Novel Destiny Upheaval : Martial World

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by hatoyin97, May 23, 2017.

1. hatoyin97

hatoyin97 «Frigid Heart Petrification Manual»

Reading List:
    Link
    Hato Yin here, my first and experimental novel.

Name of Novel: Destiny Upheaval
    Genre : Cultivation, Martial Arts, Fantasy, Adventure
    Tag : Slow Pace, cold MC, Male MC, a bit of realism.
    Frequency : at least 2 chapter a week
    I claim ownership for the cultivation system used in this novel.
    Synopsis : A person from earth reincarnated into a child of another reality,
    one day he saw his 'future'. This is a journey where our MC
    struggle against destiny and hardships but of course with future
    knowledge cheat but with as little plot armor as possible :D.

Table Of Contends
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3 (Unedited)
    Chapter 4 : The Path He Chose (Unedited)
    Chapter 5 : A Step Closer (Unedited)
    Chapter 6 : Martial Artist (15%)
    Chapter 7 :
    Chapter 8 :
    Chapter 9 :
    Chapter 10 :
    Chapter 11:
    Chapter 12 :
    Chapter 13 :
    Chapter 14 :
    Chapter 15 :

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. killerjr1000

killerjr1000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting are you going to give preview?

3. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter One (Edited)

In a sparse forest a village called Flowing Grass,
    houses built of mud, straw and wood surrounded a taller two story house made of wood.
    Sparse bamboo fences dotted the village's surroundings signifying it's lack of wealth.
    While the villagers were clothed in tattered rags and wore dull eyes, an 8-year old child stood out with bright, black eyes and silk garbs. As he strolled around the village, a look of curiosity filled his eyes. However, one could also see a faint trace of disdain hidden beneath his actions.
    His little legs brought him out of the village into the desolate mountain range in hopes of finding treasure,
    as he had heard stories how young heroes would become immortals, monarchs and emperors with a stroke of luck.
    Despite his age he was not as naïve as to believe wishes were sufficient by themselves without risk and effort to chance upon a way that would allow him to enter a 'sect'.
    Under the scorching sun sweat dripped from his forehead upon the rocky path while his eyes roamed upon every rocky path in the valley.
    Suddenly, a rustling noise came from a dry bush.
    His alert eyes stare as a wild rat came out of it mouth clutching a small lizard.
    With a relief in his pounding heart he scolded himself for being such a coward, frightened by a mere rodent hunting four its meal.
    As his stiff legs relaxed as he considered returning to his second story home he misplaced his footing out of ignorance and slipped,
    tumbling down from the stony path into a near by dense dry bush.
    Instead of coming to a halt he fell into a hidden hole as he rolled down the slanted terrain further and further underground.
    Pain filled his aching and bruised body as he bit his lower lips sternly to control the tears welling in his eyes.

Ignoring his dirtied clothes,bruises and pained joints he surveyed the surrounding with alert eyes.
    He knew such large holes were the dwelling places of man-swallowing snakes and where encountering dangerous wild animals was a definite possibility .
    However all that greeted him was a dusty natural cave with faint light rays coming from above illuminating his surroundings.
    As he squinted his eyes he noticed the borders of the cave wall seemed unusual,
    as the natural formation of the rest of the cave did not match the patterns with that particular cave wall.
    It was as if an earthen wall was raised to hid something.
    Anticipation filled his heart as he gathered his courage and approached and gave it a knock.
    The dusty earth crumbled a bit and with excitement he picked up a nearby rock to start destroying the wall.
    Dut Dut Dut.
    After approximately 20 rapid strikes a small hole was opened, as he wiped the sweat from his brow with his sleeves
    his eyes squinted as he attempted to peer into other side of the wall amid the gloom and dust.
    He was shocked to discover a skeleton wearing a decaying green robes with several wooden stakes nailed into its body.
    One in its forehead, one in its chest and two penetrating the shoulder joints. There were strange symbols inscribed on these wooden stakes.
    The most unsettling thing he noticed was that the wooden stake on the forehead was merged in it, make his heart cold.
    Gritting his teeth he ignored the cold sweat on his back as he searched for other items of interest on the skeleton.
    Noticing that the skeleton's bony left hand was clutching a strange object he picked up a few tiny stones and threw at the skeleton to see if was 'alive'. He had heard rumors of supernatural beings and especially the existence of sect had made him weary of bad fortune falling on him. Noticing there was no response he squeezed with haste through the hole and pried open the skeleton's hand to inspect the object.
    Kache Kache......
    The bones crumble with a bit of effort,
    anticipation filled his heart as he pick up the strange object
    It was a round thumb-size object with what looked like many 'strings attached to a crude little brown stone forming a spherical shape.
    As he was inspecting the object his eyes grew gloomy and he became dazed.
    His bright black eyes became empty as he was holding the object and then a pulse of weak light came from the brown stone.
    The seemly lifeless strings started wriggling !
    Slowly they started to drill into the brown stone as it shivered as if in pain before slowly turning black and crumbling into dust.
    Edited by Ronishamay | Kursys

