Discussion There's no such thing as perfect novel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Renzy, Sep 23, 2017.

1. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    strive for improvement not perfection.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    no offense meant, but I read the story in your banner when it was a web-novel format, and it was godawful in my opinion and it didn't have any potential to improve before you made it into an ebook for sale. I don't really think you can claim that making a perfect novel is just as hard as simply adding mecha.

when I made a post regarding people who BS an industrial revolution into a setting then try to modernize the world using futuristic science, I was thinking quite a bit about your felicia story.

again, don't mean to greatly offend, just figured this was an opportune and relevant moment to tell you of my opinion.

3. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isekai Shokudou is one example of a perfect novel :love::love::love: .

4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's fine. That's your opinion, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion. My reply was meant as a joke. I'm sure nobody would take that reply as anything serious.

However, I'm curious, if you didn't mean to offend, why choose to comment on a flawed novel in a thread that talks about a perfect novel? Despite what you said with 'no offense', anyone can only see this as an attempt at publicly taking me down. If you sincerely feel strongly about it, you can just mail me anytime. Of course, no offense.

5. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you translate it seeing that you have read the raws??

6. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    not so much an attempt to publically take you down, after all people who read your stuff and like it will just ignore my opinion on the matter. I just felt that examples are always clearest, and besides, I did remember making mention of the flaws back when it was just a web-novel but you went ahead with the ebook with said story. As for messages, due to rarely using the thing, I don't check or notice changes there, so it wouldn't be much of a conversation.

as for "flawed novel" in a thread on "perfect novels", it's not really a different topic since the assumption that a perfect novel can exist is flawed in itself. the only novels that will ever get mention in such a thread are flawed ones. it just depends on who you ask as to where the flaw lies.

You are not a bad writer, I just didn't agree with the lack of forethought and effort put into the technological aspect of your story and look forwards to seeing your growth as an author with your future pieces.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    My translators are not that good but I recruited a new translator. The novel in question is Forget Me Not , stories different from the usual NU fare.
    Another option is making subtitles of unique stories.
    I expect to be successful on at least one of these fronts

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Lonelycity likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Your comment is perfectly flawed :aww:

9. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
  11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There is such a thing as a perfect novel, it involves cats which purr fact... get it purr fact?

I say this before and I'll say this again, a lot of the craze for xianxia/xuanhuan novels stem from reading too much Beta JP stuff. At one point most chinese novels had ridiculously high scores because of it, but now the ratings have been on the decline (even outside of QI) as people get tired of Alphas who suffer from mental illnesses.

Though martial arts is a bit more general which makes it not much different than any other combat oriented novel.

You aren't the only one. I hate MMORPG novels despite liking game elements. I don't mind MMORPG if they are stuck there and its a death game or something but plain old MMORPG, meh.

12. Mr.Bush

Mr.Bush 《First President》《Time traveller》《Hidden Pervert 》

Reading List:
    Link
    comrades