Discussion Tower of God

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Deleted member 41274, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Rating 1 to 6, 1 being best 6 being worst. 1 = you loved it most!

1. 0 = Never heard of it, but should consider reading it.

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 1

31 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. 2

26 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. 3

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. 4

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. 5

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. 6

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. UselessWastrel

UselessWastrel Procrastinating Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah Rachel, ever since the start she was a classic B, A twisted mother-like figure to Bam, best grill will always be Hwaryun.

2. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    And with Hwaryun you mean the dancer of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor?

3. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    twice XD

4. NewbornWarrior7

NewbornWarrior7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked it but Rachel killed it for me considering how she's literally useless, has no actual ability other than being carried by her teammates who are somehow fine with her doing nothing the majority of the time. I'm fine with her whole selfish thing but if she is going to be like an antagonist or main part of the webcomic, I at least want it to be portrayed somewhat better because from what we can see from the various chapters, the people climbing the towers don't really care about one another and its a scene where the strong are respected and feared but Rachel is just like a piece of gum stuck on other people's shoes that for some reason gets carried and everyone is fine with that.

5. Raine

Raine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i used to read it back in 2010-2012 when it was popular but now its just crap

6. OneNameHero

OneNameHero [The Unchosen One]

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished season 1 and stopped because that plot bullshit with Rachel is seriously fucking stupid. It would have been better to kill her off before that stupid shit. It ruined it. Now he's a 2edgy4u emo fuckboi

7. UselessWastrel

Reading List:
    Link
    thing is ToG chapters have 100 of pages on average excluding the white filler, a chapter should have 45-50 worth of dialogue and art, and when it's a 300+ chapter read I like to re-read to refresh the joy of meeting new characters, I do this most of the time, which explains my limited reading list and procrastination lol.

8. UselessWastrel

Reading List:
    Link
    apologies for double posts, laggy internet, Isn't Hwaryun also the name of the redhead guide?

9. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    She is quite special, a weak character who gets far because of she tries hard, she doesn't have the talent, but the iron will!
    been already 5-7 years... wtf
    she is needed for the plot and bam, like plot needs bam and batman needs batman
    came back after drinking some water, because I was so thirsty LOL. Procrastination mayn't be necessarily bad

10. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Sec, gotta google it.
    Wow, been a while, you are correct. She is cool red-headed Hwa Ryun, one of the princesses...
    [​IMG]

11. OneNameHero

Reading List:
    Link
    If she's needed for the plot then the plot is fucking stupid.

12. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't argue about that. Maybe there is more to it in the end. How far did you read?

13. OneNameHero

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because you can have a person who suddenly betrays and it shocks people doesn't mean you should do it. You have to drop hints for that shit. You can't just have it out of nowhere it's shitty writing.

14. OneNameHero

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember I think I already posted it.

15. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    I could argue that not everybody is talented like BAM.

She is not gifted, but comes far nonetheless and that is the crux of our situation.

A person who has bad genes? or destiny? but can carve it on her own much like @Meng Hao makes his own destiny, too
    And with on her own I don't mean actually on her own, but she doesn't give up and seizes her chances!

16. Em_Rez

Em_Rez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah idk. The beginning of the viole stuff wasn't bad, I give it a 3. Later on, the train arc is pretty much unbearable, I give it a 4. I loved the beginning because it was so clever, the world was amazing, and Koon was so freaking clever is every fight in outsmarting his opponents and being able to crush the tests with his wits. Rak was also great. Each character had a dynamic and interesting backstory that revealed a lot about their character. Literally each side character was important, and by the end, I ended up caring about all of them (except for that pickle guy). Bam being a naive boy who didn't understand anything thrust into this cruel and complicated world and how his naivety/innocence and also determination drew people to him was really interesting. The twist at the end of the first season was amazing as well.

Later on, the story got bogged down by way too many new characters with unexplained backstories and it lost that spark that made it so good. The tower tests get overly complicated as well and the characters start to seem a bit contrived. Rachel is fucking infuriating but not in a good way anymore.The modern setting is also emphasized much more, which I didn't like. I feel that the story would work much better in a historical setting with phones and all that.

17. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mention main character's character, he was really nice and I loved this trio's friendship

18. UselessWastrel

Reading List:
    Link
    it's bad, if it isn't, it's not good either, also People hate Rachel too much for the wrong reasons, I hate her for she does a decent job being an antagonist, which means hate=respect, people often hate her for not sucking up to Bam, seriously think about it Rachel is the embodiment of every person who had a dream only to get that dream crushed in front of her eyes, like most of us going through adulthood, the only difference is that she perseveres through to make her dreams true even through a lot of sacrifice, that's why she's an antagonist, and my role model in life (somewhat)

19. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    That is why I respect her as well, for that very reason... well said and thanks for further explaining this important point about Rachel.

20. OneNameHero

Reading List:
    Link
    Rak is the cutest tho. [​IMG]