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Deleted member 41274 and Morvian like this.
  4. Arcares

Arcares Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol sorry, but the line "I claim ownership of the cultivation system" made me chuckle. You can't.
    PS. You might want to spend a lil more time on checking your grammar.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  5. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    more like prologue.. but good start!!

6. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    I know my grammar is really bad that's why is a trial before I invest in it :p.
    And that claim is just a bit childish of me.

7. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also writing my own story, but I'm such a procrastinator I haven't gotten past 1st chapter lol.

8. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey my man I procrastinated about for 1 whole year before I decide to post :D

9. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    That's about how long it took me to write the first chapter..... add maybe 2/3months...... it's already been awhile since I finished that chapter and I still only have 1 sentence for chapter 2. If someone looked at my idea page I think they'd look at me with dead fish eyes and wonder how I wrote so little when my idea page has so much stuff on it lol.

10. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 (Edited)
    Dark and colorful clouds loom around a mysterious pentagon-shaped structure.
    Resembling something like ancient ruins, traces of lightning can be discerned as the clouds pulse with flashes.
    While emitting a chilling and dominating aura, the space around the structure began to tremble as it slowly started to descend from the heaven amidst the clouds.
    Initially appearing formidable, cracks could soon be seen snaking their way around it's form.
    Debris started falling forming its frames, as they instantly transformed in mists as the ruined pentagon attempted to repair itself in vain.
    A harrowing howl makes its way out as the fissures begin to creeps up to the center of the archaic structure.
    Suddenly, a hoarse voice could be heard, questioning itself; "Is this the Gate of Immortality? Or rather, the Gate of Destiny?"
    Appearing to be a middle aged man garbed in tattered robes, the man calmly used an unknown force to levitate beneath the gate.
    However, a closer inspection would reveal his shocking state!
    Rough chunks of flesh and bone missing from his head, severely maimed chest, and charred skin betrayed his relaxed demeanor!
    Although his eyes should have been burnt beyond function, he stared intently upward as if disdaining the Heaven itself!
    Without warning, a deep hum began to reverberate from his body as a litany of ancient symbols and letters emerged and encompassed his entire being.
    Resolving himself, his face took on a serious expression followed by a profound string of unintelligible chanting.
    Rumble~
    The pentagon now began to deteriorate quicker than before!
    The symbols that were previously surrounding him were now converging on his left hand, which looked withered and taut but surprisingly unharmed.
    In the grip of his hand was what appeared to be an orb composed of a deep, crimson substance.
    A voice is soon heard, however not from the man, but from the object he holds in his hand!
    "Free me at once, demon! You will not take my destiny, my immortality!" it protested, fighting against the confinements set on itself.
    While the voice grew increasingly angry, so too did its horror and desperation.
    Not paying it any mind, the wounded man brought his concentration to the highest level as the last of the letters merged with the orb.
    Anguish, pain, humiliation! The disembodied prisoner in his hand could withstand it no longer and increased it's efforts to escape.
    Crrckkr~
    The gate-like structure finally gave way to the stress and began to topple!
    As if sensing the danger about to befall on it self it started retreating making the clouds to disperse.
    A black vortex formed behind it and grey chain attached onto the shattered framed become visible!
    The black vortex started enlarging as winds was sucked into it filling up the endless abyss that could be perceived! More grey chain started to appeared! One by one it latch on to the gate-like structure as if trying to retrieve it as soon as possible!
    "Bind!"
    The middle age man roared loudly as a golden symbol appeared on the brow of the face!
    A golden chain immediately formed connecting from the brow of the face and the center of the shattering structure! Halting its movement!

