

「Thanks, but I do not know where should I sleep.」

「Follow me.」 He said as he turned his back to me and walk towards the large building on the other side of the training grounds and parallel to the mansion.

When I asked Z about it, he said it was the living quarters for all of the servants serving the Wilhelm Family. After a few minutes I was lead to my room in the second floor, with a veranda facing the mansion.

I just took a glance at the whole place and fell down on the bed.

“I’m sleepy...”

The fight earlier consumed too much stamina, which resulted to this. I don’t even have the stamina to position my body in a more comfortable position, I decided to just sort out what I’ve seen till I fell asleep.

From what I’ve seen I have my own bed and bathroom with toilet, there’s also a cabinet. The room has everything necessary to live comfortably, and according to Z we have meals at 6 in the morning, while lunch is only available to those in break.

The reason is we can’t leave the mansion unattended. Also, those who’re in the middle of their break can go outside the mansion freely as long as they record it on the logbook left in the entrance of the servant quarters. The dinner will be at 9, and the one who’ll cook for the servants is a rotation, so I’ll have my turn once a month I guess.

------------------------------------------------

Around 5 hours after that.

The sky was still dark when I woke up, but it’s definitely morning already. I took a look at the clock hanged in my room and saw that it’s still 3 in the morning. Nonetheless I still got up, took a bath and changed. Sadly, I was only given work clothes.

I decided to take a look at the village and be back before six. I also want to get my body in shape, since I can’t always rely on those things during a fight. I took a sword from the weapon shed Z told me about and went out.

“Alright, I made sure to record it on the logbook, so it should be fine.”

With that thought in mind I made my way into town.

After the performance test, on the way home.

I was upset because of a few things. One is because I realized how weak I was because of that elven guy. In that situation we would’ve been fine if even if he hadn’t appeared because of those pendants, but if it was a situation without those... Without him we would’ve died.

Another thing about him that pisses me off, is that he jumped in the middle of those monsters without thinking. Didn’t it cross his mind that if we ran away he would’ve been dead. It feels like he’s telling me that I’m weak, so I should just stand back or run away.

Lastly, is that I wouldn’t have gotten the top without him. The results were not something I could have gotten on my own. I was so powerless, even earlier when we were fighting. It won’t be an exaggeration to say that he literally took on more than half of those monsters.

He’s on a completely different level, when we were collecting horns we went to the place where Frantia found him because she said there were lots of monsters there. At first I didn’t believe her, I thought that there should be only about ten monsters at most.

However, the place was teeming with corpses. There were more than thirty-five just on my count, and they were not weak monsters like the horned rabbits. I was overwhelmed, the way I am right now, I can’t even hope to last five minutes against him.

“I have to get stronger.” I thought as I run towards my house.

After dinner I took a bath quickly and decided to sleep early.

Around three in the morning.

The mansion was a little far from town, about a kilometer I think. So it took some time for me to reach this place, but man! I feel like I’m inside a game. Houses made of clay, a street with stands like those in games, there’s a smith’s shop too. Although the store isn’t open yet, the displays were seen outside because of the glass. I wonder how much those swords costs. Too bad I can’t read the names of those swords. Maybe they have those game-like names like Excalibur, Flametongue, or Soul Eater.

“Hehehe~ I want to see some magic swords, but I think they don’t sell it in frontier villages like this one.” I thought as I gaze through the window.

As soon as I thought of that, I decided to look for a magic shop. A real magic shop, not one of those stores where you buy tools for a magic show.

I ran through the streets and saw lot of stores, and there are even potions. Do they work? I wondered. I mean, if those things could really heal wounds like seeing the wound close all on its own when drunk. If it can do that then these potions are much better than hospital treatments.

A damaged liver, kidney, lungs and even heart could be fixed. If those potions can heal any kinds of injuries, then instead of having a transplant it would be better to cut off the damaged organ and drink the potion. Then a brand new organ would replace it. It could really create a world without “grave” illness like cancer, kidney stone, etc. any illness that has a need for transplant.

While I was looking for a magic shop, I suddenly bumped into someone whom I didn’t expect to this early in the morning.

「You are...」

「Reve Flamus!」 She blurted my name in surprise.

「Shh! People are still sleeping. 」

I warned her, putting my finger in front of my lips gesturing her pipe down. She rapidly placed her hand on her mouth.

「Sorry, what are you doing here this early in the morning? And what’s with the clothes? 」 She asked.

「Exploring the town since I wanted to take a walk, and this is the uniform given to me since I’ll be working as Frantia’s personal aide starting today.」

“Is it alright for me to address her like that? I forgot to ask Z about it, but let’s just go with Lady Frantia just to be on the safe side.”

「Ohh... to be chosen as Frantia’s aide, you’re quite something. 」

「Hehehe~ not really~ What about you?」 I answered as I scratched the back of my head with a smile.

「Ah... I uh... well, I want to train so I woke up early...」She said nervously. She might be the type that like to work hard in the shadows.

「Hoo~ I’m also thinking of training myself too. My senses have been dulled since it has been few years since I got in a fight. Want to train with me? 」

「Eh?」She had this look on her face that clearly says “Seriously!?”.

「What’s with that face?」

「Nothing. Well if you’re fine with me then I shall accept that offer. 」

「Do you know any place where we can train? Also, I have to be back by 6, so if possible I don’t want to get too far from the mansion. 」

「You sure have a lot of request don’t you...」 She stated with a sigh.

「I can’t afford to lose my job at the moment, so... yeah, sorry ’bout that. 」

「It’s fine, follow me.」She told me as she turned her back to me.

As we walked about the town, for a while I asked her several questions. Like, if there are any magic stores in this place, where magic could be learned, and where can I buy any maps. I could just ask Z to teach me how to read later.

She just answered them all casually, and I was able to learn lots of things. Like there was no magic store in this frontier village, and maps could be bought in the general store. Also, magic could only be learned at the Capital.

“Which would mean that instructor, Miss Ursula, also learned there...”

-------------------------------------------------------------

After a few minutes of walking we ended up out of the village, but it isn’t far from the mansion. So I should be able to get back to the mansion by six if I leave 20 minutes before six.

With ease on my mind I started to train with Riverea. No training beats a real fight after all, so I had her face me. This scene really looks so nostalgic to me, though there are a few things that aren’t the same as before.

Before I was the one getting trained, now I’m the one doing it. Also, my partner right now is not Reina but someone who just looks like her, and she’s not human unlike Reina.

Nonetheless, it was still fun. More like it was only me who’s having fun. She looks like Reina a lot so, I suddenly got the urge to mess with her. Reina always messes with me, so I have been holding a grudge against her. I know that she wasn’t her, but I wasn’t able to resist.

After an hour of fighting with me, she was already out of breath, so we stopped for a moment to let her recover. To be honest, at this time, I, myself is also out of breath and my stamina wouldn’t have lasted any longer.

“My stamina still hasn’t recovered that much because if that fight last night.”

「Is this your limit?」 I asked with a smile that’s obviously mocking her, while pretending that I’m not at my limit the same time.

After that rest we continued our “sparring” session, but in that time I’ve noticed that she suddenly got faster and her attacks increased in power. It seems like she’s the type who gets stronger the more emotional she gets, but her strength is still on the level I can handle.

“I should stop this already…”

Is what I thought while I continued on messing with her, but even though I have strayed away from my original objective. For some reason her attacks are getting sharper and after a few more minutes of fighting with me she was already able to follow my movements.

Even though I’m playing around, that won’t mean that my guard would considerably drop. She got used to me in just after this hour of exchanging blows with me. It looks like she has a natural sense for fighting, and if someone could train her properly then she could become much stronger.

Unfortunately, I can’t train her, because I’m no good at teaching. I just offered to train with her to know how strong she is, since she seems close to Frantia.

Hey, I take my job seriously. I need to know the people around my employer, in case that something dangerous happen. If I have a good grasp on how strong or reliable the people around her, I’ll know who I can trust her to if I have to leave her side because of some circumstances.

In the end, I concluded that she has potential and probably about as strong as Frantia.

Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04
    Chapter 05

11. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey man! This is pretty good. I'm addicted. I find it very cool, reincarnating just to go back to the past to meet his friend. But this is confusing. What exactly are the genres for this? I also thought the Oujou-Sama was the reincarnated girl.. So like what's the point I wonder?

12. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...
    One thing, he didn't go back to the past. That was his wish, but those idiots Cresto and Sircus messed up and sent him to a parallel world.
    And~ you know how people have someone that looks exactly like them in a parallel world? It happens a lot in movies.
    The girl who looks like Reina (Human Race) is Reverea Wintry (Wolf type Tieran). Their faces looks exactly the same but their from different races. However, their personalities are similar to each other. The ojou-sama is Frantia Wilhelm (Fox type Tieran) a very rich girl~
    What he's doing now is pursuing the goal he once shared with Reina~

About the genre, I'm not sure but some of those are definitely. [Fantasy], [Action], and [Adventure].
    Also~ Another Chapter~

13. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04
    Chapter 05
    Chapter 06

Chapter 06
    Von-Railey Academy
    After that I ran back to the mansion at full speed. By the time I got back it was just before breakfast, so I rested my body till it was time to eat.

Unlike what I expected, everyone was pretty nice to me and they’re not as strict as they look. I decided to listen to what their talking about to gain even a bit of information regarding this world, but what was supposed to be a breakfast turned into a welcome party for me.

They introduced themselves stating their positions and what they do in the mansion one by one. There are too many of them to say everything, but I remember two people, who stood out among the rest.

The first one is Frustre Singe, a monkey type tieran. He was this energetic person who’s like a child with too much energy. When he’s excited his voice is too loud it’s annoying at times. It also looks like he wanted to become Frantia’s aide, so he’s being loud saying that his frustrated for not being picked.

The second one is Beau Lapin, rabbit type tieran. Yup, a rabbit type and she’s so sexy that the all of guys in the mansion are all over her. To be honest I think so too~ and Z also concur to that fact.

Since everyone introduced themselves, there’s no way I could get away without doing mine.

「The name’s Reve Flamus, starting today I would be working as Lady Frantia’s aide. Nice to meet all of you. 」

So I introduced myself in that manner, and as I sat down again, a certain thought came to mind. Sometime later I just casually told them that I can’t read, and everyone suddenly burst laughing.

I could understand why but these guys surely don’t hold back, and while they were busy talking amongst themselves. Something aside from them was going through my mind.

“Although I don’t really know what I should do as an aide. If I go about what happened yesterday, I could sum up that I just need to do every little thing for her. Change her clothes, wake her up, remind her of things she might forget, work around the mansion and most importantly protect her. Those are the things I think I should do.”

While I was busy Z suddenly said something I didn’t expect.

「By the way, Who’s the girl with you earlier? Is she your girl? 」He stated as he looks at me, and I can see a faint smile on his face.

“He saw me that’s for sure, but what with that face? You’re acting like girl and it’s so disturbing!”

I can’t believe that an old man like this would be interested in gossip like topics, but he’s still my senior I can’t let that thought surface. The moment I was about to talk I noticed the gaze of everyone inside the room were all on me.

“What’s with this atmosphere...”

「She was someone I got acquainted with yesterday, and earlier the both of us were planning on training, so we ended up training together.」

Well it isn’t a lie even if you say that I was the one who suggested it, since we really did end up training together. Plus, if I say that in atmosphere they’ll probably think that I’m into her. I’m interested in her but not romantically, it’s just that she looks like Reina a lot.

「「「Hmm...」」」

A few of them let out a suspicious hum, like they were stating that they’ll let me go for now but that doesn’t mean they’re convinced.

“How troublesome...”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast, I was called out by Z to the training ground where we fought last night. I was wondering why he called me out, but what I saw was him smiling at me as he points to the wall I had broken last night.

「I need you to fix that later once the materials arrives, for now go wake up Lady Frantia. She needs to be ready for school by 7:30. Got it? 」

「Yes, sir!」

I went on my way towards Frantia’s room as soon as I answered, and when I got in front of her room. I got reminded on what happened inside that room last night.

I can’t erase the feeling of her plump chest, her smooth skin and soft butt, from my memory. I can’t help but be aroused, even if she’s can’t stand up to Beau and her instructor at school, Miss Ursula, in looks. She’s still pretty cute herself and that memory is too shocking to my senses that I can’t erase it!!

After a minute.

“Okay, I’m calm now... let’s do this.”

I killed all of my emotions and went inside “eden”. What I saw inside was Frantia still sleeping soundly with her clothes showing her underwear.

“Do all rich people in this world are like her? Aren’t you letting your guard down too much? And its color green huh...”

That was a really good sight for me, but sadly I’m on the clock so it’s not a very good thing to do. I walked towards her and woke her up as carefully as I can. Normally I would’ve just splashed a whole bucket of water on someone to wake them up, but I can’t possibly do that to her.

After two minutes she finally managed to get up. I told her that she should get ready for school, but she just got off her bed and stood up lifting her arms up.

「Uhh... what are you doing, Lady Frantia? 」

「I’m going to take a bath, take my clothes off.」

“Really!? Well I don’t hate it, but don’t you think you should learn to change on your own.”

As she ordered I took her clothes off, and took a set of clothes from her closet while she heads for the bathroom. I was planning on just leaving the clothes in the changing room and go call out the maids to help her take a bath.

She needs help even when changing clothes, so it would be natural to think that she needs someone to help her wash her body.

After a few moments, the fact about her needing help to wash her body was proven right. It’s just that it wasn’t proven the way I thought of.

「Where are you going?」

「To call out the maids...」

「Why? You’re already here are you not. It’s part of your job. 」

“Eh!? It is!? What a great- I mean indecent job!”

「If you’re fine with me then I shall accompany you.」

I tried to follow her inside, but she stopped me before I got in.

「Are you planning on entering with that on?」

“Well yeah, or do you want me to go naked?” I thought as I nodded at her question.

「Take it off. Clothes are forbidden in this place. 」

「Does the maids do this too?」

“Hehehe~ those maids naked~ What a wonderful place.”

「Of course, by the way maids won’t come so better give up on it.」

“Geh! Did she found me out?”

「The moment you told me not to call them, I’m already aware of that.」

“I’m still hoping that one of them would come over because it has become a daily habit.”

「Hmm... I’ll be late if we waste more time, lets finish this quickly. 」

「Agreed.」

What happened after that was a very heavenly skinship time for me. I was given the right to touch her alluring body at the pretext of washing her body.

I just washed her body with her back facing me, but when I moved to wash her front. As I’ve expected she asked me about the fur growing on my upper body and the claws on my hands.

「I don’t really know, I’m an orphan so I don’t have anybody to ask about it. I decided to hide it since it might turn out to be something troublesome. So I implore that you keep this as a secret. 」I answered as I continued to wash her body.

「I see, also you don’t need to talk so formal when it’s just the two of us. Looking at you talk like that somehow feels strange after talking with you yesterday. You’re not the kind to talk like that aren’t you. 」

「Well, it’s still a job so I have to act like it, but I guess I’ll take up that offer.」

------------------------------------------------------------

After a few minutes, I have finished washing our bodies. I took a bath too, of course I trained earlier so I have this faint smell of sweat on my body. There’s also spare uniforms for us servants in the changing room.

“Wait, did she notice that? No, no that would be overestimating her.”

Is what I thought as I lead the way to the dining area. When we got to that place I was intercepted by Z while Frantia was escorted inside.

He told me that the materials to fix the broken walls have already arrived, and I have to finish it in 30 minutes.

“I can do it, but my skills aren’t made for that!!”

I mean, if I do it normally I won’t be able to finish it even after an hour. In contrast to that, if I used my abilities I would be able do it in time. It still doesn’t sit right with me but I have no choice but to obey.

I finished it as fast as I can, but it still took me 15 minutes. Also, I’m still wondering he’s insistent on having me finish this thing in 30 minutes. Well, I still have some time left so I went to Z and asked.

「Why you ask. That’s because you’ll be accompanying Lady Frantia to school, so this is the only time you can work on that. 」

“Really?! Then I can meet Miss Ursula there!”

So I thought, but I’m not excited because I’ll be able to get close to the beautiful Miss Ursula. The reason is, her magic.

If ever Frantia gives me a free time I could ask Miss Ursula to teach me about magic during that time. I could also ask if it’s her lecture time.

「I see, then is this uniform fine?」

「Hm? Well yeah, it should be fine since other students bring their own aides too. 」

------------------------------------------------------------------

After that I prepared myself to go outside the mansion. Z was ordered by Frantia’s parents to test the person she chooses to be an aide in terms of battle strength. I could only think of two reasons why they did that.

