LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See, I thought achieving 9-leaf dao fruits required paired insights. Or maybe I misread the relevant chapters. But I was under the impression that the reason why Yi Yun was unable to condense 9-leaf sword/saber, yang/yin and time/space dao fruits was because his major destruction dao fruit was missing a bit of creation so he couldn't make it 9-leaf as well. It's odd that one fruit seemed to hold back all the others. It's not as if he didn't already have paired insights in those 3 already.

Maybe you can't have a 9-leaf fruit unless all your fruits are 9-leaf? Otherwise your insights don't form a perfect system. This is all a side issue to the plot so we may really never find out unless CC decides to enlighten us.

2. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not that. It was clearly stated that the reason his fruits depended on his Destruction one was because it was the basis for his Dao. His Dao Domain is a destruction one, and when he attained his Dao Domain he fused all of his Dao (at the time) onto his Destruction insights. Later he added his time Dao to it. Proof of that is the phenomenon he created when first attempting Dao Manifestation. A Wheel of time producing golden sword beams. 10k DWE was the basis of his Dao, so if it's fruit was not perfect, his others wouldn't be either. That probably is also the reason why his Dao fruits were positioned in that peculiar way. Major Destriction above and the other 3 forming a triangle under it, as if proteting it. Proof that his insights were all connected.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    bob3002, Shratath and zg44 like this.
  3. jordanvn

jordanvn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was because he made Major Destruction his main Dao so when it was not perfect, it help back his other Dao from being perfect as well

zg44 likes this.
  4. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    No it was just because of the power of major destruction, yin-yang, space-time, and sword-saber are nothing compared to the power of a god, major destruction. Destruction is just so powerful that it not being complete disrupted all the other fruits. Since they lost balance they couldn't grow the final sprout. Pure destruction would probably be fine and reach 9 leaves by itself. But with other insights pure destruction wanted to consume everything. Weakening YY overall, so he needed something to keep destruction is check. Giving it something to consume it is like giving a dog a bone.

Shratath likes this.
  5. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that after Yi Yun manifested his Dao and his Yin insights permanently fused into his Yang Dao and colored his golden flames in blue, you think after he defeats Sha Hongxue he will claim the title of Azure Yang Lord instead of Amiable Cloud Lord? I would like this, gives a sense of accomplishment to his revenge and would feel like him keeping AYL's name and legacy alive. Plus, it is a way cooler and more menacing name.

6. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's what @Liron and @jordanvn said.

Yi Yun's insights were all based off the Major Destruction Dao Domain (as is the case for all practitioners, that's why the first Dao Domain is especially important, it determines your basis and future Dao potential off that basis; Yi Yun didn't want to create a Pure Yang Dao Domain as his first knowing that Major Destruction Dao Domain would have much higher potential)

Take Lin Xintong for example, her Dao basis is the GEHS, and she'd presumably end up having a Pure Yin Dao Domain as her first Dao Domain; if we had to guess, she'll probably end up with something like a 9-leaf Yin Dao Fruit and maybe a 7 or 8-leaf Sword Dao Fruit.

7. Dragonking360

Dragonking360 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just thinking about whether Yi Yun will have to return the Pure Yang Sword Palace before he is of 100 years old so that he can become the official successor to the Pure Yang Sword Palace. Does anyone remember the requirements that he would have to fulfill besides being under 100 years old?

8. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. We even discussed it yesterday. He needed to reach the realm of Heart of the Sword before 100 yo. YY is 55 years old. He attained Heart of the Sword long ago. He should be on it's peak, I guess. And he still has 45 more years to return to PYSP. It is more than what he used so far in cultivation, so no worries there.

9. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    YY will probably breakthrough to the peak of the Dao Manifestation or even to the Dao Palace before going to PYSP. Also, I only remember that he needed to be at the Sword Heart realm in his Sword Dao to become the official successor.
    Remember all the trouble that Yi Yun went through to get his 9-leaf Dao Fruits, I doubt that Xintong can do the same without a huge lucky chance from the author. She will probably have a 8-leaf Dao Fruit.

10. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no way she'll only have an 8 leaf fruit. She'll get at least 2 9 leafs.

11. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if her Yin meridians condition is beyond rare in the entire 12 EH to the point of being legendary I agree that she could get a 9-leaf Pure Yin Dao Fruit. However expecting her to get 2 9-leaf Dao Fruits or more is a little too much. Yi Yun had to use the MC Armor Plot, his Purple Card Cheat, and the huge lucky chance of fusing with a divine tree to get his 9-leaf Dao Fruits. If you expect her to get 9-leaf Dao Fruits just from the interactions she had with Yi Yun in the Tian Yuan World and the fact she was a peerless genius in that world, you are underestimating too much how hard it is to get a 9-leaf Dao Fruit. Getting that many 9-leaf Dao Fruit is going to be hard even if she gets a Divine Lord master or enters a peerless sect.

12. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    She will get at least 2 9-leaf fruits. One being Yin, which is paired with Yang. Yi Yun's Yang was perfected even before the Luo Divine Hall trials, as he said himself, so her Yin should be perfect too. If he disn't have the Major Destruction laws he would go through DM sooner and still have 9-leaf yang and sword fruits. Furthermore, Xintong got insights on the same sword scar YY did in the PYSP, and that sword scar gave him a 9-leaf Dao fruit (the time sword only showed up to show it was part of his Dao, not adding any leaves). So, yeah, at least 2 9-leaf fruits.

13. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's already in Heart of the Sword realm basically. Even though author never explicitly said it, he was already at peak Sword Intent a long time ago before even breaking through to Heaven Ascension. Most likely he's somewhere near mid/late stages of Heart of the Sword. Author likely won't clear that up any time soon though unless he upgrades it at some point.

As far as 9-leaf Dao Fruits go, you're probably right, but I half-expect author to give Xintong some kind of rare chance to get a top master and a 9-leaf Yin Dao Fruit as a result. She'd be a fairly high level disciple for a Pure Yin Supremacy at least, even if she can't meet a Divine Lord. As far as her Sword Dao, it's not as advanced as Yi Yun's is, so she'd probably need more there.

14. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not quite clear yet though: Yi Yun studied 1) Pure Yang Sword Scar, 2) AYL's sword slash (which included AYL's interpretation of PYSP sword scar), and 3) Three Foot Passage Sword - strongest previous Time Dao Divine Lord's sword technique.

That's 3 sword moves that all complement his Dao whose insights he put in his Sword Dao Fruit (along with his Saber insights).

Xintong created her own frost-ice Sword Intent parallel to the Pure Yang Sword Scar, but beyond that, she doesn't have additional heritage, author even commented that she had never seen a profound heritage before going to PYSP. She even commented after the PYSP lesson that his Sword Intent was a higher realm than hers.

Other factor is his Dao basis is Major Destruction Dao while hers would be Pure Yin Dao, a tier below origins, so she may need more insights to reach 9-leaf in a second fruit, though Pure Yin Dao basis would help her Pure Yin Dao Fruit reach 9-leaf.

I think she still needs a Pure Yin Supremacy or Divine Lord as master to be able to get that.

15. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    She trains in space I could her being the opposite of YY in all his insights. If she gets trained by lin ming's wife she could become good in primordial chaos using the red lotus reincarnation technique. Then she develops on her space insights and yin and sword making them all 9 leafed.

16. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think those even matter. He was already accepted as the successor. I don't think he still needs to meet them.

17. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect her to get 4 9-leaf Dao Fruits, all the opposite of Yi Yun's, just as much as I expect her to find the Primordial Bead and get the inheritance of the Pure Yin Sword Palace. It is all improbable, but hey, it could happen and it would be very poetic.

18. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he needs to achieve a certain level so he can get better goods at the PYSP like techniques and treasures. He left as a Yuan Opening martial artist and is already a Dao Manifestation. I am sure he can get some good things after he gets back.

19. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That still doesn't mean that he has to line up with the timeline given before.

20. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's correct. He thought to himself that he'd still like to meet the 2nd standard (since it was too late to meet the first), but Sword Spirit had already basically selected him; Item Spirit had basically been unhappy about it until he shocked them by making the Dao Leaf go to him.

"Those who consider themselves Kings in the 12 Empyrean Heavens are usually in the Initial Stages of Sword Soul."

After Sword Spirit said that, it makes me think that's the realm Yi Yun will be at when he returns; imagine Sword Spirit and Item Spirit if he went back already at that realm (the 3rd realm of 4) when he returns. If that's the case it wouldn't matter what age he returns at, they'd be shocked.