Question Translation to Spanish

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by sergioGM, Sep 23, 2017.

?

Would you donate?

1. Yes.

33.3%
  2. No.

66.7%
  1. sergioGM

sergioGM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!

Well, I am from Spain and my reading comprehension in English is pretty good, but I lack in the part of writing, so sorry for the mistakes :DD

I read novels in English since a few years ago because of release speed and quality of the translations in Spanish (although there are a few whose deserve all of my respect).

I have two questions:
    1. How many people are there that have the same issues that me?
    2. If someone (for example "me" ^^) translate novels from English to Spanish, would you donate to speed up the release speed?
    I say this because there are translations of novels in English that have an amazing release speed due to donations.

Well, if you say that I said all of this for money, you partially have reason.

PARTIALLY!!!!!

By the way, I am talking about 5-10€ a chapter to 3-4 chapters for day :))

I can hardly wait for your answer! ( lie, i am reading a novel in RR so no problem! :p )

ninish likes this.
  2. Asestado

Asestado Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You ask in an english forum about if they would donate to a spanish translation, this just feels a bit... wrong to say the least.

You would need to find a spanish forum like this one and ask there, it would make more sense.

Asf, Hattorisan and Hotato like this.
  3. sergioGM

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately there are no such forum in Spanish :(
    I am asking for the people that like me talk in Spanish but read novels through NU.

4. xKingKazma

xKingKazma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from Spain too. Like any people who learned English, I would rather wait and let the translation be at their own pace than donate to someone who is unprofessional on doing the translation. I know it sounds rude but trust me, many people would rather use MTL and be a bastard leecher than donating money to someone who's not worth it. Unless they're rich ofc. So I voted NO. But yeah, if you want fast money, do translation project and get patreon account to milk rich reader. Other known translator started on nothing and made their name first before putting a donation button.

LONG LIVE LEECHER SQUAD!

5. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    But if they already read it in English, what's the point of supporting the Spanish translation? :hmm:

6. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no. Because they're asking people who speak spanish but lurk over here because of the same reasons as he does.

Such as me.

I also think that asking in some Spanish forums would be helpful though. In my case, I'm broke and don't have a card to donate euros or dollars with, since my card can only use Chilean pesos :'c I am so used to read Asian novels in English that I usually read them in English, even manga (because the english translations usually come out faster). But I guess other people who are not as used to reading in English would be interested? Also, for a donation for a novel I am hung up in, I think I'd pay if I could... I'd see it as buying a book. Since I would pay up to $20.000 (around 27 euros) for a book I want, I guess I would pay the same amount for some chapters of a decent length.

But that's me, and I'm broke :'c

(Why are books so expensive over here. (ಥ_ಥ) )

7. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
  8. ninish

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, maybe you'd consider making a new website and translate several novels, and gain money through adds? You can make publicity for your site in anime forums, since most people who fall into this side of the internet come here through anime and manga. There's a novel site that's translating several novels to Spanish already (if you don't count baka-tsuki), and it seems to me that that's what they're doing, gaining through adds. (If they're winning something a all).

http://excalibur-es.com

They're even translating dragon life! :'D

9. maxordos

maxordos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh i have a fellow countryman here, the reason the books are so expensive in Chile is the IVA... you can thank Pinochet for that...

10. ninish

Reading List:
    Link
    (╥_╥) of course. Stupid tax to culture. Quiero comprar los libros de juego de tronos, pero como que no tengo tantas ganas de gastarme 100 lucas en estos momentos. (ಥ_ಥ) o me pago el internet o me pago los libros... (>_<。)

11. sergioGM

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha the best is read in English if you can, of course. But there are people with pretty bad english and dislike MTL (I know a few), who like speed.
    Well, i do not wait many positive answers so it is OK!

12. sergioGM

Reading List:
    Link
    Os entiendo perfectamente respecto a lo de comprar libros. Leo mucho y sinceramente, si fuera a comprar libros para compensar la velocidad a la que leo, no tendría dinero suficiente xD

ninish likes this.
  13. sergioGM

Reading List:
    Link
    Lo he pensado, pero sinceramente no me parece muy confiable el tema de adds :/
    Excalibur lo considero bastante bueno, no sé si será en todas sus novelas, pero yo conocí la página por Kumo y después de eso he leído algunas de sus traducciones y siempre me han parecido de gran calidad :)

PD: Dragon Life lo tengo en la lista de espera desde hace tiempo, ¿debería darle una oportunidad? ¿Qué tal la velocidad con que liberan capítulos?

14. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo había descargado los pdf ja.
    Yo ya me acostumbre a leer en inglés y no leería una traducción en español...
    Lo intente con tate no yuusha y era horrible .... casi tan desastroso como mi inglés.
    De hecho traducir del inglés una novela que es oriental es casi jugar al teléfono descompuesto.

15. xKingKazma

xKingKazma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do read in English most of the time, just like you, coz the translation is much faster than any language. That's is why I lurk here in NU. I read them in english so that I can practice my reading comprehension while reading the raw into MTL to practice my grammar correction (bad grammar to understandable). Other language than english have small fanbase but yeah, there are still some fanbase to get. But If I were you, I would make a name first before asking about donations. It puts people disappointed hearing it on someone without a name. If you know CKTalon, he makes a name first as a Lightning fast translator before his fanbased urged him to put his donation button. Like translate 10 for free then donations on 4 for a week (total of 14 a week, 2 chapters a day). Oh how I missed those days on TMW. (FU QI for robbing us CKTalon)

Anyway, first, find a novel with large fanbase, look if someone translating it, if none, make a good reputation until you get your own fanbased and put a ninja Donation button and translate like normal with limit and after you reach limit, that's where the donations will kick in per week. like you said, 1 chapter = 5-10€. Not like what you are asking, we translate when you donate style. It's a No-No for me at least. Just saying my 2cents.

Hope we're cool bro, somos una familia. <3

sergioGM likes this.
  16. sergioGM

Reading List:
    Link
    Hace un tiempo hice algo parecido, empecé a traducir para conseguir lectores y pusé el botón de donaciones para quien quisiese, pero a las dos semanas o así encontré trabajo. Al no tener tiempo libre y no recibir ninguna donación ni ayuda con adds (de los que haces click) decidí dejarlo.

17. ninish

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh... No sé, porque yo la estoy leyendo en inglés *cofcoflaestoytraduciendodeljaponésasiquelavelocidaddeloscapisdependedemilentitudcofcof*

Pero es buena! A la mitad se vuelve un poco más shoujo si, así que si no te interesa el shoujo quizá no te guste :0

18. sergioGM

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh me acabo de dar cuenta de que tú eres quien traduce la novela de jap-esp.
    Sinceramente no tengo ningún problema con el shoujo, así que no problem.
    He visto que hace 3 semanas que no subes capítulos, me imagino que traducción jap-esp tiene que ser difícil.
    Voy a empezar con la novela despúes :)

19. ninish

Reading List:
    Link
    Jap-eng :3 les dejé la traducción a español a ellos :0 me sale más cómodo no hacer dos traducciones x3 estoy pegada en una frase, así que por eso no he avanzado con el capi 52 :'(

ojalá te guste la serie!

Ah :'( mal. Entonces depende, he visto que algunas novelas reciben donaciones sólo cuando la gente ya está adicta, y hay +100 capis traducidos, y el sitio en que están recibe muchas visitas. Si tienes tiempo podrías traducir unos 50 capis de una serie popular, liberar uno por día, y ocupar el tiempo en publicitar en otros sitios, y ver si eso funciona... Aunque es sólo es uba sugerencia.

sergioGM likes this.