LCD The Wizard World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by januar, Mar 7, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is nowhere near the quality of WMW

The MC is a closet lolicon in denial at the beginning. the tags by the translator suggests he will eventually become a proper lolicon.

There is a very long (50-something chapters) prologue where the MC is faffing about with the family of the dude whose corpse he body snatched before even starting to learn magic.

The MC seems to be your typical japanese highschooler isekai in terms of waifu, emotions, and morality early on. I don't know if it changes later on though. He also builds himself a fake harem, where he actually goes so far as faking sleeping with some of them (when they propose sex) so that they and their family can get benefits from his evil but doting father without him actually laying a hand on them (why not?).

Also, the MC sees how much the father of the corpse he bodysnatched loves him. And immediately starts loving him unconditionally as well. Despite the fact that he is horrendously evil and everyone hates him.

Also, the author writes a lot of combat scenes and he is really really bad at them. They are often quite moronic and make no goddamn sense. For example, the MC is shooting arrows at some enemies, then bam, he is hit by a crossbow bolt! surprise, he didn't notice the enemies he is shooting at drew out crossbows, knocked them, and shot back at him because... reasons? it's secretly a turn based game?

Or he is fighting an enemy who is much much slower than him in melee. suddenly the enemy jumps backwards to put in distance between them, reaches into his satchel, draws and throws 3 knives, this entire thing was done "quicker than the MC could react". what the fuck is this bullshit? MC has twice his agi and last we seen that means MC should be moving faster than that person can see.

Frankly the godawful and completely random and senseless combat is likely going to be what makes me drop this series.

If you want something similarish to WMW try "Age of Adepts", "Throne of Magical Arcana", or "A Sorcerer's Journey". Those are better than The Wizard World. Although neither is anywhere close to warlock of the magus world.

A sorcerer's journey is quite interesting because it is basically WMW but the MC has no cheat (so far. every sorcerer of average+ talent should have an innate ability that gets awoken by the testing, but he doesn't understand what his is yet; but based on what i have seen so far i do not believe it will be a cheat) nor is he a body snatcher from earth (he was born and raised in that world as a dirt poor peasant).

Throne of the arcana is actually kinda annoying. MC dies on earth and bodysnatches a boy in a world of sorcery. with a hypocritical magical church that suppresses sorcerers (any mages who are not of the church). The cheat there is pretty annoying and totally unexplainable. he just has a library in his brain for no reason.

As for age of adepts, it is the closest to WMW. MC is just a little less smart and ruthless than leylin. there are also waifu. But its unclear so far what will happen and how it will be treated. And his AI cheap is inferior to leylin's

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    BlackBlade likes this.
  2. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if those AI chips of theirs have any information on modern technology, or are able to simulate it? (which should be easier than to decipher completely arcane magic, or thousands of alien fruits and herbs)
    It is pretty illogical that a reincarnated human would try to strengthen his body instead of making some advanced weaponry.

3. JualYal

JualYal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is better than wotmw for me, I dont like how the mc in wotmw, he probably can treat his family member like a commodities there if I not heard wrong. I don't even touch that novel. Lol
    Still I am surpise they say it is similar to wotmw even the title seem have similar vibe in it. I think this better choice than wotmw for someone who dont want a heartless mc and that can use chip also as his cheat.

4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They should. but none of the MC's ever bothers with it.

5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, i edited in a correction there. I accidentally confused throne of magical arcana with a sorcerer's journey. I fixed it with the edit
    @BlackBlade sorry for the mixup there

6. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on what world they are in, and if they have the materials
    if they are in xianxia/xuanhuan world, using a gun is no good, seeing how tough the cultivator's body are
    otherwise you have roland

Xian Ni likes this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a gun would probably be useful in the very early phases of their cultivation.
    that being said, the attention it would draw would probably be harmful for them.

I think instead of guns they should develop luxuries and use the funds to buy more cultivation resources

also, things that can improve mortal population density would be of interest to various organizations since they recruit from there. more mortals = more chance of a 1 in a million talent

Xian Ni likes this.
  8. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rofl for real i have no idea why you read this novel, you sound like a WMW fangirl, that does not like the idea that this novel came first (if I remember correctly, you were the one that asked witch novel came first out right?), the xbow shot for starters, he got hit because the arrow was to fast and the AI could not detect it, he was the one to throw the knives to the ranged after killing the 2 melee guys, also wtf is wrong with him helping the girls, it's like he needs to be an asshole for the fun of it???
    What random and senseless combat, the whole territory is under siege, they getting several attacks from "bandits" is what you should expect ....for real man you should stop your personal vendetta against TWW we get it you hate it for your crazy reasons....

Danis likes this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am proud to be a fan of WMW. I am also a male.
    I asked that question, but your assertion that I am unhappy with which story came first is simply stuff you are making up now to fuel your pathetic attempt at a personal attack
    Reading fail. Also, you do not need an AI cheat to see people on horseback stop, pull out xbows from their saddlebags, then draw them, then knock a bolt in them, then take aim.
    This was not a case where he was ambushed, but where he was actively shooting at people and failed to notice them getting their crossbows out.

