LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not think Makoto really hated individuals themselves but he did feel disgust and that disgust gave birth to hate.

For example, the goddess is a clear example how Makoto feels. He was disgusted by her attitude and actions, to the point he hated someone for the first time in his life.
    Similarly, with the hyumans... he is disgusted by them but racism, discrimination is a hatred that is on subconscious level and Makoto's break through is a true step forward.

If we take the nazies as an example (urgh, I feel like a swj but this is true).... the nazies, hitler had a hatred for the jews or other races that were declared as inferior races. His hatred was defined by the way he views people, he was disgusted by jews and viewed them as offenders, as an inferior race. Similarly, Makoto was disgusted by hyumans and thus, he discriminated against the hyumans (not to the point of hitler and his nazies). I think hatred can be bred from disgust and hatred can bred disgust... they go hand in hand (of course, there are different levels of disgust) but I sincerely believe that Makoto hated hyumans in general.

Only hatred can make one so blind and indifferent to others. It obscures a person's rationale, there were plenty of cases where Makoto was seen where he was indifferent to the hyumans and even all that animosity he received, he was disgusted and indifferent to it. Even Mio said it, about the guy in the academy arc that transformed into a monster.... we see this few times and it proven, acknowledged when he realizes he dscriminates against hyumans.
    Discrimination is hatred by definition, it is refusing to acknowledge an individual or a group of people as your equal. Of course, there can be hatred without discrimination (such as revenge or personal reasons) because there are various ways to hate and various types of hate.

kenar likes this.
  2. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I see how little he thinks of hyumans but I don't believe that its full blown hate, if it was so he wouldn't be selling medicines to them, or having any kind of interaction, he already stated that he can hold up in Asora and live there normally with out the need to interact with other hymans. He doesn't like them and think less of them that the other demi-hyumans but not full hate.

CountryMage likes this.
  3. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm well its a famous soy. Hating someone is giving T hem importance.
    The opposite of lo ve aint ha te but apathy.
    Disgust may be but i cant say he hate something except for bug.
    He just D idnt give importance to hyumans and to Sum it Up he have plenty of resource and means to not interact with T hem. If none told him he Could live ignoring T hem and if T hey are annoying Could kill T hem as cutting grass but There is no ha te involved it would be just convenient. That Changed tough T hanks to his companions and the fact that he himself D idnt cut off his interactions with hyumans.

CountryMage likes this.
  4. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Makoto dislikes hyumans but thinks they can change if Bug is gone, the racism pointed by Hibiki is extremely inflated. As you said Makoto is saving hyumans despite their racism because he thinks they can change but feels disgusted of hyuman's society.

Paps likes this.
  5. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    It certainly has be en inflated a bit but to let it at the lv of just dislike wont explain his absolutly non reaction when killing.

6. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus what someone T hinks and f eels are diferent T hings. Clearly There was discrepancy btw makoto thoughts and feelings

7. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't give a single fuck about killing demons/demis either but given the choice between protecting a demi or a hyuman Makoto will probably choose the demi, that's the extend of his "hatred".

Paps likes this.
  8. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not at the level of hate where he would initiate violence or acts against those who he hate but rather, it is hate on the level of indifference where even if someone is tortured, brutally killed... he would be indifferent. As you said, it is not full blown but that hate is there and that hate is discrimination and disgust. Though, as it is not full blown and Makoto is whimsical.. at times he cares, at times he doesn't.... he acts on what he can relate to, for example the sister waitress... he saved her because the look in her eyes and it reminded of bullying which as a japanese or moral person did not like.
    So, I am repeating myself but yes I do not think it is full blown and it will not be, as the story so far is progressing, we are seeing Makoto free himself from such discrimination and hate, slowly.

