Spoiler The Ultimate Past

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Sep 14, 2017.

1. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha it's okay. The plot is really good(and the smuts!) but it's definitely pretty heavy. Some parts I can tolerate in smuts, but in a crime/mystery novel with a character I care? I want to kill the writer LOL

Hmm, he does cry but I don't remember he crying because of the past? He has become a strong man now....he's still emotional but he won't just cry for his own sufferings in the past....
    To be honest, some of the darkness is in the future timeline = = the side story especially. The none side story darkness is not that heavy on Rene I would say, but (imo) due to his past Rene sometimes has low opinion of himself and it seems he's letting things happen to him...it feels like he almost lets himself be raped in some cases. But since he doesn't feel that painful, it doesn't seem that dark?? It's sad to think about, tho.
    ^Have to say that Anton eventually changed him.

Kittsune, readerz and alexfilia like this.
  2. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    We need smuts and dark danmeis!!!
    NO FLUFFY LOVE!

Kittsune and alexfilia like this.
  3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Renne and Anton have multipule partners throughout the story? (Not in the past) ....and how does Anton changed Renne?

4. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't become lovers till pretty late, so yes they both have slept with other people throughout the story. Neither of them have had serious relationships with other people, except for some moments when one or two Rene's exes seem very close to getting him back.
    By that I am talking about Sam, at the end of vol one(slightly), and Lorry(I almost believed Rene will go back to him after that night).

Anton is the one that helps Rene get rid of the past. He's the one that knows the complete Rene, and still respect and love him. Rene is able to respect himself and grow from his hidden crying boy persona.
    which I think it's marked by Rene's reaction when he encounters Higgins in the future.
    Also Anton's sense of justice also changes Rene and makes him a better cop.

^all personal opinions.

@dustmite You have read vol1, maybe you have something to say? Plus your memory is fresher than mine.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  5. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid I can't help out much on that. I got confused by the plethora of characters and all the flashbacks.

Rene or Jimmy is a complicated character, and both are him, except it feels like Jimmy is more of his true persona? He feels like a man who has lost his directions and needs to hang on to someone for support or for a reason to live.

6. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I feel the same. Jimmy is the dark depressing boy who can't live without a man and wants to be saved.
    and he's saved by Lorry.
    Rene is the EAGLE elite who doesn't have a past and whose identity helps Jimmy maintain a position in the world so that he doesn't fall back to the darkness.I really like the EAGLE volume and how he builds up Rene from his broken pieces and finds confidence.
    thanks to Leon
    In the end they combine into one and Anton loves both Jimmy and Rene~

Kittsune, alexfilia and dustmite like this.
  7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    What was Renne's reaction to meeting Higgins in the future? ..... how does Anton help him get over his trauma?

Also who is Owen? ....he seems obsessed with Renne

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  8. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to apologize for the Higgins incident....It's a bit different than I remembered....I re-read it again and Anton and Rene was not on very good terms at that time. Higgins caught Rene in a club and didn't know he's a cop, so he tried to take revenge on him, while Anton was there too. Rene was not very stable at that time and got shaken mentally by Higgins, and left with Higgins.

Anton was disappointed by this and left too. However when Higgins told him he killed
    Alex
    while torturing him, which got Rene furious and fought back. Anton soon chose to trust Rene and understood Rene was not happy and went back to kill Higgins.

The trauma pretty much lasted throughout the whole story and it's not gotten rid of at once, but back and forth...... Anton loved and trusted him, I think that's the key.

Owen is an administration guy in Rene and Anton's unit. He's a cute guy. He loved Rene and saved&helped him in a side story.

AmySuzyAhn, Kittsune and alexfilia like this.
  9. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened when Higgins found out Renne was a police officer now?

And why does Renne not like hospitals?

10. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just answering based on my vague memory:

1. Higgins died before he found out. The whole incident happened really quickly, like hours after Rene left with Higgins

2. That horrifying leg thing happened in a hospital after Rene tried to commit suicide but failed.

11. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Who killed Higgins? ...And why did Renne didnt want anything to happen to his ex sam ?

can you spoil me on Anton's wedding? ...does he have a kid?

What happens in the end with Renne?

Can i take renne home with me please? ....I promise to take care of him! Q.Q

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  12. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Anton.
    2. ?? I don't know which part you're referring to?? But Rene still cared about Sam to some extent. Sam was his first love in many senses.
    3. Anton had a son. He got married with a his long-time friend Susan, because she got pregnant I think?? (It's not easy for them....Rene didn't go to the wedding). They divorced before the kid was born, because Susan found out about them, and this incident made Anton realized his true feeling towards Rene. They started dating officially after Anton'sdivorce.
    4. It's hard to take care of him, sigh. There are too much depressing past that haunts him.

BTW his name is Rene not Renne?

13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    What excuse did Anton have for killing him? (unless he did it secretly)
    Any cute moments with the kid , Anton and Rene? ....were they in the hospital when he was born?

14. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    Anton once promised to Rene if one day he encountered Higgins, he would kill Higgins for him(instead of letting Higgins go on the court). I can't find out what excuse he used, but Higgins was about to kill Rene at that time, so I think it could be defense? Also Anton asked someone he knew to deal with the death of Higgins.

Rene was not in the hospital when the kid was born

AmySuzyAhn, Kittsune and alexfilia like this.
  15. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTL this up untill the second vol ( i need to go back and finish the third :D) ....i skipped a lot of stuff (basically all the murder mysteries lol)
    if i got something wrong @SummerX poke me to change it >.>

I really loved the ml Rene (he really should be the mc ....his past is so sad Q.Q)

Basically Rene run away from home when he was young and resulted to stealing...He ended up living with Alex (who was a prostitute)
    Alex is a cuttie btw <3 ...Anyway i skipped stuff ....he later ends up meeting boyfriend 1 (Sam?? ...not sure what his name is >.>) ...Anyway Sam ends up selling him to Higgins ...Higgins was.....a slave owner? (not sure what he was exactly....he had young boys serve as s** toys to others >.< ) ...he stayed there for a year at least? ....then someone baught him (boyfriend 2?) .....anyway later he meets boyfriend 3 (a cop)
    who in exchange for some underground job he promished to take him away and find him a decent job...he accepted but poor Alex told him not trust him ...Rene said that people like them dont have a future/life anyway :cry: ...After the job was done the cop guy sent him to be a police officer in some small town and used some conections to seal his record ...Stuff happens and Rene's past gets discovered and there was some trial happening??? (not sure) ...Anyway he asks the cop guy to take him away and the cop guy recomends him to some super hard elit police force - Eagle for training... There his trainers were super hard on him and he ended up having to stand in order to eat (i think he comented something like ...i had to do stuff for Higgins and his men so that little shame is nothing :D) Anyway he earned the respect of the people there and he bacame something like a legend :D ....couple of years foward and he meets cute Alex again in the bar ....we also have the first meeting with the mc from his point of view :D

16. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything sounds correct...>< bf1 = Sam, bf2 = Lorry, bf3 = Leon

Both Sam and Higgins are gang leaders