The MC indeed claimed that the MOVING ARROW was moving too fast for him to see. but this is a retarded claim, as I explained you can see them prepping the weapon before firing. I am baffled at why you would repeat this stupid explanation when it has literally nothing to do with what I typed
    Reading fail. the knife thing i was talking about was a different fight, the one against the assassin (where he found the magic ring with wind elemental energy)
    Reading fail. Helping girls is fine.
    The issues are:
    1. typical japanese style harem
    2. typical japanese beta MC
    3. untypical mega white knight who is so concerned with his literal harem's purity that even when they ask him for sex he refuses. and merely fakes it. (the girl who propositioned him is actually in love with him too. unlike some of them who were kidnapped by his father; those obviously didn't proposition him)
    4. he is too much of a wuss to talk to the ridiculously doting father and convincing him to give them the benefits without having to fake sex

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    GloomUnderNight and BlackBlade like this.
  10. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    So if you don't like the answer, you call it a Reading Fail for real???

All the hate for the xbow fight and you don't remember that they are fighting inside a forest, he even talks over kiting the melees inside the bushes after he got shot (to avoid a clear hit), so at the start of the fight he diden't have a clear LoS to the enemies, like always the AI helps him to target (how often did the author talk that he could shot shit he diden't see thanks to the AI??), so it's really easy to get the logical conclusion that he diden't see the damn xbows or the guys using them...damn if a character says "...fuck they are using xxxx" you should get the clear idea that the character got surprised by that shit...

Now the assassin are you for real, that guy was super OP and trained, the superior agility meant shit after all the damage he got, so at the time with low stamina i have no trouble to believe in a slow reaction...but i imagine you don't like that fight like the xbow one...

Now to the girls, having more then one is JP harem now, i think chu feng and yun che would like to have a word with you (I know I know reading fail...) i know you were talking over his interaction with them, he did consider them to young at the start, so him not wanting to fuck them was no problem, if you have no issue with F underage girls tell me about it, no FBI agent will read this "Trust me", also if you did not skipp the latest chapters he did adapt to the medieval setting already ...now he diden't talk to his father because he did fear him at the start (for someone who hates reading fails you look to do it alot), so lying was the easy way to help the girls...

You hate this novel from the start and you still keep around to talk shit, so how could I not confuse you with a WMW Fangirl how you act ....damn even your defense over how superior WMW was at the start vs TWW... forgetting how childish and friends forever that travel to the school selection was....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Rule71 likes this.
  11. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Great novel the only minus is slow update :)

Xian Ni likes this.
  12. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't understand that schedule. Where did he take the "100 gold to finish one course"?

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I call it fail to read when you are making strawman that have nothing to do with what I actually said.
    They are charging on horseback, how exactly are they doing that in a forest? more like there are some sparse woods around them.
    Also, he has the AI cheat, ehnaced stats, and is perfectly sniping them. He should see them stopping their horse, pulling out an xbow from their saddlebags, knocking it, and firing it. your claims otherwise are a load of horse manure.
    Author probably forgot how much money he had. but to be fair 99% of all CN LN authors do that

GloomUnderNight and BlackBlade like this.
  14. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    The number to finish a course is 10 classes and 2 classes cost 20 gold, so 5 x 20 = 100 ;) ( at first i also thought the 10 was refering to all the courses)

Also mrttao i don't think the AI gives him info over the gear the targets use, so in my view he did never see the xbow's, we will have to disagree on this

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  15. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those prices are absolutely insane!
    20 gold from each student for each hour of class means that teacher earns more than 2 thousand gold per 8 hour work day - the amount royalty member had on him then he decided to escape the kingdom with his life!

Author should really rethink his ridiculous numbers.

Sosseres and BlackBlade like this.
  16. Arenal

Arenal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing i read this thread completely. When i read, the wizard world came first and might be the inspiration for WMW, i though "maybe it worth a read", but after reading the light spoilers for the beginning of the story, this sound like the 0815 remplate stuff, i really had enough of reading xD

Leylins has. but the magus world makes it pretty much useless.Because you can attain everything you can make with science and more, with magic and it´s even easier, so why bother? :p

You havent read it, how can you tell tgis one is better? this one sound awfully template and cliché xD And you heard wrong, because he never met that Guys parents and even without meeting them he actually made sure they are save on the 10 000 miles what ever far away backwater island. leylin is one of the few rational MCs that actually thinks his shit trough before he starts acting like a brainless goody two shoes. God how i started to dislike characters with not even an ounce of scepticism in them xD
    Don´t know why people think so bad of leylin, when he ultimately has waay better results than braindead shounen MCs xD
    And in comparison, leylin is in a world, were pretty much every magus is much worse than him and he actually chooses to have some moral code that dictates his actions.
    And compared to most wuxa/xianxia MCs he is actually a good person, when you think about how they kill everyone who dares to insult them xD

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  17. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    Leylin is a evil MC and there is nothing wrong with that, thats what makes that novel good....but to say he is a good guy is like saying Hitler was a good guy with a moral code....
    Also for some reason evry WMW reader forgot his behavior at the start, a good guy defending people etc. why do people think that the MC from TWW will also not change later, with this one being the plagiarized/inspiration for WMW....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  18. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They depend heavily on various rare plants and animals - but industrial farming is a much better source of them than scavenging.
    The one story that provides a decent answer to it is the Age of Adepts - they have some worlds of technological civilizations, but they are still inferior to the power of Adepts.

19. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    or maybe he will take 10 h of a course
    no matter how amazing the chip is
    he can't just say he knows everything in 1h

20. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author has never used numbers well in any chapter (thus far) of this story. If reading this story just skip the numbers, they will make the story worse.

mrttao likes this.