Apathy or indifference is still hate. Love or rather caring for someone, you cannot ignore and even if they hurt you... you still care for them and wish their well being. While hate can be one that drives you to do actions or think a certain way about a person.
    Then there's another form of hate, for example... the nazies, ISIS let's divide them into two type of people.. those who initiate and do actions against those that they hate or discriminate against, then there's those who watch and are not bothered by it. Realistically, it is impossible for one to not feel nothing, in fact the argument of feeling indifferent, not attached or feel nothing itself is a feeling.... the same way to do can be used when you are not doing anything or your are doing nothing. I seen a documentary of christians in middle east and how they were going ethnic cleansing and they were exterminated... in the middle of the town, there was a corpse of a child who was a christian and people were walking by the corpse that was gathering dust like nothing. This feeling can be described as hate or discrimination, as one chops the head of someone or torture him and another finds nothing wrong or is not bothered by it.

Both are hate but they are expressed differently or the feeling is different. From my experience, when someone kept doing horrible things to me.. over and over again, slowly with each action that hurt me.. I started to be indifferent to them, I do believe that is hate. Similarly in certain laws where someone is alongside someone who does a crime and is being charged or sentenced as he was assisting the crime or guilty by association in crime.

CockyBrat likes this.
  9. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm well so the conjeture will vary based on everyone concept of ha te.

Paps likes this.
  10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    He has moved beyond this choice, he will either save them both, or neither.
    He denies what he doesn't want to accept, turns his attention away from things he doesn't understand, and the hyumans give him a lot of contradicting info, deception is part of them because of the communication cheat, I think. He counts it as evil, and he is learning more about it, so that it won't bite him in the ass later, from ignoring it.
    Love and Hate both imply passion, they are on the same side of the spectrum, apathy and indifference is the complete opposite, no love or hate.
    I find myself feeling nothing for people all the time, I don't know them, so I am not affected by their joy or sadness. Put enough strange people in one place, and they just look like a wall you walk past.
    Cutting off a head shows hate, walking past a body in the streets, is self preservation. You don't want to end up like they did, so you keep your mouth shut, and move on.
    If someone is doing horrible things to you, and you find yourself not thinking about them anymore, that's not hate, that's acceptance, you have accepted the abuse. Acceptance can be either as resignation that it will happen, or welcoming what happens, either way you aren't worrying about it anymore.

There are many laws where you can be tried as an accomplice, for merely being associated to a criminal perpetrator, there are also laws where you can be tried for not helping someone you saw in danger, and there are places where neither type of law is enacted. You also have to think about intent, as it's a part of most of the criminal laws.

kenar, Avil and Paps like this.
  11. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A random though, if a new God comes to visit Makoto who do you think will come? My two cents are on Artemis, while her stories make her look like a man-hater those guys were rapists so I think she might come to like Makoto and his way of life.

12. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Belldandy and sisters are strong candidates since T hey got interested on him

Avil likes this.
  13. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    They have too much work, to be able to get any time off, look at the long wait just to greet them. I'm guessing Poseidon might come over to see what the fuss is about, maybe even some time off from his problems at home, and he is very close to Tsuki, indebted to him.

14. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    The indebted Part.... There are quite m any gods like that jaja tsuki sure is awesome.

15. lexlangel

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i want to reread the gods si de story

Zerak likes this.
  16. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we are limiting it to Gods that appeared in side-stories then Amaterasu might visit Asora as well, she looked pretty stressed so I bet she might visit to relax a bit.

17. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think it should be a cat God, because you know his love for cats is what brough his friendship with the gamers pair on earth, maybe Ai-Apaec a shape-shifting Peruvian god.

18. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt with tsuki sick she has too much work. If she meets makoto would be after his return to earth.

19. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless she brought her work with her. Think of a story writer going on a mountain resort to write stories.

With secretary Ema it possible it would be finished in no time.

Solracmar and Avil like this.
  20. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I still doubt for what I understood of gods work.they have to manage the world. You can't manage that in another world. So only free gods, destruction and wisdom and wealth, visited makoto.

CountryMage likes this.