A grieve tone came from the depths of the middle age man's mouth
    "I once long for, I beg! Just to be blessed by you! Become chosen by you! To become a child of destiny!"
    "yet! despite ignoring my pleas, you used me to become a whetstone for other children of destiny! How many crisis that I face that are formed by you! Just for some brats to gain benefits from my efforts!"
    The half face of the man's become twisted in hatred as he howled!
    "Blood of the chosen one! Burn in flame of mortal! Sea of resentment! Heaven's rupture!"
    The crimson ball lit up in white flame, letting out a soul stirring cries!
    "Hahahaha! I might not be able to wound you but i can sever you from this Heaven!"
    The burnt eye remaining in the man's half face started to restore!
    White back ground and grey pupil stared fiercely as if etching the sight into his own soul as he spoke the last incarnation.
    "#@%#@*!! *%$#@%*#!!!! @&#*@#$#!!!! #@#!!! ##@#%@#!!!"
    With a final roar he clenched his left hand dispersing the crimson ball!
    The dispersed crimson ball started to revolved and formed into a blurry grey blade!
    Black smoke was emitting from it!
    Without hesitation it rushes towards the structure at a terrifying speed!!
    The black vortex as if detecting danger started to closes itself! As if encountering a greater danger that made it abandons the crumbling structure as all the grey chains snapped! It was doing all it could to close the vortex!
    But it was too late!
    Piercing the remaining pentagon structure which instantly crumble to dust!
    Coming in contact with the vortex, instead of piercing the vortex the blade shattered!
    But! the black smoke emitting from the shattered blade was sucked into the vortex despite the fierce wind blowing out from the vortex as if to prevent it!
    RUMBLE!!!!!
    The vortex started to expend and retract at rapid speed creating spacial tears around it and howling roar echoed through out the Heaven expressing its pain!
    Slowly white cracks started appearing all over it and finally it shattered!
    As the middle age man witnessed it a faint smile was formed from his remaining lips as the grey eye become blank and the last breath was taken....

Edited by Kursy
    Hey! I contributed too OK?

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  11. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 (Unedited)

Gentle moonlight laying onto the earthly surfaces, giving faint lights to guide for the lost ones. But in a certain cave, inside a room created by an earth wall, total darkness loomed onto the 2 figures, a skeleton laying against the cave wall and a child laying face down on the dusty floor.

Dizziness struck him, as he struggle to sit in a cross legged posture, bring his tiny hands together, fingers touching corresponding tips while the wrist face upwards. It was just a posture that would allow him to organised his messed up memmories. Ignoring the metalic taste from his lips, calm slow breathing echo out inside the cave.
    As the sun slowly climb upwards the sunrays piercing the dried bushes slowly illuminating the cave, soft eye lits trembled before they slowly open. What was once bright black pupils, inpalce was 2 dull black pupils like an endless abyss that would suck ones soul away if looked too long.

