Request Trying to find a song I heard

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Silvertin, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard a nice song when eating at Kumori's its a sushi place. I had asked a waitress to check what it was but to my misfortune it changed before she could see what it was. That being the case I assume she wasn't able to go back and find out what it was.

There are only a few sparse clues that can help figure out what it was. which are as follows: the song seemed to have a single female singer (no backup singers), the singer was female, the song occasionally had a nice easy bass to it, somewhat an easy listening deal. the few lyrics I was able to recall (as it was repeated several times but I cannot recall the whole thing "This is what I" I believe the song was roughly 5 minutes long.(this is a rough estimate as I did not exactly time it or look at a clock while it was playing.I am fairly certain it was nothing religious related

I do not know what genre of music was but it was nothing like what you would normally hear on the radio, definitely not rock, rap, not dubstep, it MIGHT be a branch of trance type music (I am not too familiar with that genre but I think that is a close enough comparison?

So yea, can I please get some help finding this? Its likely going to drive me crazy for a while until we do. I'll update this post more later with things I find it definitely isn't.

*edit*
    I think the song could probably be described as sung with a somewhat somber tone
    As far as I can recall I only recall hearing English in the song.
    I do not really listen to jazz, but it was a voice that you could probably see doing such a song. For reference the Super Mario Odessey E3 trailer, Pauline's singing, but with a slower more somber tone.

The more I try to remember the more confused I get trying to fill in "this is what I ____" but I am 70% certain it was "This is what I do"

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  2. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    ¿?
    Oh, right, the girl, sorry idk :'c

3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    1st, what language is that song?
    2nd, still too few details. That "This is what I" lyric is really lacking.

Kagutsuchi likes this.
  4. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad Song? Happy Song?

5. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, that is what makes this even more challenging and driving me insane. the language I believe may have been all in English. I do not recall hearing a foreign language in there, as I wasn't paying attention until towards the end of the song. I do not think this clue will help, but the song that played after the one I am looking for had a voice very similar (probably the same? though i do not think so) i think had some and accordion in there. It was a completely different type and genre of song though. So that is likely an unrelated thing. I mean seriously, why would anything Spanish be playing in a Japanese sushi restaurant? That is a weird combination.

@Kagutsuchi I wouldn't say sad per say, as It didn't feel sad to me, but it certainly wasn't upbeat like a "happy" song

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  6. Liea

Liea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

can this be it?:aww:

7. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    why dont you try humming it, record, and up somewhere and post here again?

8. Shiraori_

Shiraori_ Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

Reading List:
    Link
    If you at all remember any of the lyrics verbatim, you could type them into Google with quotation marks around them and it should find you the song. Otherwise, I don't see any possible way someone could find you a song with sparse details and without having even heard the song you're looking for.

9. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Too vague, though trance lol?
    I hate trance and don't know much about it except it has a lame beat that keeps repeating x10000 for people taking drugs in clubs, it doesn't have singing as far as I know.

10. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    perhaps a song from nano? check out her voice perhaps its hers

11. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    @Liea the song did have that kind of feel! the lyrics don't match up though A good try though

@ZhaWarudo yea it really makes this feel like a fruitless endeavor :cry: Makes me start to think I should have that app on my phone I heard about on game grumps that you start, and it listens for a while, and it could tell you what song it is.

@lichdeath to be honest yes it does sound alot like her! or at least I thought so after listening to the first 14 seconds to about 18 seconds of Neverland/Nano that kind of tone was a majority of the song I heard

12. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should have install app like Shazam which takes a clip of the recording and search the database for the sound you were looking for =p

13. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I know how you feel, sometimes I hear a song and only catch like 3 words from it, so no way I can find it, and I tried sound hound, it's not really helpful with less known songs. Once I heard words lights out something... it turned out to be applause applause from lady gaga XD

Silvertin likes this.
  14. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sircus that is not it sorry :( but thanks for trying! Also, I do like that song, it was nice.

For comparison's sake though, the tempo was much too fast when compared to the song I heard. Also far more lyrics, there wasn't that much singing in the song, it was mostly ambience kind of stuff. I think. I am starting to forget the little I remembered :(

*edit* I have been searching for about an hour now ugh, I cant keep this up x.x

16. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    hrm yes i suspected as much im not sure which song of nano your looking for but im pretty sure i heard those words in some of her lyrics somewhere

17. iCataclysm

iCataclysm [Sleepy Slime] [Skullie's Unwilling Pokemon no.2]

Reading List:
    Link