According to Frantia, her family is a big name in the market so I could understand if they made enemies out of their competitors. It’s not strange if someone would go after their daughter, that is the first reason.

The second one is that Frantia’s parents are being cautious. Even if there’s no threat at the moment, there’s a possibility that the same could not be said in the future.

Whatever happens I just need to protect her, so it’s an easy to understand job. Though I doubt that someone would actually make their move inside the school’s campus.

However, it doesn’t hurt to make sure, so I’ll be on guard.

We used a carriage as a means of transport. I’m starting to doubt if there was even a need for an aide since Z was the one who took us to school. He’s definitely much stronger than me and I doubt that anybody would try to do anything fishy at school.

Nonetheless, I’m still thankful for the job. I just need it to secure money and shelter until I can get by on my own. My objective hasn’t changed one bit, just like before I plan on learning magic.

I plan on going back to my world of course, and depending on my evaluation of this world, I might go back to this world once I finished my task there.

Setting those things aside, we have arrived to our destination.

What stood in front of me after I got off the carriage was a large arch with what seemed to be the school’s name engraved on top. I don’t know how to read so I can’t know for sure. From what I saw, it would seem that the school is composed of four buildings and a wide school grounds in the middle. It was surrounded by a fence with only two entrances.

Although I doubt that those fences would be enough to fend off unwanted people. I left it alone thinking that there’s a possibility that magic might be at work. Like the barrier that didn’t let me come in yesterday.

With that thought in mind I proceeded with caution.

“If a barrier would be placed it would be in front of the guard’s table. There’s probably some kind of pass inside that table, and the guard is responsible for welcoming guests. If ever some unwanted guests come, he can just leave them alone or ask them questions.”

As expected the guard stopped me and was planning on asking a few question, but that was stopped by Frantia’s words. She just told the guard that I’m her aide and the guard let me go. He went back to his table and took something out.

The thing he took out was a bracelet. It’s a simple bracelet with a small crystal embedded on it. I just accepted it and look towards Frantia. I have a good idea what this thing is for, but I want to make sure.

「It’s your pass, the entire school has a barrier erected around it. Students have their ID’s and aides have that bracelet. 」She told me while showing me her ID.

I noticed that the jewel embedded on her ID and my bracelet is different. There might be some kind of magic in it that can be used against us if we do something bad inside.

“I’m not planning on doing something like that, it doesn’t concern me.”

While we’re on the way to her classroom, Frantia suddenly told me.

「Z told me earlier, you can’t read, right? You won’t useful like that so I’ll drill it on your head later, got it? 」

“Her tone and attitude made it seemed like she totally doesn’t care, but she still cares. It can’t be helped.”

「Then please do. I’m also interested in learning this country’s language. 」

The bell rang and signaled the start of classes. By that time, we had already entered Frantia’s classroom. All of the aides were seated at the side of the classroom by the door. I noticed that but I also noticed that a lot of eyes are locked on to me.

Riverea is also in the same class and seemed to be talking with Frantia about something. It was also the first time I saw Frantia actually talk with someone without that ice queen vibe around her.

As the class started, I can feel that the instructor is also looking at me from time to time, but I decided to ignore that. I listened to their class and it’s was about monster characteristics, weakness and ways to defeat it.

While he was discussing about the monsters I noticed one of the pictures he took out as illustration. It was a dragon, and something that’s very familiar to me. It was the image of the dragon I saw in the cave.

A Schalarespian dragon. A calamity tier SS rank dragon. It’s still around 800 years old and about to evolve into an elder dragon class in 200 more years.

I took out my phone and took a peek at the picture I took at the cave. I felt cold sweat ran down my back and remembered the jewel I took there.

The students were all clamoring once the instructor told them that there’s one sleeping in Horunu Forest. The instructor just laughed it off and told them that the dragon won’t wake up for another 30 years, so there’s no need to worry about from the start.

I also regained my calm after hearing that. I just need to return the jewel within 30 years, so I’ll borrow it for a bit. I’m interested in the source of that voice I heard that time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The class that followed was apothecary. They were taught about various plants, and its effects. I recognize some of the plants, but I didn’t take them because I have no idea if they’re poisonous or not.

Back in the forest, I only took fruits that doesn’t seem poisonous. Of course I tested it on the monsters around, before eating it. I left it on the ground and had the monster see and eat it.

Since the monsters didn’t die it shouldn’t have any poison. Well unless the monster had poison resistance it would’ve died. Luckily, I haven’t eaten dangerous fruits.

Next time, I’ll be sure to learn about fruits and plants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the classes ended and its free time.

The next class would be in two hours, so we can take our time to eat. It would seem that Frantia would eat at the cafeteria, and of course I’d go with her.

I have my own boxed lunch, that I prepared before leaving earlier. After arriving at the cafeteria the two immediately secured a table, and as I thought they asked me to order them food.

I received the money from the two and went to line up with the others. Well I’m her aide after all, I need to obey. While I was busy I lining up, some young man, a dog type tieran, came to where they’re seated.

They seem to be discussing about something, but Frantia doesn’t look pleased about it. I was getting a bad feeling about it so once I got the trays with foods I walked towards their table with haste.

「So you don’t want to have lunch with me? What’s good with eating with this plebeian!? I, Argern Hund, the 2nd son of the Hund family is inviting you to have lunch with me, and you choose this vulgar wolf!?」The young man said as he points towards Riverea.

Riverea is a bit pissed off it seems but she’s holding it in. There’s a possibility that the guy’s social ranking is higher than that of Riverea’s, and is the reason she’s holding back.

“The type I hate the most, I want to hit this guy! Let’s wait till Frantia gives me the order. I don’t want to cause trouble to my employer after all.”

「What’s happening here, Lady Frantia?」I asked as I approached the table.

「Who’s this elf? Your slave? 」He asked Frantia and directed his gaze towards me once more. Frantia didn’t answer of course.

「Don’t meddle in this conversation you lowly slave!!」He continued to run his mouth.

“I’m pretty much at my limit here!! Might be best to ask Frantia about this.”

I gently placed their food on top of the table and proceeded to ask Frantia.

「Lady Frantia, how should deal with this situation?」I asked with a smile on my face.

「I leave it to you.」She replied with a faint smile on her lips.

「It might be a bit loud and messy, are you sure?」I asked just to be sure and she just nodded at me.

I walked towards the young man and aimed to grab the back of his collar, but before I even grabbed a hold of it someone grabbed my hand. It was a guy wearing something that would indicate that he was this arrogant man’s aide. He was a crocodile type tieran and he has this tough hide all over his body. I can feel his strength just from his hand.

「Who might you be?」

「Arg Helfer, a servant of the Hund Family and the aide of the young master Argern Hund. Pleased to meet you. 」

「The name is Reve Flamus, I was hired to be Lady Frantia’s aide. I implore that you take your master out of here and please do educate him not to judge people. I’m an aide not a slave. 」

The man who introduced himself as Arg looked back to his master to seek further orders. The young man however is looking at me full of anger, a moment later he faced Frantia.

「I challenge your servant to a duel!」He said in a loud voice echoing throughout the cafeteria.

“Eh? Does he really intend to beat me?”

As I thought of that, Frantia accepted the duel. I’m quite pissed already so if I could beat him up personally then I don’t intend to back down.

「However, I want to propose one rule, the use of magic is forbidden. If you’re fine with this, then the match will be held later. 」

As soon as Frantia heard that she was about to complain, but I stopped her and asked the young man if there’ll be other rules. He boldly declared that it’s the only rule he needs to crush me.

As I have thought, like Z did Frantia seemed to have thought that I used some kind of magic to win against Z.

The thing is, I don’t even know how to use magic so I can’t use it even if you allow it. If he knows any magic, then the only one affected by the rule is him.

The battle will be held in the school grounds and the instructors would be there to serve as judge. Breaking that rule will result to defeat, but I don’t need to worry about it.

After the two left, Riverea and Frantia suddenly berated me asking me why I took such a disadvantageous challenge. I was able to calm them down after telling them to remember what happened in the forest yesterday.

They know how strong I was, so it’s quite easy to calm them down. Frantia supported my statement telling Riverea that I won against Z. Now that I finished calming them down, I prepared myself. I don’t particularly think I need to be wary of him, but I can’t help but think that something’s amiss.

“Is he that strong? Or is he just an idiot?”