A faint smile slowy creep up on his face as soft chuckle escape his mouth.
    "It is not that I returned to pass, more like as if i experienced my future!"
    He had thought his end would come after severing the destiny from this Heaven but instead his future memoires are implanted into his soul!
    Eyes scaning the surronding as his small eye brows slowly scrouch up but his face become relax and slowly shook his head when he spoted black dust infront of him.
    "I am too greedy! But! This is already a great fortune! I have no idea who created such incomprehensible artifact neither does I know its origin but such nature to allow one to experience the future, surely it's origin is not simple!"
    "But it is not without a cost!" He thought as he could feel his head cloudy as he process his memories.
    It is a sign of soul injury!
    But he was not depressed as his gain was too valueble to be even measured!
    His face, full of joy slowly became ice cold as he look at the skeleton infront of him.
    Picking up a solid stone in his vicinity, he started pounding the wooden stake in the skeleton's chest!
    DUT! DUT! Kache......
    The sound was as if a stone was shattered!
    Kache.... Kache DUT!DUT!
    As if not noticing the sound he kept pounding!
    Kachhhheeee...... As the final sound echoed in the cave.
    Seeting!
    White mist started floating out from the skeleton's chest!
    The white mist slowly formed a screaming face!
    Before it could make any movement, a stone was thrown at it!
    As the stone passes through the mist the face dispersed and the skeleton and wooden stakes slowly crumbled into dust...
    Durt! a hevy object was fallen out of the robe, it was a black jade in a rectengular shape plate with a finger size thick and adult's palm size. There were straege words and pattern littered on the surface while on an exceptionally smooth surface there is an oval shape etched on it with a darker shade.
    Veins trobe along his forehed he tried to recalled the memories regarding this item.
    It is an interspacial storage item called Fairy Embrace. It's special features is to preserve herbs and organic materials in its original stage as long as possible and have a capacity 5 cubic meters. It is one of the treasures that was once found in an acient ruins, there are less than a hundered in this whole world. Of course the limitations are that items have to be smaller than the oval shape size but one can seperate the space into nodes allowing a person the store items seperately make it an invalue treasure!
    As he was inspecting it he unconsciously remembered the past event.....
    Rather it was his future 'self', he was a reincarnated person from earth and a novel addict too.
    When 'he' found this area he had done the same thing except there was no strange ball present.
    'He' had tried searching for treasure on the skeleton when he noticed there was a grey heart with cracks all over it at the end of the stake in the chest. Being as foolish as 'he' was, thinking 'he' could gain inheritence if 'he' were to free the heart from the seal(stake), 'he' pulled out the stake from the chest. Contrary to being rewarded for his action, a red beam was shot out from the grey heart landing squarly between his brow!
    It was an attempt of possesing his body!
    It was obvious that the possessor was extremly weaken and have very slight chance of sucess, but 'his' chance of death was almost 100%!
    The reason 'he' survived with a wounded soul along with the spiritual root of the possessor. It was due to the fetus soul that was residing in him! When he reincarnated he had taken over the infant body while its' newly born soul was put into deep sleep. But it is a very rare occurance! And a neutral fetus soul he possesed is one of a kind and there might not even one exist under this heaven!
    It was the first mistake and the first time destiny had put upon crisis on him!
    An obvious chance for the cultivator to have another chance at life!
    But instead 'he' was the person who gain however at the price of the fetus soul!
    Of course 'he' is not aware of the fetus soul but possesing the spiritual root had allowed him to enter a sect. During that time 'he' traded the spiritual weapon he looted from the skeleton to become a desciple of an elder. Without knowing the value of the weapon, 'he' was obviously scammed by just being given an ordanary treatment just a bit better from the normal disciples with extra protection.
    After that 'he' traded the Fairy Embrace to trade for a pill for breaking through his halted cultivation with another desciple.
    That desciple had later become a hero amoungst his generation! It was the second time destiny had used him!

Recalling the bitter memory makes his teeth clench!
    Feeling through the tattered green robes he pulled out piece of metal, strange flowerly pattern runs along its 3 pointed blade with a wooden material in the center.
    Holding it in his both tiny hands due to it being at the size slighly bigger than an adult palms size, faint humming could be felt through his palm signifying the value of the spiritual weapon!
    With a solem face looking at the weapon, he knew the future will be very different and destiny will no longer be able to use him as some whestone, no he will use the destiny and the destined children as his stepping stone!
    His reign! His battle against the destiny begins now!

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  12. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job, author. When I read the description of this novel I thought about tales of demons and gods, where nie li knows the future too like the protagonist in this story. I found this idea interesting and the way you wrote it was cool. Thanks

13. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Well ummm just so you know that Nie Li's memories travel to the past due to the mysterious book just checking coz i read it like 1 years ago

14. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah your mc looked into the future, it's different haha

15. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep :D I just have problem with time travel. Because time is actually just a measurement not an existence...

16. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, but you could really combine all of these (or at least 1-2) into 1 chapter. While Short Chapters like this do have a fan base, most readers get annoyed at them.

17. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter will slowly get lengthen as I write and have more experience especially from reviews, plus is a trial so I wont invest a lot of my time, only if the reader base satisfy me then I will start investing. Plus if will only write the first arc if there is not enough reader base for me.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  18. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4
    Waiting for the chapter 3 edited version.........

19. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Notes: Life is unpredictable, from morning breeze to a stormy wind. Trapped in the storm, only time could solve.
    There will be constant updates daily until chapter 15.

Chapter 4 : The Path He Chose

Morning sun breath life onto the world as the darkness was slowly brighten up, the gentle warm air dancing would make any person's heart felt soothing. However Old Su, was feeling very nervous, even though he could feel his knees ache due to standing at the village gate, he kept standing staring intently towards the empty desolate dusty road.

Two leather armored middle age man were sitting on the ground with wooden pikes on their shoulders, both of them have a lazy appearance, but they were keenly observing the surrounding ready to act in a moment notice.

"The sun has risen! Quickly! Young master must be trapped some where, lets ..." before Old Su could finish his sentence a rude and loud voice interrupted him.

"Steward! Stop wasting the money on that worthless brat! Don't you think spending money on testing his spiritual root was not wasteful enough?!"

It was the voice of a young man dressed in messy robe but silk black hair, a pale face and dull brown eyes, on his each side were 2 young girls around 14 with decent face and figure dressed in coarse clothing, clinging onto him.

The smell of alcohol could be smelled as Old Su face scrunched up. Testing for a spiritual root would be expensive for an ordinary family however the young master was a son of a wealthy merchant, while young master was just a fourth child but none of the 3 other children have a spiritual root either!

Even in a thousand people none could have one!

Though he posses no spiritual roots but he have a high comprehension which had allow him to become an apprentice of an alchemist! Which mean, he have the highest potential compared to other 3 children who except for have some martial talents are completely ordinary!

In the end Old Su grit his teeth and endure it, due to the fact that the young man in front of him is the uncle of the young master or blood-related brother of the young master's mother! Collecting his cool he started to give commands to the 2 hired guards and villagers in the surrounding whom were too dull to be noticed to prepare searching for young master.

"I'm back!" a child like voice brought everyone to stupor as they saw an eight year old figure slowly walked along the dusty road, except for the silk clothes being stained with dirt he looked relatively unharmed.

While Old Su was relieved, the young man in messy robe have an annoyed expression before dragging the 2 young girl with him disappearing into the village. Around 20 villagers who were gathered look a bit unsatisfied, the two guards seems not bothered by it and continue siting on the earthly ground with bored looks.

Before Old Su could said a word, the young master spoke in a slightly loud voice enough for the villager in the vicinity to hear it clearly.

"Old Su, give them each a half farmer's bread, also give the guards a bottle of rice wine to pass the afternoon." The villages were happy when they heard the statement, they were first promised 3 farmer's bread for participating the search expedition, a half bread is basically one day worth of meal for them, while it was lesser but it was gained without an effort! The guards' ears perk up, with embarrassed smiles they quickly stand up with straight back saying "Welcome back young master!"

Old Su was quite shocked not by the words but by the tone and temperate that could be felt from young master. While the young master was pretty intelligence and quite wise sometimes but never have he seen him being so self confident and decisive.

"Lets talk about other details after I have clean." Finishing his sentence 'young master walked towards the center of the village.

Waking up from his stunned stated, Old Su commanded the servant behind him to distribute the bread whom was carrying a wooden basket. After ensuring the servant did his job Old Su followed young master's foots step with a servant and a guard in tail, the other guard had long went along with the young master for his security.

While walking, the servant in coarse clothing secretly thought how his life is miserable! He was went unnoticed this whole morning! Only during the bread distribution was he noticed! Heaven is truly unfair!

[Scene Break]

The warmth from the hot water relax his stiff muscles as he heave out a sigh. However the dull headache and cloudiness in his head does not help him feel better. He had wish to process his memory properly before making any plans however all he could remember were hazy memories unless he focus himself on trying to access them which would strain his mortal mind greatly add on the fact that it might worsen his soul injury.

