Question Toaru Majutsu no Index LN worth the buy?!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by swordman009, Dec 31, 2016.

1. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    Question for all you who love Toaru Majutsu no index lovers! For those who bought the LN and read the novels! How is it compared to the anime? Is it worth the buy? What details did the anime missed barnes and nobles has this manga mania buy 2 get one free sale going on for mangas (includes novels) and whats your thoughts in general about this series thanks! (P.S can someone tell me if there is any romance in this novel thanks!)

2. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. if any novel is worth it, it is that novel.

marine1corps and Rreelentless like this.
  3. Stealth

Stealth Elegant Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    if you first time know index from anime, then i guess you dont want to read the LN from start.
    buy just for support the author
    even if you read it, totally worth your money

4. Yukino

Yukino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like most LN, there will be a lot more detail compare to anime. I read it before it got license by yen press so I didn't buy the book . You should still be able to find ebook or pdf version around the internet though. And for romance, doesn't seems like there's much progress. Touma still go around using his gender equality punch to find more girl but no romance from his side. Damn, I want OTP ship sail toward the sky.

5. swordman009

swordman009 Destroyer

Reading List:
    Link
    Give me some personal thoughts why you think so!

6. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay the main reason I would buy the light novels is because they go more into detail about the motives of both the antagonists and protagonists. I feel more connected with each character because I understand why they are doing the things they are doing. I feel like the anime doesn't do it well enough.

Other things to note is that they skipped a few scenes that involve the background characters that makes the novels more enjoyable. I wouldn't take my word for it since its been such a long time since I have read the novels pre-New-Testament series.