That was the thought that was going around my mind. A few minutes later it was already time for that duel. We made our way to the school grounds, and when we got there, lots of other students are already gathered there.

“They’re really getting excited, huh. Are duels that rare here? Or did they come after knowing that I’m an elf? Anyway, I just need to win.”

Thinking about this I stood in the middle of the grounds and waited for my opponent. My opponent came a few minutes later and as I thought there was something wrong.

The opponent that came for me was not that brat with a rotten personality. What stood in front of me was the figure of his aide. He has this gloves with metal braces on his hands and already in a fighting posture.

「Didn’t you say “you” challenge me to a duel? Why is your servant here? 」I asked that rotten noble as I point on his servant.

「Hah! You think I, a noble being would face a vulgar being such as you!? I won’t even think of touching your filthy body! 」

“This guy really knows how to press my buttons.”

「I see, being noble in this place means being as petty as you, huh. I guess I’m fine being vulgar. 」

I can hear some of the students laugh when I said that, and he was clearly not in a great mood afterwards. He ordered his aide to crush me to smithereens in a very furious voice.

“What a troublesome fellow... I can’t allow myself to lose, so I’ll be taking this seriously.”

I was planning on dodging around and knocking this guy out in a single blow, but he’s faster than I expected. He’s not as fast as Z, but he’s still fast for his size. He’s probably a foot taller than me, and his body is riddled with muscles on top of that his hide is tough.

Seeing his muscle bulge within his clothes I quickly realized that blunt attacks won’t get me anywhere. Fortunately, I took a sword with me. Z said we’re free to use it anytime as long as we maintain it.

It’s the same sword I used for training earlier, so I’m already accustomed to its weight. The sword I’m using is a thin sword that’s modeled for users who’s confident on their mobility.

I quickly drew it out of its sheathe and slashed it towards his forearm in one motion. I quickly made a distance between us. He’s really hard to cut, my attack barely injured him.

Luckily I know just the thing to use. I used『Spirit Channeling』and had the aura made from it concentrate on my rapier’s blade. If I use it like this, his hide and tough muscles won’t be much of a pain to cut.

I need to immobilize him without killing him, which makes it much harder to do. Z was vulnerable to blunt attacks and was the reason I was able to win. If I did the same thing to this guy, he would just grab my hand and it’s going to be lynch time for me.

While being cautious around his fist, I calmly targeted the tendons around his arm. I evaded his attacks continuously, and when I got an opening I had my rapier sever it and make distance between us in one go.

I planned to repeat that tactic and immobilize him afterwards but he’s not much of an idiot unlike his master. He realized it the first time I did it and his attack patterns became erratic.

He doesn’t plan on letting me have the initiative and is locking my movements by concentrating an incessant series of attack. He really stays true to the saying “the best offense is the best defense”.

Defense is not one of my specialties since it wasn’t taught to me during my childhood days. We’re taught how to execute our target the without giving them any chance to retaliate, hence techniques for defense wasn’t taught.

“If only I have another thing I could use... ah!”

This duel has only one rule, the use of magic is forbidden. Meaning, there’s no boundaries, and not to do in this fight. Noticing this I continued to dodge this man’s attack as I close in to Argern’s position while hiding my intention.

When I finally got close, I can hear him badmouth me so clearly. It’s really irritating, so once I had my back in front of him. I quickly turned around and threw him to the incoming attack.

His aide’s kick landed beautifully on his stomach, which had him coughing and fell to the ground. Watching his master fell down, the aide had become flustered for a moment. I didn’t let this moment pass and stole a sword from the nearest spectator that has one, and used both swords in my hands to cut through that aide’s arms. Once I landed I followed it with another series of slashes towards his thighs, and completely immobilized him.

The conceited young noble watched his servant fall to the ground. As he held his stomach in pain, he let out his protest in a frail voice.

「That’s... against the rules...」He said looking at me with disdain.

「Hm? Against the rules? I don’t remember using magic, and I also hadn’t heard you state another rule other than banning the use of magic. 」I mockingly answered.

I look at the judges asked them to tell me if that young noble stated other rules, and as I’ve expected he really neglected to clarify other rules. Therefore, the only rule recognized was banning the use of magic.

「A duel is a battle between two individuals who agreed to the same set of rules, it’s your fault for not making it clear.」I told him as I walk away. Even though I won, I wasn’t able to get away without taking a few hits.

“That aide sure has power, I think some of my bones are broken.” I thought as I made my way to Frantia.

I was able to fool Frantia and Riverea saying that it was a piece of cake. The truth is that I was having a really hard time. I’m too specialized in offense that I’m always at a disadvantage when I’m getting pushed back.

I can deal with my injuries after I eat, after all『Spirit Channeling』can hasten my natural hearing ability but in exchange it consumes a large amount of energy.

Now that the nuisance has already disappeared somewhere, I could have nice and quiet time until class.
    Table of Contents
    Chapter 01
    Chapter 02
    Chapter 03
    Chapter 04
    Chapter 05
    Chapter 06

14. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah that sucks, I was very confuse and thought they were reincarnated lovers and she had yet recover her memories.
    But didn't he say that in past history there was a girl who he wanted to meet? So isn't it time travel? *Confuse*

15. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey~ do you mean this one?
    |
    V
    The person he wants to meet was the teacher who cast a spell on him so that they can communicate...
    He wants to learn magic, and the first person he actually saw cast magic is Miss Ursula~

16. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 07
    First Steps
    After lunch it was already class for weapon maintenance.

Also, before class Frantia handed me a piece of paper with strange characters written on it. I borrowed a pen from her and wrote how to read the characters in the paper she handed me.

So while they were busy doing the activity left to them by their instructor, I was learning how to read. I was good at studying, so I was able to memorize all of them right before class ends.

During class they were taught how to make and maintain of weapons. So the place where the class was held was inside a hot building where some people are trying their skills in making weapons, while some learn how to maintain weapons and put it to practice.

I have experience in making and maintaining weapons so I took a look at them when I finished studying this world’s writing system.

It was like seeing something out of a movie. Seeing people hit hot metal forging swords with the figure of some of the students doing maintenance practice.

From what I’ve heard, the school keeps a large number of swords to lend students who either forgot their own sword or who those doesn’t have one to begin with.

Also, during this class a student could just buy raw materials and make their own sword here. Furthermore, they’ll be supervised by their instructors so they won’t be able to make any mistakes. The students who practice maintaining equipment are those who either already have a sword, doesn’t have a sword or someone with no interest in forging weapons.

“I see... they’re taught how to do most of the things they’ll need to be autonomous in the future.”

It was just like when I was little. We’re taught how to make our own weapon, how to fight, how and where to procure dangerous things through back door dealings and other “how to’s” to become independent.

The only difference is that they’re not being forced to learn it. Back then it was either become stronger, or die. It was an environment where the strong will remain and the weak will be “hacked” literally. So I was always on the edge, worrying if I might be the next person to be cut off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After that class it was my most anticipated class.

It was basic magic class.

According to Frantia, it was a class where they taught the students the basic principles of magic. From what I heard I can’t really expect this class to actually teach magic.

Nonetheless! It discusses about the basics of magic! I won’t probably understand even a bit of it, but I’ll keep it in mind just to be sure.

They talked about formulas and combinations. I think they were talking about elements but they were drawing something strange circles, triangles and other polygons. I wasn’t able to follow, but I decided to remember how to make them just in case.

Also, during the lecture I learned to read for a bit. Miss Ursula has a habit to read and point to the words she’s explaining, so I was able to learn how to read certain words and what it means at the same time.

It’s quite simple, so I only need to study for a week and I should be able to keep up with conversations even if the magic Miss Ursula used on me disappears.

“Now that I think about it, I should ask Miss Ursula if that magic has a time limit.”

After class I told Frantia that I have something to ask Miss Ursula and she gave me the permission to do so. I have to be near her at all times after all, so I had to make sure she won’t go too far while I’m talking with Miss Ursula.

Since class has just finished Miss Ursula is still busy sorting the props she used during the lecture. I walked towards her and offered my help, since I’m already there I thought that I should at lend a hand.

She accepted my help and had me erase what was written on the board. While I was doing what she asks of me, I casually asked her about the magic she casted on me.

「Miss Ursula, I’m just wondering.」

「What is it?」she replied while she continues to sort out her things,

「The magic you casted on me. Does it have a limited time duration? 」

「Well... it doesn’t have one. What I used on you is an advanced support type spell used to communicate with people from other races. There is a version of it that will only last in the duration of one day, but I don’t know how long you’d stay here so I decided to use the other. 」

“I see, I thought it’ll go away after a few days.”