Soul injury, a wound that any sentient being would find the hardest to heal. In fact anyone that have access to cultivation would rather lose half of their senses or even limbs as trying to regain them was a thousand time easier than healing a soul injury!
    The reason for such a case is that a soul injury which depends on severity could make cultivation harder from 100 times to a million time!

From his own state he could guess that it would take 70 years through time and 35 years through constant cultivation. Precious time he could not waste. Until he healed his soul injury, he would not be able to become a proper cultivator, and the younger his body could remain the better his potential will be as a cultivator.

Of course there are other types of cultivation as the overbearing path of body refining, or the mysterious path of Daoism and lastly the unorthodox path of medical or poison path.
    "But none of them satisfy my standard!"
    As someone who had or would have sever destiny from this heaven, his ambition naturally would be high.
    "The Blood Dao" he whispered in a lowered tone to him self.

Blood Dao or the path of Blood cultivation, is one of the Lost path in this heaven. It requires extreme detailed method to cultivate, endless amount of heavenly treasures or a Dao enlightenment else one would be stuck in a major realm of cultivation that one started with no hope of advancement. Of course it is not without benefits. Blood Dao have almost no physique requirement and also no spiritual root requirement, and if there is the right method one would have at least 20% more longevity than most path with stable foundation in a realm. The last benefits which only some Lost paths share is the benefits of being able to nourish one's soul without tainting it!

"But I would have no worries for such concern!"

His lips curled up as recalled one of the requirement, extreme detailed method to cultivate. His future 'self' is of course not without regret, and he had made a manual from the very lowest of the cultivation realm to the realm of discarding mortal body.

It is the feeble Path of Blood Cultivation!

20. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 : A Step Closer (Unedited)

In a small court yard, closed off by 2 meter tall wooden fence, stood an age willow tree. The leaves glisters as they were soaked morning dew. A child figure dressed in white garbs could be seen under the willow tree dancing as if guiding the wind it self as he slowly weave his hands, arms, and the upper body while his two feet remain rooted unto the dusty ground. He steadily breath in and out the morning breeze constantly syncing with his movements, as if he is a tree dancing with the wind.

After the last set of movement, he came to a stop releasing a long breath.

"Xiao Qin, are you done staring?" A yelp sound out as the wooden to the court yard was slowly open.

A young girl around 12 years wearing coarse grey dress, brown hair tied in two buns as she walks out slowly with heads down and shifting eyes scanning the court yard that is connected to the rather larger 2 story wooden building trying to find a reason for her presence.

With a shy and timid voice she replied

"I.. I.. I am here to find master song for breakfast..."

"Hmmm..... while there is no hole in the paper on the door and it is impossible for me to see your eye from the gap of the door but your shadow could be clearly seen"

The young girl stiffen up as she realized her mistake

"Go confine your self in your room, till night you are only allowed to go toilet and drink water!"

Master Song commanded the girl as she replied with a yelp and flee away with tears watering in her eyes.

A faint smile crept up his face as he decide that he will settle the matter later, wiping his sweat with a wet tower from a nearby table beside the willow tree, he straighten his white garbs as he entered the wooden house and returned to his room on the second floor.

After closing the door he sat in a cross leg posture on a sitting mat that is placed in the center of the room. After closing his eyes, he started to breath in rapid pattern, slowly he started to sweat and faint bulging veins emerged on his forehead after a few breath he slowly relaxed his breath and heave out a tired sigh.

Even though his face was paled and his head felt like it was struck by a hammer his mouth was grinning with faint chuckle escaping from his throat.

"Finally after 4 month, all the fragments of manual on the spirit refining layer have been extracted!"

Most sentient being start cultivating from the mortal realm.

In the mortal realm, there are three Stages.

In each stage there are two layers.

Spirit refining layer is the first or the initial layer of the first stage, also known as Spiritual Stage. Spirit refining layer focus on cleansing a person's mind and developing spiritual sense. Only after one's spiritual sense have been developed one could start cultivating qi.

