Spoiler Thousand Face Demonic Concubine

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by elparis, Jul 5, 2017.

1. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like the spoiler for this new novel I found on NovelUpdates today.
    The link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/thousand-face-demonic-concubine/

I heard this novel is kind of like Princess Weiyang so I am interested in it. Also, I saw the devoted male lead and possessive characters tags on the novel.

So here is what I want to know:
    When the Ml & Mc meet?
    The interactions between ML & MC?
    How the ML act and his personality?
    ML & MC cute moments?

Or any spoilers relating to ML&MC.

Thanks you, :love:

2. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also interested in the novel. How does the story progress? Also, a little more information about the Mc would be great, what were her circumstances, how was she treated in the past and what does she do for revenge? I am still deciding whether to give it a go.

And just in general, for those who have read it, what makes it a good novel, like, what do you like about the novel?

elparis and alexfilia like this.
  3. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I read this novel half-asleep, I can't remember much @_@;; The storytelling is also a bit eclectic and jumps around, which added to my confusion. Anyway, here's what I remember: The ML and MC met when she went to study poison under a teacher, the ML is her senior martial brother. At first she meant to ask him to be her master, since she had knowledge of his medical prowess, but he refused and introduced her to his teacher instead. This is kinda mentioned as something that had happened in the past and the story doesn't really show us those moment. The story starts from a certain point (she meets her ex-fiancee and her sister's current fiance in that remote village), and everything that had happened prior to that is only referenced here and there. So, the MC is fairly proficient in poisons. The ML apparently started to like her while they were studying under his teacher together. He used to wear a mask then and she only remembers his purple eyes, which I guess he found a way to disguise. Anyway, she recognized him not too long after since she's a smart cookie.

She's not romantically interested in him, but she trusts him the most, especially considering that he's a man and she considers all men capable of lying and betraying their lovers. She was cold to him prior to finding out his identity, then she starts treating him like a brother. He's absolutely smitten with her, so he's happy to keep that bro position for now, while doing his best to get rid of any other men that show an interest in her. He's some bigshot prince if I remember correctly (prince as a rank, I don't think he's actually related to the emperor, but my memory is shit). They go on 'dates' every now and then, so he's present in the story. Honestly, I was reading another novel at the same time, so I might be mixing them together lol... They were kinda similar. I do remember that the sister, second wife (step mother) and related family were a lot more evil than I'm used to. The father is a piece of shit too. But the MC is badass enough to deal with them and trap them into her schemes, so it's satisfying to read.

A funny moment I remember: the MC is doing one of her counter-schemes. The step mom and sis were planning for the MC to lose her purity since she was starting to get popular around the capital and they were pissed. So for the sake of the scheme, the MC let herself get 'kidnapped' by the hired men that would place in the agreed courtyard. But then the men sent by the ML to protect her intervened, killed those other men and then moved the MC, but the hit some acupoint to make her sleep so she won't get scared/make a fuss about them. Thankfully, her plan was already in progress and the sis got set up with the shitty fiance and got witnessed by a whole crowd that was brought by the stepmom and yada yada, you know how it goes. But those guys nearly ruined her plan, since the MC had to show up at one point and throw some dirty water on the relatives before they made it out to be her fault. Good thing that MC has her own subordinates who are super strong (another thing that you don't get to know how it happened as it's from before the start of the story), and they released her acupoint and caught the ML's men. Since she knew who'd sent them, she didn't kill them, she just dressed the burliest one in female clothes and sent him back to the ML as a 'gift'. The guys were super embarrassed as they held the titles of the top 4 assassins in the country lol. The ML after that decided that the MC doesn't really need a 24 hour protection, especially since they would interfere with her plans.

It's a good novel in my opinion. Entertaining, not draggy.The MC is already OP, we don't get to see her progress into OP-ness. She has this long-term plan into ruining certain families and eventually putting another emperor on the throne and the ML helps. The prince she's decided to help falls for her but knows she's not interested in him, so he's not pushy. The other prince (ex husband) started getting interested in her by the time I stopped reading the novel. The reason I stopped it is not because it's boring, it's just very similar to other novels I've read, so I'm not that eager to finish it. I'll wait for the translation.

In any case, the ML is superb - he's not pushy, abusive, or rapey. He respects the MC. Their relationship is also very nice to look at. He was a bit desperate for her attention when she was still treating him coldly, so he might have been a bit pushy then. But after she knows his identity and starts treating him warmly, he calms down. At least that's what my faulty memory is saying.

4. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the MC get push around alot? How quickly does it take for her to get rid of her enemies?

5. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah, no one can push her around. They just scheme around her and she dishes out the revenge promptly after. She has her subordinates as well as a whole network of money and information. As soon as someone start scheming her, she already knows about it and plans the counter scheme. She's already in the middle of financially ruining the backing family of the stepmom, which would lead to her losing favor with the shit dad. She very quickly made sure that the stepmom won't get her position raised to legitimate wife, which means her stuck up sister won't be a di daughter, but just a shu born, which ruins their perfect plans of raising their social standing. The MC has both the emperor and the empress' backing due to an incident that she helped resolve (with the timely help of the ML, though she would've managed without him. He simply provided a quicker resolution). She very early in the chapters made the shit fiance fall for her (though he's too selfish to fall for a woman completely, his social position and benefits are always number one), so he turns cold toward the sister (his fiance after she ruined his original engagement with the MC and spread nasty rumors about her in the capital). The MC also swiftly takes care of the rumors by revealing the truth in a very smart way - basically pretending to be a small white rabbit that everyone bullies. Her looks are divine and much better than her sister, so as we well know in these novels, the one who looks better is more credible (*roll eyes*). The MC uses every advantage she gets and uses the sister's own methods against her. Very satisfying to see haha. So no worries, the MC doesn't just grit her teeth through 30 chapters of bullying till she dishes out the revenge. She always has an immediate counter and her brain works fast. Her long term revenge is concerned with the irreparable ruination of families and royalty. So that one takes some time. But she has it planned like in steps, and it's cool to see. I have a good impression of the author's IQ, so hopefully it doesn't suddenly get worse later... Up to the point I read, the tone was pretty consistent.

soysuva, Hae_UNa, nielyti and 9 others like this.
  6. Victuuri

Victuuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I love smart MC:love:(y)
    How many chapter this novel have?

7. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Close to 500. But the chapters are on the short side (<5000 characters), compared to the ones I'm used to reading (15000+ characters per chapter). So it might seem like a lot of chapters, but it's an adequate length for this sort of novel. It doesn't drag, but it doesn't rush the plot either.

soysuva, Hae_UNa, nielyti and 4 others like this.
  8. snowgem6

snowgem6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds like my kind of novel!!! :X3:

What is the male lead's name? What chapter does he first appear?

soysuva likes this.
  9. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Somebody else has got to answer this, since those details are already gone from my head. The ML appears fairly early on tho. I don't think there was a long wait. MC 'saved' shit fiance from an 'assassin attack' (all set up by her), then the same night, ML enters her room and leaves her some salve for the wound. He presses her acupoint before she can take a good look at him tho. She does realize it was him later on. Also, he just happened to go through the same village/town where she was at. When you read about some mysterious person finding the ground bone dust she leaves behind, that's him. I think he realizes she's around based on that hint (cause he's familiar with her practices). But it's all very hazy in my head...

soysuva, Hae_UNa, nielyti and 3 others like this.
  10. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    wait, u mean ml & mc meet each other before we even read it or know about it? explain? so are we starting in the middle of her journey?

11. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    A bunch of stuff happens before chapter 1. She gets reborn (I think) and starts planning her revenge. I think she got reborn at age 10-11 or so (when she tried to 'seduce' her fiance, go figure). Then her shit dad got her exiled to that village as punishment and no one expects her to ever return. During that time she meets the ML, whom she already knew about and knew where she had to wait in order to meet him. She studies poisons, gets subordinates, develops a business and so on. And then chapter 1 starts at the point where she is 14 (I think) in that village, waiting for the ex fiance to show up in order to use him and go back to her family and start her revenge. The whole backstory is a bit... I decided to overlook the weaknesses since the plot is enjoyable enough.

12. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess that is better than reading through a bunch of chapters of the mc leveling up and filler chapters. well thanks for the explanation, do u remember some lovely dovey moments between them?

soysuva and nielyti like this.
  13. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the story started off a bit abruptly. I mean she gets reborn, but they don't explain how she's the boss lady of some place among other things. Nice to know there was some other parts to it.

nielyti, Tsukiyo and wafflebeauty like this.
  14. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I paused my reading before she developed romantic interest in him. So they have many moments where they are together and he tries hard to get her to notice him, but she's no reaction at all, or treats him like a brother later. Basically, he shows up when she's in danger. She can save herself and doesn't really need help, but he wants to feel useful I guess. So far, he's helping her along with her revenge so he would gain some brownie points with her while making sure no other men would approach her.

soysuva and nielyti like this.
  15. snowgem6

snowgem6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying to read the raws, but I am unable to understand what happens to MC's mother...
    It says that her mother died, but then she is alive and is the wife (or concubine?) of MC's step mother's brother... I'm so confused... What happened to her?

16. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed some plot brewing there lol, but I wasn't bothered enough to investigate. Based on my reading experience, I'd guess she lost her memory and got schemed. Who knows. If it's anything other than that, then I'll hate her as a character. Abandoning your kid is a huge NO for me. I guess I skipped over a lot, but I wasn't left with the impression that she was that guy's concubine? I thought it was a different woman... My memory really isn't reliable though. Someone should really come and give better spoilers lol.

nielyti and therandomcookie like this.
  17. Aguni_Erina

Aguni_Erina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm in the middle of reading this part.. i interpreted the mtl that the step mom poisoned the the FL's mom with one of the 3 most vicious venom in the world.. and FL uses her blood to try to detoxify it.. and take the poison in to her own body (?) then she fainted and the senior brother/possible ML tries to leesen the effect of the poison.. but i'm still unclear whether Fl's mom woke up or not.. beside i'm more interested on her ongoing revenge towards her shitty past life husband...

18. Luyan

Luyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo, have mc any admirers? If yes who and how they meet? Interactions? And MC is like weiyang? kinda viciously?

19. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    There are admirers but the ML is quick to get rid of them. I think the last contender would be ex hubby, since she'll probably do something to lead him on for the sake of her revenge. The MC is not vicious to my standards, but I might be desensitized. She only acts for revenge, but doesn't involve innocents. She also returns a punishment proportional to the transgression. However, she's cold-blooded. As long as the situation calls for it, she can be cruel. I haven't read enough to say how cruel she gets, but the worst thing she did was right at the beginning - ex fiance's di brother was seen dumping a girl he was playing around with and causing her to abort and die. So the MC drained his blood, peeled his skin and carved his bones into a sculpture that she later gifted to ex fiance. Lmao, it was so morbid I was impressed. But after that, her revenge seems pretty tame in comparison. Again, I stopped before the 100 chapter mark, so I don't know whether she gets crueler later.

20. Aguni_Erina

Aguni_Erina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm fond with vengeful vicious MC's.. it satisfied my inner beast when they take their revenge in a gory manner.. but yeah.. i haven't seen anymore gory revenge from mc anymore.. i was hoping that MC will kill her stepmom i a gory manner as well but i haven't reached that part yet..

soysuva, nielyti and therandomcookie like this.