「Hmm... by the way, Miss Ursula. I want to know how to use magic, can you help me? 」I asked as I finish erasing the last bit of writing on the board.

I turned around to Miss Ursula’s direction as I asked. She has this expression on her face as if she wasn’t able to understand what I just said.

「Ahh... Is there something wrong? 」I asked.

「I’ve never heard of an elf that doesn’t know how to use magic! Even the lousiest elf is said to be able to cast basic magic before the age of ten. 」

“That must be a worldwide known fact... Good thing I have a fake excuse ready.”

I let out an empty laugh as I told Miss Ursula that what she said meant that I suck more than the lousiest elf recorded in their history. Hearing that Miss Ursula went on a panic and told me words to cheer me up.

I might seem like dejected, but the truth is I’m not dejected in the slightest. I only did that to made her feel sorry, which makes it easier to ask her teach me how to do so.

「I can’t do anything about it, no one knows how to use magic in the place where I came from. I actually thought that it doesn’t even exist. 」I told her.

「Now that you said it. Before you told us that you don’t know anything outside of your island. Is that place isolated or something? 」

“Ohh... She came up with it on her own.”

「Yes, the elder won’t let us go out of the island, saying that nothing good lies outside of it. Then yesterday, I just woke up inside that forest. 」I answered as I direct my gaze downward.

I took a glance at her after that and it would seem that she bought the story. She also has this “I feel sorry for you” look on her face. I think it should be about time so I started to ask her about magic.

「I don’t know why I was sent here, but since I’m already here. I want learn as much as I could, while I’m here. 」This is what I really thought.

---------------------------------------------------

I have no clue why I’ve been sent here, but since I’m already here. I have to make use of my time here and learn things I won’t be able to learn back in my world. I have no need to hurry, since I’m not summoned in this world. Although despite that, I still want to learn it as soon as possible.

Also, I ruled out the possibility of being summoned here since no one was present when I got here. If ever that was the case, then it’s unfortunate for that person. After all, I don’t intend to be someone’s servant, not to mention it’ll end up free of charge because of some weird spells.

It always happens in those novels I read. Someone who was summoned would get some kind of curse engraved on his soul and end up as the servant of the summoner for as long as he lived.

----------------------------

Miss Ursula who was feeling sorry for me a while ago, turned her face into a gentle smile after hearing my words. She’s a teacher after all, so she might be happy seeing a young man with the desire to learn.

To be honest, I don’t really care about that. I just want her to teach me. So with that in mind I tried asking her once more.

「So, will you teach me how to?」

「Unfortunately, I don’t a have license to practically teach anyone. The best I could do is tell you hints and it’s up to you to learn it on your own. Every kingdom is strict when it comes to spreading magic. 」

「I see, are there any books that could help me?」

「There are grimoires that can teach a specific magic, but it’s very expensive. Well, there are books that teach magic available to the public but...」

「There are!?」I suddenly exclaimed after hearing what she said.

「Yeah, but all of them are quite flimsily made. They teach it properly but skips the most important parts...」

“Eh... now that I think about it. There are plenty of ancient books about magic are found in my former world, but all of them were duds and none of them worked properly. Are they books made in a flimsy way like the ones Miss Ursula said?”

「Well if you can at least tell hints from time to time, then I guess it’s fine. Thank you very much. 」

「You’re welcome.」she replied with a smile.

Judging from the exchange, this would be a great timing to go home now. However, there is still one last thing I want to ask before I leave. Without knowing that, today would be a failure for me.

「Before I leave, can you tell me how to activate a magic? The truth is, I already saw one of those books that was available to the public. Some people smuggled it inside the island, but it doesn’t tell how to activate a magic. I should be able to find out the rest on my own in due time. 」

「It seems that that’s the main problem. Well to put it shortly, it’s spirits. 」

「Spirits?」

「Making a contract with a spirit is needed to use magic. Spirits help you regulate, control and use the magic essence inside and around you. It would also mean that you won’t be able to use any kind of magic without making a contract with one. This is all the hint I could give you for now. 」

「I see. Thank you very much, see you later. 」I said with a bow.

After that, I turned to face Frantia who was waiting for me. She has one of her brows lifted looking at me with a very unpleased look.

「You done?」She asked and I just nodded at her question.

「I thought you’ll be talking with her all night. So what did you talk about? 」

“Is she the type that holds a grudge for small things like this?”

「I just asked her if the magic she used on me have some kind of time limit.」

「Hmm... so it took you so much time just to ask that...」She told me as she turns to walk towards the door. Of course, I, being her servant followed after her.

「Well, to be honest. I asked her if she could teach me how to use magic...」I added, since I can’t afford to make her angry.

「Hm? Aren’t elves supposed to be natural born wizards? And what did Miss Ursula say? 」

「I’m born in an island remember? It’s isolated from the rest of the world, and unfortunately, there’s no one in our island who knows how to use magic. I only heard of magic in history taught to us and haven’t seen someone use it. That’s why I reacted that way when Miss Ursula used her magic on me, and also she refused...」

「I see, and that’s to be expected. Teaching magic is forbidden to everybody without a license, and Miss Ursula won’t teach in this school if she has one. 」

「Hmm... by the way, do you know where I can make contract with a spirit? 」

「You’re really set on that, aren’t you?」

「Well... yeah. I’ve always been fascinated by magic since childhood, so I can’t help it. 」

「Is that so... well, even if you say that it’s not easy to find a spirit. In the first place, you won’t even find them just by looking around since they’re in their astral form. 」

「Then have any better idea?」

「A free drifting spirit needs something that could contain itself to earn a physical body and bound itself to its contractor. Ethereal bodies can’t be bounded by curses after all. The thing used as a container most of the time is a Mana Crystal. 」

“Hm? Did she smile just now?”

「You sure know a lot, huh.」

She suddenly turned to me and said「Hey, I’m the only daughter of a world class merchant, and knowing what the products we sell is a basic practice for me. My parents told me that I need to develop that as a habit and learn about a lot of things, since I’ll be inheriting our family business. 」while pointing her finger upward as if she’s lecturing me.

“So she’s not being forced to do that huh... After all, you won’t smile like that while talking about something you hate.”

「Does that mean you have Mana Crystals?」

With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she turned to the hall once again and told me.

「I can give you one, in exchange for your pay this month~ How ‘bout it?」

I gotta admit, she’s pretty cute, but I have something more important in mind so I paid it no heed.

「Ah... I don’t know. I’ll think about it, and can you tell me more about Mana Crystals? 」

I found a certain crystal inside that dangerous dragon’s cave. I remembered that it can use telepathy. It continued to say the same words repeatedly, until I took it off its pedestal.

「As the name suggests it looks just like an ordinary crystal, and the only difference is that a mana crystal has a faint glow. 」

「Hmm...」I took out the jewel from my pocket and showed it to her.

I always carry it since I want to keep it a secret, but I now know that it’s something I took from a dangerous place. She’s been kind enough to give me a job, so I think she has the right to know.

If she tells me to return it to that cave then, I will. After all, I don’t plan on angering that thing.

「How about this? Is this a Mana Crystal? 」

Stopped walking and suddenly took the jewel off of my hand.

「This is...」 She muttered as she looks at it closely.

「There’s no doubting it. This is a Mana Crystal, and it’s of high quality. However, I’ve never seen something of its class. There are high quality ones that my parents showed before, but this one’s way above those. Where did you get this? 」

“She suddenly got talkative... Well, the blood of a merchant is flowing through veins after all. She might’ve been triggered after seeing something like that, but man! I thought that it would fetch a high price, but to think she haven’t seen something this good. More importantly. It’s a Mana Crystal!!”

「Well, I got it from the nest of a Schalarespian dragon from the forest yesterday...」I told her in a soft voice that is almost inaudible, especially during the part “Schalarespian dragon”.

「What did you say?」She asked with a faint trace of doubt in her tone.

“She definitely heard it, and she just wanted to make sure. Well, after hearing that lesson earlier even I would doubt anyone who’ll say that. I, myself think that I was lucky because that dragon was in its hibernation period when I came.”

With those things running around my mind, I clearly repeated what I told her. She massaged her temples after hearing me repeat my words, and asked me once again.