Piecing together the fragments in his mind as they slowly form a complete manual. However, he did not start his cultivation. He had exhausted his mind and strained his soul retrieving the final piece of manual from his memory, cultivation in initial stages is best done only during at the peak of his mental state.

Slowly he close his eye and started to breath in strange momentum, sometime the breath was long some time it was in short burst. It is a breathing technique called 'Spring harmony', it is actually only a method to keep healthy body, but he had tailored it so that he could absorbed some Heaven's Qi into his body.

While Heaven's Qi is known as the most neutral and common Qi that is known under this Heaven, most plants and beasts that does not have access to cultivation technique nor bloodline would rely on this to evolve. As a result the environments are affected dude to different level of the concentration of Heaven's Qi, such as the Flowing Grass village that he currently reside in, which region had a low concentration of Heaven's Qi making the forest sparse and most beasts that could normally be found in a forest are void in this area.

However, one should not forget that there are many types of Qi and each would affect the environment or the environment would affect the Qi. Most cultivator of Mortal Realms would gather in places where their desired Qi is in as high concentration as possible.

Even though Heaven's Qi brings many benefits, those that forcefully collect without a strong constitution would make their body collapsed slowly if one exceeded the limit.

But he had been practicing a martial art that focuses on strengthening the core strength and constitution. Which resulted him possessing a core strength of an adult! While his practice on martial arts was only four months long without the aid of any elixir or eating extremely nourishing food. It was the Heaven's Qi that he absorbed into the body, which was later use as nourishment for his body for refining his body.

But to advance more would require a lot of time and higher purity of Heaven's Qi, and the region around Flowing Grass village lack such a thing. The main reason for his preservation, in this place was so that he could provide energy to extract his memories from his injured soul.

During his pondering and practicing the breathing technique, a soft voice awoken from him from his thoughts.

"Master Song, breakfast is ready.."

Annoyed from being disturbed, he face towards the shadow that could be visible from the paper covered door, replying.

"Bring the breakfast here, also ask old Su to come to my room"

"Yes..."

Old Su was feeling very confused, since young master last adventure, his temperate was greatly changed. Since young master had came back he had been none stop 'dancing' in the back yard and confined himself to his room lately. He might not know what young master was doing in his room from morning to night, but he knew young master dancing is actually should be practicing martial art. Even though the lowest of the martial art require an age requirement of 12 before one could practiced else one would hinder one's growth and potential, that does not mean he knowledge is limited to general information.

Foundation Martial Art...

Even though such a thing have no offensive move, defensive move nor footwork, it is something that all martial artist required advance.

"Or it is also known as half body refining technique"

In his heart he acknowledge that young master must obtain some form of inheritance, but he does not wish young master to only be obsess in martial art and ignore practicing his alchemy.

However, all his worries are wash off when Song Zi had asked him to bring ingredients for his alchemy. Also he was glad to find out Song Zi had in fact been 'completing' on making a medical solution, even though he was a bit creep out by the ingredient list, he just pass it off as one of those strange alchemy ingredient.

When this sun hang low and night approaches, Song Zi decide to settle the matter from this morning. He slowly walk towards, the servant quarters on the first floor, any guards or servant he pass by would unconsciously lower their head due to the unique aura around him, also it was enhanced by his sudden growth now look more like a boy of age 10 to 12. When he arrived before a door, soft whimper and mutters could be hard, the lines were 'stupid young master', 'Ah.. My stomach hurts' and 'I am starving to death..'

With a faint smirk Song Zi Entered without knocking, the door opened to a small room in it was a chest a covered pot and a bed on top was a cured up little girl Xiao Qin.

Making his face cold and indifference.

"So peeking on me was enough but you must cursed me as well?"

My voice stiffen up the sobbing girl as she slowly turns her head was fear stricken eyes with tears smudges on her face.

"Stop wasting my time and follow to my room if.. "

pausing my words to allow them to sink into her head

"you wishes to become a martial artist"

The girls two big eyes widen, she watch as Song Zi slowly walk out of her room before she quickly scramble up from her bed in haste as she followed him forgotten about her hunger.