Discussion There's no such thing as perfect novel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Renzy, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    seems like u r mixing two different novels

2. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol wait yeah ahahaha what a joke.

3. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting until someone says Invisible Dragon

4. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    another one of these threads? seriously renzy?

the OP again gives an opinion and then generalizes it to be a fact supported by 'everyone'.

I don't know of people that hate an mmorpg novel just because it wasn't the first one. I know people who dislike the concept of stories based on games period. so they instead read other more mainstream genres.

as for kingdom building novels. again, it's a niche that has select audiences who actively look for it. kingdom building does not automatically mean guns, or science or technological upheaval. thats just regarding novels that have the setting in a certain time period or have future-based MC's sent to the past and then defy ALL rules of scientific progress to insist that modernization follows a swift industrial revolution.

as for the final question. does it matter if you know? they like those genre's for a personal reason that can vary greatly depending on who you ask. maybe it's for a story in a reality so greatly different to their own, maybe its because of all the mystical contents, or the action and adventure of a travelling fighter. you don't understand because you don't like it? so what?

as for your thread title, it's a very shortsighted answer you provide. ALL novels are scripted, no duh! The real reason there is no such thing as the "perfect novel" is because to be perfect you would have to write something that is equally appealing to all readers regardless of their own interests or beliefs. you would have to say that the story encompasss enough of everything and yet not too much so that no matter how picky the reader is regarding a particular concept, that they will enjoy it all the same as everyone else.

ToastedRossi, Kirikaize and Blitz like this.
  5. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    because you have eyes but cant see mt tai

Lonelycity and Kirikaize like this.
  6. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    that goes to show just how narrow-minded you are. yes there are many similar tropes and cliches to expect in each genre, the reason you can't read more is that you are too stuck in your opinion that "only the story I chose to read first is gold and the rest is just copycat shit".

many of those genre's you cannot find yourself reading actually differ quite a lot, the focus of each story also differs. some focus on reaching immortality, some family, lots on romance, maybe the focus is towards a particular craft, often the power systems are similar but some like to explore spiritual concepts and make unique and interesting power systems to drive their story.

Reading is just as much about the story as it is about self-discovery. through reading you constantly compare and contrast yourself against the characters, you refine who you are as a person and where you place in the world around you. the fact you cannot read more just goes to say you are afraid of finding your initial assumptions are different to the reality you live in.

Kirikaize likes this.
  7. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    You're wrong there.

Invisible Dragon is the epitome of Perfection, just the shitty kind. You can't really outdo it. Anything that comes after is an imitation.

8. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    really? the only thing I found closest to the perfect shitty story was Emporers Domination. something I know plenty of people will disagree with. those same people would be quicker to suggest Peerless Martial God as the epitome of trash, while I just consider it rather average.

I ultimatley have various favourites that are extremely different to each other and as such cannot find a single title I could agree as closest to perfection in a positive light xD

9. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    Any novel you recommend that's not worse than MW?

10. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its quite obvious as to why there are people who like to read these kinds of novels, because for 1) mythical China, 2) face slapping, 3) action scenes, 4) power systems, 5) characters (either generic or unique), 6) the theme, but mostly its the face slapping, struggle and aggressiveness shown in these kinds of novels. They teach you how to be violently poetic and some supernatural concepts which could be used in real life. Overall, its a release from restriction and if you want to know more about why, I recommend read that WuxiaWorld post about how CN changed a person's life for the better.

11. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Bec
    ause even i want to be an immortal. Become a billionaire, have everything at the palm of my hands.

12. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True martial world

13. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    look for yourself. any I suggest you will just find reason to criticize.

for example, True Martial World is quite different but essentially follows on from Martial World. the story is still exciting to read. Way of Choices/Ze Tian Ji, has a really cool cultivation system and focuses on an MC who is amazingly disadvantaged, yet a peerless genius who follows an unorthodox path in a very ironic plot that seems to want to deny him and his fiance from ever actually getting married.

Novels By I Eat Tomatoes are all really good and have different styles and focuss from each other. Stellar Transformations is a MC who should be unable to cultivate, who uses a form of spatial science as his path of cultivation. Coiling Dragon is a bit more mainstream with a more simplistic cultivation system and is heavily themed towards warriors and mages. While Swallowed Star (Devouring the Starry Skies) has a sci-fi setting that uses a theme of science and alien races.

14. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you remember the novel which he is talking about? I think ive read it but forgot the title.

15. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody taste is difference. I agreed.

My favorite is a bit complicated plot, non-beta mc, harem( if possible, harem MARRIED, not just lusty harem ), weak to strong mc (politically strong is also okay), male mc, tragedy, and... A bit more

If its H?
    pregnant, birth, tentacle, BDSM, torture, gore and more hardcore one
    Oops! My bad

Lonelycity likes this.
  16. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is super good! Whats more the last volume.....
    I can already feel the solitude....
    ... And it makes me shivering in fear...

17. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's it about?

18. Kirikaize

Kirikaize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    think its law of the devil

19. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no such thing as perfection.

20. Novela

Novela Immortal Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    What your stating is everyone should be the same ? And like the same things and make the same novels with the same theme and story ? Well that wouldn't be possible ! Lol