「You’re not gonna tell me that you’re just joking, right?」

“She’s really having a hard time taking what I said at face value...” I nodded my head while thinking as such.

「Mr. Rostiges said that dragons of that type are sensitive to presences. What kind of trick did you use to come back from that place? Are you even sure that it’s really a Schalarespian dragon? 」

I took out my phone and showed the picture of the dragon to Frantia. I purposely took my phone out to sway her attention away from her first question. It would be troublesome if she asks me to teach her the skill『 Spirit Channeling』, since I’m not a teacher material.

She threw the jewel back at me and suddenly snatched the phone from my hand, looking at it with great interest as if a child in front of the latest game console.

“Is it me? Or does this girl have a habit of snatching things.”

「What is this thing!?」

Her voice was so loud that the students and instructors turned look at her. Good thing I quickly placed my hand on the phone concealing it between our hands. By the time they had their eyes on Frantia, the phone’s already hidden. After everyone that looked at her continued to move on, I warned her not to speak so loud and to keep quiet about the phone.

Realizing that she did something that can’t be called a smart thing to do. She nodded at me and asked me once again in a soft voice. I can’t think of a way to explain it to her, so I just told her it’s a phone.

「A phone? Is this “phone” some kind of sealing crystal? 」

「Hm?」I leaned my head to the side questioningly.

「Here look? The dragon’s inside and can’t even move a muscle. 」She told me pointing at the screen.

A moment later, she accidentally pressed the home button and the picture of the dragon is not projected anymore. She panicked suddenly saying that the dragon escaped and almost dropped the phone in the process.

I placed my hand on my mouth holding back my laugher, but I wasn’t able to prevent the sound from escaping.

「What are you laughing about!? The dragon escaped in our school, you know! 」She told me suppressing her voice. She seems that she doesn’t want to cause panic.

After a few more minutes, I finally stopped laughing and told her that she has nothing to worry about. I took the phone from her hand and brought the picture of the dragon back on screen.

「I hate to break it to you, but this thing isn’t some kind of sealing crystal. To put it simply, it’s something I can use to preserve a scene I saw once. It might be faster to show it to you. 」

As I told her that, I took a picture of her and showed it to her. I can see hints of amazement from her expression as she looks at the phone.

「And there you have it. Also, don’t tell anybody about this, got it? 」

She nodded and asked if she could borrow it. The scene in front of me had me think...

“So you know how to ask properly... it’s just my intuition, but she may have something to ask.”

And as I thought, she asked me to teach her how to use it. She’s still my employer, so I can’t really refuse her. I let out a sigh as I look at her taking a picture of just about everything.

I walked towards her and grabbed her collar, which had her choke on it. She suddenly moved away not realizing that my hand’s already on her collar. I still have some questions for her after all.

「Before you go on, what should I do with this?」I asked her, showing the Mana Crystal I got from the forest yesterday.

「Hm? You can do whatever you want with it. That dragon won’t wake up for thirty more years, so it should be fine. 」

「Are you sure it’s fine? I don’t want to get blame if something happens. 」

「I already told you, and if the one in zillion chance that something really happens. It’s my responsibility too for not doing anything. 」

「Why are you so confident about that?」

「There are two ways to wake up dragons of that type in the middle of hibernation. The first one is going inside it’s nest carelessly and it would wake up feeling the presence of a meal. It won’t sleep again until it’s hunger is satisfied.

The second one is to wait for its hibernation to end, so the only people who can raid those caves during hibernation periods are mages. Of course they’re no ordinary mages. They can disguise the presence and control their magic to avoid detection completely, but one mistake could easily lead to their death. Also,

Therefore, the fact that you’re here means that the dragon didn’t wake up. It is an already proven fact that unless one of those two condition is met. The dragon won’t wake up. 」

“That was a long answer, but I see. That’s why she’s so confident about it.”

「I see, so how do I make a contract with the spirit inside this thing?」

「If it’s about that you could just ask Beau. She may be a maid now, but she’s still a strong mage. 」

“Eh? She’s a mage? She was pretty skilled with knives when I saw her cooking, so I thought she must be a close range fighter. Didn’t think she’d turn out to be a mage...”

「I see, then I’ll do just that.」

-----------------------------------------------------------

When we got to out of the gate, the carriage was already there. I began taking formally to Frantia once more. It would be a pain to be lectured by the other servants. It took us a few minutes to get back to the mansion and I want to ask Beau right away, but I have to escort Frantia to her room first.

She was quite in a hurry, and I have an idea why. She was pretty behaved inside the carriage and avoided using the phone, it’s a good thing she’s doing as I told her. The reason why I told her that is because I don’t want to spread technology in this world. Technology will just exhaust this world’s resources, and I don’t want to be the trigger for that.

I’ll let her have the phone, since I can just create another once I’m familiar with magic. After all, I can reproduce every gadget I used during my time as an assassin.

When I was little, my instructors told me that buying already made products could increase the possibility of being tracked. In that case, creating the gadget we need ourselves would decrease that possibility.

Since I don’t have anything I could use it for, I gave it to her. The best thing I could use it for is for capturing pictures and video/sound recording.

As planned, I accompanied her to her room. When we got inside her room, she closed the door quickly. I let out a sigh looking at her excitedly taking pictures of her room.

If she continues to take pictures at that pace the memory card would be full in no time, so I decided to warn her about that. Luckily, she listened to me earnestly, and since I’m already teaching it to her. I decided to teach her everything about it.

Of course I can’t tell her about the messaging, calls and internet, so I told her that those things are games that only work on the Island where I came from. She doesn’t have any prior knowledge about it, so it was fairly easy to convince her.

To make excuses and tell her everything she needed to know, I took up a whole hour. It’s already dusk when I took a look outside. I still had to ask Beau so I told Frantia that I need to go, and since she was busy with the phone she easily gave her permission.

She also gave me a piece of paper and a fountain pen she got after digging in her cabinet. Receiving the thing she handed to me, I told her to not forget to eat. When I was just about to step out of the room, she told me to come back by nine. Well, I have a very good idea why.

“I’ll be sure to come!!” I went out of her room thinking about that, while imagining her naked body.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour has already passed after I left Frantia’s room.

I was looking for Beau at the garden, since Z told me that Beau often goes around the garden after her shift. I remembered her saying that her shift ends by nightfall, so she should be here.

The garden was big and has lots of trees, flowers and bushes that makes it hard to find her. Not to mention that this garden has a small maze at the back.

The only thing I haven’t checked was the maze, so I headed there.

----------------------------------------------------------

When I got in, I got lost instantly. Every turn I take I always end up in a dead end, so it took up quite a lot of time before I found the right paths. When I was nearing the center I heard something I think I shouldn’t.

It was a girl’s stimulated voice and it seems like she’s doing something she’s not supposed to do outside. It would be definitely dangerous and troublesome at the same time if I saw what’s happening on the other side.

“Rabbits have a strong sexual urge, but man... Those things should be done indoors, or might she be a...”

Therefore, I decided to trace my footsteps and get some distance between me and the center. After that, I called out to her as if I’m still looking for her.

That way she won’t find out that I accidently heard her stimulated voice. Also, it’s hard find the timing to walk in, if I get to the center too fast she’ll notice. In that aspect it’s much better to do it this way, and just as I expected, a few second later she told me to get to the center.

A few minutes later, I got to the center and saw Beau who was sitting on the sole bench in the center of the maze. When I got a good look at her, she’s fidgeting and her cheeks are a bit reddish. I decided to ignore that and asked away. As straight as can be I ask.

「Can you tell me how to make a contract with a spirit?」

Her expression hints of confusion. I can’t blame her since teaching somebody magic without the proper license is a crime. Then I told her that it was Frantia who told me to ask her about it. She’s wavering, so I decided to give her another push.

「Can you do something about it? I’ve already got Lady Frantia’s go signal, and it should be fine if you give me some hints. 」

「B-but, it’s still a crime.」

「It’s not if nobody find’s out about it, and the lady won’t tell anybody about it. If you’re not worried about that, then are you perhaps doubting my words? Well, you can just ask her if you want. She’ll be awake till nine so it should be fine if you go now. I’d even go with you. 」

「I-it’s fine, since it is true that I could at least give some hints.」

「Eh? Really? It’s okay if you want to check it for real, you know? 」

「It’s fine, so should we start?」

“Hmm... this girl trusted my words without hesitation, but there’s something about her that I just can’t shake off. It also feels like she doesn’t want to move from that spot. If that’s the case, I should stop questioning. She already agreed so there’s no need to risk it.” I thought as I watch her fidget on the bench.

17. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 08
    The Great Spirit Seele​

I showed her the piece of paper Frantia gave me and asked what it’s for. She told me it’s a 『Magic Form』. According to her, it’s a paper with a curse casted on it, and it’s not just any curse spell.

It’s called 『Absolute Rule』a curse type spell that punishes the person who broke the designated rules written on the form as described. It’s necessary when making absolute contracts and should cost quite a sum of money. After all, it belongs to the high tiers of magic.

I had her told me how to fill up the『Magic Form』.

Well it’s just like filling up a legal contract in my former world. Just state the details of the contract, how the rule breakers are punished, and how long the contract would be effective.

According to Beau, it is also used in contests, games and the resolution between nobles.

So I decided to go with a loose contract because I don’t really want to bind anyone against their will. I was bounded by some large group of criminals and ended up being an assassin. To be frank, I didn’t enjoy it in the least.

So what did I write? Nothing special, it only states that the spirit who’ll agree with this contract will be bound to me for a lifetime, and the contract shall be void if the rights of the spirit be disrespected. Well, I also set it to give me the right to void the contract anytime.

Spirits have no rights stated in this world so I had to describe every rights I would allow them to have. I set it in a way that it’s similar to the human rights law in my former world.

However, if I leave it like that it’ll be too advantageous to the spirit. So I had placed another set of rules. It states that if either of us faces a situation where death would likely be the obvious result lending a hand is compulsory. If one should decline, death would be inevitable for the said individual.

Also, since there are no tables in this place. I used the tree beside the bench as a replacement for it. I can’t use the bench since Beau is still sitting on it. If I saw something I shouldn’t, it’ll be troublesome.

Just like that I signed my name on it using my own blood as Beau told me, and placed the Mana Crystal on the part where the largest magic circle is drawn. There are a total of three magic circles on the paper, so I had to ask which one I should use.

On the page where I stated everything, was a magic circle engraved on it. The back part of it has two magic circles of the same size, with different structures.

As soon as I finished writing my name the crystal let out a radiant light enveloping the whole place in it. I closed my eyes as the light hit me and recalled the voice that guided me to the cave.

Of course, I am anticipating the appearance of a spirit in a form of a beautiful woman. I completely forgot that spirits are in ethereal form and can’t be seen by the naked eye. Her voice sounds so pretty that you won’t mistake it for a man.

However, what I saw in front of me was not even a humanoid. It was a dragon, a miniature dragon that is, and most of all...

「HAHAHAHA!! To make a contract with the “great” me! I praise your wise decision! Now, state your ambition! I shall lend you my “great” power! 」

It’s not the same voice I heard back then. What I heard is a voice that you’ll only expect coming from a big bulky old man. Without a word, I grabbed its tail and slammed it on the nearest tree. I was so shaken by the change that I haven’t noticed that it has a physical form.

「Gah! What are you doing, fool!? The “great” me has been nice enough to give you the honor of being my partner! 」

「Sorry, I’m in still in the middle of being disappointed... hehehe...」

I was brought back when somebody poked me from behind, and of course it’s none other than Beau who has this expression on her face as if she can’t believe what she’s seeing. I looked back to the miniature dragon after seeing her face wondering if there’s something wrong.

「Spirits should have no physical form...」I heard her mutter behind me.

It was then when I realized what was wrong. I asked that little dragon what’s up with that, and it replied with a laugh.

「Hehehe... took you long enough to realize, fool. That is right! I’m not like those other spirits, for I am a very special existence HAHAHAHA!!」

「That doesn’t really explain anything...」

「Don’t mind it, fool.」

「Can you stop calling me that?」

「I still haven’t got your name yet. 」

「Ah.」

「Don’t tell me you just realized that... you really are a fool. 」He said as he looks at me with pity.

「Want me to slam you again?」

I sighed and introduced myself to him, afterwards. I made sure that he remembered it before I moved on to other things. The thing I’m thinking of prioritizing is about his form...

You can’t expect me to walk around with a live dragon flying around me. So I asked him if he could turn his body into ethereal form, and he answered me telling me that his power is many times greater than a normal spirit, but in exchange for it he lost his ethereal body.

「How useless...」

「I can’t help it. I’ve tried it before but I wasn’t able to do so. 」The dragon who was talking so proudly earlier was now whining. Also, his voice doesn’t sound the same, he now sounds like a child.

“Well that might be his true voice, and where did you “great” power go, useless dragon?”

「How about using the Mana Crystal as an accessory?」Beau informed me after hearing our discussion. She doesn’t seem to have accepted the situation yet, and that also includes me.

However, I got no choice but to do so. Well, thinking about what she said.

“Mana Crystal is used to contain a free drifting spirit and give it a physical body, but this guy already has a physical body. Then what did I made contract with?”

I asked the dragon who’s floating in the air. 「Did I already made a contract with you?」

「Hm? Not yet. 」

「Eh? Why haven’t I made a contract with you yet? And what did I make contract with then? 」

「That contract opened a way in and out of the crystal, that happened to let a spirit use that crystal. I, on the other hand, used that to get out, and what you made contract with is that crystal and the spirit that will reside it in a few hours, or days. 」The midget dragon replied pointing at the crystal with his tail.

「Normally, people would have to wait for days before a spirit willing to take the contract appears.」Beau told me.

「Then could I still make contract with this guy?」I asked her.

「If you have another『Magic Form』it should be possible.」

「Could I still use this crystal for this guy?」

「Now that I think about it, I’m guessing that it would be impossible. Since he already has a physical body, you’ll need to remake the crystal to be able to house him inside it. As for that crystal there are two things you could do, either make contract with two spirits or destroy this thing. 」She replied.

“This is getting confusing... So in short that『Magic Form』bounded that now empty crystal to me, and would result to me inadvertently making a contract with another spirit in a few days. I could also make a contract with that dragon, but I’ll need another『Magic Form』.

If I don’t want to make a contract with the two of them. I could either set that dragon free and make a contract with another spirit, or destroy the crystal and make a contract with this midget size dragon.

Lastly, in regards to the crystal. I won’t be able to house that dragon there anymore, since he has a physical body. Beau was saying something about remaking the crystal, which is probably out of my league at the moment.”

「I see, but is there any point in making contract with two spirits?」

「You’ll be able to use『Unison Magic』on your own. These are magic spells that needs two or more casters, but that is only needed to lessen the burden on us, spirits, who is regulating the magic essence in the caster’s body. If you attempt to do it with only one spirit, then you’ll die due to the spell going berserk.

Of course, it is also not without risk to make contract with two spirits. If your body is not strong enough to house a large amount of magic essence you’ll surely die. Spirits need to consume magic essence to live and making contract with two would mean that you’ll be providing enough magic essence for two. 」The midget dragon told me.

「Is there a way to know if I can store enough magic essence for two?」

「Well, if you have mind of steel and have a body that can withstand tortures that should be good.」

「What kind of standards are you using, midget?」

「Don’t call me midget! I have a name that speaks of my greatness. Rejoice for I shall reveal my name. Clean your ears and listen well, for my name is-Gah!」

I slammed him once more to the nearby tree.

「What are doing!?」The midget dragon was fuming in anger.

「Can’t you just do it without doing anything unnecessary?」

「Do you want to know my name or what?」

「I want to know.」

「Then apologize to me!」

「Forgive me, now can you just tell your name, without any unnecessary things!」

「Tsk! It’s Seele! 」

「Hmm... What makes you special? You were always on about how great and how special you are, since earlier. It makes me curious. 」

「Fufufu... Listen well, for I-」

He stopped mid-sentence when he felt my hand on his tail. I was looking at him with cold eyes. Beau only watched us, and wasn’t able to inject herself in our conversation. To be honest, I think she won’t be able to get back unless I go back first.

「Unlike other spirits, I could help you make contract with the souls of monsters you’ve defeated, and summon them as allies. However, in return for that I can’t help you with elemental magic unlike normal spirits.

If you have another spirit, then I should be able to use it through the help of other spirit you made contract with. 」

「So in short, with you around I can make contracts with monsters and summon them, but I can’t use normal magic unless I make contract with another spirit.」

「Well... yeah. Hahaha...」

「How useless...」

「Wha- Hey! It’s one of the greatest magic you know! I can even revive the dead if I have enough power! 」He told me to reject my words.

