LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Much Much mrm

Much Much mrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair the gate reached that through souls and I admit he has talent is spacial manipulation and without souls he would only be able to open a portal to the toilet. The gods tested Makoto's strength they weren't surprised at first with Makoto's magic but were surprised with how well he performed against Athena, the gate had power more than root and he still got his ass kicked and as Tomoe said, her and Shiki would not stand a chance but she's going by power here since the gate could only summon so it is more of a test of endurance if one is not on Root's level. Also how big is Asora? Makoto was alright in receiving a tactical nuke without worrying about the towns and the ocean. I mean Trashmoki nuke's heat although faint reached Robin the nearby city and that other nuke summoned by Samal would have took out Gritonia and damages reaching Robin.

2. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think gate has more power than root. He used a attack equal to root and it was weaker.
    Gate is probably stronger on spacial techniques but on fighting power he is way weaker than root.

aridharma likes this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends...in some stories, magic is created by dreams of people, or their memories. So maybe he didn't actually "eat" those souls, they could have been the creatures he was summoning out during the fight, which have been left alive to harvest for DP or magic.

Yeah, the nuke was probably enough to damage the other residents, though I don't think anyone would die from it, but still, he seemed to have forgotten about the rest of Asora.

Edit: As for the power of the Samal, he focused on the transport and summoning part of spacial manipulation, to a level reached rarely by gods. So it was probably summoning attacks that devastated other worlds, which just fall short of the stuff Makoto's luck has drawn his way.

4. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Aah I was going by this and if one has a way to deal with the objects and the summoned enemies then yeah he is weak, since root could do the same.
    “Leaving aside this trivial talk, I certainly did feel that Samal possessed an enormous power that surpassed the High Spirits and Root-dono, but was that my misunderstanding?” (Shiki)

“I also felt that way. If you and I were to fight him, we definitely wouldn’t have been able to win.” (Tomoe)

5. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but....
    From there, several thick lights that reminded me of the blaze of Root were shot.

Even in his suffering state, he still comes out with an imitation, moreover, even in the end, it is still another inferior version.

I receive all those lights with my Magic Armor.

Not only did I not receive any injuries, there wasn’t even the need to reform my Magic Armor.

“The power was in its perfect state and it was practically with no aria!! All of these attacks should have been a first for you; they were all techniques and spells from a world that’s no more!!” (Samal)
    You cant call that strong. He probably has the energy/magic power highter than root but he is absolutly weaker.

6. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    The gods can conduct themselves as they see fit so long as they don't break the laws that govern them, take a look at Bug, she received Athena's spear right up the ass. So Samal's side job of collecting souls would have come to light and he would have receiver judgment. Also he would receive a harsh punishement if those souls still had a will.

7. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yhh I said he is weaker if you know how to deal with his attacks is all.

8. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    Regards to "Mastery of Word" if I not wrong why Daikokuten said it actually could kill Makoto because that ability grant the receiver to understand "every word", just like how Makoto capable to talk with Wolf and Giant Bird in Asora, in partials this power harmless but since what bug gave is whole ability this might give harm to brain

9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, if you train and study you can figure out the languages, and even mannerisms of some species or races. Even the slimes that Makoto was talking to might be understandable if you work at it for a lifetime, but he got the understanding of words for everything, at least on that world.

10. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    This exactly why I still read it even though Makoto kinda meh now in my opinion
    I like how many diversity in this novel, the MC who not 100% right and how other see him and how they work in they own agenda

CockyBrat likes this.
  11. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this mastery is more than just languages. Did you know about power words? Words that only by saing them command magic. Divine language? Words that commands the world. ...
    Makoto learned them too. This kind of knowledge is a great power that even god want like Odin of norse mitology that sacrificed his eye for knowledge on runes. ...
    With that said. Who the hell bug is? To be able to give this kind of power she is quite the big shot.

12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Think they explained that it was given to her beforehand, and she been mismanaging it by turning it into a simple blessing to her hyumans.

13. Bastil

Bastil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can absolutely call that strong - Remember, Root's Blaze was quite literally him - the most powerful natural existence in Bug's world - putting every ounce of his power in a single move, to the point where he would be out of commission for at least a few days from the energy expenditure. It's more impressive that he was able to unleash that kind of attack with such a high speed - Even Root took at least a minute, possibly more, to charge.

If you judge what's strong or not by using Makoto as a standard, even Gods of War will only be at the level of "Pretty strong." at this point...

That said... The crack has widened (probably), and Tomoe and Shiki learned a lesson that would bring absolute dread to Hibiki if she knew...

Makoto's angry smile is God. Damn. Terrifying. And also apparently a natural expression when committing a one-sided trampling of something that annoyed him. It's becoming increasingly clear how Makotwo and Makothree turned into casual genocidal maniacs...

NekoMK2, CockyBrat and CountryMage like this.
  14. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    No what they said it is that the first time she gave the power as language power she made it by removing one languages witch downgraded the words power to normal power.
    Thruth but when reading we have makoto as reference so we have to use him. What matter is how strong the attack is from makoto point of view.
    On that and versatility root win.
    If you say raw power and speed of atack gate win.
    However on the en this just prove that Makoto is way beiond human now and getting closer to a god.

Bastil likes this.
  15. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah a lot of stories have clear cut heroes and villains. Even something like Realist King which is very political has the clear good guys and bad guys. This story introduced Makoto as a typical character but the story is a ramp that has shown his flaws and nature more and more the longer the story goes. The only real bad guy in this story has been the mindwashing rapist hero Tomoki but even he is just a pawn to the Princess who has a lot of motives that are "justified" when you see from her PoV. Which is why as long as people are open to discussion (especially since we are missing almost all info on what the Goddess has done/been doing) and open-minded to the various ideas I'm all for discussion. But as I said (and I might been dragging it a bit long) some people here are unwilling to accept the possiblity that Makoto might not be a good guy who is the best for this world. It's the reason I really haven't discussed here for a bit (along with the fact that it's kinda hard to keep the conversation going when I'm at work)

Solracmar, NekoMK2 and CockyBrat like this.
  16. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Root was going to destroy the whole demon region and that gate copied his attack although a downgraded version he did it probably multiple times which shows just how dangerous he can be. Also root can't be contracted any more right? I mean I can't see Root as male sorry if it sounds weird.

17. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except you don't use Makoto as the broken measuring tool or otherwise everyone in OPM would be weak in comparison to Saitama including Boros and Tatsumaki. You can't measure power with OP characters unless it's a series like Nagima or Index where broken characters come by the dozen.

18. TheOneAboveGod

TheOneAboveGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be possible that Makoto simply viewed the attack as weaker due to him having outgrown himself by a large margin since that time with Root. The weapons Samal summoned could have been more power than all 1000+ of Sofia's swords combined but Makoto simply dismissed them as weaker without properly analyzing them. We never really got anything in this chapter to indicate that Makoto is analyzing the power of Samal's attacks. To him, none of them can harm him, so why bother with the boring details? Just trample that arrogant shit-talking tsukumogami and be done with it.

CountryMage, Solracmar and NekoMK2 like this.
  19. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the translation specifically say "nuke" though? Did I miss something here? All I remember is that Samal summoned some missiles, but Makoto wasn't sure about what kind of warheads they had.

20. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    He's Japanese. Given how often their nearby neighbour go sabre-rattling for food like beggars, he obviously knows what kind of warheads they are.