After all, he believes that his magic is the greatest, and I just denied everything he is with two words. However, I didn’t stop there.

「Even if I defeat a monster and make contract with it. It’s still a magic I definitely can’t use in front of the public. In short you’re useless unless I make a contract with another spirit. 」

The midget dragon who calls himself “Seele” made a lot of excuses, but I didn’t pay any heed to his words. I expressed my thanks to Beau and left for the Servant Quarters. It’s night already and I only have an hour left before I have to go back to Lady Frantia’s room.

His voice didn’t revert back to the one he used when he first appeared. My guess was right after all. Also, I left the mana crystal at the maze just as Beau told me.

-------------------------------------------------

So before I have to go I want to eat first. Frantia probably have already eaten by now, so I need to get ready. As planned I went straight to the dining area, but I remember that the other servants would eat later. However, I won’t be able to eat by that time, so I decided to eat now.

Also, since it was still an hour before dinner the person in charge of the cooking hasn’t stepped in the kitchen yet. I talked with that person and told him that I won’t be able to eat with them since the lady told me to be there by nine.

Well, he was surprised by the dragon on my head, but since the rumor about me defeating Z was widely known among the servants. They were convinced quite easily, that is after a few minutes of reasoning. Well, I told them straight as can be. That the dragon is a spirit, even though he has a physical body.

Some have slight traces of fear in their faces, while some were having a good time petting the Seele. He was pretty popular with the ladies, and I’m not the least BIT jealous of it!

Well, taking my focus off that scene, I repeated my question and volunteered to cook for today and it’s a good thing he agreed to exchange schedules with me.

After that I went to the kitchen to cook things up. Except for the vegetables most of the ingredients are new to me. So I examined them first before I cook them up.

If I was ordered to infiltrate a five restaurant, I have confidence that it’ll be easy to be hired as a cook given my skills. Most of all, I like eating food, so I tend to cook for myself often. So I’m pretty skilled in it.

Since there is no other person in the kitchen, and after a few minutes in Seele came in. Looks like he was able to get away from the ladies and as soon as he entered he started asking a lot of questions. He kept on asking what I’d cook, how would I cook, etc...

He looked like he’s interested in this world’s cuisine, so I told him that I’ll feed him some later if he shuts up. Surprisingly, he did shut up, thanks to that I was able to concentrate on cooking.

I went with a simple cooking that only used a few strips of meat, which I don’t know what animal or monster it came from, and a lot of potatoes. I was able to make it since they have a stone oven. Well, I made enough for everyone. I don’t know if they’ll like it, but I hope that they would.

As I told Seele, I made an extra helping for him. He ate it with gusto, and it didn’t even take him fifteen minutes to clean his plate. Seeing him eat the food which is bigger than him. I wondered where all the food he ate go.

“In the first place, do spirits need to eat food? Or maybe he’s just a special case, since he has a physical body of his own.”

Well, all in all it took me a lot of time just to eat, and it’s only thirteen minutes left before nine. So I quickly washed all the used dishes and got back to her room just before nine.

She welcomed me as I got inside with a “just in time” comment. The midget dragon is of course with me. She noticed the midget a moment later after greeting me. Well, it is weirder if she doesn’t.

She questioned me about the dragon, and I told her that it’s a spirit. At first she didn’t believe me, but the midget dragon talked and persuaded Frantia. She was now looking at Seele as if a brand new toy came to her, and Seele having been toyed by the maids earlier knew what was going to happen next. He quickly hid behind me saying that he won’t be taken down by her.

Quite a thing to say while hiding behind someone and his body shaking. I lightly whacked his head, enough to knock him down a few centimeters and told me not to use me as shield.

Frantia giggled and asked me if Seele was my spirit. Well, the truth is he’s still not my spirit, and I don’t have a reason to lie. I told her the truth, and was surprised. Since telling her the truth didn’t seem enough. I told her about all the things that happened in the maze except from what Beau was doing prior to that.

She asked me why Seele, a spirit with a physical body is doing inside a crystal. Honestly, I don’t know too, and Beau told me that I need to remake the crystal to house this guy. However, this guy’s is already from the crystal.

“Why do I have to remake the crystal?” I wondered and I just noticed this now, but thinking about it won’t solve anything. I turned to Seele and asked him.

「Hey Seele, how did you end up inside that crystal? Miss Lapin told me that I can’t get you inside that crystal because you have a physical body. 」

「I wasn’t inside that crystal because I want to. Enemies took me away from my master and sealed me. That was the last time I’ve seen her, a lot of time passed that I lost count of it. So I started calling for help. 」

「So that’s why you were making that telepathy like transmission.」

「It’s not like telepathy, it is telepathy magic.」

「Then will be so kind as to tell me why use a woman’s voice for it?」I asked with a cold stare.

「Well... I thought that a woman’s voice would be more effective. 」

I was ready to smack him hard, but decided against it. Well, he’s been through a lot too, so I could forgive him just this once.

Frantia on the other hand just moved on telling me that it’s almost bedtime and she wants to take a bath.

As she ordered, just like this morning I escorted her to the bath and helped her with everything. Seele was also surprised when he saw my body. It’s to be expected though. It’s probably the first time he has seen a furry elf with claws.

Since Frantia didn’t seem to mind, I let Seele come inside the large bathroom with us. I attended to my duties like this morning, while Frantia grabbed a hold of Seele and washed him by force.

She seems to be enjoying it, while Seele was struggling to get away. As for me, I just watched Seele as he gets washed. He was struggling to much you’d think you’re watching someone get raped.

A few minutes passed, the bathing time ended and Seele got out of the room looking as if his soul got sucked out of him. For me, I was refreshed in ways more than one. If a stranger saw this scene, they’d think I sucked the energy from the poor dragon.

Well, the culprit was even more refreshed than me. She has this smile on her face up until the end. I went back to my room at the servant’s quarters, but on the way Z was waiting for me.

I have a pretty good idea why he’s there. It’s definitely about the dragon, and I was right. He asked me straight without going around the long way, and I answered him the same way I did when the servants asked.

He doubted my words since it’s the first he had heard of a spirit with a physical body and nonetheless a dragon. He didn’t put it to words, but I can pick that kind of thing looking at his face. At the worst case scenario, he might go after me for real this time.

「Where did you even found that spirit of yours?」He asked.

I told him the whole truth, since lying about it in this situation could definitely have me put in a bad position. It did take him by surprise that hearing that I infiltrated the dragon’s lair at the Horunu Forest.

I wanted to show him the picture of the dragon on my phone, but I remembered that I left it in Frantia’s hands. So I guided him to the center of the maze where I left the Mana Crystal. Frantia herself told me that she hasn’t seen anything of that quality, so that should at least put some weight on my words.

When we got there, Seele himself decided to convince the old tieran. However, Z wasn’t all that convinced. He asked if I really did go inside that cave, and I answered him the moment he finished his question.

「Then you should know what the color of its scales are.」

「Well, if my memory serves me right, it’s black and reflects a dark violet color when light reflects on it.」

「Hmm... any other things that stand out? 」

「If I were to say, there is a broken horn on its head and two on its tail. I also noticed that it has a scar on the right side of its jaw that looks like this, and another scar on its right front foot that looks like this. 」I told him what I saw and drew the shape of the scars I saw on the ground as I remembered it. I took quite a few pictures, so I remembered a few details.

Z let out a chuckle and continued to a laugh. He tapped my back so hard I was surprised.

「I see, so you really did go inside that place. Quite a courageous lad you are. To enter a dragon’s cave, not everyone has the guts to do that. 」

「The truth is I didn’t realized it was a dragon’s cave before I saw the dragon, and I only took this thing because I’m already there. I thought that I might as well take it a souvenir. 」

「Be proud! Even if you entered that place without knowledge of what is dwelling in that cave. The fact that you came out alive with a loot from the cave is enough proof of your courage. 」

I forced a faint laugh thinking that I’ve finally got through this situation. Seele also seemed to be relieved.

After that, Seele and I made our way to my room. I made an improvised bed for him using a basket I borrowed from the kitchen. I placed a towel on it to serve as cushioning.

As for me, I went to rest and wait for the sun to come.

18. Grave1Mix

Reading List:
    Link
    Map for some~
    Just felt like making it...
    Still incomplete though...
    [​IMG]